[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone actually prefer the Amazing series to the Raimi films?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2625.jpg (17KB, 295x171px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2625.jpg
17KB, 295x171px
Does anyone actually prefer the Amazing series to the Raimi films?
>>
>>85728925
I do. Having an autistic peter parker who jizzes out of his wrists never made sense. I'll take a hipster sk8r boi peter any day.
>>
ASM1 is flawed but at least somewhat tolerable. ASM2 is hot garbage.
>>
>>85728973
whats the fucking point of having super powers if you have to make your own web slingers?
>>
>>85728925
90% of women under 25
>>
>>85729028
you're a retard.
>>
>>85729028
tha'ts not the reason jim cam made the organic shootans, it was part of his coming of age allegory
>>
>>85729084
Face it - mechanical web shooters was always kind of stupid.
>>
>>85728925
Yes. Similar to >>85728973 but Peter having organic web shooters never bothered me and honestly I find it more sensible. But overall I really didn't like Tobey Maguire as Peter. He didn't come across as socially awkward, more like socially retarded, and that's not Peter. His stupid goofy facial expressions really just make it hard to take him seriously as a hero.

ASM wasn't perfect but Garfield's take on Peter was much better. He could be awkward, he could be witty, but he also got down the anger and biting element to his humor that was in the original version of the character. Tom Holland doesn't have that either, he's more in line with the Tobey Maguire version.
>>
>>85728925
I liked the ASM movies cause they were kinda dark, a lot of death of characters in both movies.

I haven't seen the new one yet but I doubt there will even be any killing there, yet in ASM 2 they fooking killed Gwen right away.
>>
>>85729958
By "right away" do you mean "at the end?"

I waited forever to see Gwen's death done in a good adaptation and they fucking blew it. It was awful, which was even more disappointing because emma stone as gwen was one of the best things about those movies.
>>
>>85730024
>By "right away" do you mean "at the end?"

I meant right away as it was only the 2nd movie. Never expected them to kill a so well known character so early in the series. I guess even they realized they done fucked up and canceled the series.

Even tho they were doing great in box office as I remember.
>>
>>85729137
only a retard would say that. Mechanical shooters makes sense because it adds to his character. Organic ones don't even make sense a multiple levels. Spiders don't shoot web, and they definitely don't shoot it out of their feet, so why would he? It's retarded and one of the dumbest things raimi did.
>>
File: IMG_0139.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0139.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>85728925

Bunch of faggots in this thread
>>
>>85730103
Name 3 popular contemporary superhero series with more than three movies. They knew it was the second of three movies so they made it the dark one.
>>
>>85728925
its not like they were bad
>>
I think the Peter Parker stuff is better, the Spiderman stuff is worse.
>>
>>85730383
A guy getting bitten by a fucking spider and getting spider powers doesn't make sense on multiple levels either you stupid faggot
>>
>>85730943
I dunno man Sony was hyped with it maybe they would have broken the 3 movies rule.

They were also cooking up the Venom and SS spin offs but yeah it all went into the trash.
>>
tobey mcguire best spiderman
>>
>>85730024
That scene made me cry the first time I saw it man
I thought it was a great scene
>>
>>85728925
Rami's Spiderman 1 and 2 were fine. They had some great characters and funny moments (JJJ). The villains were great. His built-in web shooters were dumb as hell. And SM3 was a dumpster fire.

I liked ASM1. I hated Jamie Foxx's character in ASM2. Rami's first two movies weren't bad but I prefer ASM1 to SM1.
>>
Mechanical web shooters are just a tension generator for the comics. "Oh no I'm low on web" "oh no, they're malfunctioning", etc. Don't go organic web and then invent some "I can't shot web because I'm sad" storyline just to get the same effect as a shooter malfunction.
>>
>>85731030
great argument retard.
>>
>>85731227
It's not the same effect at all. One is just a contrived excuse to throw problems at Peter, the other is specifically a means of exploring the character.
>>
>>85731475
>One is just a contrived excuse to throw problems at Peter, the other is specifically a means of exploring the character.
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is some DCuck level "BvS is actually a good movie if you understand the influences" of retardedness. They're both the exact same thing only one makes sense and the other is retarded. Organic web shooters will always be retarded. Having them fail because he's being a faggot, is retarded.
>>
OT Spiderman trilogy was the best set of Spiderman movies we're going to get in our lifetimes, even if the third went full retard.
>>
Parkers depression affecting his web powrs was a great use of thw organic shooters, in sm1 he just geta them as amutation and then its just therw but that part in sm2 was a master stroke and it wasnt even raimis creation
>>
File: IMG_6296.jpg (52KB, 500x623px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6296.jpg
52KB, 500x623px
>>85728925
I have a friend who actually reads comics and says that he like those movies more because they're "more comic accurate"

I look at how garbage these 2 movies were and I think I thats why I never wasted my time getting into comics if those movies are actually faithful
>>
>>85729028
Read the comic idiot
>>
>>85730383
I prefer mechanical, but I completely get why they changed it. It saves a little bit of time in the story, and it is kind of a stretch to buy that a teenager, even a smart one, who lives with his unemployed, broke ass guardians has the resources and know-how to put together a functional gadget that seems like something out of a spy movie.
>>
>>85732181
>I can cool my autism about this but when it comes to THAT, it's just not cool
>>
>>85732251
Half this thread is /co/ cooling their autism for a dude who dresses in red to fight bad guys and gets super sense from a spider bite but somehow silly streamer from his wrist is too much
>>
This is the definitive ranking:
SM2 > SM1 > SM3 > ASM2 > ASM1
Haven't seen homecoming yet
>>
The Amazing Spiderman movies are better than Homecoming, not even shitting you.
>>
>>85732251
>I'm sour that a small detail was changed and the movie worked just fine without it, but it is you who are autistic.
>>
>>85730383
>Spiders don't shoot web
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlRkwuAcUd4
>>
>>85732883
factually incorrect.
>>
>>85729028
What's the point of powers if you have autism?
>>
>>85732824
patrician
>>
>>85728925
I liked where they were headed with Garfield's Spider-Man. He felt more snarky and sarcastic, but Garfield needed to dial that back more as Pete.

Tugboat's still the best Pete.
>>
File: c2d.jpg (36KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
c2d.jpg
36KB, 663x579px
>>85731129
Please be joking. I laughed when I saw the web-hand and then laughed harder when I realised they were gonna kill her with this shitstain of a scene.
>>
>>85732824
Real ranking (complete with Homecoming):
SM2 > SM1 > BAKA > SM3 > ASM1 > ASM2
>>
File: High.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
High.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>85734665
>BAKA
Goddamn wordfilters. I mean SM:H.
>>
Anyone that does is a massive faggot.
>>
>>85734665
this is objective
>>
>>85729028
IronMan and Batman have tech as well as their super-powers. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>85734792
Both Iron-Man and Batman don't have powers retard.
>>
SM2 > SM1 > ASM > ASM2 > SM3 > Homecoming
>>
Well isn't that the question of the day?
>>
>>85734730
What the fuck I didn't even know they filtered s.m.h
must be a newer filter or not on the other baords
>>
I think the Raimi Films did a better job of adapting the Silver age of comics than TASM did at adapting the Ultimate comics.

Also, it felt like they wanted the Hunger games audience.
>>
>>85731591
It's a metaphor for sexual impotency you dweeb
>>
>>85734665
>BAKA
Off by one almost Satan
>>
>>85731591
you are an actual fucking retard
>>
>>85734792
what? their tech are their only powers
>>
>>85735564
>>85736456
>literal retards who can't read
>>
>>85728925
So does his body produce the silk, and he just makes the shooters?
>>
>>85728925
Ben was GOAT.
>>
>>85731591
You absolute mongoloid.
>>
>>85728925
I don't think you can compare the two because one is a completed trilogy and the other will never get a conclusion.
>>
>>85728973
This. Whenever I think of Raimi fans I always see fat reddit assholes like Movie Bob who swear by le meme director and his Evil Dead bullshit. Fuck off already.
>>
>>85728925
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxwG0vyWsWk
>>
>>85728925
chad parker was awful
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.