[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twin Peaks Season 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: twin_peaks.png (200KB, 780x530px) Image search: [Google]
twin_peaks.png
200KB, 780x530px
For some reason I think we're going to get a bad ending. Coop isn't coming back, and Bad Coop is going to win.
>>
>>85759916
Lynch's movies always have happy endings. Twin Peaks would have had a satisfying end the first time around if it hadn't gotten canceled.
>>
>>85760012
Oh I don't know, Mullholand Drive wasn't very happy.
>>
maybe he's just fucking with all of us, the turnip scene got me suspicious
>>
>>85761533

The last episode had a lot of tongue in cheek moments that were obviously playing with viewers who are frustrated with the slow pace.
>>
>>85762194
I've actually started skipping the Jacoby scenes and I couldn't make it through the whole Audrey scene either. I can't entirely blame Lynch though. Showtime demanded like twice as many episodes as he initially planned to put out, and if his way of working around that is to give us tons of deliberately slow paced teasing scenes that give us kino like Dougie's adventures, mopping scene, and Gordon's French chick, then I can't complain if sometimes it doesn't quite work.
>>
>>85762306

No man, the other way around, Showtime gave him 9 episodes and he insisted on 18.

The slow scenes are obviously a deliberate choice. Parts of the show are clearly meant to be frustrating, the question is if it's all gonna be worth it by the end.
>>
>>85762514
Damn, I always thought it was Showtime that ordered more episodes. That's fine though, the show is still great. Even in probably the weakest episode as a whole we got some really amazing Sarah Palmer material
>>
>>85762514
>the question is if it's all gonna be worth it by the end
Of course it isn't. The only 10/10 episode so far was Part 8, and that was more of a short horror film than an episode of Twin Peaks.
Twin Peaks should have been left with that spooky cliffhanger tbqh
>>
>>85762306
>>85762514
>it's a "David Lynch is just like me, but instead of trolling le normies on the internet, he does it on film" episode
>>
>>85763533

I don't think he's trolling, I think he's playing with the expectations associated with an episodically released show and creating a sense of tension by progressing the plot in a deliberately irregular fashion so that you can never be too sure how much of the overarching mystery will be revealed in an episode.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.