[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stump the Buff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: FilmBuff-Steve-Beckman.jpg (10KB, 342x344px) Image search: [Google]
FilmBuff-Steve-Beckman.jpg
10KB, 342x344px
Been watching movies every day since before the day many of you were born.

Ask me any questions about movies, or the industry and If I don't reply in under a minute, you win.
>>
File: 1445324241.jpg (27KB, 501x495px) Image search: [Google]
1445324241.jpg
27KB, 501x495px
>>85670101
What do you think of the current state of the Alien Franchise?
Do you think that a proper Aliens Vs Predator movie based on the comics and the 1999 or 2001 AVP and AVP2 PC games, or atleast in that era (involving the Colonial Marines) help it get it back on its feet?

and whats your opinion on the alien franchise rejected Predators in their universe when the predator franchise welcomes them in theirs?
>>
Is Tarantino a hack?
>>
>>85670101
>>
Did Black Swan rip off Perfect Blue?
>>
>>85670558
I think he's one of the greatest filmakers of all times

>>85670509
It's a classic franchise and every movies are worth watching in my opinion. I would love to see an Alien movie based on the comics, didn't knew there was comics until now but it sounds like a great idea.

Didn't know about the last part. It sounds like something they should address and make sure they're doing the right thing.
>>
>>85674499
The similarities between the two films are too overwhelming both in their quality and quantity to pass as mere coincidences or amount to some simple “inspiration” drawn.
>>
What is your favourite english language film of all time?
What is your opinion on synecdoche new york?
Am i a pleb for having not explored many foreign language films and where is a good place to start?
>>
What is your favorite film from the left bank?
>>
>>85675187
The godfather

wildly ambitious ... sprawling, awe-inspiring, heartbreaking, frustrating, hard-to-follow and achingly sad.

Everyone can enjoy movies the way they feel is right. You aren't any better or worse for preferring American movies over foreign movies. A good foreign movie would be good bye lenin or slum dog millionaire.
>>
>>85670101
What are your thoughts on the Yugoslav Black Wave? Favorite film from the movement?
>>
>>85675257
Cool looks like I win.
>>
>>85674557
>I think he's one of the greatest filmakers of all times
>every movies are worth watching in my opinion

Some "buff" you proved to be. My god, do you think you will die not knowing that you are a pleb?
>>
>>85675980
>A good foreign movie would be good bye lenin or slum dog millionaire.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>85675980
Nice reference, Reddit.
>>
>>85670101
how many flicks, movies, films and kinos have you watched?
>>
>>85675771
>A good foreign movie would be good bye lenin or slum dog millionaire.

Slumdog Millionaire is a British-American co-production though.
>>
>>85676291
Took you long to figure out OP is a pleb piece of shit.
>>
>>85676378
Sorry back after a break
>>
>>85675257
>>85675909
I have no idea what you're talking about

>>85675980
Can you name a better director?

>>85676169
Yeah you know it's easy to belittles other opinions. How about you post what you like so that I can pretend to laugh at it and see how you react, asshole.

>>85676291
It's an Indian film. Indian cast, in India, Indian director and Indian is the original voice over.
>>
>>85676281
At least 1 movie every week since 1995.
>>
>>85678825
>I have no idea what you're talking about
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>85675823
>tfw you stump the buff
>>
>>85678866
so you don't watch flicks? ok kid
>>
ok gregg
>>
File: Listen-Darling.jpg (334KB, 2260x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Listen-Darling.jpg
334KB, 2260x1210px
Post cozy b/w movies from 30s-40s... Just with an average life of those times. Like Andy Hardy movies.
>>
Why did L'arrivée d'un train en gare de La Ciotat impact the audience as it did?
>>
>>85679820
Because it was one of the first movie at the end and the people weren't expecting what they saw.

>>85675823
Interesting movies with nonordinary forms, polemical methods, socio-critical concerns, oppositional ideology and often a fatalistic final
>>
>>85680086
Lmao you retard, of you don't know what the left bank is and all you can say about the yugo black wave is some half asses google answer I have two words for you: KILL YOURSELF.
>>
>>85680086
>if I don't reply in under a minute you win
Well I guess I won.
>>
>>85678825
>It's an Indian film. Indian cast, in India, Indian director and Indian is the original voice over.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slumdog_Millionaire
>Slumdog Millionaire is a 2008 British drama film directed by Danny Boyle,[6] written by Simon Beaufoy, and produced by Christian Colson.
The original language is also English and the main cast are all Indian-Brits.
>>
File: IMG_6242.jpg (56KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6242.jpg
56KB, 600x335px
>>85679572
Pennies from Heaven 1936
>>
>>85680263
The thread is slower than anticipated so I slowed down the pace. No one has really stumped me so far.

>>85680231
Hey ever heard of the stumberpeder postof gurmtzu Mumu? No? What are you a plebian? I can make up imaginary things as well you know.
>>
>>85680625
>left bank
>imaginary
lmao get a load of this pleb
>>
>>85680625
>In the early 1960s, critic Richard Roud attempted to draw a distinction between the directors allied with the influential journal Cahiers du Cinéma and what he dubbed the “Left Bank” group. This latter group embraced a loose association of writers and film-makers that consisted principally of the directors Chris Marker, Alain Resnais, and Agnès Varda. They had in common a background in documentary, a left wing political orientation, and an interest in artistic experimentation.

Lmao, keep outing yourself as a retard.
>>
File: Dorothy.gif (1014KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
Dorothy.gif
1014KB, 500x339px
>>85680496

Thank you!
>>
Director wants a take's audio restored but it's to the point where he might as well use another take, but this is THE take he wants. What's my best course of action?
>>
>>85680703
>>85680788

Alright you stumped me a little. I knew about it but somehow I kept thinking of the left bank in the Israel Palestinian conflict. That's why it didn't click. Palestinian left bank movies is definitively not a specific genre or anything.
>>
>>85681186
Going digital is the best way to alleviate these issues imo.

Or he could try asking his actors to try and reproduce the same performance. Maybe putting them in the same conditions as they were in when they filmed the scene (same hours, same food on breakfirst, same weather).
>>
>>85681305
You almost got it. Convert to digital (if it isn't already) and use spectral tools to physically see the damage you need to repair.
>>
>>85681221
No you didn't know that, every thing you've posted sounds basic and very surface level, you obviously wouldn't know about the left bank if you thought fucking Slumdog Millionaire was a good foreign film (the director is British by the way, not Indian you idiot), you are just a redditor who wanted some attention, go watch Tarantino and Nolan and keep pissing your pants.
>>
>>85681526
Just leave the thread if you're just going to throw pointless negativity around. I don't need more assholes in my life.

>>85681390
Yes exactly. But if it's too damaged then trying to recreate the scene is obviously a better option than patching literal holes in the film with computer effects.
>>
>>85681788
Directors don't always want it changed to something else. I like to Frankenstein them with other takes to sound exactly how it should have instead of going through a repair that'll probably end badly. Great voice actors are within 1ms of their original take anyway, so the timing's never, ever going to be noticed by even the most autistic directors.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.