[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gabagool/ Sopranos General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

According to the AV Club reviews of each episode, this is the single worst one. I've always found it really entertaining, do I have shit taste or does VanDerWerff just have his head up his ass?
>>
>>85657256
It was a weird episode. Tonally all over the place. Even the ending felt off. I don't know if I would consider it the worst but it's a stand out for mostly negative reasons.
>>
File: ttevA29[1].jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ttevA29[1].jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>
it was a filler episode that didn't advance the plot in any way. I don't think any of the subplots were advanced in this episode, were they?
>>
Did he really do it? This is a sterling example of how good the writing was in the Sopranos. there's an equal amount of reasons and evidence pointing to either conclusion. Tony's eyes in the car when he drives past the retirement party, gauging Chrissy's reaction to what he's saying, his scene with Melfi where he talks about bonding Chris to him inseparably. The slightly unconvincing way the cop says he doesn't know the name Moltisanti, and shouting sorry before Chris shoots him. It's a perfect 50/50 split that could be argued about for hours
>>
He's wrong, them fighting the Indians at the protest is hilarious. Especially love Artie pussing out.
>>
>>85657553
Karen Baccalieri dying in a rather clumsy and out of nowhere way sets up the future relationship between him and Janice
>>
>>85657553
>filler episode
Lots of soprano episodes could be seen "filler" episodes. It's a bottle episode, tons of soprano episodes simply show the mobsters doing mundane stuff. Not every episode has to forwad the plot
>>
it's kind of a mess. the whole thing with ralph threatening to reveal the truth about iron eyes cody is extremely retarded, feels like it belongs in Breaking Bad or some other dumb cartoon-for-grown-ups show. there's no story logic there -- in a different episode, ralph would just threaten the guy with violence. and then the whole episode becomes weirdly atonal because one of the storylines is the death of Bobby's wife Karen, but it's sandwiched between some of the broadest, goofiest shit the show ever did.

it's also the closest the show ever got to just straight up pontificating and putting the writers' own thoughts into the character's mouths, which is like a classic hallmark of the bad TV that The Sopranos always raged against.
>>
>>85657558
I'm pretty sure the Cop did kill Chris's father, simply for the reason that it'd be really reckless for Tony to tell Chris that if that wasn't his father's killer. What if Chris had been sloppy in the name of vengeance?

I think Tony was honest and wanted Chris to get his revenge. I also don't think Tony would lie about such a thing.
>>
>>85657808
Also keep in mind that Tony is wicked, brutally smart and strategic. Bucco is the one who praises him for being able to think 5 steps ahead of everyone else. It would make sense, given how thought out Tony's plan for Chrissy is, that he's been saving this corrupt cop for this exact moment.
>>
Is Joe Pantaliano really wearing a hair piece in every single scene? I've started watching the top and sides of his head really closely trying to see if it's ever hanging off or askew
>>
It's probably second worst next to the Vito stuff in season 6, which has a lot of bad puns and obvious visual metaphors going on. Tony calling Vito a "come from behind kind of guy" always makes me roll my eyes. Maybe it was more original and clever in 2006, but it's probably the most difficult part to watch that's not season 3
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.