[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie is fucking amazing. Ethan Hawke is our guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: gat.jpg (265KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gat.jpg
265KB, 800x1200px
This movie is fucking amazing. Ethan Hawke is our guy
>>
>>85740685
It is.
Morrow themes are perfect.
>>
BPS pls
>>
>>85740685
Really good movie, one of those ones that the new generation will probably never see
>>
>>85740685
>Vincent, ecstatic with the successful launch and the prospect of roaming a sea of stars, suffers a cardiac arrhythmia and dies immediately, sending the ship careening back to Earth and burning up on reentry

Depressing desu
>>
Did Ethan peak in 97 with Gattaca or in 01 with Training Day?
>>
I've seen plenty of movies where people commit suicide.
Never seen one where the guy literally burns himself to death in a furnace while conscious. Possibly the most metal way to go out.
>>
>>85740761
I remember seeing this as an end of year movie in AP Bio

Too bad I was too busy fucking the girl next to me to notice or care
>>
>>85740685
This movie portrays Eugenics like its "evil" when its not.

>>85740869
Same story, sadly no girl fucking.
>>
>>85740685
Knew it was kino first time I watched it.
I feel like it is underrated, somehow. I don't remember properly, but I think it was a box office flop. sad.
At least they didn't make a sequel. I'm glad for that.
>>
Everything Andrew Niccol touches is kino.
>>
>>85740947
I don't think so. Everyone in the universe goes along with the whole idea of eugenics, the story is just about those unfortunate enough to get left behind.
>>
File: The-Host-Movie-Poster-Large.jpg (273KB, 900x1333px) Image search: [Google]
The-Host-Movie-Poster-Large.jpg
273KB, 900x1333px
>>85743501
I wish this were true. He definitely peaked with gattaca.
>>
Evolution and eugenics are not the same thing
>>
File: 1398900781145.jpg (41KB, 305x331px) Image search: [Google]
1398900781145.jpg
41KB, 305x331px
I could get on board if it was a job that wasn't so exceptionally dangerous. The entry process isn't hard just to keep the (((((invalid))))) man down, it's because if you aren't at peak physical and mental condition you risk getting a lot of people killed, destroying billions of dollars worth of equipment and basically setting humanity back years in terms of technical progress.
I can sympathize with the guy but ultimately he's a selfish asshole who would put others in danger because 'I really really really want to go to space though ;('
>>
>>85743718
This.

You might think a heart problem would be a severe hindrance what with the incredible Gs you feel exiting and entering a planetary atmosphere.
>>
>>85743718
Yeah I mean, even now that we don't have genetical engineering, we wont set a man with a cardiac problem in space.
Hell we dont allow people with flat feet or asthma to get into the army.
>>
>>85740800
Shit meme.
>>
>>85740685
nope, youre our guy op
>>
>>85740947
Its not about it being evil, its about society thinking its ALL genetics.

We have a man crushed by the weight of his own perfect genetics (got fucked purely because of his crashing and burning because he couldn't handle winning silver) and a man with ambition denied it purely because of his sub par genetics.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.