[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Sopranos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: sopranos.jpg (62KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
sopranos.jpg
62KB, 620x412px
The Sopranos really spoiled me for every other TV series, The Wire excluded. All the dramas besides them just feel so flimsy, so pathetic, so forced, so pretentious, and so vapid. I wind up following them all for a time until they either jump the shark or just get sick of how pandering and pathetic they feel, and just wind up rewatching The Sopranos again. Its got infinite rewatchability, I can just watch any episode any time and be absolutely satisfied, and it never felt forced or full of itself or shoddy. God, all the shows that followed it just feel like they are sadly and weakly trying to copy it in some way or another with a different frame, and doing it poorly. There really won't ever be another TV drama series that comes close, will there?
>>
>>85773980
Nice
>>
buzzwords and shitty pasta the post
>>
>>85773980
Watch Mad Men. It's even better than The Sopranos.
>>
Here are some shows that came close for me

>Mad Men (written by one of the writers of Sopranos)
>The Leftovers
>The Wire
>>
>>85773980
It gets my vote for the greatest TV drama ever, and I'm not sure which would even come in distant second (I'm making my first run through Mad Men now).

I only finished watching it for the first time early this year and I've already started a rewatch. Just now watched The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti (S1E8). Everyone hypes College as the best S1 episode, but this one just has way too many gems:
>has possibly the first of the show's iconic dream sequences
>I must be loyle to my capo
>Melfi's family introduced
>Agent Harris introduced
>Chrissy and Georgie digging up Emil Kolar and finding his beard and nails kept growing
>Vito playing not-Vito in the bakery scene
>>
File: furious.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
furious.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
We are for the maani.
>>
>>85776284
this
>>
File: thefuckyousay.png (83KB, 221x273px) Image search: [Google]
thefuckyousay.png
83KB, 221x273px
>>85776284
>>85777984
>>
Deadwood
>>
Sopranos Season Rankings, go

5>3>2>6b>6a>1>4
>>
>>85778359
Why season 4 at the end? Bare in mind I haven't seen seasons 5 and 6, but I see a lot of people putting season 4 at the bottom too.
>>
>>85778730
Furio being fucked up by the writers, Meadow having few scenes and even fewer scenes that actually matter among some other things is my reasoning for it being the least good season of the show. Although the episode where they kill Ralph is one of my favourites.

t. different homo
>>
File: IMG_2049.jpg (73KB, 673x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2049.jpg
73KB, 673x1024px
>>
>>85778830
Yeah, I get that. Furio and Carmela suddenly being in love kinda fell flat, and lack of Meadow was a detriment. Though Ralphie's death episode, and the Season finale were probably some of my favorites so far.
>>
>>85775822
You mean shitty ziti
>>
>>85778359
6>3>5>4>2>1
>>
>>85778730
Best answer I can give you is I just couldn't justify putting it above any of the other seasons. Season 4 is still great television, and its season finale is one of the best eps of the show hands down IMO. "Christopher" is a notoriously bizarrely weak episode (though not without its moments), and I seem to remember the season dragging a bit between Ralphie's death and the finale.
>>
>>85779022
I could see 6b higher than 3 and 5, but 6a also? Nah. If it weren't for the 1-2 punch of Join the Club and Mayham, 6a would be a lot closer to the bottom for me.
>>
The Sopranos was the most underwhelming thing I've ever watched.

Mad Men is the GOAT show.
The Wire is very good until the end of season 3.
>>
>>85779231
This must be bait. 4 is The Wire's best season.
>>
>>85779555
Season 4 was the worst anon. Patricians understand that it goes 2>3>1>4>5
>>
>>85773980
Well said. I wouldnt change a bit of it, not even Vito and Johnnycakes

You know what they should make? The Sopranos: on ice
>>
>>85773980
no and not anytime soon either.
noting comes close.
even the wire, for how good of a show it is, it can't hold a candle to the sopranos.
breaking bad and mad men are just vastly inferior memes, with the latter being utter re***t trash.
>>
>>85779767
I thought you said 4 was the worst?
>>
>>85779955
there's literally nothing more reddit than sopranos worship
>>
>>85780464
No anon you're just a stupid faggot
>>
>>85773980
read this and just watched a random episode from season 3.

perfect fucking episode, the one with ralphie and tracee. you may very well be 100% correct, OP.
>>
>>85773980
I didn't like how new members of the sopranos crew would appear and some would just disappear. Like that buff guy who Tony beats up after being shot. He disappeared soon after. Where did he go? Where did the fat guy come from? Why was Silvio turned into a cardboard cutout?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.