[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twin Peaks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: twin-peaks-may-21-2017-showtime.jpg (155KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
twin-peaks-may-21-2017-showtime.jpg
155KB, 1200x1200px
In the last week I marathoned the first 2 seasons, and while there were some questionable decisions in season 2, it remained funny and entertaining through all the run. Too bad they explained everything and the ambiguidity of the first season was thrown out the window. Now, can I get a non memetic opinion on season 3? Is it more like the movie?
>>
>>85712030
i've only seen the first episode of the new season because i can't be fucked waiting a week in between episodes.

it didn't feel like the movie at all. the movie is quirky for the first thirty minutes and then becomes heartbreaking. i didn't get any of that from the first episode.
>>
>>85712137
so what did you get?
>>
>>85712030
It was never funny. Your a lost and hopeless generation.
>>
season three is fucking great
it's like all of lynch's previous works combined. some bits are like eraserhead, some are like lost highway, some are blue velvet, and some is even like the original series. and some is like the movie. it's the culmination of everything he's done
>>
>>85713141
It was pretty funny, Gordon Cole's scenes especially.
>>85713194
maybe I should watch some of his movies before the new season then? I only watched Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet and Mullholand Drive
>>
>>85713298
you should definitely watch eraserhead because it's fucking great, but it's not necessary for understanding the show, it's just interesting to see elements of it return
>>
It's more like Lynch's movies in general and less like the original series. Which is a good thing because he has full freedom to do whatever the fuck he wants to do without the network cancelling it on him for being too weird or inaccessible.
>>
season three is fucking terrible
it's like all of the worst of lynch's previous works combined. it's the culmination of everything bad he's done
>>
When season 3 first aired I had only seen twin peaks, fire walk with me, eraserhead, and blue velvet. Season 3 was so interesting though it made me want to watch more of his films and I really love Lost Highway and Mulholland drive,it made me appreciate the new season a little bit more. But its defintely worth checking out,go into it with no expectations because it's especially weird even compare to twin peaks. Make sure to watch fire walk with me first so you get all the lore
>>
It's not season 3. Its Twin Peaks The Return. And that's honestly how you should look at it. It is nothing like the original series stylistically or in tone. It is more similar to FWWM, but it is still pretty far removed from that too. It is pure kino desu. I have never seen anything else so masterfully done on TV I believe. But if you go in expecting coffee and donuts and happy jolly Dale Cooper, you are not going to like it very much. And it has been confirmed through the eddie vedder song out of sand that cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic related is evil cooper)
>>
>>85712030
7/10. Has its moments of brilliance.
>>
>>85713712
Also, most people who hate the new season with hardly anything to say about it are crybabies and the lowest form of pleb
>>
>>85712030

It's too early to say whether TP season 3 is good. After LOST and BSG, I now know it is never safe to judge whether a show is good or not until after the credits roll on the final episode and you have had time to think. Many scenes in the new Twin Peaks have been so weird and beautiful they brought years to my eyes, but other scenes have been a real test of patience. I will say this though, watching the episodes one by one as they are released, with no idea what is going to happen next, is a really special experience. And with David Lynch you REALLY do not know what will happen next. I mean, episode 8, holy shit, where did THAT come from.

Also, the direction of the show SHITS in pretenders like True Detective and Breaking Bad. Even if you find it hard to stomach old people talking to each other really slowly, the sheer mastery of the production is really apparent.
>>
Of the 4 episodes I've seen, season three is dudebro you just don't get it Lynch is a genius
which is to say I haven't been in any rush to get back to watching the adventures of retarded cooper - I'll get back to it eventually
>>
>>85713744
Fuck you
>>
It's great, every episode has a seen to shit on the people who want the plot to be revealed quickly

>>85713766
Dougie becomes the best part of season 3 though
>>
>>85712030
What's so funny about investigating the death of a beloved murdered teenager?
>>
>>85713744
>masterfully done
>there are people who actually believe this
>>
>>85713763
>direction of the show SHITS in pretenders like True Detective and Breaking Bad
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
>>
>>85713298
Gordon Cole is metaphorically genX's parents. There was nothing funny about them pleb. Your laughter is a monkey fearful of what it does not understand. SAD.
>>
>>85714304
What about the scene where Andy stands on a wooden plank, twats himself in the face with it so he walks around like a crab which allows them to find the evidence?
>>
>>85714304
try all you want. you will NEVER make a monkey out of me
>>
>>85714554
kek
>>
The only thing that bugs me about the new season is all these celebrity and musician cameos that don't really have anything to do with the story, they're just in it for 5 minutes then never again. Not as many characters that you really feel close to like the original cast.
>>
>>85712030
>Too bad they explained everything and the ambiguidity of the first season was thrown out the window
Where does this meme keep coming from.
>>
File: TwinPeaksJudyMonkey.webm (3MB, 1536x832px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaksJudyMonkey.webm
3MB, 1536x832px
>>85714304
>>85714554
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.