[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GURM thinks Jaime Lannister could beat Aragorn in a fight Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 30

File: 4107930-aragornvsjamielannister.jpg (91KB, 1280x642px) Image search: [Google]
4107930-aragornvsjamielannister.jpg
91KB, 1280x642px
GURM thinks Jaime Lannister could beat Aragorn in a fight

Is he right?

either way you are all faggots, and I am the biggest faggot of all
>>
who is GURM and Jaime Lannister couldn't even beat a woman and when we see him fight in the show he doesn't even look all that badass. Meanwhile Aragorn cuts through like 500 orc mooks in every movie. I doubt Jaime has super hero abilities like that
>>
>>85650943
Aragorn has decades more experience and is practically superhuman.
Why is Jaime even hyped when Robb whupped his ass
>>
>>85651065
>Robb whupped his ass

[citation needed]
>>
He's got one hand
>>
>>85650943
>literal superhuman against a common man
>>
>>85651056
>Jaime Lannister couldn't even beat a woman
His hands were tied, and Brienne is a freakishly large woman.

>>85651065
Robb's army beat Jamie, I don't remember anything in the books or show saying that Robb beat him one on one. And when Jamie challenged him to a one on one duel, Robb was smart enough to say that he would never do that because he knows Jamie would win.
>>
>>85650943
He's wrong. Aragorn is semi divine from some maia whore raping an elf and shit.
>>
>>85651086
>>85651173
once jaime realized he had been ambushed in the whispering wood jaime led an assault on robbs position with the aim of killing him even though the overall battle was lost

jamie singlehandedly cut through like 90% of robbs knights guarding him and would have almost certainly killed robb if his sword hadnt gotten stuck in the next of either a karstark or a frey knight who was right next to robb,i forget which one
>>
>>85651065
nigga Jaime went pacman mode on the northernerns and was gonna btfo robb too
dis >>85651395
>>
File: 1492219842884.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1492219842884.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>85651056
>>
>>85650943
>GRRM wrote fanfiction of how Jaime Lannister beat Rand Al'thor

hue
>>
>>85650943
Aragorn without a sword could beat Jaimie with both hands and a valyrian steel sword.
>>
Aragorn is literally a different race

Jaime vs Boromir would be a closer fight
>>
>>85650943
Aragon is literally Übermensch

he would push Jamie's shit in, no matter how skilled he is
>>
Aragorn is basically an Achilles-tier being in LotR. It'd be like the Achilles/Hector fight, with the same results.
>>
aragorn is like 7ft tall, can live for over 200 years and has superhuman strength and wisdom

jaime is just a dude who is really good with a sword, not even a contest
>>
>>85651477
Boromir would rape Jaimie up the ass. He took on multiple orcs who have superhuman strength.
>>
Tuor vs Turin who wins?
>>
File: 1486820155425.png (2MB, 969x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1486820155425.png
2MB, 969x1179px
This pic would come down to Achilles vs Aragorn. Excluding those two, who would win?
>>
>>85650943
Aragorn is like half-elf, Jaime is just a really good human swordsman but even the worst half-elf swordsman would be inherently better than the best human swordsman.
>>
>>85651662
Achilles and Mountain imo. Aragorn wouldn't play dirty enough
>>
>>85651662
probs achilles he's just too flawless
aragorn does nearly get killed sometimes like against lurtz
>>
If Numenoreans are so great then why did they get their shit fucked up? Checkmate NIDF.
>>
>>85651746
>>85651765
Excluding Achilles and Aragorn, lads. Those two would absolutely savage everyone else in the pic.
>>
>>85651706
>even the worst half-elf swordsman would be inherently better than the best human swordsman
Not true in Tolkienverse. Guys like Hurin, Turin, Tuor all would push Aragorn's shit in despite being full humans.
>>
>>85651662

>not knowing Maximus without asking

If they all had similar weapons the mountain would win, if Maximus had spears like the viper he would beat him
>>
>>85651746
The mountain is literally retarded and doesn't know how to swing a sword
>>
>>85651746
What? Mountain is probably one of the worst on that list.
>>
>>85651662

Does Algren get his Colt SAA?
>>
>>85651768
they pissed off the gods by worshiping sauron and trying to sail to valinor so the gods deleted their island
>>
>>85651413
Wow Jaime killed fags noobs from the north, Aragorn it's finished!
>>
>>85650943
>>85651639
Aragorn is literally superhuman, and iirc Boromir also has some Numenorean blood in him. I'd give either of them the edge over anyone in Game of Thrones one-on-one.

>>85651768
They tried to use sailboats against gods who control the ocean. We're saying they're strong, not that they're smart.
>>
>>85651395
why didn't they show this
that would have been great, we didn't really get any proper display of his skill pre-mutliation in the show
>>
>>85651640
Turin got a magic black sword, Tuor got a shitty axe. Turin wins.
>>
>>85651768
Tried to sail west and got bitch slapped by Eru
>>
>>85651813
I'm gonna say no.
>>
>>85651746
The mountain would've died from some faggo with a spear if Oberyn didnt dive into his autistic speech while fighting him.
>>
>>85651835
Game of Thrones does a lot of "tell, not show", even in the early seasons where it's great.
>>
>>85651835
Because they didn't have the budget
>>
>>85651787
leonidas imo
he is displayed in film doing way crazier stuff than any of the rest of the guys
>>
>>85651835
they actually dont describe it directly in the books either. part of the idea with jaime is that we never truly get to see his skill firsthand, we only see himself and other characters talk about it. we are meant to infer his skill and also question it slightly like he questions himself later on. part of his character, it's really quite clever imo.
>>
>>85651868

Need to clear up if they have similar weapons or any or multiple of their choosing. Otherwise the guy that wears concrete and a full draft horse pelt is gonna tank all these ad carries
>>
>>85651662
Barristan has a heart attack and dies
Jaimie kills The Hound
Leonidas kills the Mountain
Maximus kills Nathan

Leonidas and Maximus team up and kill Jaimie

Maximus kills Leonidas in honorable combat.
>>
>>85650943
ubermensch ez
>>
>>85651969
das cool i suppose
>>
>>85650943
No, Argaon is literally superhuman due to his bloodline. He comes from a long line of Captain Americas basically.

The movies don't show this since it would be boring, but even an average Gondorian can kill 10 or so Orcs on his own, and far more when in an organized military unit. Aragon is far beyond a regular Gordon.
An average orc in LOTR is equivalent of a goblin in other fantasy settings. And the Uruk Hai are scary not because they are huge and strong, but that they are almost as strong as an average man, but there is still a shit ton on.

Of course, this would be boring visually for the movie, seeing humans cut down orcs by the tens with each swing would kind of take away from the tension.
>>
>>85651835
Honestly, his skill with a sword is sort of just the framing device for his character. Even in the books, he's only shown fighting once pre-mutilation, when he fights Brienne. In the books, he doesn't fight Ned in King's Landing, just has his men murder Ned's, then rides off. We don't see him fighting when Robb BTFOs his army either, we get a description after the fact.

The point of Jaime is that he's got the martial skill to be a legendary warrior like Barristan the Based or Arthur Dayne, but he's corrupted by his family and ends up a crippled cocksucker, who then learns to not be a cocksucker and actually use his head. He's unironically one of the best fantasy characters of all time. In the books, at least.
>>
>>85652045
the uruk hai were one of the best things about the films
they were genuinely quite scary enemies
would NOT want to fight at helms deep
>>
>>85651969

It's just straight up an author makin a legend.
>People talk about how amazing one character is all the time to infer greatness.
>the truth is it begets the Lannisters to have some supernatural swordman in their ranks so Jaimie being an above average swordsman at best rolls with it for all the distinction and pussy he could want while keeping a cushy job as kings guard
> all Jaimie does for the first 3 books is roll perfect 20s on his bluff to everyone he meets, it's why he didn't fight for Tyrion: he knew he would lose
>>
The greatest warrior in Tolkien's Lore is Hurin, a mere human. Aragorn's blood isn't a guaranteed victory.
>>
>>85652045
The movies downgraded humans in general. Gondorians are basically regular guys, while Boromir/Faramir are on the level of book Gondorians and Aragorn is a tier just above that.
>>
>>85651662
Jamie.
Superior armor and weapon reach would make a difference with Leonidas
cleganes are too big, use oberyn's strategy minus being an autistic retard, tom cruise and crowe are bad, barristan is an old fart

>>85651824
>jaime is bad because robb ""whupped" is ass
>I respond saying that is not the case, but instead jamie was going through northerner noobs like butter and would have gotten to robb and killed him if his sword hadnt gotten stuck in some nigger
>"Wow Jaime killed fags noobs from the north, Aragorn it's finished!"
fucking retard
>>
>>85652126
At the same time though, Tyrion would be smart enough to know whether or not Jaime is actually a good fighter. If he knew Jaime was bluffing he wouldn't have asked for him. Ultimately, it can't be all bullshit, because surely people have seen Jaime in combat and at tournaments.
>>
>>85651662
Mountain and spartan die because no armor. Last samurai being in this list is a joke. The Hound mostly relies on his size but is too slow to deal with the others.

Selmy and maximus would probably be the last two. Can't really pick between them.
>>
>>85652004
I'm not entirely sure Jaime could take the Hound. At one point in the books, Cersei asks him to kill Tyrion and he balks, to which she replies, "He's a dwarf. I'm not asking you to best the Hound in single combat."

I think Jaime takes the fight say, 7 times out of 10 due to his sheer talent with a sword, but the Hound wouldn't be a pushover.
>>
>>85652141
Yeah but Hurin is from a time when humans were still fresh as a race. In Tolkienverse, ancient beings are more powerful while new ones are weak.
>>
>>85650943
Aragorn
>literal decades of fighting experience
>descended from a line of what are essentially superhumans
>trained by elves
>good at hacking down a lot of enemies at once
>even capable of fending off the Nazgul
>impossible to intimidate
>so strong he can take a backhand from a massive cave troll and just walk it off
>magic elf sword

Jaime
>some years of experience, never really fought in any real battle except for a few with the Greyjoys
>Greyjoys are just angry fisherman, not even goblin tier threatening
>we have literally never seen him win a fight
>couldnt beat Brienne of Tarth (to be fair he was injured, emaciated, and chained)
>even so, at full capacity couldnt even put down Ned Stark who is like 20 years older than him
>gay ass normal sword

One hand or two hands Lannister has literally no shot.
>>
>>85651765
Except this doesn't happen in the books. There is no "Lurtz". The chief urukhai is actually called Ubluk and he gets fucked by riders of Rohan
>>
>>85651443
>Jaime Lannister beat Rand Al'thor
Well this I simply refuse to believe.

Rand is one of the most unapologetic mary sue characters in fantasy fiction. He's basically the Elder God Demonbane of the genre.
>>
>>85652247
And even Ser Arthur Dayne claimed Jaime was an amazing swordsman for his age.
>>
>>85652247
Touché I hadn't thought about that, but how likely might it be they staged Jamie's victories to make it seem like he is above what one would expect.

I don't think Jaimie is a bad swordsman but I think ppl in GoT universe all kinda scream "get hype" whenever Jaimie starts fighting. Meanwhile he's literally being bitchslapped by his own prosthetic hand
>>
File: 1451012606009.jpg (11KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
1451012606009.jpg
11KB, 213x250px
>>85651662
>daenerys swoops in with her stronk wymon powers and kills them all in one attack
>>
>>85651662
well once you take out the magic BS of Achilles and Aragorn, it would probably be The Mountain or The Hound
>>
>>85652348

http://grrm.livejournal.com/144572.html
>>
>>85652102
You have really low standards. Read a real book sometime.
>>
>>85652351

Is he the duelist that arya trained under? Because to be honest that guy probably could smoke jaimie
>>
>>85652310
>Ned Stark who is like 20 years older than him
Literally what? Ned Stark was 19 years old at the start of Robert's Rebellion, while Jaime was 15, on the cusp of turning 16.
>>
>>85652396
Well if she's riding on one of her dragons then that's kind of exactly what you would expect to happen. It's not even girl power, it's "giant fire-breathing monster vs some guys with swords".

>>85652357
Well the fact that he's missing a hand does kind of detract from his fighting abilities.
>>
>>85652357
Jaime held off the Smiling Knight at the age of 14, who was a legendary outlaw that managed to hold his own against Arthur Dayne wielding Dawn (the confirmed best fighter in ASoIaF) for long enough that his sword was fucked and Dayne allowed him to grab a new one.

I think Jaime's legendary prowess is the real deal, since it makes him losing his sword hand that much more of a thing.
>>
>>85652004

>team up
>honorable

Not to mention, what a fucking bad order of deaths
>>
>>85652465

Poor casting then desu
>>
>>85652445
I said one of the best fantasy characters, not one of the best characters, period. Fantasy is 99% dogshit drivel.
>>
>>85652462
No, Arthur Dayne is the Sword of the Morning who is said to have been the most skilled Swordsman in all of Westeros at his time. (If you're a showfag, he's the guy dual wielding swords against the young Ned Stark in Brandon's vision.)
>>
>>85652462
dont think fencing sword and style would work well against full plate armor
>>
>>85652555
GoT in a nutshell.

Jon Snow is supposed to be 17-19 by the time he becomes King in the North (If he does in the books that is), but he clearly looks like a 28-29 year old guy.
>>
File: trpcard.png (498KB, 540x788px) Image search: [Google]
trpcard.png
498KB, 540x788px
Aragorn firstly wouldn't fight him if it wasn't necessary and would end up talking him out of it. He was strangely charismatic for a guy who had been in the wilderness for centuries.

If it came to blows Aragorn hands down, advantage in reach, strength, experience would make Jaime look like a little bitch.

Aragorn vs Gregor nobody would win, both would suffer mortal wounds. If Aragorn two handed or had a parrying blade in off hand and managed to cut the Achilles tendon or shatter the knee the mountain would be useless.

Are there any computer wizards that can create simulators like they did in Deadliest Warrior to decide?
>>
>>85652674
They aged the characters up for the show. Pretty sure Robb and Jon are around 20 in S1, and Ned is mid 40s. Jaime would be late 30s/early 40s I think.

This could all be bullshit though, I'm not sure.
>>
>>85652574

Ah yea " nowidends"
>>
>>85652462
No, Dayne is a legend in the books as the best fighter ever. Ned+5 guys tried to kill him, and Dayne beat them all, the only reason he died is that Howland Reed (frog girl's dad) snuck up behind him and literally stabbed him in the back.
>>
>>85650943
>literal superhuman
>one handed guy who loses to women

I wonder.
>>
>>85652674
>>85652755
Yes, they aged everyone up for legal reasons. Dany is 14 in the books, so all the scenes of her fucking Khal Drogo wouldn't be allowed on American tv. So they aged her up to 18, and I think it's fair to say everyone else is aged up about 4 years too.
>>
>>85652764
I mean I have nothing against killing the dude stealthily. If you know you're outclassed they should have just surrounded him and pummeled him with crossbow bolts
>>
>>85652764
We suspect, anyway. The actual fight at the Tower hasn't been revealed yet in the books, but that seems like the most likely way Reed would save Ned. He could possibly use some kind of swamp magic/poison as well, since he's a crannogman fucking shit.
>>
>>85652838
Agreed. I'm just emphasizing how good Dayne is and that he only lost because of stealth, not because of a problem with his fighting ability.
>>
File: g v d.jpg (102KB, 472x874px) Image search: [Google]
g v d.jpg
102KB, 472x874px
>>85651662
>Maybe I could take him, dance around until he's so tired of hacking at me, he dropped his sword, get him off his feet somehow. But one misstep and I'm dead
>>
>>85651835
Budgetary constraints in early seasons means they had to skip a lot of the early battles.

Now they have loads of money but they use it for stupid shit. They spent millions on a fucking drawbridge last season so one conversation could happen near it. Then one of the characters from that scene ends up dying unceremoniously off screen.
>>
>>85651746
Aragorn did some pretty dirty stuff to orcs
>>
>>85651662
The one with guns.
>>
>>85652962
Just read the chapter in the books, and it's sort of what Oberyn does. Tyrion notes that the Mountain is slowing down and his slashes and cuts were becoming sloppier and lower, etc. Oberyn just got cocky.
>>
When Jamie was captured by Robb, he ended up killing a significant amount of northmen in the process before they finally subdued him, to the extent that they felt it was unforgivable not to kill him. That was one of the more clear indicators for his fighting prowess. GURM has said Jamie is the Lancelot of asoiaf.
>>
Gurm is retarded.

Unless Jaime is literal anime tier, he wouldn't be able to beat someone who is like basically two foot taller than he is and a superhuman to boot.

That said, Jaime's still one of the best characters in ASOIAF
>>
>>85651173
>freakishly large woman

doesn't matter, women are weak as fuck
>>
File: 1485034835844.jpg (267KB, 1418x1277px) Image search: [Google]
1485034835844.jpg
267KB, 1418x1277px
wtf is up with her fucking neck?
>>
>>85651589

6'6" not 7"
>>
>>85653270
It's pretty lewd.
>>
>>85653270
She isn't fat like americans and has a normal neck
>>
>>85653270
Straining her neck to try and look less fat.
>>
File: 1480793906364.jpg (108KB, 812x880px) Image search: [Google]
1480793906364.jpg
108KB, 812x880px
look at this monstrosity, cruising on (shit)writing protection

>>85653372
have you seen her ass? she's trying her best to hide her double chin

>>85653387
this
>>
>>85653434
>have you seen her ass
how fat is it
post pics
>>
>Those sparring and drinking sessions between Jaime and Ilyn Payne in book 4

I really liked Jaimes chapters in affc
>>
>>85652701
>Aragorn couldnt kill the mountain

He literally kills cave trolls left and right.
>>
>>85653785
Jaime and Brienne chapters in AFFC are so good. They're my two favorite POVs. That book gets a lot of shit, but I think it's in the same tier as Clash - not quite ASoS level, but very very good. The Ironborn chapters are pretty polarizing, but I think they're fantastic as well.
>>
>>85653785
affc is actually one of the better books on subsequent re-reads
>>
>>85653923
This. I enjoyed it my first time through, but after the absolute rollercoaster of Storm of Swords, the more laid back pace of Feast kinda wore on me. I'm currently doing my first re-read, and it's very comfy.
>>
>>85653000
The 'rape' scene in The Two Towers was completely consensual, if anything the ork was asking for it
>>
>>85652445
Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>85652102
>He's unironically one of the best fantasy characters of all time. In the books, at least.
Honestly, Nikolaj still rocks the performance even show-wise, so I'd even he's amongst the best even in the show now.
(Though the arch has been botched to hell and back).
>>
>>85653907
Yah, I hate how AFfC always ends up getting lumped with ADwD when people draw up their ranking of the books in tiers. Like for fuck's sake, Feast is a whole lot better.
>>
File: fiore.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
fiore.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>85650943
Probably Jamie if it's a longsword fight. If it involves all weapons, who knows.
>>
>>85655645
jesus christ fighting with longswords w/o armor must have been absolutely brutal
>>
>>85655414
I think Nik understands the character a lot better than D&D do, he nails every book Jaime scene. I also think he's tired of doing the show now because he realizes how botched his whole arc has become.
>>
>>85651477
Boromir is also Numenorean, Eomer would be my choice.
>>
>>85651768
Why is West failing?
>>
>>85655256
Get some taste my man
>>
>>85655768
rule of thumb was kill your guy without expending too much energy
>>
File: GermanLS.webm (3MB, 850x479px) Image search: [Google]
GermanLS.webm
3MB, 850x479px
>>85657527
Maybe in italitan longsword, definitely not in the lichtenhaur linage.
>>
>>85650943

Aragon would fucking wreck any character from GoT.
>>
>>85657735
>implying he could beat Wun Wun
>>
>literal super human with 300+ year lifespan
>60+ years of fighting experience and training with overpowered elves
>the greatest shining example of a virtuous warrior king
>fights off nine (9) supernatural undying wraiths at the same time
>wields magic weapons/equipment
>against rich, royal court dwelling one handed pretty boy

maybe gurm was talking about Viggo vs Nikolaj.
>>
>>85658274
Viggo did most of his stunts himself, so I would still hand this battle between Danes to him
>>
>>85650943
I would love to be pierced by both of their swords
Aragon would win tho
>>
>>85658746
Stop.
>>
>>85650943

Does Aragon hold the keys to the yard though
>>
>>85652430

Achilles still would be top tier, guy was trained by the best in the world from when he was a kid.
>>
>>85651662
power ranking

>aragorn
>achilles
>maximus
>leonidas
>jaime
>the hound/the mountain
>ser barristan

if you were to take these characters, and provide them with their weapons, and their armor, this is likely how it'd go down. prove me wrong.

didn't include cruise's character cause i've never seen that before
>>
>>85650943
Jaime would recognize Aragorns inherent nobility, his goodness, the kindness of his soul, the good will with which he pursued strength and lay down his weapons.

Why? Because he's cynical. And he's cynical because he believed once, he believed in nobility, he believed in goodness and good will, and then a king raped his queen, burned his vassals, conspired to genocide and flippantly ordered him to kill his own father.

Seeing someone truly good, who fights for good not out of naivety but truly out of personal and public duty.

He would drop to his knees and surrender.
>>
>>85652110
mfw I was scared as a kid to plane the lotr 2 game because Uruk hai in the game were /x/ tier.
>>
>>85651662
achilles is the greatest human melee warrior of all time. and he's a demigod sorta.
>>
>>85652396
Aragorn's ancestor and Grandfather in law took down Ancalagon the black, who makes ASOIAF dragons look like utter faggots.
No grill power could save her from Aragorn beating her to death with her own terrible metaphors.
>>
>>85659967
And all the good men who Jamie butchered in different battles didn't get this pass because...
>>
>>85655768
It was. Anybody who talks about "muh noble swordfighting" hasn't contemplated how painful and disgusting it must have been to bleed out in a ditch after being gutted by one of those things.
>>
>>85658344
mfw he kicks that hlmet, breaks his toe, and peter jackson keeps his scream of agony in the scene and passes it off as emotion f losing pippin and merry.

kino
>>
>>85651173
>and Brienne is a freakishly large woman
Even a 5'4 turbo manlet would beat a 6'4 woman
>>
>>85650943
If its book Jaime I think he's got a good shot.

There's only a 4 inch height difference for Aragorn, they have similar builds.
Aragorn has way more combat experience over a longer time than Jaime, but that experience is mostly fighting short, not particularly skilled orcs in large numbers. Jaime is naturally a talented swordsman, and actually practices sparring 1v1, rather than getting experience fighting large groups of enemies in war.
The real difference maker is Jaime's full plate armor, where Aragorn only wears a mail shirt. Aragorn has probably never seen a full suit of armor, and will take time to find out where the weak points are and have to strike there, while Jaime has plenty of unarmored targets on Aragorn.
>>
why did this piss me off so MUCH fuckkkkkk
no way in hell jamie can even come close to aragorn fuck millenials and their garbage shows
>>
>>85661538
the gondorians wear plate armour
>>
File: 1493648157181.jpg (4KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1493648157181.jpg
4KB, 208x206px
>>85652445
>>85656770
Easy to shit on something without providing arguments or counter-examples beyond "lol no ur taste sucks". Let's see that patrician taste of yours, shall we? Or are you going to continue hiding behind insults like a little bitch?
t. not the same anon
>>
>>85658344
>knew Sean Bean was afraid of flying, and wouldn't want to take the Helicopter the rest of the cast and crew did
>volunteered to hike up to the set with him every day of filming
It's hard to get more based
>>
>>85661753
>you will never hike to work with Sean Bean and Viggo
>>
Daario Nahyras seems like he'd beat most of the GOT chars.

There was no reason Dany sould have left him behind, but im glad she did. He was too cool to end up as a Eunuch.
>>
>>85659810
>prove me wrong

>Puts Barristan at the bottom
>Is therefore a moron that knows nothing

Done.
>>
>>85661538
Aragorn would have sparred with Dunedain and Elves, anon.
He also has armour for battle. He just doesn't wear it in the field for fairly obvious reasons.

>>85661596
I honestly feel a bit of sympathy for George. It must be very annoying for someone to be constantly compared and contrasted to a series of books that are barely alike, just because the retards reading it assume all fantasy is the same.
Just imagine being George and wondering if people would be inspired to branch out into his own inspirations, like The Black Company, and instead have to field inane bullshit your braindead fans keep throwing at you. it's no wonder he says the odd bit of daft shit like this, or justifying his dragons' number of wings despite it being something you don't need to justify.
>>
>>85654795
what
>>
File: TN-Thus_Came_Aragorn.jpg (284KB, 1280x864px) Image search: [Google]
TN-Thus_Came_Aragorn.jpg
284KB, 1280x864px
>>85661703
>hackson
>>
*blocks your path*
>>
Achilles vs Aragorn is a better debate

I'd take Achilles by a hair
>>
>>85662040
Gerald vs Aragorn might actually be interesting to watch.

I'm talking about book Gerald off course, not the more overpowered game version
>>
>>85661753
That's actually pretty smart, helicopters are not the safest flying things and hiking is good way to keep yourself in shape and have good time with your pal.
>>
>>85652962

That STR vs DEX fight in the arena where Daario reads the fight wrong is one of the better scenes of the series.
>>
File: basedbowl.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
basedbowl.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>85662040
A challenger appears.
>>
>>85661530
>>85653244
Didn't Brienne beat the shit out of the hound?
>>
>>85650943
Jaime Lannister is the best swordsman in Westeros but besides the occasional mage the characters in ASOIAF are supposed to be normal humans in a fantastical setting

everyone in LotR is a superpowered ubermensch badass who can kill 1000 orcs singlehandedly, they're meant to be like the ancient epic heroes of old english legends
>>
File: h6B6A156B.jpg (81KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
h6B6A156B.jpg
81KB, 480x640px
>>85651662
Archilles and Aragorn aren't even 100% human so they'd beat the rest and call it a draw.
>>
>>85662322
In the books, the Hound had a pretty severe infection, IIRC.
The show glossed over it, but I think it was still there.
>>
>>85662277
>several attacks just don't hit the witcher because he's in an animation
vs.
>they only swing at dayne's swords

hmmm
>>
>>85662040
*teleports behind you*
>>
>>85662322
Well hound probably had bloodpoisoning at the time and he still almost won. Also apparently in the books they never fought, and if they did book hound would destroy Brienne for sure.
>>
File: 1483285879793.png (730KB, 742x566px) Image search: [Google]
1483285879793.png
730KB, 742x566px
>>85662432
*Summons the Elector Counts*
>>
>>85662322

That didn't happen in the books. They haven't even crossed paths yet if I can recall.
>>
>>85662525
>>85662387
So they did fought in the books too. Fuck you random anon for lying to me years ago.
>>
>>85650943
No he's not.
Aragorn is a superhuman with much more experience and is trained by thousand year old super elves.

20 year old jaime vs 20 year old Aragorn though?
Maybe.
>>
>>85651793
Show mountain is retarded and doesn't know how to swing
Book mountain is just retarded (+retard strenght), good with a sword and Ironclad
>>
>>85662685
Now I think about it, I may have been confusing Book Hound. I remember Arya up and fucking off when he gets into a brawl with the soldiers.
It's been a while, and I'm too lazy to google it, so I'd honestly recommend looking it up yourself
>>
File: wtf.gif (1MB, 320x289px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
1MB, 320x289px
>people saying Aragorn is a superhuman
It's been a decade since I saw these films, but when did they ever say/allude to this? I remember him just being a highly skilled ranger
>>
>>85651835
They would have botched it, like each and every fight scene in GoT

Better keep an idealized hero than Ser Arthur "Shank one nigga twice" Dayne
>>
>>85662685
>>85662619
>>85662796
Just checked and book hound died from infection.
>>
>>85662809
he is of the blood of old numenor, the line of elendil
>>
>>85650943
aragorn is a numenorian, literally Achilles tier, he'd be on par with the White Walkers on the GoT universe
>>
>>85662887
He's also fucking 6'6"
>>
File: HalfElven3.png (216KB, 1352x1736px) Image search: [Google]
HalfElven3.png
216KB, 1352x1736px
>>85662809
Aragorn is descendant of a Maia.
That's the kind of divine being that Sauron is.

He's also of the lineage of numenoran kings which I believe is especially blessed because of their contributions against melkor.

In the movies I think they only mention that he's much older than he looks.
>>
>>85662993
I think his ancestor was blessed by Manwe for his selflessness in going to Valinor on behalf of his people, since he knew it was a death sentence.
>>
>>85662993
I think he said he was 88. Also he beat uruk-hai's that are far stronger than normal humans.
>>
>>85651662
Mountain is so fucking huge and strong that when in his retarded armor there's no way a man of not similar size could stand up to him. Guy is described as so retardedly strong he could taken on a small army by himself and only be defeated because of eventual exhaustion. Achilles would probably wreck him though since he's basically a demigod. Everybody else would be fodder.
>>
>>85662809
The original men are far superior to regular men, Aragorn lives to be like 210 years old. Hell, when Lord of the Rings takes place is like 80 years old.
>>
>>85657758
Even fucking cave trolls are smart enough to "PICK CLUB AND SMASH"
>>
>>85651662
Achilles since he's practically immortal and none of them would just guess about his heel being his one weakness.

I don't know how anyone can pick the mountain since Oberyn would have killed him if he only had the intention of killing him rather than go on an autistic rant about his sister. Aragorn would definitely kill Jamie since he's also of some bullshit superhuman race.
>>
>>85651662
lmao what are maximus and captn nathan algren doing in there? they're like the most realistic of all... of course they wouldn't last against fictional superwarriors
>>
>>85650943
Jaime "Lefty" "Fucks his own sister" Lannister would not beat an 80 year old Dunedain. Aragorn would kill Cersei, get Jaime's balls back, and then they can be friends.
>>
>>85655645
nice
>>
>>85661367
Not kings, not of comparable skill.
>>
>>85663433
Oberyn had a spear. These idiots have swords.
>>
>>85651969
We do get to see it though, Jaime kills Jory, Ned Stark's personal guard and probably one of the best fighters from Winterfell in the first book/season.
>>
>>85650943
The real question is who's the strongest LOTR character that Jaime would have a chance against.
Maybe Imrahil?
>>
>>85662886
died from infection
>>
File: späre.png (76KB, 548x480px) Image search: [Google]
späre.png
76KB, 548x480px
>>85664134
Spurdo spärdö hits agen fuck:DD
>>
>>85662556
*Rides through your frontline*
>>
Sometimes I wonder if GRRM has actually read LotR
>>
File: 1492707123588.gif (1MB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
1492707123588.gif
1MB, 217x217px
>>85664572
>>
>>85651662
Barristan in his prime was never beaten. Even Old Bazza could easily beat everyone but Achilles and struggle with beating The Mountain.
>>
>>85664874
People severely underrate Barristan. If it's prime Barry vs Mountain, Barry takes it. He killed Maelys the Monstrous when he was a teenager, and Maelys was basically the original Mountain.
>>
>>85652621
neither would ANY sword. blades literally could not penetrate plate armor, unless you would ram it with full power of full hands directly orthogonal, then you could get maybe 1 inch into the fucking chainmail. plate armor was OP as fuck
>>
>>85662040
Goddamn that game is so fucking good.
>>
File: Battle_of_the_Trident.jpg (97KB, 500x547px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_the_Trident.jpg
97KB, 500x547px
>All this discussion and comparison of ASoIaF fighters
>No mention of Bobby B
This dude was a monster before he turned into a fat king. Smashed Rhaegar Targaryen into pieces, while Rhaegar was supposedly one of the best knights to ever live (who also beat Arthur Dayne in tourneys).
>>
>>85650943
Yes, but what is their tax policies?
>>
>>85663696
in what way was the spear critical to Oberyn's initial wrecking, he was mostly using it as a sword
>>
>>85651105
Dis all day son
>>
>>85650943
Was opie's post a categorical truth?
>>
>>85665192
>that yellow armour with those stag horns

Fuaaark gets my dick so hard
>>
>>85662326
to be fair LOTR orcs are supposed to be significantly inferior to men having to rely on significant numerical advantages to have a shot at winning
And we never really meet regular people up close, heck 3 out of 4 of the hobbits were effectively nobility
>>
>>85661928
i know who Barristan is m8, HBO baristan is old and was easily put down by the sons of harpy. it doesn't matter who he was in his prime, it's about him at the time he's depicted in the show (((old)))
>>
>>85666072
Art of Bobbie Bs and Rhaegars armor are super sick
>>
>>85661436
Well the guys who wrote a lot of these treatises seemed to think so. For a lot of them fencing was a deeply fulfilling practice a fact they are very enthusiastic to share. They just go used to the fact that it can also be painful and horrifying to loose. The high stakes nature of it is partly what makes it such a noble art.
>>
>>85651173
>and Brienne is a freakishly large woman.
freakishly large? like an orc? so he cant beat a single orc? wew aragorn in other hand...
>>
>>85667267
lotr orcs were shit enough the average female could beat them 1 on 1
>>
>>85653172
>GURM has said Jamie is the Lancelot of asoiaf.
He's a French fan fiction character?
>>
>who would win, x or y?
Are you twelve?
>>
STREAM where?
>>
>>85653785
Any chapter he is in is great
Him and Ser Barristan the Based were my favorite POVs in the later books
>>
>>85667322
Uruk-hai might wanna have an word with you.
>>85667681
Where do you think you are faggot. Im 13 at least.
Also x wins for not being gay.
>>
>>85662040

Since we started pulling characters from all the media out there
>>
>>85664966
iirc he says Maelys didn't have dick on the Mountain
>>
File: 5.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>85650943

>you can't make a movie that's 100% tension
>>
File: Strider_in_Prancing_Pony_-_FOTR.png (126KB, 595x527px) Image search: [Google]
Strider_in_Prancing_Pony_-_FOTR.png
126KB, 595x527px
>The King
>versus a cripple
It's over before it's even begun.
>>
I feel like jamie was a bit like a young talent in a sport. He has obvious ability and easily BTFOs the other nobles sons under the lannisters. However he gets the plaudits and victories in early and while he still works, tye hunger or dedication is gone, and there is a lack of great challengers. Meanwhile, guys like Dayne and Selmy, or even ser Ulrick had constant combat to sharpen themselves. Jamie is good, but even in his underpowered universe he is mearly strong not legendary.
>>
>>85667829
Guts would win even the game Geralt.
>>
File: 1404769279464.png (462KB, 854x471px) Image search: [Google]
1404769279464.png
462KB, 854x471px
>>85667829
*beaches you boat*
>>
>>85651477
Borimir is literally one point below aragon, in the books he was a human snowplow up the mountian pass with arms wide open clearing the way.
The man just outclasses 99% of people, Lotor is high fantasy powerlevels, he's a mythalogical figure, its like saying jamie could beat king Arthur
>>
>>85651789
To be fair, the original men were basically mortal elves. Especially the numenorians.
>>
Jamie is just a guy who is really good and all, but just a guy. Aragorn is like an 120 year old dude in his physical prime who was on multiple campaigns and survived all kinds of shit. He was trained in combat by elves and humans, where has his step father is literally 1000 years old having faught literal gods and demons. Jamie would even be able to take Gimili to be honest.
>>
>>85651662
>all these achilles dick suckers in this thread

A random river would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>85661538
He was a ranger for years, a skilled outdoorsman and gurilla fighter that told frodo that he was putting down stuff that would give townsfolk nightmares they had no idea was so close to their doorstep for decades.
>>
>>85669728
>can't separate Troy Achilles from mythological Achilles

Goddamn son, get it together.
>>
>>85662809
He's a diminished numenorean. He's roughly dark elf level. If he was a full numenorean he'd be on eldar level.
>>
>>85669360
Im pretty sure Gimli is strong and tought as hell and would win anyone on westerios. I mean he's
dwarve after all.
>>
>>85670124
I don't recall him doing much in the book
Legolas did the most iirc since he 360 no scooped a Nazgul like twice
>>
>>85670008
>mythological
>implying the iliad wasn't real
>>
>>85670392
In the book Legolas and Gimili were pretty close in terms of their ability to kill orcs. I don't remember the exact count but it wasn't too far off.
>>
>>85650943

Aragorn isn't primarily a swordfighter, he's 100 years old and so has a tonne of experience but he's not a duelist and not the best swordfighter in Middle Earth. Idk who GURM or Jamie Lannister are, so I can;t say if they're better.
>>
>>85670614
>Idk who GURM or Jamie Lannister are

Then your opinion is fucking worthless because you've added literally nothing to the conversation that wasn't already said 100 posts ago.

Fucking tit.
>>
>>85670614
>but he's not a duelist and not the best swordfighter in Middle Earth
>>
GOT is marxist drivel trash catering to plebs everywhere, too successful for its own good and will be irrelevant and replaced the same way nobody talks about LOST fondly any more
>>
>>85662685
No they didnt idiot and if they did the hound would destroy brienne, she's just average male fighter tier. She loses to rorge and biter in the books, who are shit tier.
>>
>>85670532
Fighting gimli on one on one would be death sentence for Jaimie, his axe and strenght would destroy armors like nothing and he would not quit. Also he can take blows that would kill humans like nothing.
>>85671075
I did correct myself >>85662886
>>
>>85671182
correct yourself to being wrong? he doesn't die
>>
>>85670848
Some rando elf was probably the best
>>
>>85671233
Apparently the googled source i used was faggot and had wrong information. What hapens to book hound?
>>
>>85671521
you're pretty much right but it's all but confirmed he was saved by some priest after arya leaves him.
>>
File: 1498525207527.jpg (744KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498525207527.jpg
744KB, 1920x1080px
Talion stomps both. :^)
>>
>>85672352
I unironically enjoy this game, and I've read every one of the Tolkien's works.
>>
>>85671521
Book hound is 'implied' to survive and be a grave keeper at a local church. That's the last the books mentioned him.
>>
>>85675181
That's satisfying, i want him to have some peace in the end. Does the books have any good characters left other than Jaimie and should i read them? And do you think GRRR will ever finish the series?
>>
>>85672352
Who?
>>
>>85652264
Jaime at his prime could take The Hound. But one-handed Jaime would get his ass kicked.
>>
>>85669728
He beat the river, though.
>>
>>85650943
Aragorn is literally superhuman.
>>
>>85651953
That's because 300 is being told by the Spartan who lost an eye and was set back to Sparta to get the forces to rally together. He is exaggerating the events of the Battle of Thermopylae to excite the Spartan army before they go to tear the Persians a new one.
>>
>>85651662
It all came down to where this battle is fought.
Is it in Troy? then Achiles dies against a fucking nobody.
Anywhere else and he cannot be killed. Period.
>>
>>85650943
>Beating Aragorn
>A magical 80 year old super human
>Who's been trained by a god-like magic race
>Who's survived years alone the wilderness
>Who's beaten monsters and demons

Okay
>>
>>85655897
Eomer was a beast too
>>
>>85661928
>Barristan
>the guy who got beaten by some angry nobles with daggers
>this is a bookfags hero
>>
>>85652439
biggest bullshit is Tyrion saying ASOIAF has no ta'veren. Dany and Jon Snow have the plot on their side so fucking hard.
>>
>>85653069
Oberyn used poison, though, and a special one too.
>>
>>85670392
Arrows are fucking broken in Tolkien. Smaug went down to just one.
>>
>>85687294
that was a giant spike the size of a small telephone pole
there's a reason they needed a big ass fancy mounted crossbow
>>
>>85652348
>>85651443
what?
Rand is a literal wizard he could just flick his hand and snap Jaime's neck
>>
Only on Final Destination with no items on.
>>
>>85650943
6"6 Numenorean descended from men and elves vs a dude with a sword
>>
>>85651662
leonidas literally destroys everyone in that pic
>>
>>85687547
FUCK THOSE MOVIES
>>
Jesus christ is that pic on the right from the show or a photoshoot? Are the costumes that boring?
>>
>>85652004
Terrible fucking post, this "person" should get banned.
>>
>>85687547
hacksonfag detected
>>
>>85665115
>neither would ANY sword. blades literally could not penetrate plate armor, unless you would ram it with full power of full hands directly orthogonal, then you could get maybe 1 inch into the fucking chainmail. plate armor was OP as fuck
We don't really know, but considering European knights could easily chop through massive helmets (which is possible, but kinda seen as a master/superhuman feat in other cultures), it's not impossible to cut plate.
>>
>>85655645
>has no idea who Aragorn is
Anyone who gives any edge to Jaime is a moron. Aragorn is literally demigod levels.
>>
>>85651768
Because they pissed the Creator and he fucking reshaped the world and sunk their continent for doing so.
>>
>>85650943
Jamie hasn't fought anyone since season 2
He's got ring rust, he's out of shape, has one hand, past his prime
>>
>>85670848
Seeing a long-haired white guy with a sword standing down horde of dark skins gives me goosebumps. Dunno why, I'm not even white.
>>
>>85652509
> for long enough that his sword was fucked and Dayne allowed him to grab a new one.

How fucking goat is that
>>
>>85661538
See >>85688200
You're a moron.
>>
>>85650943
George doesn't like to think about Tolkein's characters as being superhuman hero tier. He thinks that Bronn could beat Legolas too, which is completely fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>85688299
Are you retarded? You realize he's talking about book Jaime, right?
>>
>>85688501
GRRM has a huge chip on his shoulder regarding Tolkien because of politics.
>>
>>85688567
All of that is blown way out of proportion. George loves Tolkien just like every other fantasy author does, regardless of monarchism and Aragorn's tax policy
>>
>>85665192
Rhaegar was overhyped. He was a talented fighter to be sure, but his only achievements were infrequent tourney wins. That's not a very good representation of your ability in real combat. Also, one of the two times Rhaegar beat Dayne was probably rigged.

Bobby B, meanwhile, killed him with Baratheon tard strength. Again, he was a much better than average fighter, but he's not worth mentioning alongside the truly GOAT fighters in ASoIaF like Dayne, Selmy, and two-handed Jaime.
>>
>>85688501
But Bronn is a based killer and he knows his own skill level and his own talent inside and out. In a fair fight, sure, the Elf wins, but Bronn would never allow himself a fair fight with anyone, so he'd end up killing Legolas anticlimactically.

Either a sucker stab, an ambush, or something really filthy like him falling into a booby trap
>>
>>85688527
You do realize what board you're on, what picture was used, that this thread was posted because it's sunday and the show aired today.. right? You shitbrained faggot
>>
>>85688527
It's irrelevant. Any Jaime gets rekt.

>>85689003
>This GoT baby has no idea how a Mirkwood Elves work
They're the lowest of the low Elves in LotR and they'd still shit on most if not all people on GoT. It's not about fighting fair or not, he's simply outskilled in every way. He'd get fucking killed in a matter of seconds if Legolas wanted to.

Read the fucking books, you've no idea whatsoever of what you're talking about you HBO baby.
>>
>>85659105
i got this reference :D
>>
>>85689003
Bronn's single greatest achievement is killing a 50 year old man of no great talent. His general fighting strategy is to rely on DEX>STR, but Legolas blows him out of the water in both respects. He never tires, his body is more durable, his senses are much sharper, his weapons are of much higher quality. Legolas kills orcs by the dozens, and it's not like they always hit above the belt. There's no dirty trick that Bronn could pull to conceivably defeat Legolas. And that's not even touching the fact that Legolas is Elven nobility and a great hero, which by the logic of Tolkien makes him greater than any mere mortal.
>>
>>85676279
all the characters are good in the books, it's not at all like the show. Just dont read the last 2 in the order released (read a feast for dragons or one of the other combined versions) or you have 30 chapters of cersei being a paranoid obnoxious cunt in a row.
>>
>>85651662
None of these guys have a bow and arrow so Achilles cant lose.
>>
>>85688567
t. retard who takes shitposting as a news source
>>
>>85689379
why are you tolkien tards assuming he was taking into consideration their gay mary sue tier magic powers?
>>
>>85690834
>Why are we assuming the character has his typical abilities

Gee I don't know, good point
>>
>>85690990
yeah it is because obviously if your character has warhammer-esque magic abilities you wouldnt bother comparing it to something reality grounded. Like how retarded are you?
>>
>>85691073
>>85690834
>Why do these characters who have these abilities and were written this way get to carry that into battle with other characters who have their own abilities and were written that way??!?
>REEEEEEEEEEEE

You realise how retarded you sound, right? Stop crying, GoT baby.
>>
>>85691351
they dont have retarded magic abilities in ASOIAF though thats my whole point?
>>
>>85691525
So? There is magic in GoT, just because GRUM is a shit writer who has a chip on his shoulder it doesn't mean you can suddenly alter the canon of LotR to have Jaime win because you have a boner for him.
Kys.
>>
>>85688604
"if you’re going to write about war, and you just want to include all the cool battles and heroes killing a lot of orcs and things like that and you don’t portray [sexual violence], then there’s something fundamentally dishonest about that."

“By 1918 all but one of my close friends were dead”.

One of these quotes is by a man who experienced one of the bloodiest wars in history. The other is by a man who wanted to make a cheap shot to elevate his own work and sell more copies. I will let you guess which is which.
>>
>>85691073
You'd have to ask Martin, he's the one who decided to make the comparisons.
>>
>>85691965
>>85692277
maybe he was just talking about their skill levels discounting the mary sue magic shit.
>>
>Is he right?

Yes. Objectively. He's the author, what he writes is what happens in his fantasy world.
>>
>>85692473
>Samefagging your own shitty posts to save face
Stop.
>>
>all this aragorn dick sucking

what the fuck, hes like a mediocre ranger at best people. next to a dwarf lord and elven prince he's fucking krillen
>>
@85692760
poor b8
>>
>>85692590
u wot?
>>
>>85650943
By the time the books/show start, Jamie is already washed up, and doesn't do anything great during the story thus far. Jamie just has stories of how great he WAS, nothing for us to know though
>>
>>85652252
>last samurai
thats fucking wrong, tom cruise isnt a samurai nor is he the last samurai the last samurai was ken watanabes character
>>
>>85661538

Aragorn fought against men more than orc and goblins before the story of lotr. He was a high ranking soldier of Gondor that reconquered some parts of southern Gondor you shitfaced faggot.
>>
>>85652348
While he has plot armour, its in universe plot armour.

But he still fucks up hard amd is called on it. Those things means he cannot be a mary sue by definition
>>
>>85667829
Busting out anime is literally cheating.
>>
>>85661467
Wtf happened to Jackson
>>
>tv now has power level discussions

what's next? DVD player wars?
could this board get any worse?
>>
>>85650943
Aragon would cut Jaime down like the summer wheat he is.
>>
>>85696688
pfft everyone knows that the PANASONIC DVD S97S is the best

also HD DVD > Blueray
>>
>>85694215
>thinks orcs and goblins are two different things in LotR
C'mon now
>>
>>85653270
She's trying to hold in a fart.
>>
>>85692760
Jaime is Yamcha then
>>
>>85697097
jaime is mr.satan
>>
>>85662556
The zodiac killer?
>>
>>85652310
He wasn't toying with Ned is the shownfight anon, Ned was dead serious and Jaime was just fucking around, you can see it in every shot
>>
>>85698743
* was toying
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.