[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Dark Knight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

I have only once ever wept tears during a movie and that one time was at the end of this film. The conclusion where Batman takes the fall for Dent's rampage after everything that had happened was just both beautiful and epic in so many ways.

I'm not an avid movie watcher, but for me, this is the best movie I've ever seen. Looking at recent superhero films, it will probably take a while before some other film tops this one. I have zero faith for today's DC or Marvel to make anything close to the quality of The Dark Knight. I think that this film will be analyzed centuries later when people are researching the culture of the 21st century's West.
>>
>>85657227
Watch Man of Steel, then BvS UC.
>>
The Dark Knight — Creating the Ultimate Antagonist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8

The Dark Knight: "Identity Secrets" - Analysis and Explanation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx9ExfU6MY

The Dark Knight | Nolan's Republic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhpjKX1j-KQ

A World without Rules - The Dark Knight Analysis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9tsC0a9svg

The Dark Knight - How does a Camera tell a story?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTt0izejSJw

RT 94% 8.5/10
metacritic 82
CinemaScore "A"
Critics' choice: 96/100
#4 IMDB top 250

The Dark Knight was nominated for eight Academy Awards for the 81st Ceremony most nominations received by a film based on a comic book

The Dark Knight was included in American Cinematographer's "Best-Shot Film of 1998-2008" list, ranking in the top 10. More than 17,000 people around the world participated in the final vote.

Name top ten films of 2008 by the American Film Institute.

The Dark Knight was ranked the 15th greatest film in history on Empire's 2008 list of the "500 Greatest Movies of All Time," based upon the weighted votes of 10,000 readers, 150 film directors, and 50 key film critics.

The Dark Knight continues Batman Begins' tradition of drawing primarily and heavily from the graphic novels, one shots and limited series' of the late 1980's and 1990's, but this time the writers also went all the way back to the roots, to the earliest issues of the Batman comic book. In addition to the same sources Batman Begins drew, some of the cited influences for The Dark Knight are the first two issues of Batman and The Killing Joke.
>>
>>85657402
Anything with Superman in it is utterly boring for me. Superman is the worst kind of superhero: unrelateble, invincible and just generic in so many ways. Nolan's Batman is thankfully the exact opposite of those features.
>>
>>85657522
I had exactly your mindset before the new Superman films. But they actually balance that pretty well with his weaknesses. Not just Kryptonite but also his relationship to mankind. They are very personal films.
>>
File: 1474178949624.jpg (117KB, 640x416px) Image search: [Google]
1474178949624.jpg
117KB, 640x416px
>>85657227
Reminder that he did nothing wrong
>>
>>85657500
This is crazy. It was the perfect storm. Today it would've been deemed too gritty and right-wing unfortunately.

>>85657796
I like how Snyder tells his stories through photography. He is better than Nolan at that but Nolan is better at pacing and character.
>>
File: 1484866509231.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
1484866509231.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>85659401
>he bumps his own thread
>>
>>85657227
>I'm not an avid movie watcher, so for me, this is the best movie I've ever seen

ftfy, pleb
>>
Couldn't have said it any better myself OP
>>
>>85657911
>snyder
>better than anyone at anything

He's not even better than himself at making his own movies. His earlier hits (Watchmen, 300) were only good because he just copied the source material 1:1, as if he was using the comics as storyboards, so of course the imagery is going to be beautiful and well thought out because someone else did all the thinking for him.

Look at any Snyder movie from Sucker Punch and beyond and not only are the stories bad, but even the visual storytelling is garbled and overall boring, and you don't need to be a film expert to see that. The guy's a hack who can't generate an original thought, and likes to double down on all his worst filmmaking qualities with every new abortion he shoves out.

The only thing impressive about Zack Snyder is that he's still allowed to direct movies.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.