[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is the problem with the Coen guys? I mean, half

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

What the hell is the problem with the Coen guys? I mean, half of their movies doesn't make any sense, like pic related, where nothing at all happens, I've read wikipedia articles with more substance, so, what do you think, /tv/?
>>
Brainlet.
>>
File: 1497806583198.gif (529KB, 200x83px) Image search: [Google]
1497806583198.gif
529KB, 200x83px
>>85674208
>>
this film was really good. carey mulligan was also really qt in it too.
it felt less like a coen brother's film and more like an indie film, which i'm going to assume was what they were going for.
>>
>>85674208
They show you the life of the mind
>>
>>85674208
It is a good movie. Coen Brothers never seem to be able to make a movie better than 7/10. I guess they are great because they consistently make good movies, but they have never made a great one yet.
>>
>>85674208
A Serious Man and Barton Fink were good movies. This one was more of a indie effort.
>>
>>85674999
Dis boy ain't white
Dis boy is miscenegated
>>
>>85674893
I've never seen this meme before
>>
>>85674999

Fargo and The Big Lebowski are better than 7/10's.
>>
>>85675174
>The Reddit Lebowski
you can't be serious
>>
>>85675049
Barton Fink is my favorite Coen film because it captures the ennui of being a writer so perfectly, and Turturro is perfectly cast, and I have a soft spot for that period of LA

/blog
>>
>>85674208
the coen brothers movies as a whole are the greatest description of the 20th century America Jewish cultural coup
>>
>>85675260
It was a good movie for its time and place, you know, a time before shitposting
>>
File: ScreenShot107.jpg (148KB, 571x357px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot107.jpg
148KB, 571x357px
>>85674208
>where nothing at all happens
didn't watch the movie.
the main protagonist spirals out of his self perceived bohemian cocoon to realize he's not really hip, but just a broke piece of shit. Not a Dave VonRonk fan, eh, OP?
>>
>>85676802
He never acknowledges how much of a shitty person he is
>>
File: 1495237909512.png (492KB, 621x668px) Image search: [Google]
1495237909512.png
492KB, 621x668px
>>85676937
>He never acknowledges
he gives up on being a musician at the end after being confronted through the entire film that his personality quirks don't make him a bohemian, it just makes him a piece of shit.

> he assures himself that his life as a starving artist is honorable because he's suffering for his craft
> 'his craft' is actually performed better by a part-time Army reservist who has direction in his life.
> crashes at parents, even at a social get-together he can't perform 'his craft'
> maybe its just his comfortable surroundings, surely if he hits the road he'll....
> on the road he teams with two bohemian archetypes; a wealthy degenerate and an outlaw
> both paths lead to dead ends
> swallowing reality he auditions............sucks, no one wants to hear this shit

ends with a "lol, fag" realization.
Good story, colorful characters............Coen kino
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.