[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie is fucking great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0557.jpg (203KB, 750x1128px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0557.jpg
203KB, 750x1128px
This movie deserves praise. It's the best action movie I've seen since John Wick, and it has superior acting, superior plot, superior music, and the action is. Fucking. Brutal.

And Charlize, beaten to a pulp or dolled up, is pure sex. I have never wanted a woman so badly. The director has the good sense to linger on that 10/10 face. The mummyfu sex scene was hot as fuck, too.

This movie is top-tier Cold War kino.
>>
>female protagonist

Your one the wrong site
>>
>>85652855
I liked the strangling scene
>>
What's the sex scene like?
>>
>beat by Girls Trip in it's second weak
LMAO, guess that "women strong, men stupid" shit didn't work out so well
>>
>>85653135
How much of an autistic child do you have to be to give a fuck about box office numbers?
>>
>strong womyn smokes cigarettes and drinks vodka every 5 min the movie
Annoyed the shit out of me it's like the movie was advertising tobacco and alcohol
>>
>>85653079
It's fucking hot. On a more artistic level, the whole movie's beautifully shot.

I went to an early matinee and there were a surprising number of people there, and every last one of them was just as into it as I was. I hope it picks up some steam, because this shit DESERVES a good run.

Also, saw a preview for pic related while I was there. This looks like it might just be amazing. In case you're wondering, that's Gary Fucking Oldman as Winston Churchill. It's called "The Darkest Hour."
>>
>>85653281
The 80s *were* an advertisement for alcohol and tobacco.
>>
File: IMG_0558.jpg (185KB, 1290x645px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0558.jpg
185KB, 1290x645px
>>85653531
Pic related.
>>
How is it compared to John Wick 1 & 2? I thought the second one was a huge improvement.
>>
>>85653281
They go great together anon. Rivaled only by coffee and smokes.
>>
>>85652855
I'll watch it at some point.

Its by one of the John Wick guys so the action is probably solid and Charlize is the only A list female actress that will put work into that side of the film.
>>
This was a lot better than I expected, I personally think that at the end they should have kept it in their pants and had lorraine just be satchel without the final dumb action sequence
>>
>>85653281
yeah thats exactly what I was thinking
good thing i dont smoke or quit smoking because jesus christ every 5 seconds
>>
>>85653634
It's very comparable. Lorraine takes a lot more lumps than Wick does, but that's part of what makes it so fucking good. There's no quit in her.
>>
>>85653634
the action imo is more brutal but its spread too far apart. there are what...3-4 fight scenes in this movie? While john wick its every few minutes
>>
>woman
>getting punched by big man
>not getting instant concussion or worse
>>
>>85652855
>It's the best action movie I've seen since John Wick
>"the funniest comedy since The Hangover 2"
>>
>>85653964
Same director. Until I got home, I was convinced it was the same guy that directed Hanna, because it's visually pretty stunning on top of being top-notch action.
>>
>>85654064
Charlize ain't exactly a delicate flower, anon.
>>
>>85654064
she isn't that weak as You may expect. in fact she is kinda athletic, just not pumped up. also one of few crazy bitches who put herself to limits
>>
>>85654761
she ain't so tough without a gun
>>
>>85652855
Watched a cam rip. Thank god I did.
This movie was COMPLETELY fucking boring and retarded.
Does /tv/ actually like this? Considering the premise, I was not surprised at how absolutely retarded this ended up being. The whole time watching it I was thinking to myself, "who in their right mind thinks a woman can do any of this?" Just implausible. The acting was not memorable and the action did not stand out. No great scenes, no one to root for..I could go on but tl;dr this movie just had no personality yet got killer reviews. Proof that Hollywood wants to kill itself by pandering to Tumblr (they don't even watch movies).
>>
>>85655236
So in your world, there are no female operators. Ever.

Save some typing next time and just tell us you're a retard up front.
>>
Are there a lot of long takes? Does she use a stunt woman often?
>>
>>85655550
There is a long-take stairwell fight. It might be continuous or it might be tastefully edited, but either way it's completely badass. If that's a stunt double, I sure as hell didn't notice it.

I'd also like to say that I'm not the sort of autist that thinks you're supposed to analyze a film frame by frame, because it misses the whole point of a well-shot fight scene.
>>
>>85655735
I'm not too snobbish about film, I just hate when there are multiple cuts especially in a fight scene.
>>
>>85655847
This doesn't suffer from Bourne-ism.

In the right hands, lots of cuts can make a fight scene feel frantic and fast-paced without compromising on the kinetic flow of the action. In the wrong hands, they make it a disorienting mess that destroys all sense of space and progression. In the absolute worst hands, it's a mess that's disguising lackluster fight choreography.
>>
Its boring, dull and i fell asleep watching it.
Just go outside and drink. It will be better that this boring ass movie.
>>
>>85656211
Let me guess. Not enough quips for you?
>>
File: 1493257962731.jpg (201KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
1493257962731.jpg
201KB, 470x595px
>>85653916
There was a no smoking advert that played before the movie at my cinema.
>>
I saw it this weekend. It was a nice action film. I liked the colours and the music (although Blue Monday and Nena are a bit overused now). I didn't like the "double-triple-reverse agent" plot, especially at the end.
>>
>>85656906
I would have liked to have heard "Electric Avenue" at some point for no other reason besides me just loving that song.
>>
Shill harder
>>
>>85652855
>age :41

Gross
>>
>>85657374
If they cast her as Taylor Swift's mom, I'd have zero problem believing it. She is fucking gorgeous in this movie.
>>
>>85653531
>there were a surprising number of people there, and every last one of them was just as into it as I was.

You were all so into it that you were constantly looking around to see how much other people were into it?

Doesn't sound very into it to me.
>>
>>85655380
>So in your world, there are no female operators. Ever.

My world is the real world so, yes. There are none.
>>
Dude, seriously, why are you feverishly shilling this movie?

This isn't a good female character for women, imo. It's just a male character that was turned into a woman. Not exactly fair to women to imply they're just men with tits.
>>
>>85657809
>laughter, oohs, reactions to the violence, even a whoop or two here and there.

It was the most engaged audience I've seen in a while, and I see something at the theaters almost ever weekend. In a way, it reminded me of when I saw "The Accountant," another one my audience thoroughly enjoyed.
>>
>>85657965
She gets the shit kicked out of her pretty much every time it comes to straight hand-to-hand. I don't know how much fairer you can make it than that.

She flat-out just had to retreat from that one dude.
>>
>>85658003
Yeah, that's what happens when you see a movie in India, isn't it Pajeet.
>>
>>85658204
Fuck off with that bullshit. I'm talking about a movie I enjoyed and if it bothers you that bad, you can suck my dick on your way out the door.
>>
File: Where Do You Think We Are.png (530KB, 751x515px) Image search: [Google]
Where Do You Think We Are.png
530KB, 751x515px
>>85653208
>How much of an autistic child do you have to be to give a fuck about box office numbers?
>>
>>85658393
How much are they paying you to post here Pajeet?
>>
>>85653531
Yo Sophia and her cast in that red light before the make out scene was beautiful
>>
>>85658715
I'd imagine the same amount you're getting paid to voluntarily pound this much sand up your own twat.
>>
>>85658078
It's nice because they remember woman can't hit as hard as men. She improvises extremely. Anything and everything is a weapon for her and she's extremely aware of her surroundings. It's amazing the amount of detail that went into the action scenes
>>
stop baiting for misogynist cunts
>>
File: 1-carbon-fiber-fedora-hat.jpg (82KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
1-carbon-fiber-fedora-hat.jpg
82KB, 980x735px
>>85658935
>le snappy reply
>>
>>85655030
Getting punched by a big man would be her limit.
Female action empowerment is fantasy. It's perfectly okay to make a movie about it, but don't go around pretending like women are actually badasses. They're not, and every time you try to say they are you not only look like a moron but you detract from the film you're defending in the first place.
>>
>>85659189
That fucking hot plate scene made me physically react. I can't explain it, but household objects as weapons always come off as more brutal than gunshots and knife wounds.
>>
>>85659334
OK, so now you're calling me a shilling, pajeet fedora.

Why not just cut to the chase and call me reddit, too? I'm sure it will make your life complete. That witty enough for you, sweetheart?
>>
>>85659445
I think you dropped this - >>85659334.
>>
File: franco tipz.webm (2MB, 370x360px) Image search: [Google]
franco tipz.webm
2MB, 370x360px
>>85659445
>but don't go around pretending like women are actually badasses.
yeah instead lets pretend we are!
>>
>>85657374
One of my few complaints of the movie. Well moreso on how she looked because she shouldn't have looked as decrepit as she did at a relatively young age of 41. Yes, there were some scenes that made her look stunning, but others (especially on close-up shots), she looked as if she were mid 50s. I don't care how beat up you get, you shouldn't look like you aged 10+ years complete with hanging jowls and wrinkled eyes and cheeks. Charlize needs a better diet; probably should ask Halle Berry or Jennifer Aniston.
>>
The scene in the theater with the climax of Stalker in the background is pure kino. The story was serviceable but the setting and look were great. It was less like John Wick than I thought it would be which was nice.
>>
This flick was great, after being bored by Spidermane and Apes this really redeemed spending $15 at the flickracket. I loved the long shots, amazing fights and shootouts. I've always been a fan of female badasses, I was big into Alias and Buffy when I was younger. This is somewhat similar to Alias but less corny and way more visceral in its combat scenes, also way more neon.

Also excellent music choices, basically puts Babby Driver soundtrack to shame.
>>
>>85655236
>"who in their right mind thinks a woman can do any of this?"
Pretty sure no person alive would realistically survive these kinds of scenarios and I'm pretty sure these kinds of scenarios would never happen to begin with.

Maybe I'm just ignorant but I'd love to know about someone approaching anywhere near this level of choreographed badass in real life. Find me the person who's clever enough to use a water hose as a whip, lasso, and grappling hook in the span of five minutes.

It's a fantasy, dude. A really fun fantasy.
>>
>>85655236
you're gay brah. try less hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guKoNCQFAFk
>>
Good action, but the story was convoluted garbage.

The movie kept trying to be surprising, but to be surprised is to have your expectations subverted. You can't have expectations when the story and characters are all over the place.
>>
>female John wick because of MUH EQUALITY

Dropped
>>
File: tfw fall.gif (2MB, 239x320px) Image search: [Google]
tfw fall.gif
2MB, 239x320px
>>85659805
>>85660481
>all roasties can respond with is virgin insults and "le fedora tipper" reaction images
>>
>>85661566
Oh epic burn, slaaay queeeennn
>>
Nah. I can't suspend my disbelief to watch a skinny middle-aged woman beat up a bunch of muscular dudes.
>>
>>85655236
>Watched a cam rip
anyone willing to watch a cam rip should be fucking hung by their fucking balls
>>
>>85652855
Saw it last friday. Very disappointing. Basically two hours long music video. Action never for a second stops, one song finishes another fucking action scene with another song starts. Felt like the movie was throwing twists at you when you didn't even know the sotry yet. The plot is incoherent mess, no depth.

Lesbian scenes were fucking yummy though and I was sad when Gazellefu/Mummyfu died :^(
>>
>>85653281
>>
>>85655236
>>
>>85660489
>>
>>85662124
is Sofia new Sean Bean? 3 out of 4 big cinema releases, her character dies
>>
>>85659631
It's true. Thank you Jackie Chan and Matt Damon.
>>
how hard is it to fight in heels?
>>
>>85663387
kek. I think you're onto something.
>>
>>85662124

>that first paragraph

Baby Driver?
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.