[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbest motherfuckers ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3646.jpg (110KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3646.jpg
110KB, 318x318px
Were the people that ran Weyland Yutani the worst businessmen in the history of cinema?

>Program android to collect bioterrorist killing machine to treat as weapon, crew murdered, massive financial loss

>build power plant on known Xeno habitat in hopes of harvesting massive weapons cache, 95% of all employees and search and rescue team dead, massive financial loss

>hire smugglers to transport people in cryosleep along with face huggers in "secure" transport. Massive financial loss

At what point to you fucking take the loss and move along?
>>
They're only stupid because sequel writers made them stupid
Because every Alien movie apparently has to have the evil corporation wanting to control, so different writers try to put their own spin on it until the movies become a mosaic of shit
>>
Weyland was just a crazy driven guy, once he decided he wanted something he wouldn't stop until he got it, if the company carried that idea on even after his death I can see them making some pretty serious sacrifices to get their hands on a live xeno
Mostly it's just ebul corporations though
>>
>>85653362
>hire smugglers to transport people in cryosleep along with face huggers in "secure" transport. Massive financial loss

You mean Alien Resurrection? That was another company because Weyland Yutani got bought out by Walmart (source: deleted scene, scientists talking to ripley 8 in the cafeteria)
>>
I don't know what movie OP is talking about

but based on the info given, I assume it was some sort of government-corporate partnership.

in other words, they were gambling with money that wasn't theirs.
>>
>>85653362
The nostromo was basically worthless, same with the dried up mining colony. The Auriga was a United States / Space ship, not an WYC ship.

the biggest finical loss we've seen WYC take was when the Prometheus blew up.
>>
>>85653952
Alien you fucking retard
>>
>>85653989
>The nostromo was basically worthless, same with the dried up mining colony.
[citation needed]
The Nostromo was fucking huge carrying loads of freight, they wrote Ripley up nearly a century later when she was found for blowing it up, how does that not convey a serious financial loss? Likewise why would they send the colonial marines to LV-426 if it was just a dried up mining colony (which it wasn't by the way, they were terraforming the planet to make it liveable which is implied to be a very fucking expensive process) if they didn't care about it?
>>
>>85653362

How hype would it be if Westworld was an Alien prequel?
>>
Did WYC send lv-426 colonists to the xeno eggs right after Ripley briefed them?
>>
>>85653989

Burke categorized it as a massive loss for the company. Only job Ripley could get was working the loading docs after they stripped her of her titles. It's one of the main reasons she decided to go back, Weyland would fully restore rank as an officer if she lead the expedition.
>>
>>85654660

No but the Nostromo relayed back their findings through the demented Android on board back to Corporate.

They knew the eggs were there before they built the power plant there
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.