[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best panel show and why is it Would I Lie to You?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: p045n55y.jpg (24KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
p045n55y.jpg
24KB, 480x270px
What is the best panel show and why is it Would I Lie to You?
>>
>>85707364
American here, Why do brits have so many panel shows? What's the appeal?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>85707423
The BBC is funded by taxpayer money and has no adverts so they can't have massive budget shows that make their money back through advertising revenue, panel shows are cheap as shit (one set, one camera, no script except maybe the host, you can film 4 in a day), and they've been very popular since the days of radio, so popular that even non-BBC channels make them.

And my favourite is the radio show I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue (the antidote to panel games)
>>
>>85707423
>What's the appeal?
It's just a delivery system for comedy, you have a simple game and get a bunch of funny people to play it and the audience can laugh at their jokes. It worked better before diversity hires meaning they had to have unfunny people there to stop institutional sexism and racism.
>>
It is/was hosted by the only 3 talented comedians left in Nu-Pakistan. But, now that the BBC requires "diversity", it's become another victim of unwatchability.
>>
>>85708217
Also there's a talent agency that has exclusive rights to certain shows.

That's why it's the same comedians on every panel. Like that ugly fat bitch with the big teeth.
>>
>>85707364
That does have the best premise and some of the best banter
>>
>>85708791
>Like that ugly fat bitch with the big teeth.

Come on lad that doesn't really narrow it down when we're talking about British women.
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
>>85708791
>>85708958
Are you talking about me?
>>
As someone who has become a fan of Lee Mack through this show, is Not Going Out worth watching? Also bump
>>
>>85710317
>is Not Going Out worth watching?

First few series are okay, becomes pretty repetitive pretty quickly though.
>>
>>85710317
>is Not Going Out worth watching
I don't watch it much, but it seems alright. I suppose it's just a lot of one liners - probably what you'd expect from Lee Mack. It doesn't take itself seriously.
Also the girl in it is really fit.
>>
>>85710317

Yeeeeeee not worth a watch
I think its shit
The rest of the cast just feed Lee for his bit
and the jokes can be seen from miles out
fuck "not going out"

I think Lee works better in an improvisational situation.
>>
>>85710317
The Tim Vine series are pretty good. It's as funny as B-tier comedy gets.
>>
>It's a "half of the panel guests aren't comedians or even funny so the team captains have to carry the show" episode
They have some god tier guests sometimes like Bob Mortimer but so many times they bring just famous people who are just sorta there and don't really add nothing to the show
>>
Shooting stars. You're showing your age OP.
>>
>>85707364
I don't think I've ever actually laughed at anything as much as "I once accidentally bought a Horse".
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkXxmMUIx8k
>>
>>85707364
Taskmaster
>>
glory holes
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.