[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chris Pratt describes the problem with ‘Suicide Squad’

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 20

>“I really like all the Warner Bros. movies,” Pratt said. “I think they’re really cool and I’m not a real tough critic on those movies. But one of the flaws might have been they were introducing too many characters in Suicide Squad. They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters, rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters.”

>"This is Katana," he added with a wry smile. "She's got my back. She can cut all of you in half with one sword stroke just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her; her sword traps the souls of its victims."

http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/chris-pratt-describes-the-problem-with-suicide-squad/6TGfgkdYuXb7TDfpJrEY1I/

Well gang, what do you think now that Chris Pratt has weighed in on the matter?
>>
I would advise not getting in a dance-off with him
>>
idgaf about him, he's like the worst Chris. What does based Evans have to say on the matter?
>>
>>85768647
kys faggot
>>
>>85768739
w-what?
>>
>every character needs a trilogy
I must have missed the Star Lord trilogy.
>>
File: 1488272806344.jpg (35KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488272806344.jpg
35KB, 720x540px
>>85768588
>"This is Katana," he added with a wry smile. "She's got my back. She can cut all of you in half with one sword stroke just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her; her sword traps the souls of its victims."
My sides.
>>
>>85768739
Enjoy your shit taste fatfag
>>
>>85768588
Pratt's a pretty cool guy. Suicide Squad was flawed for various reasons. But you don't need a trilogy of films about a character before they exist in another film
Especially when that trilogy contradicts the team-up film
(see iron man 3, the winter soldier, and age of ultron)
>>
>>85768891
I do
>>
>>85768588
>capeshit actor criticizes shit movie because there aren't enough spinoffs and prequels
Sounds legit tbqh.
>>
>>85768829
>that'sthejoke.jpg
>>
I love his perfume. What is that, the scent of quips?
>>
You dont need trilogies to make characters compelling but if you need 10 characters to introduce you need great screen writer

Not 20 people editing script
>>
>>85770050
Nice.
>>
File: 1489397621809.jpg (112KB, 892x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489397621809.jpg
112KB, 892x1024px
>>85768588
>Well gang, what do you think now
>now

Months old news.

Did it take this long for the news to reach India?
>>
>>85768588
>>"This is Katana," he added with a wry smile. "She's got my back. She can cut all of you in half with one sword stroke just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her; her sword traps the souls of its victims."
No way he said this
>>
Chris Pratt looks like a nice guy but why would I care about an actor's thoughts?It's not like he's a writer or a director.Suicide Squad was a pretty bad movie but this is not the reason.
>>
File: PleaseTaMeetcha.jpg (49KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
PleaseTaMeetcha.jpg
49KB, 446x299px
>>85770343

This scene is brilliant. I pity plebs that can't interpret subtext and visual cues:

>Katana boards
>Flagg asks her where she was, in English
>Katana says "I was busy" in Japanese

Katana doesn't reply in English...indicating she might not be comfortable with her pronunciation and grasp. Additionally, replying in Japanese is useful as a low-level secret code with Flagg.

>Flagg instantly launches into a rundown of how badass she is
>Cut to Deadshot, not looking impressed in the slightest
>As Flagg gets to her Soultaker sword, we again see his SRSLY expression, not believing this supernatural bullshit at all, interrupted by Harley extending her hand
>Harley greets, then insults Katana and starts snickering

Despite her ditzy blond demeanor, its easy to forget that Harley had a life before The Joker, including a medical degree and the upscale culture attached to that achievement. She may even know how to speak Japanese.

>Katana asks Flagg if she should kill them
>Flagg answers in the negative

Fans of the Netflix series Narcos will understand the reference...it was common practice during "dirty wars" in South America and elsewhere to kill captives by taking them on a helicopter ride, then ditching the bodies overboard, alive or dead (and yes, this is also referenced in TDKR, starring CIA).

>Harley turns to the oblivious El Diablo "She seems nice!"

Confirming that she does speak Japanese, but that she's insane enough to find the peril presented as humorous.

From this exchange, we can glean the following character traits:

>Katana is violent, but vulnerable (this comes up later in the movie, as she breaks down in tears over the hopelessness of the mission)
>Deadshot, at this point, has a materialistic worldview, given his reaction to Flagg's Soultaker breakdown
>Both Flagg and Katana have done Wet Work for the government
>Harley is both smarter than she lets on, but also reckless

Now, stop using this scene as a demonstration of the movie's failings.
>>
>>85768588
The real problem is The Enchantress as the villain. She'd be a tough matchup for Superman, but the SS is full of low-powered nobodies. Good with a sword? Good with a fucking boomerang? What use is that when guns exist? The SS only win because the Enchantress is an idiot with no idea how to use her powers effectively.

Superior SS plot:
>The Enchantress is in another movie
>SS is sent to steal MacGuffin from other criminals
>MacGuffin gives you minor superpowers
>Amanda Waller was the bad guy all along and she wants it for herself
>SS fight powered up Amanda
>it goes badly because even "minor superpowers" is better than SS's shit-tier powers
>the Joker shows up to save Harley, joins fight because he thinks it's hilarious that the whole SS will get to escape too
>Batman finally shows up and he's forced to fight on the same side a the Joker
>Batman + Joker + SS win
>Batman recaptures SS, Joker escapes
>>
>>85771634
Thanks Stuckman
>>
>>85770474
This is copypasta right guys?
>>
>>85770474
Holy shit. David Ayer is a genius.
>>
>>85768739
What does based Evans have to say?
>>
>>85771634
I mean, you had me at the beginning with making the story about ss stealing macguffin
But then the macguffin granting superhero powers seems contrived
And shoe-horning Joker into the final fight? The fuck can he do to help?
And then randomly adding Batman too?

That literally would've been the worst superhero final fight yet
>>
>>85772020
"kys faggot" - Chris Evans to Donald Trump
>>
>>85771634
Frankly I don't see why Joker ONLY disabled Harley's bomb, if he had the technology to do so. Imagine the chaos he could have caused if he disabled all of them at once. He wouldn't have even had to take them along because they would have instantly turned on Waller and Flag who wouldn't have stood a chance, and then they could have escaped the city themselves.
>>
>>85770474
On the one hand I see your point. On the other hand, this movie throws like a dozen people and literally lays out motivations, characterizations, feelings and all to the audience at the first chance they get. And while I'm sure the moments were all true to the characters, it was too much to throw at the audience at once. When you're on a first date, you don't wear your quirks, insecurities, hangups, and "specialness" on your sleeve. You really need to ease into it steadily. I need to know why you're like me before I can care why you're not. But to be honest I don't think the characters were ever even a minor problem with the movie, eccentricism is never too ambitious in this genre, especially given the tone of the movie. The editing, the plot, and the subplots were just never in sync. I always felt like it was a cluster of ideas rather than a uniform thought.
>>
>>85770474
This is brilliant satire on BvS apologists.
>>
>>85772221
I thought BvS apologists were just satirizing MoS apologists.
>>
>>85772034
>And shoe-horning Joker into the final fight? The fuck can he do to help?
He's obviously brought some wacky gadgets for the purposes of saving Harley. Even if he can't kill Amanda alone he's going to increase the confusion and give the others a better chance.

>And then randomly adding Batman too?
It's completely out of character for Batman to sit this out. Metahuman gone bad is exactly what he was preparing for.
>>
>>85772221
Have you ever considered that maybe it's not satire and that people who criticize films only know how to understand them at the surface level? You can apply this sort of analysis to many films and see that they're far more complex than the critics, who only watch them once, miss a bunch of stuff, and put out their review, are wont to claim. "Film critic" is a profession too often taken by those who don't remotely understand the art.
>>
>>85772267
They're one and the same. It alls tarted as a joke, but as it happens here, some retards didn't get it and are still running with it.
It0d be hilarious if SS gets an autist army as well.
>>
>>85772155
>tl;dr - exposition isn't a viable substitute for character development
>>
>>85772304
I think the idea falls apart because this would be so completely unfaithful to Waller's character. She's not a generic power-hungry villain, she's a person who is interested in the good of humanity but is not afraid to get her hands dirty on the way there.
>>
>>85772221
>he doesn't understand that BvS was born out of meme magic as the realisation of baneposting without the memery attached
>he didn't "get" BvS
wew lad
>>
>>85771634
I think they should've gone with a story about some terrorist organization in that country where Superman saved Lois plotting some retaliation on the US, and Waller sending the Squad to dismantle it. You could have Queen Bee as the main villain, and have the movie be a more straight forward Dirty Dozen kinda deal, with all of them having something useful to do, instead of just standing there like Boomerang.
>>
>>85772406
Every superhero film is so memeworthy that people take completely random scenes like this Katana scene, simply quote the entire scene, and that becomes a meme.
>>
>>85772383
>unfaithful to Waller's character
I don't care, and I doubt any non-nerds do either. I'd never even heard of her before I watched SS. It would be an unexpected twist.
>>
>>85772325
If you've seen Suicide Squad more than once, I have absolutely no interest in any of your thoughts.
>>
>>85772525
DC is not making the films for you. They are making them for us. So fuck off with your "epic twists."
>>
>>85772550
Well good job on being as big an idiot as the average critic, then.
>>
>>85772509
Welcome to /tv/ anon, where multiple small groups of between 5 and 20 people shitpost together in an attempt to force the next big meme
>>
>>85768868
Sounds like a sonic the hedgehog OC.
Damn I wish I'd thought of that when it came out.
>>
>>85772722
You realize Katana has been a comic book character since before Sonic even existed, I hope.
>>
>>85768588
I'm still amazed by how awesome the Enchantress first transformation looked. The thing with the hands.
Looked dope senpai.
>>
>>85772962
I didn't know much about the background of the characters, but I had already assumed that.
I meant as in I wish I'd made a sonic OC parody featuring katana's "le badazz" description in the movie.
>>
Because Peter Quipp a.k.a Meme-Lord had his own trilogy before GotG, right?
>>
>>85768647
Evans is too busy moaning about Trump on Twitter.
>>
>>85773045
Well, it's never too late. People are still talking about Suicide Squad every day and it came out a whole year ago.
>>
>>85773105
>portray the most patriotic American in the history of cinema
>despise an extremely un-patriotic, self-interested, vile excuse for a human being who somehow was elected to represent our country
Are you really surprised?
>>
>>85772997
>Enchantress will never conjure herself from your girlfriend mid-sex to force you to conceive magic demon baby.
>>
>>85773144
>who somehow was elected to represent our country

You're starting to sound a bit obsessed.
>>
>>85773218
Tell that to /ptg/ who still obsess over videos of election night because Trump has had no accomplishments to speak of as president in a full six months. All they can cling to is "muh unlikely victory."
>>
>>85773268
>/ptg/

Don't know what that is. Don't care. Just let it go, try again next time.
>>
>>85768588
Every word before the word 'but' is bullshit.
>>
>>85768588
>rather than creating trilogies for each character

Yes because everyone wants a trilogy of Captain Boomerang
>>
>>85773144
I don't care about US politics but Evans is seriously, pathologically obsessed with Trump.
>>
>>85773365
What? You don't?
>>
>>85773411
I do, but by the time we get all the characters movies, it'll be like 10 years later and they don't know if people will still be interested in superheroes by then
>>
>>85772153
>Have a chance to set a bunch of criminals loose
>don't do it
DAMAGED
>>
>>85773144
>un-patriotic
>nationalist
>>
>>85773411
What was the Flash doing during SS? He's probably the only metahuman other than Superman who could beat her if she went all out. I can't believe Lex is still the only human who knows about the Flash if the Flash is so careless he gets caught on security cameras.
>>
File: 1492137701540.jpg (70KB, 424x424px) Image search: [Google]
1492137701540.jpg
70KB, 424x424px
>>85768588
>>85768925
>>85773365
>>85773411
You don't even need to have films dedicated to the villains themselves. Literally just introduce them in solo super hero flicks, THEN have SS come out years after they've been established as true villains so people can witness their true redemption arcs
>>
>>85773551
I think a lot of that will be answered in Justice League, the trailer alone makes a point that Flash is mostly not a fighter, or has very little "Hero" experience.
>>
>>85773551
He was in Australia fighting The Emu
>>
>>85768588
"This movie was shit because they didn't ask me to be in it and didn't offer to pay me twice it's box office earnings." - Chris Pratt
>>
>>85773308
At this rate we won't have to try again because he's going to be out of office by 2018. Do you know it just came out that he colluded with Fox News to fake the Seth Rich story? Disgusting. I hope Hannity goes to jail too.
>>
>>85773506
THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING MADMAN
>>
>>85773657
Ah, the old war. Bloody battleground that was.
>>
>>85773632
Now they don't have to waste time in the solo super hero flicks setting them up though!
>>
>>85768588
He's got a point, the Suicide Squad characters aren't really established at all, just thrown at you. All the GotG characters had some background before the team-up except for Bald Literal Man.
>>
>>85774202
>Bald Literal Man.
>BLM
Did you do this on purpose?
>>
File: stages-of-grief.png (828KB, 1050x896px) Image search: [Google]
stages-of-grief.png
828KB, 1050x896px
Are we ever going to see the original movie before the reshoots and pop music destroyed it?
>>
>>85774352
I keep hearing that the novelization is based on the original script and so it's completely different. Might be the only thing we'll get since they seem to have no intention of releasing the script.
>>
>>85773883
Do you know, I recently found out that "madman" is considered an ableist slur. I'm surprised, I always saw it as a form of praise.
>>
>>85774508
calling someone 'mad' means they're insane
madman is just an extension of that. In recent years 'the absolute madman' has become a thing that's kind of used as a complement in an ironic way (haha you're so crazy I can't believe you did that)
>>
>>85770229
https://youtu.be/kN_SaHoGwYc
>>
>>85774660
*sigh* He says "hunka hunka." It's meant to be a wacky mispronunciation of "hunk," which he is using to ironically describe Common's character, Booker T. This scene is good because it really shows the depth of Joker's insanity, to the extent that he kills someone simply because they dared to eye his woman. But that's not enough for him. He offers Harley to the gangster so that he can better envision the two of them together, further fueling his cold rage.
>>
I liked the final fight in Suicide Squad. The lighting made for a visually cool battle and while I'm sure it bothers some people how they attacked one at a time, it was aesthetically pleasing and that's what's important in comic books. The choreography was very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K80AYRubOtE
>>
>>85774636
woah, watch out
we got a madman expert here
>>
Completely 100% stupid

Where is the racoon standalone movie? Where is the drax movie? Guardians of the reddit is an ensemble movie that didnt need one movie for each character. So he better than anyone should know his suggestion is stupid.

Did he really want a prequel movie for croc? For slipknot?
>>
I like Pratt but
>They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters

Didn't they do the same thing with the Guardians? The thing with SS is that the characters are expendable except for Boomer, Harley and Deadshot and they only killed one of them
>>
>h-he was funny in the unfunny Parks and Rec so whatever he says is true and i will defend it-
THE THREAD
>>
File: 1488051011521.jpg (64KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
1488051011521.jpg
64KB, 480x330px
>>85770474
>>
>>85770474
>Confirming that she does speak Japanese

There is nothing about that scene that even remotely implies that Harley speaks Japanese.

Your "analysis" is complete bullshit.
>>
>>85775691
I mean Rocket has his own standalone comic so it's not a stretch to imagine he could have a standalone movie. DC's doing it an interesting way with the Justice League, doing their team up movie first and leaving most of their solo movies until after. Which is smart. It's basically the opposite of what Pratt said. You build up interest in the characters with their group movie so that they're popular enough to have a standalone. I guarantee nobody would have cared about a Cyborg movie if they did it first.
>>
>>85775902
Yes and no. No one knew who the fuck the Guardians were until the film, whereas SS everyone knows at least Harley. GoTG only had like five characters as well and one was a fucking talking tree
>>
>>85775941
>i'm mad!
THE POST
>>
>>85772630
>Watches Suicide Squad more than once
>Calls someone else an idoit
>>
>>85776074
>spells idiot wrong
>looks like an idiot
>>
>>85776120
>resorts to attacking innocuous typos since he has no actual counterargument
>>
>>85776157
Shut up, "idoit."
>>
>>85776027
Did no one watch the Teen Titans cartoon?
>>
>>85776219
I'm not even that anon, I'm just calling out a non-argument when I see it
>>
>>85768588
He's right. WB is rushing and it's resulting in shit movies.
>>
>>85776297
And I'm just calling out an "idoit" when I see one.
>>
File: 1472114274732.jpg (114KB, 1204x680px) Image search: [Google]
1472114274732.jpg
114KB, 1204x680px
Daily reminder that Chris Pratt is a pro-hunting Christian man who declined to talk shit about Trump when prodded by journalists. And yet /tv/ calls him reddit.
>>
>>85776120
A typo only takes hitting the wrong keys on the keyboard, or hitting them in the wrong order.
Watching Suicide Squad twice takes much more stupidity than that.
>>
>>85776243
Not the same people who they are catering to with these movies, no. Because to them "cartoons are childish" so they won't have noticed that. But it's a fair point, there's even still a "Teen Titans Go" that's even more popular with the kids and is currently airing. One thing I can say about the original cartoon is that it's so influential that you still have kids going back to see it even though it's like a decade old because they see this hot girl (Raven) and they want to find out more about her. So it does have its power.
>>
>>85776422
You're a plebeian who only understands films on the surface level and you have the unmitigated audacity to try and call someone an idiot. That really says it all about you and your so-called "argument."
>>
>>85776422

a famous movie critic once said something along the lines of "you haven't truly watched a film until you've watched it twice" and I'm inclined to agree. There are a lot of movies I didn't care for until I saw them a second or even third time, jarmusch comes to mind. Inversely there are a lot of movies I really enjoyed the first time but upon subsequent viewings I realized how flawed or hollow it really was.

not using this as a defense for suicide squad, which was a pile of shit, but your infantile preoccupation with the idea of watching a shitty movie twice shows how plen you are
>>
>>85776659
>plen
AHAHA LOOK GUYS HE MADE A TYPO WHAT A RETARD
>>
>>85776659
The Dark Knight for me. Found it immensely overrated the first time, tried again years later and realized it was a masterpiece.
>>
>>85776693
>attack a completely different guy because you're butthurt someone laughed at your typo
>and actually thinks plen is a typo
lol
>>
>>85776421
He sounds like a complete cuck.
>>
>>85776800
>/pol/ hates Chris Pratt
That's how you know he's good.
>>
>>85773843
The fuck's a seth rich?
>>
>>85776659
The thing is, you need to realize which movies are actually worth it to watch a second time and which ones have absolutely no substance and there's no value in re-watching them.
Comparing a Jarmusch film with SS is nonsense, just as stupid as feeling the need to watch that film a second time in order to "get it".
I've rewatched some films several times, but I can identify vapid shit like SS in a single watch. If anybody needs to watch it a second time in order to "get it", he should think twice before calling someone else a pleb or an idiot.
>>
>>85776925
Google it, dipshit.
>>
>>85776937
Really, faggot? Because despite claiming to understand it you somehow managed to completely miss all of the subtle details that >>85770474 mention. Yeah, I'm thinking you aren't high-caliber enough for Suicide Squad. A little too deep for you, so to speak.
>>
>>85776988
I don't give a shit is my point.
You care too much, give it a rest.
>>
>>85777132
It's really fucking ironic that you responded to the post an hour and a half later in some desperate attempt to have the last word and you try to act like you don't care.
>>
>>85777030
Well, it already went from a funny satirical post to boring trolling. I guess next stop is kinoposting and cinegrids.
>>
>>85777241
>can't come up with an argument
>call it trolling
Truly fucking banal.

If you don't want to have a discussion then don't go in the thread.
>>
>>85768829
the joke
>anon's head
>>
Holy fuck this board is actually the worse. We discussed this months ago and agreed it was a good joke.
>>
>>85777207
I was watching a movie. Saw some red on this tab when it ended, thought I check it out. Nothing to it senpai, chill out.
>>
>>85777337
This.

>The Last Starfighter
>Starman
>Guardians of the Galaxy

There's your fucking trilogy, dude.
>>
>>85777407
You done then? Good. Go away. Or tell me what movie you were watching.
>>
>>85777454
>go away

Typical leftard.
Was watching CHiP by the way.
>>
>>85777507
Ugh, it wasn't even worth asking.
>>
>>85775941
Salty pajeet is mad.
>>
File: gallery_3[1].jpg (235KB, 1650x928px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_3[1].jpg
235KB, 1650x928px
>>85777524
Got drunk and looking for something easy to watch.
It was a mistake though, made me fall for KBell all over again. So now I'm gonna watch Bad Moms.

Have a good one Anon.
>>
>>85777636
You too.
>>
>>85776421
Based as fuck.
>>
>>85770474
Oh no no no
>>
>>85778159
You cannot keel me, I subscribe to you on two accounts!
>>
>>85778243
What?
>>
>>85773406
>You reckless moron. Do you have any idea what you're encouraging? You think a 'joke' makes it ok?? ZERO societal awareness and understanding
Based as fuck. I'm proud to have this guy playing Captain America.
>>
>>85778321
OH NO NO NOOOO!
>>
File: b27.gif (968KB, 227x221px) Image search: [Google]
b27.gif
968KB, 227x221px
>>85770474
>>
>>85773144
>Trump
>un-patriotic
there are a lot of criticisms you can level at him but you just went full retard
>>
>>85778360
I'm just imitating a meme black guy but your comment seems like Twitch spam. I'm drunk and have no idea what you're sayin
>>
>>85776576
You're trying to intellectualise lowest common denominator popcorn garbage because you don't have the attention span to sit through anything else
>>
>>85778390
Oh yes, praising Putin because Trump owns property in Russia is soooooooo patriotic. Patriotic to fucking Russia, maybe.
>>
>>85778438
>your comment seems like Twitch spam.
Eh, you're not too far off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgoEOWu_Iko
>>
>>85778448
I've watched more fine cinema than you'll ever see in your life. It's laughable that you treat "intellectualize" like a four-letter word, as if it's some horrible crime for a film to be smart.
>>
>>85770474
She would speak Spanish if anything b/c of the influx of Mexicans and the need to attend to patients who don't speak English
>>
>>85778390
What makes you think trump actually cares about this country?
>>
>>85768588
>"She's got my back. She can cut all of you in half with one sword stroke just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her; her sword traps the souls of its victims."

How could you put this on paper and be allowed to call yourself a writer?
>>
>>85768588
He's shit as Star-Lord
>>
>>85778662
Seems like a good argument
>>
>>85778662
I don't understand why you hate that line so much. You can't even explain why, you just say "UGHHHHH" and that's it?
>>
>>85768588
I have a few qualms with suicide squad... what was the black woman's prison policy? Did she want to wipe out the enchantress? Even in her tiny enchantress cradle?
>>
He's right. Only a true jizz guzzling mongoloid would disagree.
>>
>>85778847
Holy shit Raimi.
>>
>>85778463
Why do you want a war with Russia so hard anyway?
>>
>>85768647
>shitting on Pratt and praising Evans

I didn't even know it was possible to be double retarded
>>
>>85779288
Well, first of all, Russia doesn't have the balls to start an all-out war. And second, their leader has what is basically a totalitarian dictatorship where anyone who speaks out against him is killed, so it's not a country that anyone should willingly ally themselves with.
>>
>>85778390
>being a complete fuck up in every sense of the word
>patriotic

Only in burgerland.
>>
>>85780299
How is that your fucking problem though?
>>
>>85771634
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.
>>
>>85780452
he wants to pay another 3 trillion for yet another fucking war
he want it so much he's willing to give up his healthcare for it
>>
>>85780560
Sorry, what's that? Couldn't hear you over the Senate's failure to repeal Obamacare.
>>
>>85776421
What a fucking corporate douche just like the rest of you consumer idiots
>>
File: IMG_0336.gif (282KB, 284x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.gif
282KB, 284x160px
>>85768588
Kek (*¯艸¯)
>>
>>85780452
Are you saying it's not my right to have a problem who the president of my country chooses to keep company with? They gave us the ability to vote for a reason, because the American people are allowed to speak our mind about what the government does.
>>
Wait, didn't the cast of Suicide Squad get fucking matching tattoos for the movie like a year before it came out? Did they think they just filmed this generations Lord of the Rings or something?

Or was that just marketing and they didn't actually get tattoos? I don't think I've heard any of them mention the tattoos since the film came out. Are there any recent modeling pics of Cara Delevigne where it's visible? That'd be funny as fuck
>>
File: Fedora'd.gif (2MB, 335x237px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora'd.gif
2MB, 335x237px
>>85770474
>>
>>85781512
Suicide Squad won an Oscar and grossed nearly 750 million in the box office alone. I doubt they're too bothered just because some butthurt critics whined about their movie.
http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Suicide-Squad
>>
>>85781512
As for the tattoo story, I looked into that and here's what it was.

http://www.etonline.com/movies/194636_margot_robbie_talks_permanent_tattoos_she_inked_on_her_suicide_squad_co_stars/

>"I'm a grown-a** man," Smith said with a laugh. "Margot comes bounding into work with all of her 24-year-old glory like, 'Guys! Guys! I got a tattoo gun! I got a tattoo gun! We're all getting tattoos!' I was like, 'No, we're not.'"

Just Margot Robbie being crazy as usual. Shoulda cast her as the Joker.
>>
>>85781472
>They gave us the ability to vote

Did they though? Did they really?
Last I heard more people voted for Clinton.
How are you any better than Russia? Why should anyone willingly ally themselves with America?
>>
>>85782046
Oh, I'm not denying we're shit, but that's exactly why I reserve the right to complain about my president until he stops being shit or is ousted from his office.
>>
>>85782086
You being shit goes beyond your president though.
He's supposed to work for you. You sign is fucking paycheck.
>>
>>85782152
Come again? He's done nothing to work for me. He golfs like an asshole.
>>
>>85782341
Maybe you just suck at management then.
>>
>>85782403
You're making no sense and just arguing for the sake of arguing.
>>
>>85768588
THIS IS BANE. HE'S A BIG GUY. HE CAN CRASH YOUR PLANE WITH NO SURVIVORS JUST LIKE PART OF HIS MASTER PLAN. I WOULD ADVISE NOT SHOOTING HIM BEFORE THROWING HIM OUT OF PLANES, HE'S IN CHARGE HERE.
>>
>a character should have a trilogy dedicated to them for you to care about them

I never saw Suicide Squad, and 10 minutes of character building doesn't sound like enough, but you shouldn't need to watch hours of a character to be invested in them.
>>
>>85782454
Here's a clip to show what he was referring to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=583-0mX2n5M

Sorry for the sound mixing, that's part of the movie.
>>
>>85782412
You just cast your vote, and then trust someone else to cast the same vote as you in your name.
Then you basically hire the guy with no real say in the matter anyway, and you keep paying his salary for the next four years when he keeps working against your interests.
And then you're telling me I make no sense. You're so fucked you don't even see it senpai./
>>
>>85775902
>Didn't they do the same thing with the Guardians?
No. I can't even explain what SS did.
>>
>>85782707
That's where your mistaken. I'm not paying his salary. I'm guessing you're not American?
>>
>>85782743
Do you not pay taxes?
>>
>join thread about comic book movies
>retards are arguing about politics
The cancer is real
>>
>>85782876
Correct. My parents do.
>>
>>85782985
>join thread
>join
The fuck?
>>
File: 1501269487460.jpg (385KB, 1000x980px) Image search: [Google]
1501269487460.jpg
385KB, 1000x980px
>>85773106
Sadly though it's not in the way we should talk about it. We should be happy that it came out not disappointed. Seriously, acid didn't even make me enjoy it.

Plus it left out it's best member.

>>85783005
Then shut the fuck up and earn your own keep before you complain about anyone else you fucking loser.
>>
>>85783038
Must be from /v/
>>
>>85783084
You mad?
>>
>>85783005
Then you have no say in how the country is run, really.
>>
>>85783180
Bullshit I don't. I'll say whatever the fuck I want. Freedom of speech.
>>
>>85783302
Fine, you can whine and bitch all you want, but no one gives a shit.
>>
>>85783399
Speak for yourself. Except don't speak. Shut the fuck up, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>85777207
>>85773843
>>85773144
2 scoops, 2 terms, 2 genders
>>
>>85783578
Sorry, what's that? Couldn't hear you over the Senate's failure to repeal Obamacare.
>>
>>85782152
He doesn't take a salary
>>
>>85780354
In your opinion
>>
File: WelllitFearlessAmericanbadger.webm (336KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
WelllitFearlessAmericanbadger.webm
336KB, 400x225px
>>85783578
>>
File: 1475399784469.png (489KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1475399784469.png
489KB, 571x540px
>>85768588
>They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters, rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters.”
They did exactly this in GOTG though.

Suicide Squad is shit for a million reasons other than that.
>>
>>85783739
Yes we all know McCain is a snake
>>
File: V1CAW8b.jpg (58KB, 621x749px) Image search: [Google]
V1CAW8b.jpg
58KB, 621x749px
>>85783789
McCain is a hero. Let's list all the wars Donald Trump has served in:

Oops, we're done.

The upcoming film is gonna be good. Check out this script.
>>
>>85783853
McCain is a songbird. So happy he never became president.
>>
>>85783987
>songbird
You probably thought this was common slang but nobody knows what the fuck you mean.
>>
I really hope Joker freed the other criminals at the end when he went to free Harley.

It would be so stupid and un-Jokerlike if he breaks in just to leave them all there.
>>
>>85782454
That's the thing though, both GotG and Suicide Squad build the characters through the action instead of taking a bunch of time to build them beforehand. I genuinely don't get this criticism, this kind of thing happens all the time, not just in comic book movies. It's very much possible to develop a character over the course of the plot, even in a team-up film.
>>
>>85776421
Best Chris
>>
File: 1495764916889.jpg (324KB, 720x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1495764916889.jpg
324KB, 720x1066px
>>85768588
He's mostly right, except for the part about needing a trilogy for each character of course. I'm amazed that everyone thinks a cinematic universe is needed for literally everything these days. When the MCU first started it was kinda cool since it had never been done before on that scale, but now it's collapsing under its own weight.
>>
>>85768647
Wtf? All the Chris's are good.
>>
He's not wrong. The biggesr problem with SS is they had so many characters. Reminder that the 3+ characters of the main cast literally do NOTHING. It was an enjoyable movie, but having 1000+ people given screentime is a fucking retarded idea.
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.