[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to marathon the extended versions will i make it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: lord-of-the-rings-trilogy.jpg (260KB, 1452x701px) Image search: [Google]
lord-of-the-rings-trilogy.jpg
260KB, 1452x701px
About to marathon the extended versions
will i make it?
>>
My plan for today is the same.

It's 4pm

I will workout around 4:30, wash around 6 order chinese food at 6:30 then watch LOTR1 then pbj sandwich then watch another then bed
>>
I still haven't found the time to do it, and i bought them on prime day last year. Tell me how they are
>>
>>85702163
it's free on amazon prime though
>>
>>85702092
i did it 2 years ago took me a couple days.
>>
>there are still faggots that havent watched the best trilogy of all time

simply unbelievable, even in my 3rd world country everyone and their mothers watched it
>>
>>85702273
most people dont have the attention span for all three of them
even though the hobbit trilogy is 'harder' to watch
>>
just watch GoT, it's much better.
>>
>>85702273
>best trilogy
Umm no sweetie

1- Dollar trilogy
2- Lord of the Rings trilogy
>>
33 minutes in
i have no idea which scenes are new
>>
>>85702092
12 hours without breaks
>>
>>85702092
>will i make it?
Yeah. Probably. It's pretty great.
If you've never seen the movies before I'd suggest the theatrical cuts though. I fucking love the extended editions, but it does fuck with the pacing a bit, and they're more rewarding on subsequent rewatches.
>>
>>85702322
Sheeit. I've read the return of the king in one sitting and even I take a couple breaks when its time for the annual rewatch.
>>
>>85702092
You will lose interest after FOTR because the CGI has aged terribly and will completely pulls you out of the experience. Gollum has no impact anymore.
>>
>>85702203
Yea but i got the extended edition bluray box for $16 so the video quality and sound isn't poopy

>>85702273
Fuck you, it can't be better than the three color, qatsi, or human condition trilogies
>>
>>85703506
>extended edition bluray box
They color corrected everything blue for the Blu ray. Also pay close attention to the hobbits in any wide shot with normal human characters. Particularly on the mountain top in fellowship.
>>
>>85702539
>which scenes are new

They were all filmed in 99-00 m8.
>>
>>85704492
>new
I meant scenes not included in the theatrical release
>>
literally and unironically worse than wasting more than half a day on the new twin peaks.......
>>
Elves are garbage traitors. fuck them
>>
>>85704609
Fine; if it doesn't add anything to character development or plot development, and it seems like fluff and world building it wasn't in the theatrical version.
>>
>>85704774
t. oakenshield
>>
Watching the extended version is actually as horrible idea. All the additional scenes are just useless filler, they add nothing. The movie just becomes a bloated three and half hour monstrosity.
>>
Got all 3 extended versions,
Never watched lotr b4
Just fucking sleeps from the long and boring filler scenes
>>
>>85703506
because of FUCKERY in the bluray version this is one time you're better off with the dvd.
>>
>>85705123
>implying the extended cuts don't add a ton of character development
>>
>>85706860
>you're better off with the dvd.
Plus the extended edition DVD box set looks sexy as fuck on a shelf.
>>
>>85702618
Gollum is still really, really good CGI, friend. The only time I recall where the CGI was extremely bad was when they were going through the Dead Marshes and the camera focuses on Gollum as he looks back and tells Frodo and Sam the name of the place.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.