[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wot/ - The Wheel of Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 31

File: w o t.png (170KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
w o t.png
170KB, 400x400px
Don't post about raceswapping. This thread is about the upcoming Wheel of Time television series brought to us by Sony, NOT /pol/ garbage.

I'm serious here. Only post about Wheel of Time
>>
>>85659843
>Don't post about raceswapping
That's not gonna happen and you know it.
But moving on from that I'm not sure how this'll turn out. It seems to me that they're trying to make their own game of thrones type show, which has the potential to work, but I doubt that they'll pull it off. I'd like to be surprised by a good show though
>>
File: giv.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
giv.png
45KB, 778x512px
giv aes sedai gf
>>
>>85659843
What do you guys think, will it be in the HBO way, ten one hour episodes per season or will it be longer seasons with shorter episodes?
>>
Azor Jon
>>
>>85660566
>>85660774
I'm probably going to get in serious trouble for posting this, but the rumor is that it's going to be animated with 22-episode seasons.
>>
>>85660904
>animated

I'm okay with this, as long as it's a higher budget type of animation and not like Family Guy.
>>
File: 1495322343015.gif (3MB, 371x200px) Image search: [Google]
1495322343015.gif
3MB, 371x200px
I hope they do not censor sweattent episodes

plus I want Mat + Tylin scenes on screen
>>
File: 6512.jpg (39KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
6512.jpg
39KB, 575x556px
>sony
Anything they touch turns to ashes. I have no hope for this series.
>>
I really would like to see a live action scene when Ingtar confesses to Rand that he's a darkfriend.

>"It is every man's right, Rand, to choose when to Sheathe the Sword. Even one like me...One man holding fifty at a narrow passage. Not a bad way to die. Songs have been made about less"
>>
I hear this show has what it takes not to be shit (Like 95%+ of TV) because the show material isn't bad.

Is this true?
>>
File: 156446548191.jpg (56KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
156446548191.jpg
56KB, 1000x800px
I hope the white walkers don't look fake.
>>
>>85659843
Can somebody give me a quick rundown of the plot? Might start this series during my vacation, what is it simlar to? How many books are there, is it finished?

inb4 google it, just trying to keep the dying thread interesting
>>
>>85659843
>sony
>>
>>85662713
Magic Jesus is reborn every few generations to fight the ultimate evil, last one went crazy and fucked up, all men who can use magic eventually die and go insane, meaning magic wimmins are in control over pretty much all the land, the entire first half of the first book takes place in the shire and not much happens but from book 2 and onward it gets pretty good until nothing starts happening again but there's lots of lesbian spanking and pillow friends and Rand getting 3 waifus and it isnt too bad
They're going to fuck up the Trollocs, though. There's no way the TV show wont make them look shit.
>>
Sanderson >>>> RJ
>>
>>85662713

Magic and shit with a great evil and a young hero. Women fuck up most things and are boring but the three main characters of boys are pretty cool. The series got finished by Brandon Sanderson after the original author Robert Jorden died he wrote some of the Conan books.
>>
There is one rule, above all others, for being a man.Whatever comes,face it on your feet
>>
>>85662713
>>85662929
Hm, interesting enough. Thanks anons, will get the first book and see how it goes from there.
>>
>>85662713
just watch joseph campbell's mythos lectures
>>
>>85662461
the material is pretty solid fantasy and the character development is quite fascinating IMO, but given how producers these days can fuck up anything, I shall remain from getting overhyped.

like consider how good the set-up for Batman vs Superman was potentially and how complex the back stories are, and then somehow Hollywood still fucks it up.

though, WoT has its highlights and the shitty parts, there are lot of good chapters, lot of awesome chapters and chapters that make you weep, and then there are chapters that just make you wanna quit reading because you have no idea why the book has to include such crap PoVs or sidestories and subplots that barely matter in the grand scale... (fuck Elayne and her bathing scenes and Andorian royal troubles and fuck Perrin going full emo while Rand is trying to save the world)
>>
File: IUEKLG8.gif (1MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IUEKLG8.gif
1MB, 720x720px
>>85659843
>NOT /pol/ garbage.
Just remember when they have a M to F trannie using Saidar because trans women are real women, that /pol/ tried to warn you
>>
>>85663299
>you now remember the ghosts from So Habor

Undead spirits walking the earth and the biggest problem that came from it was weevils in the grain.
>>
>>85663299
the whole "women in tarabon" sequence made me want to quit reading on numerous occasions
>>
>>85663128
Brace yourself anon the first 3 books are great but then Jordan thought he could milk it (5 fucking books where exactly one significant plot point occurs in each and the rest is filler)
>>
>>85659843
>sony
LOL
>>
I'm on the 4th book. Pretty crazy story, Looking foreword to the TV BS, Dark Tower looks good also, I only made it to the 2nd book in that series.
>>
>>85663990
the first 4 books are great, yeah. wish jordan had only written 5
>>
>>85664071
Actually it's around books 8 or 9 that the series really starts to drag. Until then it's great.
>>
>>85664327
I agree, but I still think the story could have been successfully condensed into 5 fantastic books, rather than 4 great ones, then 3-4 ok ones, then a few bad ones, and then sanderson
>>
*sniffs*
>>
*tuggs braid*
>>
>>85663449
Honestly the biggest affront will probably be Rand banging 3 girls at the same time. Though they'll be fine with Green Sisters having droves of men magically bound to them and compelled to follow their will.

Logain forcibly capturing/binding those Red Sisters will be nice though if it ever goes that far.
>>
>>85666179
It has equality in harems. Seems fair to me.
>>
>>85659843
I don't see how they can do this live-action. At least with animation they can do all the effects and not have it feel cheap.
>>
>>85660904
As someone who's read the whole series this is a great change desu. The scope of WoT is too large for 10 episode seasons.
>>
>>85663990
around book 5 Robert Jordan realized the money was in keeping the series going, not wrapping it up, so he dragged it out and out and out and out and then he dies, leaving Brandon Sanderson to wrap it up.

Trolloc Army for the win
>>
They can fuck up the whole show as long as they get this one battle right
http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Dumai%27s_Wells
>>
>>85659843
Oh god I hope it isn't centered around Rand, equal amounts Perrin and Mat would be perfect.
>>
Who got raceswapped?
>>
>>85668722
They wont. Women get subverted, which we cant have in todays television.
>>
>>85669220
Matt is best character
>>
>>85660904
You're in serious trouble, buster
>>
>>85662578
*salutes oldfag meme*
>>
>>85662934
>Sanderson >>>> RJ
This. So much this. Is it just me or is the Wheel of Time the WORST fucking GARBAGE ever dumped on the pristine genre of fantasy? I know fantasy can get pretty bad, but this? This is trash. Utter, stinking trash. How do we get from Tolkien to this refuse? I'm outraged that this is getting a series and I have serious problems with it. I'm writing Sony. Fuck Sony and fuck the Wheel of Time. I hope this series fails. Worst series ever.
>>
>>85660593
Everyone knows them brown nerds are secret sloots.
>>
File: NOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (30KB, 417x280px) Image search: [Google]
NOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
30KB, 417x280px
>wheel of time show
YES ABOUT FUCKING TIME
>produced by Sony picutres
mfw
>>
I wrote Robert Jordan a letter when I was 13. He did not respond. I later found out that it was because he was dead :(
>>
>>85659843

i hope they incorporate emoji easter eggs into it
>>
>>85674931
underageb&
>>
I can't see how they would feel compelled to force SJW stuff in by changing characters races or adding strong females. Since those things are already present in the story in vast quantities.

We got swarthy Chinese(maybe Thai) fishermen with the Tairens
We got patriarchal Christian Spaniards with Amadicians
We got super feminist Italians with Altarans
We got run of the mill British folk with Andorans
We got strong black women seafarers with the Sea Folk
We got slutty Arabs with the Domani
We got autistic Japanese/French with the Cairhienin
We got aryan sand people super warriors with the Aiel
We got hot-blooded Jewish horsemen with the Saldeans
We got Viking Samurai people with Shienarans
We got Blonde Greeks with fireworks with the Taraboners
We got pacifist gypsy nomads with the Tuatha'an
We got the every race ever in Imperial China+United States talking with Texan dialects with the Seanchan

I suppose that leaves Illianers, Kandorians, Arafellin and Ghealdanin. We know Illianers speak with like a Scottish dialect and that they have dark hair. Kandorians are like Russian. No clue about Arafel or Ghealdan though.

There's also Tar Valon which is a melting pot of every nation. Rand loses an arm and Mat an eye so we have 2 main characters becoming disabled people. Mat marries a black and bald womanlet who knows kung fu and Perrin marries an angry Jew who almost NTRs him. There's also the gay old man Asha'man in the later books. And most of every single woman we meet is usually in some way domineering.

What more diversity could they possibly add. I just can't think of anything
>>
>>85669319
Mat is black now.
>>
>tfw you want to read the books but are wary of the dip in quality in the middle of the series

I'm scared of starting the Malazan series because of the first book, too.
>>
Lan Mandragoran is a bad ass. That is all.
>>
>>85675410
>They make Mat black
>They make Tuon blonde and blue eyed just so she can get Blacked
>>
>>85675119
You are now aware that Robert Jordan died 10 years ago
>>
>>85675522
Malazan improves with later books though.

>that fucking chapter with Beak
All the feels.
>>
>>85675522
They're not that bad if you aren't a fan in the 90s waiting 3 years between each book release
>>
I bet they make lan a nigger. Probably Perrin too
>>
>>85659843

Not that good. I got through the first book and it had some moments but generally not impressed.
>>
>>85661303

Fucking Ingtar man. That scene always gets me.
>>
>>85676123
It's one of my favorites but I grew up with it, played WoT MUDs, went to WoT cons and formed a lot of friendships based on it over the years. I can understand why you might not like it, though. Objectively there are numerous flaws, and it's pretty YA tier.

Anyway, even if we disagree, thanks for the polite response.
>>
>>85663517

This part pissed me off because the interesting part of what was happening (what Thom and Juilin were doing) was all off screen and we get two annoying bitches sitting at an inn.
>>
>>85668722

This first time I read The Battle of Dumai's Wells I had fucking goosebumps man.
>>
File: O.jpg (70KB, 842x1057px) Image search: [Google]
O.jpg
70KB, 842x1057px
>>85668722
>>85677005
>the front rank of the Shaido exploded
>>
>>85677351

ASH'MAN KILL
ROLLING RING OF EARTH AND FIRE
>>
>>85663449
From memory, isn't that categorically impossible? There are two men who can channel at one point reincarnated into female bodies, and they can still only use the male half.

It's even a plot point because said men-now-women use it to infiltrate the Aes Sedai without them being aware that they're channelers.

They'd have to actually change the entire function and story of a reasonably major plot arc to get around that.
>>
>>85668722
>>85677351
>>85677450
>Asha'man, kill!
>Perrin and a bunch of hardened Aiel throwing up from the brutality
>>
>>85677774
>There are two men who can channel at one point reincarnated into female bodies
Who besides Balthamel?
>>
>>85677774

You are correct. Although I'm pretty sure it's only once but yes. In essence the way it works is that every soul has a gender attached to it and he was basically a male soul placed into a female body. Channeling is a thing of the soul which is specifically told to Perrin by Lanfear in the last book.
>>
>>85659843
???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKUNrcfAeE4
>>
>>85677904
Oh, right. I thought it was Aginor as well, but he was Dashiva, wasn't he?
>>
>>85677941
>>85677774
>you can be trans, but only with the power of the Dark One
>>
>>85678043
Yeah. Also the funniest character in the series.
>>
File: 1465923483831.png (50KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1465923483831.png
50KB, 255x204px
>>85674335
very
>>
>>85678006

Daily reminder that Seda never existed
>>
>>85677838

Even Rand has to hide his revulsion at what he's created in that moment.

>A great sense of relief welled up inside Rand, though not enough to still the distant churning in his stomach. Min had her face pressed against his shirt; she was weeping. He smoothed her hair. "Asha'man"--he had never been more glad of the Void draining emotion from his voice--"you have done well. I congratulate you, Taim." He turned away so he would not have to see the carnage anymore, hardly hearing the cheers of "Lord Dragon!" and "ASHA'man!" that thundered from the black-coated men.
>>
>>85678112

Pretty much. The Dark One is Lord of the Grave and can force-reincarnate a soul.
>>
>>85678632
Is the Void autism?
>>
>>85660904
This would be amazing. Especially if it was an anime. I usually hate anime, but WoT is the series for it.
>>
>>85678780

The Void is a encapsulated state of being where emotion and pain don't really touch you. Both male and female channelers must enter it in order to channel the One Power.
>>
>>85661128
I can't wait for the #womencanberapiststoo #feminism
>>
>>85678923

Poor Matt. She literally rapes him at knifepoint.
>>
>>85678632
The scene after that always gives me chills. It's the best moment in the series. Every book these people have been incredibly high and mighty, and then "kneel or you will be knelt". Fuck man, it's just so viscerally satisfying.
>>
>>85678888
Female channelers have to open themselves up and surrender to saidar like a flower. They don't need to use the void, it's a different concept.
>>
>>85679233

I would say it's probably the best scene in the series.
>>
>>85679255
IIRC, the way Egwene described it, she's still entering an emotionless like state to get there. It's just that the mental imagery is different. Rand could probably enter the void with flower imagery too if he wanted.

Once in there, they become aware of saidar/saidin, and then the method of getting the power changes. Females surrender, males dominate.
>>
>>85679255

The surrender involved is about embracing serenity. If anything I would say the way they enter the void is different. If you remember all channelers in the Age of Legends used it, that called it the Oneness.
>>
>>85679003

Except Mat wants to get dat dick wet, he just doesn't want to do the rest of the shit involved.

Is it really rape if you don't object to the sex itself, just everything else involved in getting the sex?

It's certainly not a healthy arrangement, I will agree with that.
>>
>>85679389
What are some underrated scenes from this series? I liked:
>Rand getting pissed learning about Padan Fain's presence in the area in Crown of Swords
>Galad destroying Eamon Valda
>Noam being retarded due to wolfbrother overdose
>>
>ASR is too short to play Elayne

;_;
>>
>>85679645

>Perrin cutting off that Aiel's hand while searching for his wife
>Rand desperately trying to resuscitate that dead girl with Callandor
>Perrin forging his hammer
>Matt defeating the Seanchan hunting Tuon
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (59KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
59KB, 480x360px
>>85679849

I think we all know who would be best Elayne
>>
>>85679928
>any scene where Mat's medallion goes cold
>Mat learning his medallion can fuck up the gholam
>any Mat scene at all
>>
>>85679849
why is her face so hairy?
>>
>>85679928
>implying anything perrin did was good or enjoyable

They should just cut him out of the series. There are already too many characters. Nothing of value lost.
>>
>>85679849
>>85680117
>The exact use of the rod is unknown. The ter'angreal made Elayne think of fire when she held it, and when she channeled fire into the rod, she lost consciousness. Upon awakening, everyone refused to tell her what happened and struggled to keep from rolling on the floor laughing.
>>
>>85679455
It's described as calming and soothing, to put you in a better mindset for manipulating saidar.

For males it's the emptying of everything into a blank slate, at which point they become aware of saidin and then have to outright seize it. I seriously doubt that flower imagery would work for saidin, the mental concept is quite different. Saidar WANTS to come in, when Egwene goes through the rose imagery, and vanishes if forced. Saidin always has to be forced.
>>
>>85680226
>Ewin Finngar'ing Perrin
Faile is garbage but Perrin returning to the Two Rivers is awesome and wolfbrothers are cool
>>
>>85680226

>The scouring of the Two Rivers and the subsequent rise of Perrin as a leader was unenjoyable.

GOLDENEYES!
>>
>>85680248
What was this from and what did she do to herself?
>>
I want to spank Rand
>>
>>85680366

It's like sex. Women have to lie back and calmly accept being entered and men have to seize control and force their will.
>>
>>85680402
>>85680404

Perrin is garbagio
>>
>>85679645
Underrated scenes:
>Tam BTFO Cadsuane
>all the "oh fuck he's got a heron-mark blade" shenanigans
>Mat "I'm the Master of the Blades, and my blades are bare" Cauthon
>Nyn and Elayne apologising to Mat for being turbo cunts
>Rand scaring the Two Rivers girls in Caemlyn accidentally
>Faile doing for Masema which is coincidentally her only redeeming moment

>>85680117
Elayne doesn't have RBF though.
>>
>>85680424
The rod is as thick as a person's wrist, is bright red, and is smooth and round. It seems to be made from stone, though it is soft to the touch.
>>
>>85680248

I always wondered what happened here. It's a shame Aviendha never let us know what that ter'angreal does.
>>
File: actually but hang on maybe.gif (11KB, 730x413px) Image search: [Google]
actually but hang on maybe.gif
11KB, 730x413px
>>85680459
You know, that's probably the best way I've heard it described in a while.
>>
>>85680402
>>85680404
>boo hoo i'm huge and ripped and I have magical wolf powers I better be a mopey faggot and complain about it for nine books before I bother to do anything interesting

yeah, real awesome character you got there guys
>>
>>85679455
When Rand describes that he forms the void by getting rid of all emotion Egwene and Elayne are shocked because that's "nothing like" how they do it. They allow Saidar into their minds alongside everything else. They still need to be calm and focused sure, but it's nothing like the void.
>>
>>85679455
It's said frequently that no woman could teach a man how to touch the Power, because the method is completely different. I think the phrase is "birds can't teach fish to fly, nor fish teach birds to swim".
>>
>>85680587
>gets god powers and kills best character in the end
You know, I really fucking hate Perrin.
>>
>>85680572

If you read all those books and you're just now picking up on the sex metaphor you need to get your shit together.
>>
Honestly this series is super-depressing The entire world is our world stuck in a time loop mandated by god with no escape. Literally no one has free will and all of Human History and achievement will always be destroyed and Earth reduced to middle-ages fantasy land. Any attempt to rectify this turns out to be part of the cycle anyways. The Dark One will always come back and reduce humanity to crap no matter what we do. And if you think you'll just end it all the Dark One can never win because him getting his ass kicked and resealed will always happen. Even death is no freedom because you'll be reincarnated to live the same lives you always have for eternity.
>>
>>85681283
Yup, Ishy was right
>>
>>85680623

Hmm this is true. Now that I'm recalling I think Lanfear told Rand that ALL the people in the Age of Legends used the Void which makes sense because Rand's father can't channel but he learned the Void from his father who learned it from his Illianer sword-master.
>>
>>85681345
>autism
Is it possible to learn this power?
>>
>>85681314

Ishamael did nothing wrong.
>>
>>85680366
No dude, the flower imagery, the flame imagery, those are just ways to achieve the void, after which you can get your power using the surrender (female) or sieze (male) methods.
>>
>>85680623
No, I remember that exact scene. He describes two things: forming the void. Egwene and Elayne are like yep, we do something similar. Then he describes siezing saidin, and not letting it enter him freely, and then they're shocked.
>>
>>85681283
What happens if the Dragon balefires himself out of existence?
>>
>>85681283
Read the myth of sysiphus
>>
>>85681574
Now that you say that I can remember it. You're right. One of them also shivers over his description of seizing saidin through the layer of taint and it being an ocean of cold fire.

>underrated scene
>Rand scrubbing his hand through hair in anxiety over the idea of surrendering to saidin the way egwene is trying to get him to
>>
>>85681314
I wish he was But even he can't escape because the Dark One always loses. Trying to end the world will always fail because it already did fail when he did it the last time the exact same way, and him trying to end it all is what causes it not to end ad-infinitum. The real villain go WoT is god because even the Dark One cannot give us the merciful release of Oblivion
>>
>>85681579
He gets reborn again eventually.
>>
>>85681825
You are prepared for the 33rd shap.
>>
>>85681283
>The Dark One will always come back and reduce humanity to crap no matter what we do. And if you think you'll just end it all the Dark One can never win because him getting his ass kicked and resealed will always happen.
There are varying degrees of victory. Sometimes the Dragon has been killed before he finishes his job, or made into the champion of the Dark One instead, which comes out at a draw. But every time so far, the Creator's Champion has won, because the Dark One winning means all reality, past, present, and future, is remade in his own image, as he pleases, forever. They just have to keep fighting the good fight.

>>85681579
Probably a lot of very bad things, because the Dragon is one of the individuals bound to the Wheel and spun out for a specific purpose, similarly to the Heroes of the Horn or perhaps the Gambler.

That said, the Creator does speak twice in the series, so he *might* step in and fix the Pattern so the Dragon can reappear in that case. Maybe.

Do we ever actually find out what the Horn is and how/why it does what it does? It seems like something far older than the Age of Legends, like the Rhuidean pillars, but surely it must have been studied in the Age of Legends at some point.
>>
>>85681684
Reminds me of the first time we saw men and women channelers linked and they got to feel the other type of power for the first time:
>men
>wow saidar is so peaceful, this is incredible! I can see forever!
>women
>JESUSFUCKWHATTHEFUCKHOWDOYOUDOTHISSHIT
>>
>>85681825
That's why Ishamael was completely right. Every other Forsaken turned out of emotion where he made the cold logical decision that no matter how many times the wheel turns, no matter how many ages pass, no matter how many losses the Dark One suffers, he only needs to win a SINGLE time to shape reality in his favor. And he has infinite chances to do so while the forces of Light need to win every single battle for eternity or they're all doomed, even retroactively.
>>
>>85682086
Yeah he was always different from the others and that's why the Dark One made him the chosen one. The others were dupes, they had to be seduced into doing his bidding while thinking they were merely fulfilling their own desires, but Ishamael used logic and reason to reach the conclusion that serving him was the only moral, sane choice.
>>
>If someone is balefired, the Dark One can't reincarnate them. But they CAN be spun back out into the Wheel as normal. Balefire is NOT the eternal death of the soul.
-Bob Jordan
>>
>>85682074
>Egwene's face when Rand tell her how he Travels and she's like "literally not possible I'd fucking die"
>>
>>85682219
underrated as fuck
>>
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I'm sure of it. Come. It is time to die.”
>>
>>85682012
>Do we ever actually find out what the Horn is and how/why it does what it does? It seems like something far older than the Age of Legends, like the Rhuidean pillars, but surely it must have been studied in the Age of Legends at some point.

This is an amazing question that has always rested in the back of my mind and that I have never gotten a good answer for.
>>
>>85682012
Horn of Valear seems like something Jordan came up with very early on in the planning stages that never got properly explained with everything else in the story. He apparently had a shit ton of notes but maybe he forgot to go back and write about it some more, or maybe Sanderson just couldn't find it or if he did couldn't find any time to squeeze it in.
>>
>>85682012
>>85682596
The Horn is a ter'angreal which creates powerful holograms
>>
>>85682074
Not to mention
>OHLIGHTTHATSTHETAINTOHFUCKTHATSHITWITHARUSTYSWORD
Shame the follow-up book was pretty shit, but given what was going on, it kind of makes sense that 2/3 of the subsequent book would just be every single channeler on the planet going "holy shit what the fuck is that".
>>
>>85659843
>Don't post about raceswapping. This thread is about the upcoming Wheel of Time television series brought to us by Sony, NOT /pol/ garbage.
Why, who did they make black?
>>
>>85682709
>implying Sanderson expended any effort looking through the notes
>>
>>85682733

I'm gonna need a source on that. I've read these books many times and never seen any mention of it being a ter'angreal.
>>
>>85682012
>>85682086
My personal theory is that the job of dragon is voluntary. Rand could give up if he wanted, and the creator would move onto a new prison idea. But as long as Rand/The Dragon have the will to fight in those final crucial moments, the wheel will keep on going, and there isn't anything the Dark One can do about it, because the game is rigged.

And the wheel does rig the system. It throws beautiful women at the Dragon. I bet everyone of them is super into Rand's fetishes too.

The creator isn't some cosmic slave driver. The structure of the wheel, and of reincarnation is meant to be seen as a positive.
>>
>>85682750
Tuon
>>
>>85682786
It sounds like a BS fan theory.
>>
>>85682837
10/10
>>
>>85682786
Original research. It's a device which performs magic which can be used without channeling the Power into it. It's a ter'angreal. Prove otherwise.
>>
>>85682744
I think that is what made me love Nynaeve: she helped Cleanse the taint, she was hand picked by Rand to do it, and she never once bragged about it. Not once. They would have built fucking statues of her for the next 10,000 years if she made her part in that known, yet she never said a goddamn word.
>>
>>85682709

I would agree with that assessment. There is a lot of stuff that doesn't fit neatly into the story. Wolf brother ability, Hurin's violence detection ability, Min's seer ability, the Ogier, everything about Shadar Logoth, relics from before the Age of Legends, the portal stones, the Aelfinn/Eelfinn. There's a lot in the series that isn't just chalked up to the One Power and even the Aes Sedai don't really know anything about them. The Horn a Valere is like that I guess.
>>
>>85682733
It's not a ter'angreal. As far as anything has ever been said about it, it doesn't use the One Power at all.

It does have the Old Tongue written on its side though, and the Old Tongue was from the Age of Legends or around the end of the First Age. But then, that could have been added to the Horn. And the Heroes that the Horn calls clearly reference many, many summonings and spinnings out into the Pattern, far more than could even be accounted for over three Ages.

On top of that, the Horn doesn't call every person bound to the Wheel. It doesn't call Mat, even though he's also bound to the Wheel (as the Gambler based on Memory of Light, and there's a reference that in a previous life he was saved by Lews Therin), because he doesn't want to be bound to it.

Did Perrin ever interact much with the heroes? It'd be interesting to know if he's bound to the Horn.
>>
>>85683117
The random skills people have never really seemed out of place. Even the wolf brother stuff didn't seem as out of place as the Horn. The Horn just sort of existed. Its origins never explained, how it works never explained. It seemed like something from an earlier draft of the story.
>>
Underrated:
>Mat making no attempt to hide how quickly he grasped the reason Egwene had been elected despite going to great lengths to conceal his true character and intellect

>>85683036
That's because right to the end she was a red-haired angel whose primary objective was to protect the Emond's Fielders from the big bad world.
>>
>>85682891

Well if it predates the Aes Sedai then it can't be a ter'angreal since they were all created by them in the Age of Legends. The Horn of Valere already existed in the Age of Legends according the the flashback Rand experiences in Rhuidean. I would say there's a good argument for it not being a ter'angreal.
>>
>>85683216
Nynaeve truly is a sweetheart. Going back and reading the early parts of the story, it's amazing how I never noticed the bluster in her behavior. She tries so hard to be taken seriously, it's adorable.
>>
>>85683216
Brown hair I think, not red.

>that moment when a lot of it is burned away during her Aes Sedai test and she realises she can't tug it any more
>>
>>85682709
What we know about it:

1. Heroes are bound to the wheel and chill out in Dreamworld. It seems to be somewhat voluntary, Mat qualifies as a hero (presumably), but doesn't want it, and Hawking confirms that Mat isn't bound in the same way. The Dragon is bound in this way.

2. The heroes will come when summoned, but won't take orders from dark friends.

3. The heroes can be broken free from this cycle with magic. See Birgitte. Doing so causes their memories to start fading eventually.

4. Wolves count too.

5. Trollocs and other sentient dark creatures don't.

I think it might just be a fact of the world, just like saidin and saidar are.
>>
>>85683216
Mat styling on everybody cause they keep underestimating him is the best.
>that moment Tuon realizes Mat isn't some boy toy but is actually really fuckin dangerous
>>
>>85683175

I think a lot of stuff was added to the story and left without any real explanation to weave this concept that time has no beginning and all of this stuff has always been around but remained unknown to most. All these special abilities and things that seem magical but aren't connected to the One Power leave room in the narrative to add whatever you want as a writer with no need to explain it beyond a brief conversation with an Aes Sedai in the scene saying it's been studied but they don't really know anything about it.
>>
>>85683315
>2. The heroes will come when summoned, but won't take orders from dark friends.
Some heroes can even BE Darkfriends, or recovering Darkfriends. Jain Farstrider is a good example.

>3. The heroes can be broken free from this cycle with magic. See Birgitte. Doing so causes their memories to start fading eventually.
Yeah, but even if they're broken free from it and then die temporarily, they just go back to the Dreamworld again, they aren't actually unbound from the Wheel or the Horn. We got confirmation of that first when Min saw an ocean's worth of images surrounding her in Caemlyn, then when she died and came back in full hero regalia in the last book.
>>
>>85683117
This is a dumb post. There's a lot of magic that isn't analyzable in WoT and it's intentional. This isn't an oversight, it's intentional.
>>
>>85683239
Nothing can predate anything. It was a ter'angreal before ter'angreals existed.
>>
>>85683315
>>85682733
>>85682012
Jordan said this about its age:

>The Horn of Valere was known in the Age of Legends, though it was an artifact of an earlier age, but it was never used in the Age of Legends. In part, this was because there wasn't any need in an Age that knew universal peace, but also it was because what it could do was considered a sort of myth by most people in that Age. No one who is serious spends time trying to test out whether a myth might be real. (Seen anybody sacrificing a white bull to Jupiter lately?) And once the Dark One touched the world, before the War of the Shadow actually began, the Horn was among the items lost, and thought destroyed, in the first rush of mob violence, terrorism etc. So it wasn't available for use then even had someone wanted to try. It was later recovered and sealed up with the Dragon Banner because along with the Foretellings that made up the Prophecies of the Dragon was one saying that it must be.

>In any case, the story of the Horn was carried on through the Age of Legends in the same way that myths are today, and magnified thereafter though the twisting that occurs in the telling and retelling of a story. And believe me, stories about the Dragon Reborn and the Prophecies and everything concerned with them were rife during the Breaking. When everything is going to hell around them, people cling to anything and everything that might offer hope. That is how the Breaking could end with tales of the Dragon Reborn and the Prophecies already on many peoples' lips.
>>
>>85683315
6. It's a ter'angreal
>>
>>85683527
This is pretty unbelievable. He's telling me nobody blew that thing just for shits and giggles?
>>
>>85683527
>it was an artifact
confirmed ter'angreal
>>
>>85683527
It's probably from before the First Age, something from the previous cycle entirely. If what it can do was considered a myth, then we compare it with what we know of the time differences, specifically the stories Thom says of the First Age as "myths" then it's a reasonable bet that it comes from the Sixth or Seventh Age of the previous turning. Possibly even earlier, if that's even possible.
>>
File: rand.jpg (65KB, 450x389px) Image search: [Google]
rand.jpg
65KB, 450x389px
>Rand kneels before the Crystal Throne because his ego is not more important than the fat of the world
>literally the only character who would have done this

>>85683305
>Brown hair I think, not red.

My world, upside down. This is because I've read the books and attempted to read the books so many times that I don't even skim descriptions of people/clothes/places anymore, I just skip them. Reading the whole series is really fast that way.
>>
>>85683464

I wasn't implying oversight. I felt he did it in purpose. It's a good writing tool and it makes the world seem infinitely ancient.
>>
>>85683552
It is not a ter'angreal. It does not utilise the One Power in any discernible fashion.
>>
>>85683609
>literally the only character who would have done this
in defense of the rest of the world, he only does this having made peace with the fact that he's basically god and that these people around him couldn't touch him if they wanted to
>>
>>85683649
It's a tel'aran'rhiod ter'angreal. Probably too sophisticated for your simple mind to comphrehend.
>>
>>85683603

>Ter'angreal are tools, created during the Age of Legends, that perform a specific function. Some of them had to be used with the Power, and could only be used by Aes Sedai. Others could just be touched, or used by anyone.
After the Breaking, a few ter'angreal remain but for many, no one knows what the original purposes for them were. Research in this area are limited due to dangers that come with ter'angreal. A few researchers have been killed or burned out while studying, or working with them.
>Ter'angreal are tools, created during the Age of Legends

The writer's definition of a ter'angreal.
>>
>>85683609
>rand traveling to Seanchan to destroy it because he just attempted to murder his own father and everything is falling apart, and oh my creator everyone is happy here what am I doing
>rand fed up with the world, ready to end it all
>lews therin, in a moment of clarity, defines why the struggle is worth it

I love that scene.
>>
>>85682837
>brown loli empress who is actually 18 ;^)
WoT truly had everything.
>>
File: 1497308894272.png (13KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1497308894272.png
13KB, 645x773px
>>85683873
>Mat gets to fug a milf queen for weeks then marries a little brown girl
it's not fair
>>
>>85683742
Funny, seems to describe the Horn of Valere to a T, except for its age.
>>
>>85683742
Aviendha can sense and detect the purpose of ter'angreal, too, but when she tries sensing the Rhuidean pillars (another "ter'angreal"-esque artifact from before the Age of Legends) she senses that it's far more than a creation, and is alive with a will of its own in some way.

I don't know if she ever tried her talent on the Horn, but evidently they'd be far more than "mere" ter'angreal.
>>
>Rand in the box
>Nynaeve capturing Moghedien
>>
>>85683918

It doesn't use the One Power to function, therefore it's not a ter'angreal.
>>
>>85683981
So the horn is a sa'ter'angreal
>>
>>85684051
No, it doesn't use the One Power.
>>
>>85684044
Lews, can you even read?
>>
>>85684083
>Ter'angreal are tools, created during the Age of Legends, that perform a specific function. Some of them had to be used with the Power, and could only be used by Aes Sedai. Others could just be touched, or used by anyone.
Hey dude, did you post this?
>>
>>85684083
Thank you.
>>
>>
>>85684142

That's the Standing Flows.

>Standing flows were a series of weaves from the Age of Legends that apparently allowed non-channelers to utilize most ter'angreal.
>>
>>85684266
Do a'dam utilize the standing flows? Take your time
>>
>>85683315
Also worth noting that the Dragon isn't always serving in the role of the Champion, though he's bound to the Horn. Sometimes they're spun out for other reasons to suit the age. Hawkwing alludes to it when he talks about sometimes fighting alongside the Dragon, and sometimes against. So even in the scenario where the Champion is turned to the Dark One like >>85683431 and >>85682012 say, the Wheel can spin out more Heroes to oppose them.

The Dark One's attempts to break free really are rigged against him. Even if he subverts the Champion, another Hero can be spun out to oppose him.

It would be interesting to know what form the Heroes would have taken if they were summoned during the Age of Legends. They appear to take on the form of their latest incarnations.
>>
As stated in >>85683527
Jordan said this about its age:

>The Horn of Valere was known in the Age of Legends, though it was an artifact of an earlier age
>>
>>85684319
They only work on/with channelers anyway. It would be an interesting speculation on whether an a'dam in the Age of Legends could have restrained anybody via the use of the Standing Flows like >>85684266
says though, or if they'd still have to be able to channel in the first place. The a'dam didn't exist then from memory, it was created in Seanchan.
>>
>>85684319

Have you even read these books? A'dam are only usable on a channeler. If you put it on a noncahnneler it doesn't do anything. It utilizes the One Power and can only be used by someone who can channel on someone who can channel.
>>
>>85684326
Personally, I think in the scenario where the dragon turns to the dark side, he gets killed, and then his eternal incarnation would be summoned with the horn.
>>
>>85684402
>>85684425
Do a'dam require flows of the Power to work? Take your time.
>>
>>85684471

Well an a'dam works by forcing the wearer into a link with the sul'dam who also has to have the ability to channel. It utilizes the One Power of the person chained with it.
>>
>>85684549

An a'dam is very similar to a forced circle with the one holding the leash directing the flows from the one collared. Plus a few other side benefits for restraining purposes.
>>
>>85684549
>>85684571
Does one need to channel the Power into this device, or does the device require access to the Standing Flows, in order to operate? Take your time.
>>
>rand bonds his women and they're floored by the amount of pain he puts up with
>even alanna "psycho the rapist" mosvani mentions this
>>
How come /tv/ has much better discussions for WoT than /sffg/ on /lit/? They even advertise themselves as being less pretentious than the rest of /lit/ yet they shit on anything remotely popular like WoT.
>>
>>85684870
>/lit/ has never figured out that the Horn of Valere was a ter'angreal
/tv/ is best board of all boards
>>
>>85684863
>psycho cunt aes sedai ask Alana why she didn't try to compel rand through the bond
>psycho rapist alana responds that she did, but he didn't even notice it.
>>
>>85684326
If the Horn is blown and Rand is on the other side of the fight, it causes a rift in the Pattern. They always have to follow the Dragon, but they will never fight for the Shadow. Creates a paradox.
>>
>>85684987
Still mad they never answered the question of whether that was because he can channel or just because of his personality.
>>
tuon is white
>>
>>85685232

I think they do answer that question indirectly when the Aes Sedai go to bond Asha'man and find they can't be compelled through the bond.
>>
*tug's braid*
>>
>>85685281
undeniably true
>>
>>85685232
>>85685304
I like to believe it's both. Rand was a hard fucker.
>>
File: tuon.jpg (106KB, 1191x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tuon.jpg
106KB, 1191x1600px
>>85685315
Here is an accurate artists depiction of Tuon
>>
>>85685351
based Tuon
>>
>>85685341
This is true, though so was Lan and Moiraine was able to compel him through the bond.
>>
*Smooths skirt*
>>
>>85685304
Logain can pressure the Aes Sedai he bonds.

It's probably a bit of both, with maybe the male bond being stronger/different.
>>
>there will never be a spinoff/continuation of Mat traveling to Seanchan and navigating the complex political atmosphere as he convinces them to be slightly less crazy.
>>
>>85685550
Hawkwing has a long talk with Tuon at the end of the last book. I think it's implied that he was setting her straight about a number of the fuckups that happened in Seanchan culture over the years.
>>
>>85685537
They specifically say the male bond is different but later on when the Red Ajah is there to bond men they mention that the men can't be compelled with the warder bond.

>>85685550
This haunts me.
>>
best scene is when rand meets queen morgase
>>
>there will never be a wacky buddy comedy spinoff of a Red sister who inadvertently warder bonds a myrdrraal
>>
its an egwene dream chapter

>skip to the next chapter about mat
>>
>>85685641
>one of them is a horrible creature that has never known love, and the other is a myrdraal!
>>
>>85685678
At a certain point I realized it was pointless to try and decipher her dreams.
>something something bird symbolism something something fire and dark clouds
>>
>>85665851
*smoothes skirt*
>>
>>85683156
>But then, that could have been added to the Horn.
It was added in the AoL, there's a RJ interview quote about it somewhere, and I think a flashback memory scene in one of the books. The Horn pre-dates the AoL, all knowledge of the Power, and has no known origin. Even in the AoL it was pure myth what it did, probably gathering dust in a museum somewhere.
>>
>>85685779
*strokes mustaches*
>>
>>85685807
*knuckles mustaches*
>>
>>85685641
I don't think I'd term it a comedy spinoff.

>It would be possible, but hardly wise because of the sharing of emotions. It is exceedingly likely that anyone who had a knot of Myrddraal emotions in his or her head, even to the small degree caused by the Warder bond, would very soon go insane. Myrddraal may contain human stock, but they are definitely not human. I don't think even Padan Fain could survive that without going madder than he already is.
>>
>>85685783
Time is a circuit so none of that matters and the horn is obviously a ter'angreal so I'm not sure why you darkfriends keep pretending it's not when it clearly is
>>
>>85685678
>it's a power puff girls adventure chapter
>it's a perrin is confused by faile chapter

Any of these, I skip. I actually haven't read most of book 3.
>>
>>85685702
kek
>>
>>85685881
I didn't say anything about it being a ter'angreal or not there though, brother of the light. But if it is one, then it's more akin to a tool of the Pattern than a tool of the Power.
>>
>>85680226
Look, Faile sucks, but Perrin is a pretty chill dude with some cool powers.
>>
File: Padan_Fain.png (147KB, 250x335px) Image search: [Google]
Padan_Fain.png
147KB, 250x335px
I'm a dark friend.

I scrawl the dragons fang on peoples doors at night.
>>
>>85685783
Plenty of stuff pre-dates the Age of Legends. Portal Stones were made in the First Age as well.
>>
>>85686063
Portal stones are ter'angreal
>>
>>85680226
Perrin has his good moments. The problem is that his wife is about as likeable as Keiko from star trek, and he was as unreasonably obsessed with her as O'Brien was.

He would have been 10 times better if jordan actually went through with the infidelity plot and he stuck with berelain.
>>
>it's a Elaida ensures that it will be another 2000 years before a red sister is elected amyrlin once again chapter
>>
>>85685964
*scrawls dragon fang on your families door*

*alerts the white cloaks*
>>
>>85686072
I KNEW there was trekthread/wothread crossover! I KNEW IT!
>>
>>85686087
>calls Children whitecloaks
You are no true follower of the Light. Probably a darkfriend.
>>
>>85686070
Channelers are ter'angreal
>>
>>85686081
What does the red ajah even do afterwards anyways? Wouldn't they just disband?
>>
>>85686190
Gang rape Cenn Buie
>>
>>85686072
Berelain was a surprisingly brilliant character, but Sanderson completely aborted the end of her character arc when he took over. He completely failed to catch on to the fact that Demandred and Graendal were in cahoots too and accidentally retconned that.
>>
>>85682086
But those infinite tries will always be the same because no new matter/information/whatever is entering the system from outside. It's a closed system so even though the Dark One only needs to win once that once can never happen.
>>
>>85686259
Sanderson was a genius and the savior of Wheel of Time. He may have made mistakes, but they were few and far between. Brandon Sanderson is a great author and the hero of Randland.
>>
>>85686190
Most of them were executed. You remember that small thing at the start of the series where Moiraine talks about how rare it's become for them to find men who can channel?
They were still finding them. They were being turned with Myrddraal more often than not though. Like 85% of the reds were darkfriends.
>>
>>85685964
>>85685870
Oh, here we go:

>I've recently started yet another re-read of the series with my wife, and I got to thinking about the Horn of Valere (rhymes with full-AIR)...or Valere (full-EAR)—and once again, I sometimes flip back and forth between the way I originally heard it and the way it probably should be pronounced—but how does the Horn function? Is it actually an old ter'angreal, or is it completely unrelated to the One Power?

>MARIA SIMONS
>Okay...we don't really know. No one really knows. It's an ancient artifact, probably not a ter'angreal.

So probably not ter'angreal. Still could be, just probably not. Jordan also said on his blog once:

>You might say that mortals made the Horn of Valere. They certainly weren't gods.

It's just one of those things that nobody really knows because if Jordan knew any more than what he wrote down in his notes, then he kept it in his head.
>>
>sect of powerful women allows their own members to form a man-hating club
>it goes wrong

Just like real life.
>>
>>85682826
Robert Jordan obviously didn't intend for the time loop and the god that made it to be bad things, but it's one of those things where an author clearly didn't think through the ramifications of what he was writing. The thought that the world system he made erases free will honestly never occurred to him. Anyone who wants to end the cycle is portrayed as morally evil or at least misguided, but when you think about it the protagonists really should be trying to find a way to end the Groundhog Day that is their reality.
>>
>>85686452
Dude, fuck Maria Simons.
>>
>>85686473
He thought about it in-depth. This series is like a bible of freemasonry. You're the one who hasn't thought about things enough. Your stupid post is laughable.
>>
>>85686473
>when you think about it the protagonists really should be trying to find a way to end the Groundhog Day that is their reality.

Why?
>>
>>85686473
>The thought that the world system he made erases free will honestly never occurred to him

It doesn't. It's touched on in two parts. One where Moiraine is explaining the pattern to Rand (If I want to live on the farm, or in the village, the pattern can accept that, but if I wanted to be a King..), and a second time at the end, when Rand creates a reality without Evil, and everyone is basically soulless, nice-nice Zombies who are no different to people who have been turned using Myrddral.

Events repeat themselves, people are born and reborn, but every weaving is unique. Infinite repetition, but also infinite variation.
>>
>>85686488
But anon, her favourite scene in the books is a Mat scene and Mat is her favourite character. How can you hate that?
>>
>>85662934
I'm excited to see where the Stormlight Archive ends up going

Kaladin and Shallan are a lot of fun to read, especially their interactions together in the second book. I hope she doesn't end up with that chad Adolin
>>
File: 1415638301449.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1415638301449.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
>>85686590
>Shallan
>Fun to read
>>
>>85686473
You should read the Myth of Sisyphus.
>>
>>85686558
I also took Moiraine's explanation to mean that variation by increments would be quite possible.

e.g.
>I want to live in town instead of on the farm
>I'm now making money as a trader and will move to Baerlon instead
>I have become even more successful and will move to Caemlyn
>>
>>85686590
Adolin's great though, are you just intimidated by him?

>Melali gave Adolin a pointed glare. What had he done to annoy her, again? It had been forever since they'd courted.
>"How's your sister?"
>"Off limits."
>Oh, right. That was what he'd done. Honest mistake.
>>
>>85683796
That scene helped me through some dark times, no meme
>>
Welp, I'm crying right now. I know for a fact that the Horn of Valere is a ter'angreal but some asshole had to bring my ex Maria into the debate. It's not fair. She's a fucking bitch and doesn't know anything about ter'angreal. I hate her. She's not even a real fan. Fuck Maria and fuck this thread.
>>
>>85686619
To each their own. I thought her bants with Kaladin were great.

>>85686678
The only time I liked Adolin was at the end of book 2. He just seemed really bland the rest of the time, I hope that that scene becomes important to his character in the long run.
>>
>aiel going fucking nuts around rand cause he just revealed their secret history
>he calms them down by making it rain for the first time in thousands of years on the aiel sands.
>>
File: cheryl.jpg (182KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
cheryl.jpg
182KB, 1280x1920px
>>85680117
You are wrong
>>
File: PerrinAybara.jpg (384KB, 1885x1885px) Image search: [Google]
PerrinAybara.jpg
384KB, 1885x1885px
>>85679928
>>85680404
>Perrin forging his hammer
>>
>>85680117
>>85686849
Elayne has big boobs though or are we just not caring about shit like that
>>
Who cares about elayne, cast min.
>>
>>85687245
Nobody cares about Elayne she's a shit character.
>>
>>85681579
Someone draw this suicide pepe pls
>>
>>85687264
This. Never learned from her mistakes, walked into like the exact same kind of trap 4 times in the series. Only Egwene was a worse cunt.
>>
>>85680517
I dont get it. Is it a dildo?
>>
>>85687298
I will honestly admit that at the start of the series I hated Nynaeve and liked Elayne, but by the end of it Nynaeve was best Two Rivers girl by miles.
>>
>>85687264
>>85687298
Yeah but can we please accurately cast the series.
>>
>>85685856

*looks ageless*
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (484KB, 938x807px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
484KB, 938x807px
>rand becoming so fucking hard that the world begins bending to his whims.
>>
>>85687343
Nynaeve is abrasive and rubs most people the wrong way at first, but you end up realizing she's awesome eventually. Egwene though is pretty irredeemable.
>>
>>85687314
It made her cum buckets
>>
File: BpJEy-xIMAAXcUh[1].jpg (56KB, 550x708px) Image search: [Google]
BpJEy-xIMAAXcUh[1].jpg
56KB, 550x708px
>>85687365
*contemplates duty, and the weight of mountains*
>>
The reason I'd watch it is to figure out how you pronounce half the shit in this book series.
>>
>>85687377
Egwene is redeemed by her chapters in 11+ on.
>>
>>85687403

*winces at the wound in his side*
*ponders the heron branded on his hand*
*listens to a dead man cackling in his head*
*broods*
>>
File: stupid tats.jpg (12KB, 226x300px) Image search: [Google]
stupid tats.jpg
12KB, 226x300px
How are they gunna deal with the tats lads?
>>
>>85687440
*has loud argument with voice in his head in front of important advisors*
>>
>>85687450
They will have him wear long sleeves and gloves so the make-up artist doesn't have too much work.
>>
>>85687440
*enters the void*
>>
File: glossary.png (253KB, 1893x849px) Image search: [Google]
glossary.png
253KB, 1893x849px
>>85687422
There's literally a glossary at the end of every book with phonetic guides on how to pronouce everything.
>>
>>85687440
*makes himself rock no steel no cuendillar, no harder than cuendillar*
>>
>>85687422
Did you never read the appendix?
>>
>>85683117
>There is a lot of stuff that doesn't fit neatly into the story.
"sometimes the pattern changes things, what is old comes again, sometimes it spins out new things". tl;dr sometimes people end up with inexplicable magical abilities because the pattern decides "I want this person to be able to smell violence, if it pans out well I'm going to make a lot more people able to smell violence". Then it forgets about it for a few hundred millenia.
>>
>>85687422
>Oh no! The Shay-ee-do AYE-EEL have captured Fay-EEL!
>>
File: 1444186024394.jpg (60KB, 343x317px) Image search: [Google]
1444186024394.jpg
60KB, 343x317px
>Nynaeve is canonically very tiny, so small she is mistaken for a youth by most people
>Lan is very big, almost as tall as Rand who is 6'6
This does all kinds of things to my dick.
>>
File: reet.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
reet.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>85687508
I just grabbed one of the books and you're right.

How the sweet fuck did I miss this so many times over the course of over a dozen books that I've reread at least once.
>>
>>85661303
i don't even remember this or who igntar was and I read the books only like a year ago. What a forgettable fucking series lmao
>>
AMA
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (154KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
154KB, 680x850px
>>85687665
Whose you're WoT waifu? Claim them before someone else does.

Pic related
>>
File: rolok.jpg (84KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
rolok.jpg
84KB, 480x360px
>>85687508
i've pronounced Amyrlin wrong all these years
>>
>>85687665

Who are the bustiest characters and their cup sizes?

Who trims and who is natural?
>>
>>85687720
Tuon (White) and moraine
>>
>>85687366
Everyone shits on Rand for being emo but I fucking love him. His whole struggle to make himself into what he thinks he needs to be to get the job done, and his eventual realisation that hard =/= strong is actually my favourite part of the whole series.
>>
>>85687641

I probably don't even remember 1/10th of the series just because it's so ridiculously long.
>>
>>85687434
>Egwene is redeemed by repeated spanking play

>>85687377
I found the way she got married to Lan pretty hilarious. One has to obey the other in public, and role is reversed in private. Nynaeve chose to be in charge in public, so Lan gets to be in charge in private.

>would you choose public or private
>>
>>85685620
>OHSHITHEHASAHERONMARKBLADE
>[panic attack ensues]
I like how the mood of everyone in the room just shifts right there. Everyone starts to panic and look at him as a legitimate threat that could beat half a dozen of them to death with his fists and kill the whole room if he got his hands around a sword.
>>
>>85687638
Jordan said in a couple of interviews that he was disappointed nobody read the glossaries. There's a good deal of information in them that's surprisingly relevant.
>>
>>85687762
Moraine is the busiest and she's a "C" small for WoT's female characters.

Thankfully their are lot of busty characters in WoT its a gunna be a show for a tit guy.

Although Min has a nice ass.
>>
>>85687771
Rand is my favorite character, I just think his chapters dragged a bit in the middle. And it is fun to shit on that cliche a bit.
>>
>>85687720
>Canon slut, sleeps with a bunch of fat old Tairen lords to keep them form invading Mayene
>Initially presented as an antagonist to the other girls in the series
>As the series goes on she turns out to be one of the most competent and capable women around
>Then Sanderson came along and threw literally all of her characterization in the trash because she wasn't a pure virgin waifu and she offended his mormon morals

Goddammit.
>>
>>85687720
Lanfear

:^)
>>
File: Moiraine_Damodred.jpg (170KB, 938x797px) Image search: [Google]
Moiraine_Damodred.jpg
170KB, 938x797px
>>85687720
Claiming.
>>
>>85687720
Verin
>>
>>85687820
All I remember is she got a huge ladyboner for galad. Did something else happen?
>>
>>85687720

Queen MILF Tylin. Rip.
>>
>>85687803

What if Rand could just... Will a sword into being... With his mind... Lulz.
>>
>>85687861
see>>85687770

"psssh nothing personal""
>>
>>85687633
Just checked the fact book
>Nynaeve is 5'4" and looks permanently 20 years old
>Lan is 6'5" and built like a brick shithouse
>>
>>85687771
Rand was the only character i cared about
>>
>>85687893
No pic, so yours didn't count.
>>
>>85687770
>tuon (white)

And all credibility lost right there.
>>
>>85660904
Thats pretty much the only way it could work
>>
>>85687893
>he thinks he can have two waifus
>>
>>85687811
I'll make sure to flip through it, I don't remember fucking anything since I haven't even thought about the series in almost half a decade now.

>>85687817
>Jordan is a titty man confirmed.

expecting T H I C C
>>
>>85659843
What is this show? Are there any niggers or homos on it? If yeah then I won't watch it.
>>
>>85687913
Making shit up

>>85687926
Lol tuon was always white mate.

>>85687949
In the WoT universe your allowed up to 3 waifus
>>
>>85687882
He doesn't start doing that until the third novel.
>>
>>85687993
Their are no black people in Wheel of Time and no homo's.
>>
>>85688005
The Dragon is allowed a harem because he's the Dragon, you're just a poster on an anonymous Korean basketweaving photo board.
>>
>>85662934
Robert Jordan at his best is far better than Sanderson but Sanderson is more consistent, whereas RJ will write 50 pages of utter shit for each page of brilliance. I really wish he had gotten to finish the series.
>>
>>85688031
The seanchan are a multiethnic state, of which many are black, including tuon.

There are tons of lesbians in WoT. The white tower is built on a foundation of apprentices experimenting with each other.
>>
>>85688071
Why would you seriously respond to such obvious bait?
>>
>>85688050
Experts are allowed up to 3.
>>
>>85688091
You're correct, I should just filter the name. I will end my life in repentence as soon as I am sure the thread is in good hands, my Empress.
>>
>>85673279
RJ can write good but his editor needed to be executed. The entire point of a good editor is to keep the writer on track and to eliminate any time wasting dead ends so common in Jordans work.
>>
>>85688104
>implies expert
>posts white Tuon
>>
>>85688071
No the seanchan are asian and eurasian.
>>
File: Nynaeve_2.jpg (126KB, 520x650px) Image search: [Google]
Nynaeve_2.jpg
126KB, 520x650px
>>85687633
This pleases me.

>reminder that Nynaeve's name is a direct reference to the Lady of the Lake, and Lan as king of Malkier is the Lord of the Lakes
>>
>>85688213
>she will never tug at her braid as shes tugging at your dick

why live
>>
thats friggin awesome
>>
>>85687861
All those ebook covers were fucking 10/10
>>
>>85688237
Live for the moment when you can have a Sea Folk marriage, anon. Then you can choose dominance in private, and tell your wife to do whatever the fuck you want her to do and she has to do it.
>>
File: 1501301649390.jpg (56KB, 1007x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501301649390.jpg
56KB, 1007x720px
>>85688478
>>
>>85662934
>>85673279
>>85662934
You have got to be fucking kidding me. Sanderson is a prolific and consistent writer but every single one of his books are exactly the same. I can go back to the last 3 books of WoT and pinpoint exactly which scenes he wrote by writing style alone.

The Way of Kings is his best book ever because he didn't follow his generic formula, or at least hid it well enough with the world building and characters. Words of radiance was a disappointment because he couldn't do the same. I hope Oathbreaker changes my mind about him.
>>
>>85664071
>>85664327
>>85665329
I think the plot stalled at a certain point, but I was never bored. The filler was entertaining enough to make me think the people whining just had ADHD unless you waited for them to be released one at a time, that would have been hell
>>
File: 1441805116613.jpg (9KB, 222x216px) Image search: [Google]
1441805116613.jpg
9KB, 222x216px
>tfw comfy WoT thread has survived already half a day
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.