[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did they mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 47

File: wdtmbt.jpg (260KB, 631x670px) Image search: [Google]
wdtmbt.jpg
260KB, 631x670px
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>85723116
they are different places
>>
>>85723523
KID my shed is bigger than highgarden
>>
>>85723694
big cuckshed
>>
>>85723823
>:(
>>
File: Bear-island-02.jpg (112KB, 1360x655px) Image search: [Google]
Bear-island-02.jpg
112KB, 1360x655px
Name a comfier seat than Bear Island
>>
>>85723116
Highgarden is the seat of the reach and is better for defense

only reason house tyrell got BTFO was because their vassals abandoned them and there was no real commander to lead their army

also they didnt expect the lannister army
>>
>>85724547

10/10 would feast
>>
File: 1497496375778.jpg (42KB, 842x474px) Image search: [Google]
1497496375778.jpg
42KB, 842x474px
i kinda gave up on paying any attention to the show with how bad it has gotten, why exactly did the tyrell's get destroyed so hard? highgarden is the SEAT of the their power, i know it was a "surprise" attack but could nobody really notice the incoming army miles off and muster any troops?

for the most economically powerful and well fed kingdom as of right now, they got assblasted by literally maybe 800 lannisters? 900? they didn't even have any cavalry that i could see, or at least not enough to make a difference - no siege weaponry, nothing, it's like they just strolled dozens of miles to highgarden in a single afternoon and just took the castle with no fight

SHIT SHOW
>>
>>85724824
>they got assblasted by literally maybe 800 lannisters? 900?

It was estimated to be somewhere around 4000 to 5000 troops on screen.
>>
>>85724824
They spent all of this season's budget on the dragonb owl so they couldn't bother depicting the Lannister army as it should have been shown. As indicated by >>85724884
>>
Casterly Rock was worse. It didn't even match how it is depicted earlier in the show. I just want the fucking thing to end soon so they can't fuck it up any further:
>>
>>85723116
>1 is shitty rule of cool pseudoroman meme shit
>the other is realistic
>>
>>85724824
>>House Tyrell
>>Wealthiest House
>>Probably the most pissed off house after the destruction of the Sept by Cercei
>>Army 404's

>>House Lannister
>>Broke
>>Been fighting a nigh continuous war in the Riverlands for several years now
>>Somehow conjures up a massive, well-equiped, freshly rested army and ninja's up on the castle with almost no resistance
>>
>>85724884
>>85724992

god damn it really didn't look like much to me, makes more sense now but there is still the issue of siege engines and troop variety, wish they covered the battle at least with a quick montage or SOMETHING other than just "lol heres an army... aaannd they won xD"
>>
>>85725132
>depicted earlier

What crack are you smoking. We've literally never seen the rock until last nights episode.
>>
>>85725181
The Lannisters had the Tyrell bannermen on their side. Pay attention you cuck
>>
File: 1489253222405.jpg (18KB, 304x293px) Image search: [Google]
1489253222405.jpg
18KB, 304x293px
>>85725781
That just makes it even more retarded
>>
>>85725181
I don't even try to bring logic into this anymore, that ship has sailed after last season. Cersei should be like one of those pretend roman emperors that had nothing but the city forces on their side, but since D & D love their cartoon villains they had to make her OP.
>>
>>85725943
How so?
>>
There's no consistency with the size of the army. We're being told the Lannisters have ~10k men now, yet had six times that number at the outset of TWotFK? Are we honestly supposed to believe the Lannisters have lost 50k men as casualties or due to attrition? That's an atrociously managed army if it is the case.
>>
>>85725181
THEY KNOW THE LAND BETTER THAN THE OWNERS OF THE LAND EVER WILL
DABID
>>
Bets on which dragon will bite the dust first
>>
>>85725943
That happened forever ago nigger
Sam's da and Jaime had a nice little chat
Then he cucked her
The Tyrells were also amazingly bad at actual battle, as indicated by Olenna and Jaime's dialogue
Lrn2payattn
>>
File: 1290480752773.jpg (22KB, 272x245px) Image search: [Google]
1290480752773.jpg
22KB, 272x245px
>>85724824

>implyig DandD give a single flying fucking about medieval warfare, or realpolitik, or interesting characters, or compelling story lines, or anything that made the initial seasons good instead of doing anything to please the hordes of middle class urban 20 something basic bitch normie fans with cheap "YOU GO GIRL!" moments
>>
>>85723116
It's just a model.
>>
File: 1478532284464.gif (396KB, 350x434px) Image search: [Google]
1478532284464.gif
396KB, 350x434px
>>85726363
>destroy centre of religion and head of religion for most of your land
>sudden influx of recruits
>>
File: hur.png (132KB, 243x277px) Image search: [Google]
hur.png
132KB, 243x277px
>>85726363
>Fight for the targaryns even though the king was mad and they were losing
>Tarly is loyal to the end
>Suddenly decides to join the lannisters

makes perfect sense
>>
>>85726614

The Stormlands had 100k plus that have all vanished.

By comparison during Earths medieval era, a losing side would lose 2-10% of its army.
>>
>>85724824
There's no such thing as good military strategy in movies. Had it been real life there'd have been spies in the military who'd have known about it and sentries miles out who'd be able to send up smoke signals or whatnot.

They basically left the door open and bent over barrels.
>>
For a big name house that is warden of the north, the Stark family lives in a tiny castle.
>>
>>85728012
Randyll doesn't want to side with the people who brings raping Dothrakis to his shores. What of it? Everyone has their limits
>>
File: just.png (579KB, 476x526px) Image search: [Google]
just.png
579KB, 476x526px
>>85728526
So the rehashed northern plot where loyal men join the other side because of some wild men. Bravo
>>
>>85728526
But destroying Westeros' Vatican is fine lol
>>
>>85723116
Lots of cgi Coming up goy undead giants and bears aren't cheap.
>>
>>85724547
Looks like Skyrim
>>
>>85728406
Northerners are literally shit farmer tier
>>
>>85728707
It isn't public knowledge that the Lannisters were responsible for that.
>>
>>85728707
It was a tragic accident
>>
File: 1439179011636.jpg (158KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
1439179011636.jpg
158KB, 800x451px
>>85724547
>mfw the impoverished seat of a relatively minor northern house looks better than the seat of the richest paramount house in the land
>>
>>85726816
Apparently morals work a little weirdly in the Reach than in the North. Your sworn lord, his daughter (the Queen) and his beloved son can get blown up by the queen mum in a violent mix of terrorism and sacrilege, and you can just shrug that shit off, especially when that queen mum is staring down a dothraki horde, an army of the most famous cockless killing machines and THREE FUCKING DRAGONS.

But oh well. Lannisters seem cool.
>>
File: 1465858991990.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1465858991990.gif
2MB, 356x200px
>her excuse for losing was literally "we didn't know how to fight"

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
>>
>>85724824
I figured its sort of like the Karstark situation with Robb.
Im assuming theres really only 2 or three lordships in the reach worth a damn, Tyrells and Tarlys. The Tarlys had Randall, the only competent military commander in all of the reach apparently, so most of the other bannerman likely sided with him over Ollenna without much of a fuss leaving only a portion of the Tyrell army to contend with at least 3/4 of the Reach and the Lannister army.
Ollenna talks a lot of shit but she clearly was an incompetent ruler if she squandered her massive economic advantages she had over literally everyon eelse.
>>
>>85726727
Viserion will be the only dragon to die
>>
>>85729046
The vale,twins, whatever castle the blackfish was at, all look nice. The wall also has nicer castles that no one even lives in.
>>
why didn't james just use the few minutes of painless life that old bag had left to torture her? if i was him, as soon as she mentioned that she killed my son i would have pulled my dagger and just cut up her eyes and face real bad
>>
File: 1498444368429.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498444368429.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
>commit countless atrocities
>murder anyone on a whim
>BLOW UP THE HOLIEST CATHEDRAL ON THE CONTINENT, KILLING THE QUEEN, A BUNCH OF NOBLES, COUNTLESS CLERGYMEN AND A POWERFUL RELIGIOUS LEADER WITH ALMOST THE ENTIRE CITY ON HIS SIDE
>all the people, nobles, and soldiers just go along with it and Cersei is the queen now lmao
>dude, lmao, just betray your liege lord for "the crown", Olenna is broken and rebelling for no reason
>dude
>nobody notices an army marching across the Reach lmao
>lmao the Tyrells are completely undone when some Lannisters walk up to Highgarden which is now a tiny, unremarkable fort that looks like it could garrison a few dozen guys at most
>dude lmao
>>
>>85729310

Well most of her army joined with Tarly/Jamie.

Her personal troops hadnt ever fought before.
>>
>Fortress in the bread basket of Westeros rolls over against an opponent with ZERO siege capabilities in about fifteen minutes
Also, how is it that no one at Casterley Rock ever remarked on the conspicuous manhole cover right in the middle of the hallway?
>>
>"im still alive because i never listened to MEN"

>gets btfo by men
>>
>>85724547
Your mom's asshole
>>
Explain to me how the FUCK long-distance travel works in GoT.

It used to be that it took forever to travel from one kingdom to another, whether by foot or by ship or horse. But especially since the last season, they've gone full fucking retard. The epitome of what I'm talking about is stuff like how in the last episode, Jon Snow apparently magically transported instantly from the North to Dany's castle. And apparently he was able to do this so quickly that he arrived BEFORE Dany even heard word about her fleet getting BTFO by the Iron Fleet.

I get that they're trying to pick up the pace and finish things up, but goddamn this is rustling my autism. You can do this without dumbing it down to full-retard levels.
>>
>>85728182
>The Stormlands had 100k plus that have all vanished.
that was Reach+Renlys Stormlanders
>>
>>85723823
op btfo

kys faggot
>>
>>85729635
>conspicuous manhole cover right in the middle of the hallway?
They were used to pouring shit down it, not expecting shit to pop up out of it
>>
>>85726614
>We're being told the Lannisters have ~10k men now,
When?
>>
File: kinogot.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
kinogot.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
remember when Castle - Shots used to look like this?
>>
>remember when all the freys got mysteriously murdered last week?
>lol who?
>>
series went to shit a while ago
they threw logistics out the window , you praised it back then, you are only now realizing hte pleb shit you were praising is actually shit

1-3 were during prime of series, 4-6 was shit
>>
>>85729837
>Wow, they were all poisoned to death by a master assassin who is yet to be apprehended and has a grudge against the architects of the Red Wedding
>Oh well
>*drinks wine*
>>
>>85729803
Remember when the show used to be good?
>sigh
>>
>>85729715
it's been like this forever though (but i agree its gotten worse / more obvious over the seasons), the timeline has always been all over the place, especially with Littlefinger teleportng around Westeros. Before they used to have a couple of "traveling" plotlines, while certain other characters would move around super fast. It''s always been messy, right from season 1.

But yeah again it's way, way more obvious when you have entire armadas and what not appearing out of no where. I also remember the Sansa coming back to westeros and killing mr frey during like one episode felt really rushed.
>>
>>85729837
>>85729945
Can't wait until she randomly shows up again to deus ex machina her next victim. Jesus Christ this show is complete shit, I wish I could just give up but I know that fat fuck is going to die before he finishes the books
>>
>>85730148
>tfw don't even care about the show at this point but still watch it just so i can shitpost and browse /tv/ without having to avoid spoilers
>>
>>85730145
Yeah, that's what I mean. There's always been bits and pieces of it, but it's gotten exponentially worse since last season (the frey thing is another good example)

The pacing has just been dogshit all around. How many seasons did we have Dany wandering around doing fuck-all in Essos? How many seasons did we have Ramsey and Theon doing nothing? How many seasons of Jon Snow wandering around with Wildlings?

The biggest problem with GoT overall is that the only episodes that seem to matter are the opening of the season and then the climax during the last 1-2 episodes of the season. They space it out for "big" things to happen at these points, and then the rest of each season is just filler, more or less. I can't stand it, but I still keep watching this shit anyway.

Fuck, I should've stopped watched after season 2.
>>
>>85730288

Exactly. It's the same way I felt with Dexter. Last good season was the fourth, but I kept watching all the way through just to shitpost on /tv/ and because I had already invested time into it, and I kept hoping that each season would be an improvement, just for it to be even worse than the last one.
>>
they should add some more factions to spice things up, its all getting a bit stale now

how about a huge army of summer islanders show up?
>>
>>85730403
I actually gave up on Dexter halfway through the Lumen season, I guess I'm just Stockholm syndrome'd into game of thrones as much as I hate to admit it
>>
>>85729578
It was a tragic accident.
>>
>>85730469
You made the smart choice, because that was the time to bail. It only got worse and worse from there.

The issue is that each season would start off strong, so you'd think "oh wow, this seems to be setting up something good" and then a few episodes in you'd slowly start to realize it was even worse than the last time. Total "sonic cycle" syndrome.
>>
>>85730358
Remember that entire season where arya sold seafood and what's his name was needlessly cryptic and then nothing at all came of it, but then it kind of did because arya later became a badass assassin after surviving getting stabbed in the gut and falling into a river but then got healed by soup?
>>
>>85730047
2011-12
>>
>>85729578
im telling you
the hound + arya is the best writing/ best acted characters

just ignore the rest, hound + arya will be god tier
>>
>>85725181
Honestly this. I don't care about "muh Tarley alliances". House Tyrell is one of the most powerful houses in Westeros. They managed to stay out of most of the War of the five kings, kept their reputation and honor and is a well respected and overall strong house. Meanwhile the lannisters has been in constant fights, are broke, in dept, fought countlass wars, dragged their name through the mud and fucking blew up the sept with the heir of highgarden and beloved queen margery in there. Along with dozen other importan political figures.

i just do not believe that shit would pass, even with the commonfolk. House Tyrell would call theirs banners and they would answer without hesitating for one fucing second and King's landing would be under sieg "within a fortnight".

what made Robb's demise so great was that you could actually track the evidence when you rewatched episodes and see all the shit he did wrong, it should be the same for Cersei and the Lannisters by now.
>>
They should have started the show in 2015. That way they'd probably have TWoW out in time for the show catching up to that point. This would improve the writing and dialogue, which the kikes running the show are woefully shit at.

They'd also be compelled to find an actress other than Emilia Clarke to play Dany. As bangable as she is, she's just really not that good an actor. Some other cast would change, but that doesn't bother me. None of the actors have been standouts with the exceptions of Davos, Sansa, Olenna, Tywin and Joffrey.

The last two seasons have been somewhat salvaged by having one or two belter episodes to make up for shit seasons, but it won't cut it this time.

The obsession with comic-bookish girl power bullshit seriously drains me now. You can have, and there have been, strong female characters without reducing them to the Sand Snakes level, or having lame ass lines like the shit Olenna told Dany last episode. We know GRRM has feminist tendencies, but he also seems to respect the fact that in a medieval-inspired setting there's a certain limit to how much power females can have.

I'll still keep watching though, as others have said there's absolutely no chance the fat fuck is gonna finish it before his arteries seal shut. Does he put fucking butter on every meal or something?
>>
>>85728966

was going to post this
>>
>>85723116
flip your brain to the off position bro
>>
>>85730820
Honestly, just stop watching this trash.
>>
>>85729715
You're forgetting how Arya managed to cross the narrow sea and somehow make it to the Tully's castle in 2 episodes.
>>
>>85730909
Frey* whoops
>>
I hope the white walkers kill everyone.
>>
>>85731148
This.

End this garbage feminist fan fiction.
>>
>>85730701
Perfect example. All that time going to Bravos, doing fuck-all, finally becoming an "assassin"

And all for what? Just to go teleport back to the Frey's castle (where she had already been right after the red wedding) and poison them by using a mask. Was there seriously no better fucking way of coming up with a way for Arya to kill the Freys without all that horseshit?
>>
>>85730358
its pretty much a high budget soap opera by this point
>>
>>85730820
>The obsession with comic-bookish girl power bullshit seriously drains me now. You can have, and there have been, strong female characters without reducing them to the Sand Snakes level, or having lame ass lines like the shit Olenna told Dany last episode.

This stuff started becoming painfully obvious starting with last season, where the writing with off the rails of GRRM's books and the (((writers))) were free to do their own nonsense.

ffs, last season might as well have been an extended Hillary Clinton Advertisement. "Isn't it time for a strong woman to lead?"
>>
>>85731242
Which is why I say I should've stopped watching after season 2 (hindsight being 20/20 and all)

The thing about being a soap opera is that it only works if you care about the characters. Except the problem is they killed off all the good characters long ago, and we're just stuck with the leftovers. I'm in too deep, and while I don't give a fuck about any of the characters still around, here I am still just watching to see how it eventually ends.
>>
>>85731423
>still just watching to see how it eventually ends
I'm holding out hope the knight king stabs the last dragon in the face, straps on some skates and the world just devolves into an undead beer league hockey tournament
>>
>>85731500
That would be ideal, although I'll just take ANYTHING so long as it involves Dany getting BTFO out like the cuntish mary sue she is.

At this point, I'm not longer being fueled by a fondness for any characters. Rather, the only thing keeping me going is that I hate all these shitstains and want to see them die.
>>
>>85731574
2bh i'd accept jon being the sadsack mumblecore king of everything
>>
>>85724824
Dumb & Dumber are really asking too much these days.

>turn your brain off bro
>warp your brain off bro
>stop thought from fucking existing in your head bro

Jesus Christ there's only so much you can ignore. I don't know why the fuck I keep watching this shit anyway, probably because you just want to get it over with already.
>>
>>85731148
The white walkers seem like a purifying force right now. There is nothing worthwhile in Westeros, just annoying cunts and petty revenge.
>>
>>85731423
>I'm in too deep
Just pull out. I haven't watched for a few seasons, and it feels great.
>>
File: 1480096198018.jpg (53KB, 510x370px) Image search: [Google]
1480096198018.jpg
53KB, 510x370px
>>85731810
Yet here you are
>>
File: Mr justice.png (731KB, 1152x651px) Image search: [Google]
Mr justice.png
731KB, 1152x651px
>>85725181
>Tarly's randomly betray the reach because jamie had a 2 minute conversation with one guy
>All the bannermen want to get in on some treason
>The lannisters also had red uniforms made for the reach bannermen in like a week
>Nobody in Highgarden noticed the mass desertions

Nothing about this entire plot makes sense other then to kill off a faction because normies find thinking about more then 3 factions to hard.

Also given the fact the lannisters had no men or money when this season started why didn't House Tyrell just march on Kings landing solo seeing as how they had the biggest army in westeros and all the money.
>>
>>85731669
I can't even tell what their end game is. You watch things like the Dany scenes in Mereen, and you see how she's portrayed as a wonderful liberator facing an insurgency, even though it's actually painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that all she did was totally fuck that place up. But did the writers intend to make it look like Dany was actually a bad person who fucked everything up? Because they seem to write things for an audience with room temperature IQs, so I seriously question if it was there intent to make it look like this.

Some people think the writers are trying to subtly do this thing where they make her look superficially good, but actually a smarmy entitled cunt who can't rule worth a damn. But then you see what they say about her in their behind the scenes / analysis stuff, and I seriously think this is all 100% unintentional, and they actually meant for her to be totally and unironically a great person all-around.
>>
>>85724884
Tyrell army should be around 5 to 10 times that, since they weren't exhausted by recent wars.
>>
>>85731741
so.. the white walkers are their universe's version of Ebola-chan?

Maybe they'll go off on some cyclical history stuff where the white walkers destroy everything, then the children of the forest come back, and the the "first" men colonize the world again
>>
>>85731897
Lannisters had legitimacy and to oppose them they'd need a new source of legitimacy. If they just went "fuck it" and took it by force that would kick off a whole new War of X King(s), where X is however many kings decide to throw their crown in the ring this time.
>>
Ramsay used TWEINTY goodmen
Tyron used TEN goodmen
how many goodmen will Jon use to capture a wight?
>>
Where the fuck is Dorne?

Is there nobody in Dorne, who wants to fight the Lannisters? Or Dorne really was that fountain and three tents in the desert?
>>
>>85731983
Yeah, it would be a classical deluge myth.
>>
>>85732042
Everyone at this point knows the kids were inbred shit and even then Cerci has no solo legitimacy to the throne that's just not how that works.
Also none of that fucking matters when the tyrells had far far more men and money.

He's how the end of last season goes in reality/better writers. Tyrells match on KL claiming they're going to 'restore' the throne in the wake of Tommen's 'tragic' death, lannisters either have to flee or are killed and they install a puppet.
>>
>>85732182
in the GoT universe, each kingdom is literally just a small fort with its ruler and some guards. All the named characters from Dorne, like Princes Doran and Trysten Martell are dead, therefore Dorne might as well go back to not existing at all.
>>
Help me list shit things:

> Tyrell, the richest family in the land, lives in a shitty poorly maintained tower
> leather that breastplate wut
> wheels without spokes
> 120 knots tactical stealth submarine manned by Euron
> "King of the north", supposed heir of Stark can't afford a proper armor
> people are listening to women
> little girls have influence over the northern bannermen
>>
>>85732182
Don't you know its like video games if you kill or capture their leader countries just instantly convert/capitulate bloodlessly.
Also it's painfully obvious The reach and and dorn were removed because its too hard to write more then 3 factions/normies would get confused.
Same reason The Eyrie and the twins no longer exist.
>>
>>85730047
>Remember when the show used to be good?

Been watching since season 1, when did this happen?
>>
>>85732333
Except they are not since the leader for each region can rally tens of thousands of men from several houses, the Dorne army is fresh and there is always some cousin's brother ready to take the throne
>>
>>85732164

just give him that there saddle, pardner, and he'll hogtie one up all on his owneeeeYEEHAW
>>
>>85732444
No no no, anon. You're thinking about this logically. You have to ditch real logic and go with Skyrim logic.

Dorne is just a small little outpost with half a dozen named NPCs that got killed. Therefore, the Dorne Quest(TM) is completed and that's it. Dorne literally no longer exists. It's over. done.
>>
>>85726358
>that ship has sailed after last season
not a problem if you can teleport onto a ship you watched sail away
>>
The worst is that half these plot holes could be solved with 5 lines of dialoge each.

for example:

>Tarly: We join you, Jamie. So does half of the Tyrell army.
>Jamies: kk wp
>Tarly: Also I know the weaknesses of Highgarden, if we act fast we can take it in no time!
>Jamie: splendid!
>Tarly: I also sent a letter to Olena that we should gather our forces at Highgarden. She still thinks that I am loyal to her. We can march to Highgard without any problem. They won't suspect anything!

here I fixed it. It's just we need 10 minute long Grey Worm sex scenes instead of these...
>>
>>85732182
omg maybe they'll bring back a book character like Princess Arianne and she'll lead Dorne to glorious victory :D!
>>
>>85732660
I mean yes and no, that doesn't really fix the fact you can justify an entire faction switching sides in two scenes (I'll grant up from one is better) or the fact the underlying premise is prima facie retarded.
>>
>>85729161
Because Highgarden has a longer growing season and better access to trade.
>>
It bothers me deeply how shit and inconsistent the armour and costuming is
>>
>>85732660
Just think about how much screentime over the past few seasons has been dedicated to watching the mystery meat eunuch and slave interpreter's "relationship".
>>
>>85732660
Same with Euron:

Cersei: How did you sail there so fast how did you manage to find Asha's fleet in the middle of the night?
Euron: Yeah, I have these warlock slaves. They can control the wind. My ship are 10255665 bazillion times faster than normie ships
>>
People act like this is new.

They hardly showed any 5 kings battles.
Remember when Tyrion was knocked out fighting with the savages (skipped battle) and then knocked out again for the battle of the blackwater bay?
>>
>>85732789
We all know that trade is a leading cause of poverty in a nation
>>
>>85732893
Just ripping off the hobbit
>>
who are the Lannisters fighting in the Riverlands again? i've totally forgotten that plot thread even existed
>>
File: parker pepe.png (27KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
parker pepe.png
27KB, 420x420px
>High Garden was never a military force! We focused on finances!

This literally makes no fucking sense. Having wealth leads to having military power. Being the richest group in the seven kingdoms and then not having the means of defending your wealth is fucking retarded. Especially when the entire excuse for the Lannisters having such a formidable army is... their wealth.

But sure, whatever. Let's just throw common sense and past precedent and plot details out the window, because we need an easy way to give the Lannisters a power-up while fixing that Iron Bank plot thread we left dangling. Oh, uh, they took all the gold from the Tyrells. Okay :^)
>>
>>85732844
I would be fine with Euron's bullshit if his flagship wasn't apart of the Casterly Rock attack. Some ships were left at Pyke would explain it, but not his flagship being there
>>
>>85724547
>Bear Island
>Castle Black
>King's Landing
Why does every location name in Game of Thrones feel like a first draft?
>>
HOW

DID

JORAH

CURE

HIS

GREY

SCALE

IN

HOURS

?
>>
>>85732947
Tyrell should have a minimum of 30k troops at their disposal, they were not wasted in war and they are supposed to be the current wealthiest house.
>>
>>85730820
>2015+6
>thinking TWoW would be out in 2021

Oh, you poor retarded fool.
>>
File: 1499088218783.jpg (26KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
1499088218783.jpg
26KB, 680x447px
>>85731500
I cannot even begin to describe how much I want this outcome.
Winterfell Wights vs Sunspear Skeletons for the Iron Cup of Hockey
>>
>>85733013
In reality Tarly would just rally the Tyrells and kill the Lannisters in a day. Maybe they even would invite Daenarys to the throne just to keep the peace, she has a claim after all.
>>
>>85732947
You realise Jamie was fighting the Tyrell's with the Tyrell's army. That's the retarded part right?

Everyone including D&D knew they had the biggest army which is why they had to come up with this bullshit to get rid of them because there was no logical reason the Tyrell's couldn't solo the lannisters and take Kingslanding.
>>
>>85733001
He and Euron stole Time Turners from Harry Potter.
>>
>>85733001
Take a look, it's in a book now clean my bedpan
>>
>>85732967
Yeah, but normies need that sheep, because they can't recognize a kraken.
>>85733001
Sam found some vietnamese tiger balm.
>>
>>85732956
D&D are saying the current maps are irrelevant and counter to the show's own canon.
>>
>>85733069
I fucking solved the whole problem
>>
>>85733001
It wasn't 12 hours. D&D are just fucking terrible at showing the passage of time. That trip Jon took from Winterfell to Dragonstone should have taken months
>>
>>85733091
I mean ship.
>>
>>85733001
>people still confused by time jumps
are you guys retarded
the ONLY one inconsistent jump has been Euron sailing allll the way around the horn of Africa and going to attack the Unsullied's ships at Casterly Rock
>>
>>85733109
Including the map they literally have on display this season in King's Landing that Cersei is having painted? They going to have a massive river somewhere so Euron can sail across?
>>
>>85733069
The Tyrell's have a hard on for the Targs anyway since the Targs are responsible for them being Warden of the South in the first place
>>
>>85733137
It was 12 hours. The master told him that has to leave in a day.
>>
>>85729764
Tyrion says that while explaining the Unsullied raid.
>>
>>85732967
If it isn't spelled out clearly normies literally won't understand
>>
>>85733170
yee boi
>>
>>85733069
>>85733069
Literally what would have happened the second Cerci openly killed a member of house Tyrell, The whole point of Tommen's marriage was to avoid the Lannisters getting BTFO by the Tyrells because they were so depleted from the war and Roberts debts.
>>
>>85733155
Jorah was getting kicked out the next day you retard, pay attention. He was given 1 extra day before getting shipped off, because he was a knight/from a house. This is when they do the nod to the sword like he should kill himself instead.
>>
File: 1483386020747.png (837KB, 1000x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1483386020747.png
837KB, 1000x1093px
>>85733050
ALRIGHT!
NOW LISTEN TO ME KIDS, THIS ICE ZOMBIE
THIS ICE ZOMBIE HERE do we have the tape?
THERE WE GO! THIS ICE ZOMBIE HERE HE'S A HEART AND SOUL KINDA ICE ZOMBIE
THIS IS THE KINDA GUY YOU WANT ON YOUR TEAM
>we've got to wrap it up, don
NO! NOW LISTEN TO ME WHEN I TELL YA
YOU CAN'T WIN ICE ZOMBIE CHAMPIONSHIPS WITHOUT GUYS LIKE THIS
>we're out of tim-
I'M ALMOST DONE! IN TODAY'S ICE ZOMBIE BEER LEAGUE YOU NEED HEART AND SOUL AND YOU NEED GRIT AND YOU NEED TO BE A GIANT UNDEAD ARMY OF A TEAM
THESE KINDA GUYS WHO KEEP THEIR STICKS ON THE ICE AND CAN FIGHT WHEN THEY NEED TO!
AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ALL YOU STILL ALIVE DUMMIES OUT THERE WHO JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND UNDEAD ICE ZOMBIE FIGHTING!
OK, THAT'S IT
>heh, you've been watching hockey night in westeros
>on rogers
>>
File: uss vengeance.jpg (295KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
uss vengeance.jpg
295KB, 1280x720px
>the bad guy has a big evil-looking ship
>>
>>85733137
Stop making excuses for D&D.

The archmaester he needed to leave in the morning.
>>
>Highgarden
>Literally on sharply elevated ground

kekerino
>>
>>85733227
>tentacles are evil now
hmmm biased much?
>>
Tarly still doesn't care about his stolen Valyrian steel sword.
>>
File: don_cherry_swaggerino_maximo.jpg (674KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
don_cherry_swaggerino_maximo.jpg
674KB, 1000x1000px
>>85733225
>>
>>85724824
>bulk of the lannister army leaves casterly rock without varys finding out through his spies
>unsullied and greyjoy fleet are ambushed by euron in broad daylight
>whole plan to take casterly rock was dumb because the lannister family has been decimated and all of their power dried up with the death of tywin

this is the walking dead tier stupid. the plot only advances because people make absolutely the worst decisions possible.
>>
>>85733137
>That trip Jon took from Winterfell to Dragonstone should have taken months

Should have, but if it was just an egregious time skip, it wouldn't explain why Dany didn't find out about her fleet getting destroyed until AFTER Jon arrived.
>>
File: 145921.png (85KB, 227x211px) Image search: [Google]
145921.png
85KB, 227x211px
>>85732164
are they aware of the meme or are they that daft? Recently they reused the "Ruler of the Ashes" line from a few seasons ago, so maybe theyre creatively bankrupt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mSeSoDEnTM
>>
>>85732915
>We all know that trade is a leading cause of poverty in a nation

Yeah, the USA is doing poorly.
>>
>>85733275
This, he know's sam was going to the citadel, how fucking dumb is he.

Just send Sir Tehn Goodmensten over to the Citadel and fetch it back.
>>
>>85733214
I mean they could play the whole "we dindu nuffin" but everyone knows who has used a shit tonne of explosives before.
Literally nobody would care for the Lannisters or respect Cerseis claim.

It's astronomically dumb.
>>
>>85725181

>A FUCKING ROSE

House Tyrrell is the GoT equivalent of Canada
>>
>>85733377
Are you really stupid enough to think just because some neckbeards on the internet latch onto a (common) phrase and repeat it ad nauseum that means it's objectively funny or shouldn't be used? How stupid can you possibly be?
>>
>>85732967

If you look up the etymology of shit, most real world places are named this way
>>
>>85731897
Randyll is a piece of shit.
>>
>>85733301
After Tywin died, everyone in the kingdom would have torn the Lannisters to shreds. We could have had a cool arc for Jaime where he has to restore his house to glory again by correcting wrongs and you know becoming a man.
But no, we have to have explosions and bad posi.
>>
>>85730815
Exactly. Too bad that will never happen.
>>
>>85732956
If he had brought the fleet to King's Landing, we'd seen one of his ships hanging behind one of those islands near Dragonstone, then he BTFO's Yara's fleet and brought prisoners back to KL, it would have been pretty plausible. But no, he had to show up at Casterly Rock
>>
>>85733480
stop being a dumb nigger
"__ good men" is an annoying cheap excuse D&D use to get away with stupid shit in the show. Its not funny its annoying
>>
>>85730820
We need Griff and Young Griff tbqh.
>>
>>85729715

WW have been walking south for 7 seasons... they're gonna get to that Wall soon!
>>
>>85733687
right, what the fuck has the night king been doing .. how does a girl pulling a crippled kid on a sled manage to get to winterfell before a 7 foot tall ghoul on a horse gets to the wall
>>
>>85733687
I seriously want to know what the fuck is going on with the white walkers and their army of the dead.

They BTFO the wildlings and nights watch at the end of last season and... I guess they're just sitting around and taking a chill pill for now? Gotta wait until Episode 9, because we all know damn well that nothing happens in GoT until the 9th episode of each season?
>>
"Armor"

> Ye dude just slap some shit on that, riveted rubber looks cool right? Chainmail wut? He's a king? But he from da norf XD
>>
>>85733874
paying a bunch of women to do softcore porn on your TV show necessitates budget cuts in other areas.
>>
File: Sandor_champion_1x05.png (372KB, 644x424px) Image search: [Google]
Sandor_champion_1x05.png
372KB, 644x424px
>>85733874
> A borderline pariah-knight of a minor house is better equipped than a self-proclaimed king and heir of one of the largest houses on the continent
>>
File: somewhat_disturbed.jpg (665KB, 1270x1569px) Image search: [Google]
somewhat_disturbed.jpg
665KB, 1270x1569px
>>85729537
>old lady murders your son who never liked you, never did anything good for anyone and was a clear sadist little fucker that literally everybody hated
>the son who probably had autism anyway whom you made through incest with your sister, who has now decided after all this time to agree to go and fuck the most obnoxious cunt in all the realms
>Jamies face when he finds out his sister had just tortured someone moments before she came and spontaneously fucked him that day

I dunno. On one hand ALL his kids are now dead, so he'd be pretty shooketh. But at the same time his whole character arc is that he has found moral nobility, demonstrated through the fact he allowed the old woman a painless and gentle death. It'd be understandable on a realism level if he decided to just savage her there and then, but it also makes just as much sense that he wouldn't.
>>
File: 34251.jpg (54KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
34251.jpg
54KB, 500x478px
>>85733874
Atleast give him something more regal
>>
>>85723823
well done son
>>
>>85729071
Olenna clearly knew, why not tell all her vassals?
>>
>>85734049
>what kinda armor your want f4m?
>just give me the chain mail pigeon
>say no more
>caw caw motherfuckers
>>
>>85734360
Fine remove the helmet then for normies, no excuse for shitty craftsmanship
>>
>>85732669
With all the progressive females and YOU GO GIRL POWER shittery, I'm surprised they left out Arianne, she would've been perfect for all the dumb shit they made Ellaria "Weak men shall never rule Dorne" Sand do.
>>
>>85733982
The North was extremely sparse in population and is one of the poorer houses, all things considered.
The Tyrells were second only to the Lannisters in material wealth.
Now the show is making them even richer than the Lannisters.
>>
File: arianne.jpg (54KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
arianne.jpg
54KB, 450x600px
>>85735097
u talkin shit bout my bae?
>>
>>85735165
Literally who
>>
The show is about blood, and tits , shocking deaths and feminism, from internal logic the show stopped making sense since season 2
>>
>>85726823
this
>>
>>85723116
Why is Horn Hill some fucking Renaissance pleasure palace when House Tarly is supposed to be this incredibly martial marcher family?
>>
>>85735209
Victarion's lover, Strong Belwas, who's cousin to Coldhands, son of Edric Storm, king of the Seven Kingdoms, brother of Damphair, seer of the Iron Islands, son of Lady Stoneheart who is sister to the Kettleblacks, guardsmen of the Queen
>>
>>85735209
beyonce
>>
File: Greywater_Watch.jpg (84KB, 640x734px) Image search: [Google]
Greywater_Watch.jpg
84KB, 640x734px
>>85724547
Holand Reeds Moving Castle.
>>
File: 1499006798644.webm (3MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499006798644.webm
3MB, 1080x1080px
>>85735369
>Strong Belwas
Yet another thing they fucked up on
>>
>>85729578
>>all the people, nobles, and soldiers just go along with it and Cersei is the queen now lmao

It was a tragic accident like 9/11, Cersei had nothing to do with it and expressed deepest sympathy for the victims. The fact that a building insured by the iron bank for forty thousand crowns also collapsed a few hours later despite not being hit with debris was also a coincidence.
>>
>>85735634
Almost certain Howland's "castle" will be some bizarre arrangement of sticks and mud.
>>
>>85735691
oh my god Gianna it's been so long

you've grown
>>
Any suggestions for a similar long book series that focus on 'realistic' politics/logistics, particularly in a fantasy setting?
>>
File: gooseman.jpg (30KB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
gooseman.jpg
30KB, 768x384px
>>85730820
>That way they'd probably have TWoW out in time for the show catching up to that point.

oh hahaha, oh hahahahahaha

you poor sweet summer child
>>
>>85735782

There are many but they are almost universally utter fucking trash.

I guess I would recommend Malazan Book of the Fallen if I had to, but not without reservations. Maybe Black Company... I guess.

This isn't easy.
>>
So no links to leaks tonight? I've been in here since fucking noon. fml.
>>
>>85736000

At first they said it was just a script for the next episode.
Then they said in an email to CNN that did have Game of Thrones "Episodes" that they stole during the hack, and would be releasing them.
Now they are saying they got the rest of the season.

If its true, and there is no guarantte, they will probably start releasing them in the next few days.

They stole 1.5 tb, so they probably did get some GoT episodes.
>>
>>85728012
The Tyrell's are currently rebelling against the crown and allied with a foreign invader who has brought Dothrakis and Unsullied slave soldiers to Westeros. Lord Tarly was promised to be made warden of the south if he aided the crown in defeating the rebelling Tyrells. Tarly is siding with the crown just like he did in Robert's Rebellion and this time he has even more incentive.
>>
>highgarden
>elevated area with dense vegetation

what was intended here?
>>
File: 1500865654820.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500865654820.png
1MB, 1366x768px
u mad?
>>
>>85730820
>or having lame ass lines like the shit Olenna told Dany last episode
but reddit ate that line up

reminder that this show is made for redditors and not you
>>
>>85726992
unfunny reaction images dude
and cersei has people believing the sept of baelor shit was an accident, watch what she says to the braavosi banker
>>
>>85732164
he'll meet up with the hound and squad and capture one so howevewr many are in the lord of lights gang
>>
>>85729803
Holy fuck what happened
>>
What the fuck?
Horn Hill looks like some Roman palace while Highgarden looks like a discount generic castle from the english countryside.
>>
>>85735691

COME SEE THIS FAT WASHED UP OLD WHORE
>>
>>85733377
They reused it like three times too
>>
>>85731500
>>85733050
Back to /r/gameofreddit with you
>>
>>85723116

>horn hill
>summer pleasure palace
>belongs to warlike tarlys

>highgarden
>belongs to tyrells
>cant fight for shit, not their forte
>called golden roses for a reason
>proper defensive stronghold

wat
>>
>>85733386
The poverty rate of America is lower than most developed nations. Please stop posting, thank you.
>>
File: 1 (3).jpg (80KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1 (3).jpg
80KB, 852x480px
>>85724547
>Bear Island
>Russian architecture
What did the mean by this?
>>
File: Vinsomer_Profile.png (1MB, 1260x699px) Image search: [Google]
Vinsomer_Profile.png
1MB, 1260x699px
>>85737485
We need an electric dragon now.
>>
>>85736000
jon and lord of light crew steal white to convince everyone dey real

one of danarys dragon gets kil lich king rises it from dead
>>
File: 1fdzgm.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1fdzgm.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
HOUSE TYRELL DESERVED BETTER.
>>
File: naughty.jpg (64KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
naughty.jpg
64KB, 625x415px
>>85723116
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXypyrutq_M
>>
>>85730820
Lena Headey is great what are you talking about
>>
Honestly, is the GoT TV series still following GRRMs plot? Or are they competely making shit up as they go? The plot is jumping around like a rabbit. Jon snow announced at the end of episode 2 he was leaving for Dragonstone, beggining of ep 3 he's lands on the shore.
>>
File: nigelbond.jpg (727KB, 1536x2307px) Image search: [Google]
nigelbond.jpg
727KB, 1536x2307px
>>85741481
>plot is jumping around like a rabbit

You only just noticed?
Littlefinger has been teleporting around Westeros since at least Season 2.
>>
>>85733687
at their grueling pace maybe ole George will finish another book before they reach winterfell
>>
>>85729715
>Season 1 states that it takes a month to travel from Winterfell to King's Landing
>Jon was able to get from Winterfell to Dragonstone (which is very close to KL) in a day
>somehow the unsullied were able to travel from Dragonstone, all the way around South Westeros to Casterly Rock in 2 days
>Euron was able to go from the Iron Islands, the long way around to King's Landing, to Sunspear, back to King's Landing and again to Casterly Rock on the other side of the contenent in 2 days
>Season 6 finale Varys goes from Essos, to Westeros and back to Essos in one fucking episode

STOP DND IT HURTS
>>
>>85741481
How do you know that there wasn't a time lapse between 2 and 3?
>>
>>85723116
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE BROTHER!
>>
>>85741802
Cause Mormont had one day to leave the Citadel.
>>
>>85742046
the timelines are differing to have space for everything in the show.
>>
>>85729375
In the show they might, but it's the most stacked region in the books and it makes sense with all the land and food that's also their huge asset in the show.
>>
>>85732947
THIS. The show really fucked up the Reach and Dorne
>>
>>85741918
You mean the head of house Tyrell? Fuck you.
>>
>>85724824
There are only seven episodes, they aren't going to waste them on the logistics of a run-of-the-mill siege.
>>
>>85741679
>Season 1 states that it takes a month to travel from Winterfell to King's Landing
By land. Jon clearly went by ship.
>>
>>85724652
>didn't expect
>leading house has no intel or scouts telling them about a FUCKHUGE army with lannister banners marching through the reach
>>
>>85732947
Having wealth only leads to military power if you're willing to spend your money on sell swords.

If you'd rather stack the gold bars (as the Tyrells did) they won't give you an ounce of fighting power.
>>
>>85732333
Don't forget that an army is also completely tied to a house and its fate. If the two most important representatives of a house are killed, the army vanishes as well.
>>
>>85728707
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>85732421
After Season 3.
>>
File: 1493260627531.jpg (61KB, 471x624px) Image search: [Google]
1493260627531.jpg
61KB, 471x624px
>>85733069
You know who else has a claim?
>>
I do wonder, at what point exactly did LotR become more realistic than GoT?
>>
>>85736000
Apparently they will leak things in waves.

There's also supposedly some information about Season 8 already there, though it's mostly in pitches and emails.
>>
File: 1501120777431.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1501120777431.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>>85744122
>pureblood red dragons will never smash bastard descendants and take their rightful throne
>>
>>85730820
>Sansa
no
>>
>>85733932
i accept these sacrifices
>>
>>85731909
>Dany was actually a bad person who fucked everything up
She doesn't even has to be bad. Just not realising the consequences of her actions - fucking up Mereen because "she wanted good lol"; now besieging KL only to find out hundreds in Flea Bottom starving to death, so she'd rush things up with dragons ending up burning them niggas crisp. Things like that.
But she does come off perfect instead.
>>
>>85728526
This.
It's OK when a pale laddie rapes and murders, but it's NOT OK when a foreign, BROWN, savages are shipped in to do it.
End cultural marxism in Westeros!
>>
>>85733178
He said there would be 10k men at Casterly Rock, not that their entire army was 10k, pay attention buddy.
>>
Highgarden!
Highgarden!
Highgarder!
...it's only a model
SHH
>>
>it's /tv/ points out plotholes which arent plotholes but their own flawed opinions that arose from their lack of attention span episode
>>
>>85723116
>small castle
>consequences of always paying debts and wars
OP are you stupid?
>>
Aemon Steelsong is tPtwP

get hype
>>
>>85733490
what is the etymology of shit?
>>
File: 1333629515533.png (780KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
1333629515533.png
780KB, 639x480px
>>85723823
>>
Dabid spent the money on zombie makeup and crack
>>
>>85746449
From Old English scite (“dung”), scitte (“diarrhoea”), from Proto-Germanic *skīta-, *skītaz, from Proto-Indo-European *sḱeyd-, *skeyd- (“to split, divide, separate”). Related to Middle Saxon (Middle Low Saxon) schite, New Saxon (New Low Saxon) Schiet, Middle Dutch schitte (Dutch schijt), German Scheiße, Swedish and Norwegian Nynorsk skit, Norwegian Bokmål skitt, Icelandic skítur.

From Middle English shiten, from Old English scītan, from Proto-Germanic *skītaną (compare West Frisian skite, Low German schieten, Dutch schijten, German scheißen, Danish skide), from Proto-Indo-European *sḱeyd-, *skeh1i-d (“to cut”) (compare *skey-). More at shed.
>>
>>85746013
David pls
>>
>>85739181
>hot pie knows that cersei did it
Stop trying to defend this drivel
>>
>>85729071
Hot Pie is a master spy then?
>>
>>85733001
Well that was justified in my opinion
Sam just took off all his diseased skin with a meticulous and difficult procedure that incredibly worked
It was unlikely, but possible (2 recorded cases as stated in the episode)
>>
>>85746740
Conspiracy theories it's things some people murmur but not officially and not the populace
>>
File: 1477596002361.png (280KB, 275x421px) Image search: [Google]
1477596002361.png
280KB, 275x421px
>>85748000
>>
>>85729837
I genuinely forgot.
>>
>>85724824
The tyrell and dorne armies were in the boats sunk by Euron

Remember, tyrells and dorne marches to some place, and dany goes to casterly rock?
>>
>>85740940
Nothing. Everything in Westeros is based solely on Medieval England. The Scots are the wildlings. Even the Dornish are Cornish, they just added the Moorish elements to make them slightly more distinctive. There is no Russia allegory. The only real solid allegory in Essos to anything corresponding to Medieval Europe are the free-cities being like the Italian city states, everything beyond them is like the middle-east/central Asia.
>>
>>85723116
This series cant work in real life. Westeros should be more foresty than in the show. All I see is grasslands and meadows.
>>
>>85731872

I only come to gloat at your suffering.
>>
File: Europe forest map.png (145KB, 827x584px) Image search: [Google]
Europe forest map.png
145KB, 827x584px
>>85748364
England isn't that 'foresty' now, now was it in the middle ages.
Infact even in pre-roman Britain about as much of the land was being used for open-farming as is now. The grasslands are akin to the 'commons' (some of which still survive) where livestock grazed.
>>
What happened to the kid who used the boat to sail away? The bastard from Robert?
>>
>>85726823
>"Olenna was such a boss-ass-bitch the way she downed that drink, so lit XD"
you're so right mate
>>
> People complaining about Dorne/Reach being underplayed when the combined armies of Stormlands (around 40k men) have been ignored ever since Blackwater
>>
File: BraNaboo.png (2MB, 1880x856px) Image search: [Google]
BraNaboo.png
2MB, 1880x856px
I've just worked out how GOT ends. The white-walkers finish off the entire continent of Westeros (this is the Bitter). The only survivor is Bran, who uses his magic abilities to go on a journey through time and space, to the world of the Mighty Boosh. Once there he manages to resurrect the spirit of his friend Hodor and gives him a new body to inhabit, that of a Gorilla named Bollo. BraNaboo develops an adiction to smoking toads and hash-cakes as a coping mechanism to deal with the tragic fate of his family and home-world.
Don't believe me? See the similarities in their facial expressions and whispery, slightly naval voices.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcjeOeWXNyA - Bran Stark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agVnp5iQ-QM - "Naboo"
>>
>>85746763
(You)
>>
>>85748607
He shows up this season. Davos finds him and he goes on an expedition(along with the hound, jorah and some others) to capture wights to prove the realm the undead army is real.

I wish I was trolling.
>>
File: 1304535760268.jpg (91KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1304535760268.jpg
91KB, 640x637px
>>85730820
>or having lame ass lines like the shit Olenna told Dany last episode.
Completely out of character as well. Olenna is supposed to be a blunt realist who has no interest in motivational sweet talk bullshit like Varys or LF. "You're a dragon. BE A DRAGON." what does that even mean Dabid you dumb fuck
>>
>>85748764
It's not like the fleet filled with Stormlands men exploded. Then some more died trying to take King's Landing. And Ramsey killed the rest.
>>
>>85748607
davos told him to keep following the coast, poor old gendry is probably still circling the island they were on.
>>
>>85748943
Loads swore to the Lannisters if you remember 2.10
>>
>iron banker traveled all the way to King's Landing to tell Cereei he's turning his back on them
>but lansisters always pay their debts
>okay fine I change my mind
>>
>>85748914
Are you fucking retarded?She basically says ''fuck the city up with your dragons''.They killed her entire family and do you think someone like Olenna Tyrell would care about the peasants in a situation like this?

There are more than hundred things to complain about in this show and you pick the worst one.
>>
>>85732333
>>85732333
>>85732333
In my mind Westeros is like the UK.
Winterfell is about where Newcastle upon Tyne is.
London is King's landing.

Google maps shows you can walk there in 91 hours.

Line between Glasgow and Edinburgh is the wall.
Scotland is the wildling area.
>>
>>85733137

>Months

Fucking no. It takes about two months to sail from China to England using old sailing ships.

It would've taken him about him about three days, going off the "size of south america" thing.
>>
>>85749304
You know there is a literal wall in the north built by the Romans to keep wildlings out right?
>>
>>85749304
>>85749661
Scots don't want to be reminded that they're clearly the wildlings. The Northerners in the show have the same types of accents found in Northern England, with the exception of the younger Starks who all sound like they grew up in Knightsbridge for some reason.
Related side note, when Davos said he had a 'flea-bottom' (cheapside) accent I cringed like mad, considering his accent sounds more North-Eastern than anything.
>>
>>85729375
the Redwynes are also tyrel bannermen and they have the 3rd most powerful fleet in westeros the fact that they needed greyjoy ships to transport their own troops is retarded
>>
>>85748521
Westeros is a continent not a puny island.
>>
>>85733675
Blackfyre fucking shit pls go
>>
>>85729587
>hadnt ever fought before.
aside from loras, they already have experience with robert's rebellion and you really don't need a lot of people to hold a castle against thousands of invaders
>>
>>85749202
More likely he was playing her. The banker needed to atleast allude to the threat of supporting Cersei's enemies in order to force her to reiterate her promise to pay the realm's debts.
Supporting Dany would be a terrible move for the Iron Bank as a Dany in charge of both Westeros and the Great-Grass Sea and Slaver's Bay would completely surround the free-cities and threaten Braavos' independence. Given that Braavos was founded by refugees from the Valyrian dragon lords it's doubtful they'd feel all that warmly about a Valyrian dragon lord hell-bent on world domination.
>>
>>85746525
kek
>>
>>85749892
The seven kingdoms are based on England though, undeniably and in their entirety. The war is the war-of the roses, the seven-kingdoms are the heptarchy, they all speak the same language (and Westerosi is English)
>>
>>85733001
I'm suprised jorah didn't look like this when sam was finished
>>
>>85750072
Westeros is the size of South America
>>
>>85729803
>>85739630
Different directors. Last season had some of the best shots in the entire series in Battle of the Bastards. Stop being retarded
>>
>>85749535
>2 months
What the fuck are you on about, the first European to reach india by boat, Vasco da Gama, left from Portugal on the 8th of July 1497 and reached Calicut in India at around the 20th of May 1498. That's 10 fucking months man. The trip John took would've taken months for certain, especially when you consider how fucking jagged the coast of Westeros is.
>>
File: Fasci.jpg (48KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fasci.jpg
48KB, 960x720px
>>85746525
Here's the funniest etymological discovery of my life. Faggot and Fascist have the exact same etymological route-word.
Faggot - From Middle English, from Old French fagot (“bundle of sticks”), from Old Italian fagotto, diminutive of Vulgar Latin *facus, from Latin fascis (“bundle of wood”). See also fag.
A faggot became a derogatory thing because it was burdensome, and therefore burdensome people were called faggots. However the early Fascists saw the same bundle-of sticks and saw an example of 'strength in numbers'.
>>
File: Martin Prince the Fascist..png (506KB, 636x464px) Image search: [Google]
Martin Prince the Fascist..png
506KB, 636x464px
>>85750319
The very best thing about it is that Antifa are all numale cuckboys who wouldn't dare use faggot as an insult because it would be homophobic.
>>
>>85750301

>first
>sailing boats never improved beyond that
>sailing boats have to stick to the edge of the coast at all times

What the fuck are you on about?
The GoT universe is filled with absolute miracles of engineering, you don't think they could build sailing boats equivalent to 1700's standards in this universe?
>>
>>85742824
Ship travel has been historically very dangerous in GoT.
>>
>>85733001
He followed this one weird trick that maesters hate
>>
>>85750176
Kay, then why didn't Grrrr! make the European influence throughout the kingdoms more obvious? The only kingdom which seems even vaguely non-English is Dorne, But clearly Dorne is atleast partly based on Cornwall aswell, Cornish people are notably swarthier than other Brits, Cornwall is noticeably warmer than the rest of the isles too.
>>
>>85723694
What point of reference would you be using for this? Highgarden is being "shot" from farther away.
>>
>>85729715
The writers don't care. Why should you? This isn't a high quality show anymore, so you really should relax.
>>
>>85730803
>arya
>best writing

uwutm8
>>
>>85733866
There will be no episode 9 you dumb fuck
>>
>>85750524
fuck
>>
File: 1499717193591.jpg (25KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1499717193591.jpg
25KB, 492x449px
>Sansa has to tell northern armorers and the master at arms how to prepare

are these fucking people smoking crack?
>>
>>85750108
Inb4 greyscale makes you immune to dragonfire.
>>
>>85751139
Shows why a female perspective in necessary
>>
>inb4 Blue-Eyes White Dragon yugioh memes
>>
>>85751139
Short answer is yes. Long answer is yes because they are fucking hacks.
>>
>>85735158
In no medieval setting would a major lord of a region be so poor that he couldn't afford proper armor. It's just a lazy way of storytelling to show people how "down to earth" the starks are and how flamboyant the southerners are.
>>
>>85751139
DA QUEEN IN THE NO(RFF
>>
>>85750072
>southern england is a fucking desert
kys you literal fucking retard
>>
>>85751139
I think they were Royce's men from the south. Still, the Eyrie has probably dealt with winter before, and I'm not sure what good leather would do for insulation. Isn't than more of the gambeson's role?
>>
>>85750445
>The GoT universe is filled with absolute miracles of engineering

????
>>
>>85750531
Does Cornwall have deserts and moor architecture? Do they speak with a spanish accent?
>>
>>85729071

How strange that it explodes on that particular day, that queeny is meant to be present but is absent. Oh it also knocks out her political opponents.

The church wouldn't do it to themselves, so who else has contempt for the church and resources to plan and implement? The entire city hated her and the Lannisters for well over a season by then. Riots and mass purges of civvies fighting city guard/lannisters should have occurred. What about Lannisters who were seven loyalists? Gotta be some defection.
>>
>>85730803
Arya is Mary Sue of the highest order.
She literally killed an entire army by herself. Come on.
>>
>>85751139
It was just a really dumb hack scene written for bar viewers to go "YASS QUEEN SLAAAAY"

What actually would have happened is the whole courtyard immediately stopping and looking perplexed at Sansa for uttering something so profoundly retarded.
>>
>>85751626
Also strange that the person who is known for using massive quantities of explosives is absent that day.
>>
>>85751659
>bar viewer
?
>>
>>85733600

Is Jaime going to have his 'fuck cersei' moment way too late to get the redemption story the books are going for? Look at what she's done and he still 'loves' her. Why is he head of Lannister army as a Kings Guard? Someone has to have gone over the to book and sort of said: "you're not the king cunt, right of succession doesn't pass to queen just because all your kids are dead, the chain of succession passes through the bratheron line." Cue this process or cersei jumping up and down crying 'I am queeeen', she may not follow any laws but someone has to? Why are the people standing for this? She's already past Mad King tier, she actually nuked a building.

KL is so going to fucking explode next season.
>>
File: fasces senate.jpg (53KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
fasces senate.jpg
53KB, 594x396px
>>85750319
>However the early Fascists saw the same bundle-of sticks and saw an example of 'strength in numbers'.
If you had bothered to read the picture you posted yourself, you might have found that this was a Roman symbol of authority, and if you weren't practically historically illiterate, you would know that it wasn't just the Fascists who reappropriated this symbol.
>>
>>85751730

These kind of people (Jump in a bit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRvyTBVh-Js
>>
>>85730148

Where's the 'kill deserter' team? Like faceless have to have a group for that contingency right?
>vet people until they are so broken they give up their life to serve us
>this one doesn't give up
>kills another protege
>moonwalks out after a chat
>stole magical secrets
>goes on a murder spree
>how the fuck will the BALANCE be corrected

How the fuck did she get out of bravos alive? If this is a legit loop hole, why aren't there more rouge magic assassins in the series who quit training after learning shapeshifting magic. We also saw talk of cersei hiring facelessmen, does no countermeasure for them exist? Did everyone forget about them?
>>
>>85731983

Sort of how I expect things to go. The two gods duke it out via their proxies every few thousand years. Winner gets to wipe the slate clean and have their favored species dominate. The squabbles of westeros are nothing but the few chosen chess pieces of fire god being moved to where they need to (because can't interfere directly, but shit like having character X go to Y to learn about something is done through contrived manners). It's already been stated that most characters will die in the books and show, so what can you away from it but endless fighting gets you nowhere. It's aSoFaI after all.
>>
>>85733439
Underrated post
>>
>>85751139
>dabid, we hav to make women do smart things more
>WHAT IF SALSA GIVE FASHION ADVICE?????
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.