[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pick the better movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Titanic vs GWTW.jpg (530KB, 1478x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Titanic vs GWTW.jpg
530KB, 1478x1125px
Pick the better movie
>>
Gone with the Wind. Is this even a serious question? It develops its characters through multiple arcs, is larger in scope, and is better-written (given that it was adapted from a best-selling novel).
>>
gone with the wind, terrific characters, no groaners (I'll never let go Jack), and more poetic

basically >>85718273
>>
>>85717207
>Is this even a serious question?
Titanic is basically the Gone with the Wind of its day. Both romance films that were massive box office successes that stood for ages (adjusted both are in the top 5 of all time), won record breaking numbers of Oscars and critical acclaim, and has become thoroughly ingrained in popular culture and a staple on television. Seems comparable enough.
>>
>>85718707
so all they have in common is superficial qualities?
>>
>>85719009
Titanic, Avatar and Gone with the Wind are practically the same movie. Fuck Trump and fuck white people.
>>
>>85719244
>he doesn't recognize Gone with the Wind as one of the original white power movies

why do you think mammy was so happy
>>
>>85718390
>terrific characters
Are the characters of Titanic not terrific?

>no groaners (I'll never let go Jack)
Scarlet's constant cries for Ashley became grating
>>
I like Cameron but I found Titanic lacking. I don't have a vagina so that might be part of it. I don't mind males liking it though.
Gone with the Wind is probably overrated but I'll pick it. I'd not willing watch either though.
>>
>>85717207
Well, I would rather watch Gone With the Wind than spend its runtime asleep, which is more than I can say about Titanic.
>>
>>85717207
I prefer Titanic
>>
>>85719374
So my wife's ancestry DNA profile came back with >1% Ivory Coast origin. Am I a nigger lover or is this statistically insignificant? She is pale white with blue eyes and zero black features
>>
>>85717207
My dead dad's favorite movie was Titanic. He died earlier this month. I miss him.
>>
>>85720231
What was the point of this post?
>>
File: mammy.jpg (135KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mammy.jpg
135KB, 1600x1200px
was this the best supporting actress of all time?
>>
>>85719668
>Jack
completely flawless
>Rose
completely flawless, but sad
>Rose's mom
only wants money
>Cal
evil dude who hits women and wants to marry Rose for no reason because they have no chemistry

on the other hand:

>Scarlett
determinator, adulterer, proper lady, with a soft spot for Ashley despite wanting to keep Melanie happy
>Rhett
a gentleman, in love with Scarlett while knowing that she is in love with Ashley, while also being his own man, somewhat rude but deep down he's got a heart of gold
>Ashley
torn between Scarlett and Melanie, classic betty and veronica situation, sad, shell shocked
>Melanie
good character, has no faults, except for her naivete about Scarlette's intentions, foil to scarlette

and I haven't even seen gone with the wind in three years while i watched titanic last month
>>
>>85720286
Save the edge for reddit, kid.
>>
>>85720286
She wants people to feel sorry for her, like all persons with a vagina.
>>
>>85720528
It was a genuine question
>>
>>85717207
Titanic,Gone with the Wind has aged like milk.
>>
>>85720623
>Gone with the Wind has aged like milk
surely you jest

https://youtu.be/lrhNPS4nbmQ
>>
File: 1454105679228.png (26KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454105679228.png
26KB, 199x200px
>>85720580
>>
There's no way one can watch Gone with the Wind in a single session.
>>
>>85721229
Take your ritalin anon, you're spazzing out again.
>>
File: Gone With the Wind 1939 2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gone With the Wind 1939 2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Gone With the Wind is like the golden culmination of all of Hollywood to put forward all technology and money to transport the medium lightyears into the future.

Titanic is like the rampant escalation of all of one man's ego to put forward all technology and money to vacuum everybody's wallets.
>>
>>85717207
I prefer Titanic. Neither are great. Good, but not great.
>>
>>85721504
>Titanic is like the rampant escalation of all of one man's ego to put forward all technology and money to vacuum everybody's wallets.
Are you suggesting that Titanic is not well made?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.