[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, /tv/? Which one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: chaplin-keaton.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chaplin-keaton.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Well, /tv/? Which one?
>>
>>85657521
Where do I start with Chaplin?
>>
>>85657521
Keaton for stunts.
Chaplin for feels.
>>
File: IMG_9604.jpg (482KB, 1853x2365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9604.jpg
482KB, 1853x2365px
>>85657521
The Patrician's Choice
>>
>>85657547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7GY1Xg6X20
>>
>>85657521
is it me or Buster kinda look like Ozil?
>>
>>85657547
First movie: The Kid
Most successful movie: The Gold Rush
Masterpiece: City Lights
Muh relevant: The Great Dictator
Personal fav: Modern Times
>>
File: Harold-Lloyd-PCF-Feature.jpg (54KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
Harold-Lloyd-PCF-Feature.jpg
54KB, 600x340px
>>85657632
this
>>
Chaplin's movies are better, but Keaton was more talented.
>>
>>85657547
His best is Modern Times.
>>85657755
His first feature movie is Shoulder Arms.
>>
>>85657752
I only see a picture of Charlie Chaplin?
>>
>>85657755
>>85657811
I'll check out Modern Times first then
>>
There was no director with more balls than Keaton

But Chaplin was undeniably bigger than what Keaton tried to accomplish with his work
>>
Did Harold Lloyd have a prosthetic hand?
>>
>>85659187
Thumb. His thumb got blown off after he accidentally lit a cigarette with a real bomb so he had a prosthetic.
>>
Steamboat Bill, Jr. is one of the best silent shorts.

The General was Buster's best film.
>>
>>85657563
This.

/thread
>>
At his store's grand opening in Newark last night, one of many stops to come across country, eco conscious magnate Philip Petite exited the festivities after making a bizarre closing statement. He said, “I have had conflict in the fashion industry for as long as I can remember. It comes with the territory. However, never in my life has a rival company caused me such anguish. Animal rights are ALWAYS priority. Animal rights are OUR rights. Those who breach these laws of conduct are guilty of high treason. To be able to do such things with no remorse, to me is the sign of complete apathy, equivalent to demonic possession.”

Rumors are surfacing that the enigmatic prose is directed towards their main competitor, Lucy Fur. Lucy Fur has been in contention with Petite's company since both of their geneses.

Do you like this my fellow patties?
>>
Chaplin was bigger but The General trumps most of Chaplin's features by leaps and bounds
>>
>>85657983

Watch gold rush first, then kid then modern times then dictator
>>
>>85657755
>someone with taste on /tv/
colour me surprised
>>
Chaplin is too much of a sap and cheeky cunt in turn most of the time. I've found that I like each subsequent Chaplin I see less than the last for whatever reason.
>>
>>85657755
>Muh relevant: The Great Dictator
I mean, it was topical when he made it. The human condition and our own inability to change keeps it relevant.
>>
>>85657521
Keaton made Sherlock Jr. so he wins.
>>
>>85659291
It was more than just his thumb. On the Criterion Blu-ray of either Safety Last or The Freshman, I can't remember which, there's a bonus feature of an event where a group of actors are all paying tribute to Harold Lloyd, Jack Lemmon among them, and you can see Harold's hand, and it's more fucked up than just missing a thumb.
>>
L A U R E L & H A R D Y
>>
>>85657521
I don't know who they but the one on the left looks like he has a Hitler mustache
>>
File: 515.gif (1022KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
515.gif
1022KB, 640x480px
>>85665782
xDxD same I know right?!
>>
I don't think any of his films are as well made as theirs, but there's something endearing about Harold Lloyd.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.