[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is happening?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: duncuck.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
duncuck.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
So, there's this huge mystery I need answered:

It's obvious that Nolan is somewhat antisocial/aspie.

Besides frequently exuding weirdness in public, his antisocial behaviour keeps mudding the quality of his films. It's why otherwise great scripts can have extremely poor dialogue at times-he's a creative writer, but he doesn't know how real people talk properly.

Nolan is a terrible "acting director" because of this, which makes him the polar opposite of Kubrick in that regard. I.e Kubrick would overanalyse the emotional content of a character's performance, going to absurd lengths to perfect it.

Nolan, on the other hand, seems to keep scenes that other directors would've reshot. It's why the extras in his movies are so mind-bogglingly terrible. It's why Plane scene, "no moar ded cawps" and Miranda's death scene end up staying in the movie.

He's too antisocial to wrestle out a good performance from a bad actor. Which leads me to:

Why the fuck is Harry Styles such a good actor in this movie?? It's his first fucking film and he's surpassed only by greats like Rylance and Civilian Murky.

It can't be accredited to Nolan or anyone else,because extensive proof shows that he is incapable of that.

So wtf? Is Harry Styles a great actor now? I mean, if he can deliver Nolan's lines convincingly, imagine what a different director could get out of him!
>>
File: Dunkirk1.jpg (40KB, 539x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkirk1.jpg
40KB, 539x600px
>>85669786
tl, dr.
the fire rises.
>>
>>85669786
Should've attached a pic of Harry Styles in Dunkirk as your OP pic.
>>
>>85669786
The entire film is filled with on-screen literalwho first timers and they all gave decent performances, so your specific focus on Harry Styles doesn't make much sense, he was as good as all the others.
>>
>>85670594
>>85670279
Yeah, I fucked up, I wanted to just put the title and a sentence in the OP then putthe rest in reply, but I forgot
>>
File: Dunkirk.jpg (24KB, 620x326px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkirk.jpg
24KB, 620x326px
>literally took his mask off
what did Tom "Large Lad" Hardy mean by this?
>>
>>85670731
I thought his character was the most interesting of the mole newcomer boys. His monologue in the sinking ship, the attitude in the other ship and the wayhe acted utterly defeated on the train were all great acting moments.
>>
>>85670819
Wait till you hear his recent critically acclaimed solo album and find yourself actually listening to it
>>
>>85671033
Sign of the Times is comfy as fuck
>>
>>85670807

don't need a mask until 10,000ft Literally no one in that entire movie needed a mask unless you count the people who needed scuba gear.
>>
>>85669786
>Why the fuck is Harry Styles such a good actor in this movie??

All the actors did well, and perhaps after the TDKR issues Nolan decided to do some more takes.
>>
>>85672262
The radio required the mask to be on.
>>
>>85669786
>Civilian Murky.
kek
>>
>>85669786
Maybe he's been taking private acting lessons and has always wanted to be an actor? I dunno but I feel like it's more common for pop stars to do romantic dramas or comedies for their first acting roles, the fact that he auditioned for a war drama tells me he's really interested in acting.
>>
>>85672487
This. Nolan researched it himself.
>>
>It's a pop-star does something other than music to an acceptable standard and is praised out the ass for it episode

>HE's DEAD M8

B R A V O
S T Y L E S
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.