[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one good thing about this movie. Hard mode: no BDH.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: jw90.jpg (230KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
jw90.jpg
230KB, 1296x730px
Name one good thing about this movie.

Hard mode: no BDH.
>>
>>85656664
-Chris Pratt
-Blue
-Rexy
-kids actually being proactive trying to fix their own mess
-Katie McGrath's death
-Jeff Goldblum cameo
-betacuck getting told
>>
oh yeah, raptor eating that RPG
>>
the scene where indominus rex escapes, which is the only good scene in the movie and the only piece of inspired directing from trevorrrororow. chris pratt hiding under the car and playing things from his POV so that the indominus is framed out by the car, so that you jump when it eats the security guard because you don't see it rear toward him, you just suddenly see the moment of impact.

everything else sucks
>>
MOSASAURUS
>>
>>85656664
Final battle, redeems the entire movie.
>>
>>85657239
>the scene where indominus rex escapes
really? seemed kinda stupid they didn't check properly to see whether it had escaped or not
>>
I was hesitant about the raptor training, but I ended up liking how Pratt managed to get them sort of trained, but still dangerous enough that he was really unwilling to actually get close to them. If they were fiercely loyal, it would seem stupid and make them boring, but the fact that they're still shown to be like wild animals that are even dangerous to their handler was neat.
>>
It's the other half, minus IR, to the movie we wanted when JP1 came out.
Just gotta edit them together and somehow make it work.
>>
>>85658667
No, even partly tamed raptors is fucking idiotic. They're the xenomorphs of the Jurassic Park franchise. At least they used to be.
>>
>>85656784
>Jeff Goldblum cameo

Say what now?
>>
>>85659550
>>85656784
this, wheres Jeff Goldblum?
>>
>>85659221
>intelligent killing machine
>"well we've trained dolphins, dogs and birds so why not"- type logic
>unrealistic

The idea and attempt is something that would 100% happen IRL. People try to tame and make friends with apex predators all the time (and to generally bad results).
>>
>>85656664

How many youngsters will see Chris Pratt in Jurassic World and deposit his image in their spank bank? One of pop culture’s dividends is the additional pleasures contained within innocuous merchandizing (ask Andy Warhol). Jurassic World is neither good or bad enough to be camp — its predictable action scenes are limp enough to call “damp” — but Pratt’s He-Man image as dinosaur roustabout Owen is the kind that firms-up any man’s resolve.

Pratt’s Owen wears a leather utility vest over a denim shirt cuffed at his elbow to expose his sinewy forearms. His torso is cinched into dark pants that puff slightly at the hips, roomy enough to contain his strong haunches. And at the appropriate moment, Owen/Pratt strides forth carrying a rifle for his fight against a gargantuan dino-hybrid, the Indomitable Rex. It completes the virile image. This kind of movie eroticism isn’t new; it harkens back to pre-Stonewall movies of the 1950s and '60s from the Hercules series, physique magazines to Charlton Heston in Ruby Gentry, The Naked Jungle, The Big Country, The Wreck of Mary Deare, Ben-Hur, The War Lord, Planet of the Apes, Number One (stop me). It goes back even further depending on how Hollywood presented the masculine form as a cultural ideal.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.