[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /didn't like it/ here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
who /didn't like it/ here
>>
>americans
>>
>>85733882
Mixed feelings here.

Pros
>practical effects
>cinematography
>minimal dialogue
>all white/male cast

Cons
>rushed and short
>no narrative flow, just disconnected scenes that happen one after the other
>the few lines of dialogue are terrible, Nolan and his brother can't write for shit
>soundtrack is terrible
>uneventful in general
>>
Convince me I'm wrong.

Didn't like how the movie's plotline was in anachronic order. I like a good amount of movies with this style and it could have easily worked in Dunkirk's favor but Nolan went about it really sloppily and disconnected.

Dunkirk is about as far as you can get from a character drama. The setting is the main character and the characters are just part of the backdrop. Once again, I don't think this is necessarily a bad way of going about directing a movie, I love non-traditional story telling forms, but the way Dunkirk handled the characters (that is: bland and unmemorable) annoyed me. I would have felt the tension all the scenes tried to build if I cared for any of these characters at all.

Nolan doesn't seem to understand that silence itself is a noise. There's so many loud and headache-inducing noises. It is okay in small dosages, but the soundtrack never stops. I don't mind the planes and gunshots being loud and terrifying, but what the fuck is up with all these Hans Zimmer BOOMS.
>>
It's the ultimate pleb filter
>>
>>85734275
this pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

Also, out of everything in the film, George made me the most emotional.

Also, the only actor from it who deserves any recognition come award season is probably Mark Rylance.
>>
>>85733882
Tell that to George's cracked skull.
>>
>>85734926
>>85735096
It's ironic how George's side story was better than everything else considering how meaningless that subplot really was. Like, if you got rid of George altogether, the movie wouldn't have changed at all.
>>
Hans Zimmer was in deadly form though you have to admit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlXjP59jZCM
>>
>>85733882
what i dont get, is how a board of pedo basement dwelling autists has enough money to keep seeing all these movies so soon after release
>>
File: 1499796044668.jpg (54KB, 498x373px) Image search: [Google]
1499796044668.jpg
54KB, 498x373px
I really enjoyed it, I caught Baby Driver and Dunkirk last weekend, haven't had such a good time at the megaplex in years. I did have a little issue understanding some of the back and fourth, maybe it's the fact that I'm from Texas and don't hear that kind of "English" often, mostly Spanish.

I only wish I had sprung for directors suite, imax was super intense tough.
>>
I would have liked it better if it had fucking subtitles.
>>
>>85735208
Saw it in IMAX yesterday at my local theater for $10 at the noon show. Snuck in some food and drinks.
>>
>>85735188
I'm completely addicted to the OST right now
>>
>>85733882
>>85734275
>>85734926

i have mixed feelings about it as well, you guys both sum it up pretty well. thought the writing was really bad, movie did not flow well (and no i did not find it confusing i understood the seperate but related events being cut between each other)

i saw it in imax even, however it was very noticeable when the camera changed because the aspect ratio changed, muh immersion was broken. i didn't think imax benefitted it at all, normal theater for much cheaper would have been better. the film was loud as all fuck too, i was hearing eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM and BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT BRRRRRRRT all fucking night long lmao

it felt really underwhelming as a whole, rushed and no real development, nothing spectacular. no performance that truly stood out to me. it was entertaining but pretty weak all around. 5.5/10

although the visuals were pretty good

i want to like it but it was just eh, pretty forgetable
>>
>‘Dunkirk’: A Historian Reveals What Christopher Nolan Got Right, and It’s Almost Everything

>The French might be miffed, but World War II expert Michael Korda was very impressed with "Dunkirk" — and he didn't much care for "Saving Private Ryan."
>>
File: 12145455698.png (345KB, 777x613px) Image search: [Google]
12145455698.png
345KB, 777x613px
>>85735977
>>
>>85735977
>world war II expert
>knowing anything about film
yeah he got it right ON PAPER numbnuts
>>
>>85734275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
spoken like a true pleb
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.