[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>see this movie last night in England, visiting old roommate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Dunkirk_Film_poster.jpg (127KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkirk_Film_poster.jpg
127KB, 220x326px
>see this movie last night in England, visiting old roommate
>literally nothing happens during the entire movie
>movie gets a fucking standing ovation
>"what a film!" my friend says as we leave
>>
Yeah I was waiting for Captain America to show up too.
>>
File: 1472083179772.jpg (18KB, 470x496px) Image search: [Google]
1472083179772.jpg
18KB, 470x496px
Did you at no point consider that maybe you are the one with shit taste?
>>
>>85772311
Are you American, female, or both?
>>
>>85772311
>a fucking standing ovation
Well that's a lie for a start. Only time I've seen someone applaud a film over here was a drunk chav, and the film was Rocky.
>>
>>85772353
>>85772369
>>85772394
name three characters in the movie and then tell me what they hoped to accomplish and or cared about
>>
>>85772444
>muh characters
Textbook pleb talk. If every film maker stuck to your autistic criterion for how to structure a film, we'd have capeshit all day every day.
>>
File: 1499965816106.jpg (196KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1499965816106.jpg
196KB, 640x619px
>>85772444
I think anime would be more up your alley
>>
>>85772444
>Soldier
Surviving
>Officer
Getting the soldiers off the beach
>Pilot
Protecting the soldiers from air strikes

Next question
>>
>>85772311
>standing ovation

Nice try. We aren't americlaps. We don't celebrate anything but the last night of the proms.

And sports.
>>
>>85772557
no, you're right, I should just continue to stare at the monotonous, bland and emotionless piece of art that is dunkirk.

I honestly can't remember being captivated by a single thing, which is surprising since I wasn't even that drunk
>>
>>85772444
>name three characters in the movie and then tell me what they hoped to accomplish and or cared about
Farrier - He is Fortis 1 and is an expert Ace pilot out to protect the sea and land, despite struggling with fuel loss

George - He is the young boy who wants to be a hero but ends up dying

The Navy officer on the Mole - He's determined to get everyone off Dunkirk using only civilian and volunteer vessels because every single destroyer they send gets destroyed by the Germans.
>>
>>85772652
>We don't celebrate anything but the last night of the proms.
Yeah but that's the Middle classes getting out all that unsavoury patriotism they bottle up the rest of the year.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB5Nbp_gmgQ
>>
>>85772730
I don't really care whether you liked Dunkirk. I'm just commenting on your narrow conception of how one should critique a film.
>>
>>85772871
dude, this isn't some arthouse film. it's a war movie. you're supposed to be invested in them getting out alive, which is the point of the movie. any suspense or drama is derived from the emotional connection you have to anything happening in the movie at all, which there isn't.
>>
>>85772444
Farrier, doing his mission and shooting down german planes
George - wanted to get his name in the papers
The guy who wasn't gibson - frog who was pretending to be british.
>>
>>85773136
How could you not be emotionally invested?
>>
>>85773136
Are you too autistic to empathize with an individual whose life could be snuffed out any second? Do you really need the movie to have out of place characterization before you can understand what they're going through? Are you dull?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 338x305px
>>85772311
>>literally nothing happens during the entire movie
Is this trolling? I've seen so many people say this before I saw the movie and I was afraid it would be boring. But I saw it and I was on edge the whole time I understand if people don't like it, it's not for everyone. But to say nothing happened throughout the entire movie is wrong, senpai.
>>
>>85773136
It's almost not even a war movie, it's a suspensful thriller abou transporting a fuckload of people from point A to point B under dangerous circumstances.
It has more in common with The Wages of Fear than with Saving Private Ryan for example.
>>
>>85772311
another pleb FILTERED
>>
>see Dunkirk today by myself (paid extra $10 single tax)
>many open seats
>2 girls come in during the previews
>sit two seats away from me
>immediately get boner
>spend the first 5 minutes thinking about greentexting on /tv/
>realize 4chan and isolation in general have robbed me of any creativity
>finish the movie
>come home
>post this
>>
>>85773648
I enjoy this post anon, thank you.
>>
>>85773136
Are you literally autistic?
>>
File: 1491319949639.png (50KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1491319949639.png
50KB, 255x204px
>>85773709
thanks
>>
>>85772311
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
what a 9/10
>>
Did you guys read the guardian article?
>>
File: sakea paskalle.jpg (62KB, 996x800px) Image search: [Google]
sakea paskalle.jpg
62KB, 996x800px
>>85772311
>"what a film!" my friend says
Kek. Does your friend happen to have autism by any chance?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.