[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else think True Romance is overrated? Outside of Gary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: True-Romance-1993.jpg (970KB, 1006x1500px) Image search: [Google]
True-Romance-1993.jpg
970KB, 1006x1500px
Anyone else think True Romance is overrated? Outside of Gary Oldman's show stealing few minutes and the Sicilian scene, it's nothing that special.
>>
>>85672759

its literally Tarantino's best work
>>
>>85672854
But the finished product kinda differs from his screenplay.

One detail I recall that was thankfully left out was that the character of Virgil (who ended up being played by James Gandolfini) was some sort of arrogant kung fu mobster that brutalizes Alabama with a bunch of fancy kicks.
>>
>>85672999
>One detail I recall that was thankfully left out was that the character of Virgil (who ended up being played by James Gandolfini) was some sort of arrogant kung fu mobster that brutalizes Alabama with a bunch of fancy kicks.
That's the most autistic thing ever, and it being taken out is probably why it's so good. Tarantino needs to be reigned in more often than not.
>>
It's pretty good, I just wish Oldman's character had more screentime and was the main villain.
>>
>>85672854
that's not crimson tide
>>
Anyone else find it hilarious how Samuel L. Jackson dies so quickly?
My friend is a huge fan of his and got excited when he saw his name on the opening credits, then he gets shotgunned after 30 seconds of screentime.
>>
ye. the ending is really shitty too, it feels really different compared to the rest of the film. the original script had slater's character killed. with arquette walking off with the money.

>>85674610
>Tarantino needs to be reigned in more often than not.
which is why jackie brown is his best work.
it's so held back and restrained, and it was made before quentin became REALLY autistic with the way he wrote dialogue. not just that, the casting is on-point, casting de niro playing a loser really works.
>>
>>85674771
Literally added a few completely out of place pop culture references to the script and did nothing else.
>>
>>85674698
This
>>
>>85672759
It's a 4/10 movie, but you have to remember it was the 90s, everything sucked.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.