[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Wages of Fear better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: sorcerer-movie-poster[1].jpg (164KB, 1011x1520px) Image search: [Google]
sorcerer-movie-poster[1].jpg
164KB, 1011x1520px
is Wages of Fear better?
>>
>>85666572
Yes, but Sorcerer is still pretty good
>>
>>85666572
Um.... sorry but what is this crap? This is our board now grandpa.

Get to posting superhero memes.
>>
nah i feel sorcerer does a better job of nailing down that oppressive, foreign atmosphere and the desperation that compels the characters to attempt what they know is probably a suicide mission
>>
>>85666572
Sorcerer is actually a pretty good remake, but the actual sense of raw palpable tension is much better executed in The Wages of Fear, and as I remember Sorcerer has a pretty weak first act in comparison.
Friedkins did a good job though.
>>
>>85666572
they are both good in their own ways
>>
I love the soundtrack to that movie.
>>
>>85666572
No
>>
Just watched this yesterday actually. The scene that is illustrated in the poster was crazy.

Haven't seen Wages of Fear yet.
>>
>>85666572
no
>>
>>85666807
Shut your fucking mouth kid we still own you. Now go take out some student loans.
>>
>>85666821
I think you nailed it. I'd say Wages of Fear has better performances and fleshing out of characters, but Sorcerer has a more immersive atmosphere.
>>
I prefer Sorcerer. If you ever show it to someone who knows nothing about it, the prologue REALLY plays well, it sucks the viewer into the movie and they can't wait to see how all these different storylines converge.

And as a result of the prologue, Sorcerer also has the stronger cast of characters imo. You know who all these guys are and you're anticipating the ways they're going to interact with each other and the different ways they solve problems. Some of them, like Roy Scheider and the Frenchman, you become really invested in and want to see succeed. I think Sorcerer also has the stronger performances.

And to my mind Sorcerer unquestionably has the better ending. But they're both great movies and they compliment each other.
>>
>>85666572
Wages of fear doesn't have the epic collapsing bridge scene.

But I think overall it's a better more coherent movie
>>
One of those rare remakes where I can't decide which one is better/I prefer

Like Fistful vs Yojimbo
>>
I just finished it. Very amazing, but was I expected to want any of them to live? They were all pieces of garbage.
>>
Wages of Fear has conflicting tone with the first and second half imo. Undeniably great but I prefer the second half of the film.

I've never seen Sorceror but really want to.
>>
>>85666572
>>85666671
I'll try both of these if I remember
I know this movie from the soundtrack because I listened to all of Edgar Froese's work (RIP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b-jS6vAAAk
try to listen to this song in your car without wanting to rob a bank
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.