[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Luthor arm his super illegal secret mercenaries with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 26

File: bvs poster.jpg (392KB, 1910x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bvs poster.jpg
392KB, 1910x1000px
Why did Luthor arm his super illegal secret mercenaries with bullets that had his name on the casings?
>>
he didnt so what are you talking about?
>>
Do you not?
>>
>>85648951
>OP makes up a lie to fit his narrative of bashing this movie
imagine being this pathetic
>>
>>85648951
We all know all the weapons are made by Stark Industries.
>>
Lex was guy with the plan. Bullets were part of the plan. It was plan too big for little minds.
>>
What was the point of the whole "Krypton's atmosphere is dangerous" gimmick in MoS if they were going to commit to Kryptonite in all subsequent films?
>>
>>85649175
What do you mean?
>>
>>85648951
Theoretically, every bullet can be tracked. (Her country, material and possibly owner)
But if you made this bullet by yourself, in secret from everyone, from an alloy that no one has ever used in bullets - the chances of being found are greatly reduced.
In theory.
I understood the situation as follows.
>>
>>85649247
They did all that stuff about breathing Krypton's air to de-power Superman in Man of Steel because they didn't want to use kryptonite, but then they turn around and just use kryptonite anyway.
>>
Who thought that it was a good idea to make Lex Luthor Mr. Quipman in this film?
>>
>>85649357
Its been a minute since i've seen man of steel, wasn't he just not used to the stuff like how zod and friends weren't used to earth's atmosphere?
I think they planned on restraining him but depowering wasn't really the plan
>>85649544
Lets hear some of those quips, lad.
>>
File: IMG_0105.jpg (437KB, 1466x1556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0105.jpg
437KB, 1466x1556px
Watch out, if you defame OP his Sri Lankan butt buddies will come to his aid
>>
>>85649357
>>85649582
Kryptonians are like humans when they are on krypton.
The kryptonian atmosphere possibly wasn't really killing him but he had a violent reaction because he wasn't used to it.
Kryptonite is a substance that is deadly to him but doesn't remove his powers.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>marvelfags hate what they dont understand
very powerful line
>>
>>85649582
>Let gods and demons run around our little blue marble *aggressively shakes bowl of jolly ranchers in an example of egregious product placement*
>Once you forge a silver bullet you don't need to rely on the KAHNDNESS of MOHNSTARS (what was going on with his intonation here??)
>EAT THE FUCKING CANDY, SENATOR
>dude I'm wearing sneakers with my suit because I'm so quirky lmao
Just a brief sample from his introductory scene. Luthor talks and acts like a 60 year old man's idea of what the hip young kids are like these days, if he was writing Luthor with a glass of pill-spiked liquor in one hand and a copy of Mythology for Highschool Freshman in the other
>>
>>85649582
Its been a while but I remember reading interviews where Snyder and Nolan were talking about how they had to come up with ways to remove Superman's powers and make him "mortal" that didn't involve Kryptonite, because they thought that it was a stupid and contrived idea. But then for BvS, and probably all films after it will just use Kryptonite, so it seems like an odd decision.
>>
>>85649305
>every bullet can be tracked. (Her country...)
>her
Did you just assume the bullet's gender, shitlord?
>>
Also I find it weird how Superman was seemingly unaware of Batman until the events of BvS, judging by the way he was talking to the random Gotham residents. Wouldn't someone like Batman be a world-famous celebrity? There's no way that Clark could not know about him, especially given Clark's profession as a journalist who's plugged into the media from the town across the bay from Gotham.
>>
File: 0737 - IpIcL7q.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
0737 - IpIcL7q.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>85648951
yeah that part never made sense and nobodys explained it ITT
>>
>>85648951
Getting caught was part of his plan
>>
>>85650366
It's not our job to explain it to you, you have to be smart enough to understand it yourself
>>
>>85649770
>>85649582
>"I'm blocking your mineral import license"
>Luthor actually does a pretty good job emoting barely-concealed rage in his expressions
>THE REDCAPES ARE COMING! THE REDCAPES ARE COMING! ONE IF BY LAND, TWO IF BY AIR! THIS DOESN'T SOUND AWKWARD AND OUT-OF-PLACE AT ALL!
It's like the writers sat down in a meeting and asked themselves "What if we took a legitimately threatening villain and crossed him with Sheldon Cooper?"
>>
>>85649770
>not knowing what KAHNDNESS OF MOHNSTARS is referencing
I don't like bvs at all, but if you really don't recognize that, you are utterly a pleb or underage and should get out
>>
>>85648951
Jesus christ another anti dc thread? How much are you guys panicking over WW's success?
>>
>>85650486
Nice meme
>>
>>85650545
Understanding the reference does not make it any less jilted in the context of the conversation. Substituting dialogue for back-to-back-to-back references isn't clever, its awkward and annoying.
>>
>>85650585
>Anti dc thread
>Op asks a legitimate question about the movie
You sound pretty paranoid, anon
>>
Is the DCEU going to roll with Batman/WW from now on? They were teasing it in BvS.
>>
File: IMG_0499.jpg (163KB, 2046x935px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0499.jpg
163KB, 2046x935px
>>85648951
To flaunt his power to Lois and Superman.
>>
>>85649692
It wasn't just the atmosphere. Jay-Ur revealed they were using some tech on their ship to actively dampen his abilities. It's only after you see him react to the atmosphere that they'd kicked it in.
>>
>Lexcorp = Microsoft
>Wayne Industries = ___
???
>>
>>85650078
Batman is supposed to be so good at his job he's just regarded as an urban legend.
>>
>>85651538
Gotham media treats him as real, which would be local news to Clark
>>
>Is it stealing if you steal from another thief?
Yes. They made a bunch of movies with George Clooney regarding this idea.
>>
>>85651122
Elon Musk, maybe?
>>
>>85650000
We've introduced magic now, so there's tons of stuff that can conceivably hurt Kryptonians besides just kryptonite.
>>
>>85651592
It's in the best interests of Gotham to treat him as real, whether they believe him to be or not.
>>
>>85651592
No they are 2 separate cities across a river. Like New York and New Jersey. And plus I think Batman came out of retirement (which is why you see the montage of him training again and getting the suit back out) because of what Superman did in metropolis.
It's probably been 5-10 years since "The Bat Vigilante" was in his prime. And Clark probably was in growing up in Smallville at that time, so he's probably never heard of him.
>>
>>85652463
I don't remember a montage of Batman re-training to put on the suit, he had it on in his intro, when they lifted the "rookie cop almost kills Batman while Batman fucks some criminal's shit up" scene from Miller.
>Clark wouldn't have known about the Batman since he grew up in Smallville.
Nah. Think about how famous Batman is now, all the merch, all the presence in pop culture, etc. He's not even real in our world. There wouldn't be a kid alive in the USA who hadn't heard of Batman beating bad guys up at night on the east coast.
>>
>>85652606
>Bond would be a bad secret agent because everyone knows him from the movies.
>>
>>85649744
Hahhaha
>>
>>85652717
Bond doesn't make a habit of leaving bat-shaped tools everywhere behind as calling cards to make himself known.
>>
What was the point of Batman's weird desert-world visions? Were they glimpses of the Injustice timeline? The bad guys had Supes logos on their body armor.
>>
>>85652889
It might be better explained in Justice League since there where parademons.
>>
>>85652889
They shoehorned justice league shit, they could had skipped the flash and the dessert stuff and the movie would had been better
>>
>>85652606
There ain't a kid alive who hasn't heard of Bigfoot, either.
>>
>>85652606
Yeah, because he's a fictional character who's in movies and comics. He wouldn't be in the DC universe lol
>>
>>85652889
Batman caught a glimpse of a possible future
I like that scene alot but my mom was like whats going on how'd he there lol its just a dream or is it
>>
>>85652998
That desert scene was bad ass
>>
>>85652889
>>85652936
That's absolutely what it is. I think it's a side-effect of Barry's visit.
>>
>>85653095
Desert scene had nolan-tier fight choreography. Batman beating people to death with a loaded rifle instead of shooting them? All those thugs conveniently forgetting about their guns to try and fistfight with him? Please
https://youtu.be/5lowHa27RcQ?t=2m9s
>>
>>85652936
>>85652998
>>85653130
But JL is going to be about Darkseid, isn't it, not Injustice? Not exactly relevant. I also wish they wouldn't adapt Injustice. The "dude what if Superman was secretly evil" meme is getting old, it's just batwank in disguise.
>>
>>85653284
JL is about steppenwolf
>>
>>85653284
JL is about one of Darkseid's generals but his parademon army is going to be in it.
There was a supposed leaked script that said Steppenwolf resurrects Superman to fight for Darkseid but Lois breaks the brain washing. So Flash's warning was about that.
>>
>>85653130
How are they going to introduce Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman while still having room left over for the actual plot of the movie? I thought that BvS had a rushed plot, but I shudder to think about the state of JL.
>>
>>85653205
They were told to bring him in alive, dumbass. You know how I know that?

They brought him in alive.
>>
>>85653471
Also, I suspect that Clark's serving as a host for Darkseid.
>>
>>85650078
The real question is WTF Batman was doing during Suicide Squad. Wasn't that scenario exactly what he was planning for in BvS? The Suicide Squad was a bunch of losers who only won because the Enchantress was too stupid to live.
>>
>>85653790
Just ignore that SS exists, anon
>>
>>85652717
Bond is a secret agent in name only. All the main villains already know him and it doesn't matter, because he's an action hero not a real spy.
>>
>>85653790
The events in Suicide Squad were taking place and Nader a media blackout. By the time shit REALLY went sideways, it was also nearly over.
>>
>>85653862
>media blackout
>implying that would stop Batman
>implying Batman doesn't have his own metahuman monitoring network
>>
>>85649050
>>85648981
Sorry, the bullets were merely made from a unique Lexcorp-made experimental alloy and fired from PMC employees who were known to be under the employ of Lex Luthor. Totally not the same thing as writing "Lexcorp" on the brass.
>>
>>85653925
Maybe that's what he was working on. He sure as hell hadn't looked beyond his own city in BvS.
>>
>>85649544

Nearly all Luthor's dialog is wordplay or culture reference that alludes to the themes of the film. It's actually pretty amazing and I only started to really get it on my second viewing. Bravo Terrio.
>>
>>85650489

It's his persona. Notice his even more suppressed autist rage when she stops him tapping his hand.
>>
How come Superman didn't detect the bomb in the guy's wheelchair?
>>
>>85654114
Did you pick up on his veiled reference to ARGUS in his convo with Lois? It's so well done I only hit on it a couple of weeks ago.
>>
>>85654340

Led lined bomb chamber in the chair, literally explained in the director's cut.
>>
>>85654340
Because 1) he could barely bring himself to look at the guy, and 2) it was lead-lined.
>>
One thing I never got was if Batman blamed Superman for the taunting messages that were written on Bomberman's returned checks, or if he blamed Luthor.
>>
>>85654461
Is the director's cut the same as the extended cut?
>>
>>85654722
He didn't blame either one of them. Lex set up the security guard to look like an even bigger nutter than he was. Bruce blamed himself for not being able to help the guy. In Bruce's mind, he became one more of Superman's victims in need of vengeance.
>>
>>85654770
Yes.
>>
I don't remember where they said that Luthor was communing with Darkseid to get his master plan
>>
>You know, the secret to height is in the building material! Light metal, that doesn't sway in the wind and that can't be melted by jet fuel...
How did Snyder get away with this?
>>
>>85654267
There were definitely points at which I was rooting for characters to interrupt him and say "So what's the point of this huge tangent you're taking me on right now, Luthor?" I would say that there are times in which they took it too far and it interrupted the flow of normal dialogue.
>>
>kills guys in desert to make it look like superman did it
>blackmails witness to say superman did it
>arranges for guys with bat brand to be murdered in prison
>arranges for clark to be at the gala in gotham so that superman will become aware about batman
>intercepts wheelchair guy's paychecks and sends them back with messages to make the guy seem unhinged
>lead lined wheelchair so superman can't see the bomb
>tfw Luthor being a criminal mastermind is completely overshadowed by him being an autistic quipping sperg
>>
>>85655275
I don't think he was. I'm not even sure he'd been in direct contact with them before the end.
>>
>>85655806
Also, wouldn't
>I had to kill Batman because Luthor would have burned my mother to death if I didn't
seem really sympathetic in the public eye? It's not like he was asking Supes to murder a school full of innocent kids or anything. Hell, doing awful things to save your loved ones is probably the one thing that literally everyone on Earth could empathize with.
>>
>>85655275
He wasn't. He didn't make contact with him until near the end
>>
>>85655888
So then what was his master plan for if Doomsday defeated Superman and was then left unchecked to destroy the whole planet? People usually say that Darkseid's keikaku had a backup for this possibility
>>
>>85652936
What was the weird not-tesseract cube thing that they used to make Cyborg?
>>
>>85655883
What proof does he have? It's literally just his word against Lex's. For the record, hat's the billionaire philanthropist being accused by the guy who just beheaded a fellow vigilante.

Clark would have had literally nothing to back up one thing he's saying.
>>
>>85656135
Motherbox
Technology from Darkseid's planet.
Lex was telling Steppenwolf there were some on Earth at the end of BvS here >>85655888
>>
>>85648951
They didn't have his name, and he didn't give a fuck anyway- because he was going to kidnap the people who'd know about it in the end, and he never thought about losing.
>>
>>85656192
Luthor said he was gonna film everything, I can only presume that he was going to post it online to gloat and further the deconstruction of the "Supes == God" image
>>
>>85655950
Lex already had a backup. That's why he made it a point to have Diana close at hand.
>>
>>85650621
The references are there to reveal Luthor's character and his feelings toward others. You clearly don't know what that line is based on nor why Luthor would say that specifically to Finch.

People don't care when Iron Man calls Hawkeye Legolas. That's a reference too and very easy to get (Ohh because that guy shoots arrows!) whereas Luthor's one line reveals how he considers his own relationship with Finch and the rest of the government, and even ties into the end of the film as a subtle foreshadowing.
>>
>>85656236
Yeah, that's what I think, too. Eyes on the fight and more cameras at the ship.
>>
>>85656280
Damn it, anon, I got every single fucking reference Luthor made, but they don't work because rattling off references like you're reading a mother fucking wikipedia article is not good dialogue. It's not how people talk, it doesn't sound natural, it sounds overly theatrical and bad. Luthor doesn't speak like a character, he speaks like they gave Eisenberg a few dozen snippets from Encyclopedia articles re: baby's first comparative religious studies course and told him "here just read this like you're constipated and need to take a shit real bad." Thinking that coating your dialogue in citations equates to well-written dialogue is one of the most elementary writing mistakes you can make, and only contrarians and fanboys pretend otherwise. Similarly, thinking "oh the reason you didn't like it is because you were too stupid to get the references" is apex pleb tier, especially since on this anonymous basket weaving forum you can't prove that you didn't look up a video on Youtube by searching "pls help me understand BvS dialogue I'm stupid" and aren't just pretending otherwise.
>People don't care when Marvel quips
Maybe in the parallel universe that you come from they don't, but here in this reality it's the #1 complaint regarding Marvel films.
>>
When Batman gassed Superman with the kryptonite, why didn't he just snap his neck?
>>
>>85649770
>>85650489
Literally no quips present
>>
>>85649544
There are zero quips that come from Lex Luthor. What are you talking about?
>>
>>85656585
Lex isn't just any person, though. He's an insanely rich guy and money commands a certain amount of respect. Don't believe me? Then I suggest you go watch Elon Muskmrambling to Congress about the perils of AI.

More to the point, literally every reference Lex makes is a veiled reference to information or knowledge he possesses that the other party does not. He hoards information, and lords it over you with references you can't possibly grasp the implications of in the here and now.
>>
>>85649050
>imagine being this pathetic
Yeah, specially when you don't really have to make up any bullshit reasons to realize this movie is complete dogshit.
>>
>>85657107
>More to the point, literally every reference Lex makes is a veiled reference to information or knowledge he possesses that the other party does not. He hoards information, and lords it over you with references you can't possibly grasp the implications of in the here and now.
I know why they did it and I know what they were going for, but it sounds clumsy and awkward. I don't like it for the same reason I don't like Big Band Theory dialogue. DUDE REFERENCE is not a good way to make your character sound clever. It's a good way to show that your writers know how to google things.
>>
>>85652889
It was a subtle teaser for the JL movie. Instead of doing the after credits gimmick like Marvel, Snyder shoved it in the middle of the movie and fucked up the already shoddy pacing of the film, showing a bunch of shit absolutely unrelated with the movie that has no payoff later. Not to mention nobody realized that was supposed to be The Flash since he looks absolutely nothing like the character, and there's no visual similarities with his appearance later on the movie either, so people could join the dots.
>>
>Batman, please help me! Luthor has my mom, he says that if I don't kill you, she dies! I don't want to fight!
There, climactic fight avoided
>>
>>85657246
Agree to disagree. I think Information Age Lex constantly spouting fragmented info is fucking brilliant. He was fake news before we quite had a word for it in the popular vernacular.
>>
>>85657505
>"Bruce, please you have to listen to me! I was wrong. Lex wants to -"
*Super sonic speakers activate*
>>
>>85657505
He tried that twice. Bruce wasn't much in the mood to listen.
>>
I don't even get why Luthor made Doomsday to start with. Say that Supes actually succeeded in killing Batman and dumped Batman's head in front of him with 30 seconds left before Doomsday's genesis. Could he have shut it all down, given that Doomsday would no longer be needed as a backup plan?
>>
>>85657450
>It was a subtle teaser for the JL movie
You don't know what subtle means at all
>>
>>85657889
I think he wanted to destroy Superman's reputation and force him to kill before destroying him.
>>
>>85651122
Google
>>
>>85657682
I like the idea of this Luthor, the problem is that Snyder can't get a decent performance from anybody.
>>
>>85657889
The Doomsday fight is Lex's real win/win. It would have kept Clark occupied while he tidied up the remaining loose ends like Lois and Martha Kent.

Either Doomsday kills Clark and dies to Diana with a kryptonite spear, or Clark kills Doomsday, but is now already on video killing Bruce. Either way, Lex gets his "alien menace."
>>
>>85658268
What would he have done if Bruce had succeeded in killing Clark? Doomsday would have hatched for no reason other than to implicate Luthor.

>>85658246
Eisenberg's performance was pretty good, actually.
>>
>>85657973
Well, it was subtle because the general audience didn't even realize that's what it was supposed to be. The references there (omega symbol, parademons, Flash) were only understood by comic book fans, and even only a fraction of them.
The email wasn't subtle at all.
>>
>superman cant find his mother
>batmand does "detective work" and finds her in 5 minutes
>>
>>85658366
No, it wasn't. He came out as goofy and silly rather than dangerous or menacing. He was almost on a 60s Bond villain level which felt completely disconnected from the rest of the movie.
>>
>>85658455
>He came out as goofy and silly rather than dangerous or menacing
That's because his dialogue was goofy and silly. There's only so much you can do with the script that you're given. Eisenberg's emoting and delivery was on point for the whole film.
>>
>>85658455
The true bad actor was Gadot
>>
>>85658366
>What would he have done if Bruce had succeeded in killing Clark? Doomsday would have hatched for no reason other than to implicate Luthor.

Because Lex, unlike fanboys, knows that if Superman wants the billionaire in the suit dead, the billionaire in the suit is going to be dead. He thought he'd assured that outcome. To him, it was never in doubt. In effect he underestimated the nobility of his pawn.
>>
>>85658452
>can hear Lois falling to her death in Metropolis from some mountain in South America
>can't find his mom struggling in a warehouse across the harbor
>>
>>85658755

The only actual plot hole in the film.
>>
>>85658519
>Eisenberg's emoting and delivery was on point for the whole film.
No, it went completely against the tone of the film, and it's the directors resposibility to keep everything coherent. I don't blame it on Eisenberg, because he was obviously misdirected.

>>85658568
Yet she gave a decent enough performance to carry a whole film in Wonder Woman. That is because she got a director that knows how to direct actors. It's not by chance that Charlize Theron won an Oscar in a movie also directed by Jenkins, and the most liked aspect of the WW movies was the characters and their interaction.
A lot of people shit on actors because of shitty performances, but many, many times they're more the director's than the actor's fault. That's why you get so many actors doing great things in one movie and being absolute shit in another.
>>
>>85658875
And it's only there because they edited out the scene where he stopped by the farm on his way back to Metropolis.

I'd love to see that scene someday.
>>
How did they manage to hold a funeral for Superman without giving away his secret identity to the world?
>Hey, where did Superman's body go?
>Oh, that Lane reporter took it. Said it was needed for the wake of some guy named "Clark Kent."
>Huh, that's weird.
>I just do what I'm told, Dave.
>>
>>85659204
kek
>>
>>85659204
This could've been easily avoided by having the Clark Kent casket being the empty one.
>>
>>85659204
Vaporized in the blast. Hid the body, discovered it as "Clark Kent."
>>
>>85649544
Lex Luthor is the Greek Chorus of the movie, talking about the themes of the work but also people miss that he also is the ideal spectator: this angry nerd who quips, trying to get these two icons to do battle to satisfy himself and his ego. He's like a parody of a Marvel character, but instead of being just some one dimensional lesson for kids Luthor is actually a person
>>
What does Darkseid want with Earth, anyway? Why would Luthor tell him where to find Earth and that it's valuable? Isn't Luthor supposedly against the whole "aliens show up and fuck shit up" idea? What does he get out of an alien invasion force showing up to fuck shit up?
>>
How are they going to revive Superman from the dead? Isn't he already living. His dirt particles were floating in the last shot of the movie, so he's alive in his coffin, right?
>>
>>85659683
Worshippers and another core to harvest.
>>
>>85659859
But what does Luthor get out of that?
>>
>>85659951
hair
>>
>>85659683
Also, Lex has either already been corrupted by knowledge of Darkseid, or his crazy ass sees them as yet another path to real power.

That's one of the things I love about his character. Knowledge may be power, but you know what else is power? Fucking power. He has me and is trying to figure out how to get the other.
>>
>>85659793

>>85653471
>>
File: DARKSEID IS SPLASH PAGE.jpg (134KB, 1024x537px) Image search: [Google]
DARKSEID IS SPLASH PAGE.jpg
134KB, 1024x537px
>>85659683
>What does Darkseid want with Earth, anyway?

>implying there is a single micron of the universe that Darkseid dosen't seek dominion over
>>
>>85660013
>RUH-ROH !! at the top of the page
zoinks, Batman
>>
>>85660064
Clearly says Kuh-Doom
>>
>I failed him, in life
That's such a polite way of saying "I beat the living shit out of him and nearly killed him while he was trying to save his mom from being burnt alive." Why is Batman such a dick?
>>
>>85653790
"And where's the Gotham Bat? He has been a no show"

JL trailer asks that. I assume he was looking for superfriends, didn't found shit and went to Waller for info and a warning after the SS mess.
>>
>>85660383
What are the odds that the JL movie will be total garbage on release and need an extended/director's cut to save it like BvS did?
>>
>>85660005
Can these leaks be trusted? Even if they can, haven't they already done lots of reshooting?
>>
>>85659683
Luthor was broken by the end of BvS, by the whole of the movie you see him struggle to keep sane after having all the alien knowledge (and the gods he so despise) dumped into his head. By that point he was far too gone, who knows if he just wants Superman dead no matter what or even if Darksied has already gotten the Anti-Life equation and infected him during Steppenwolf's communion.

Honestly, it's hard to determine why would he contact Apokolips. Hopefully it's touched upon.
>>
>>85660925
Can you give me a quick rundown on Darkseid and the Anti-Life equation?

Also, when are they going to bring the Green Lanterns into the picture? Those space cops are meant to be the first line of defense against Darkseid, right?
>>
>>85649744
>DUDE IM 12 AND BUY INTO CORPORATE FRANCHISE WARS LIKE AN IDIOT LMAO
>>
>>85660174
When is batman not a dick
>>
>>85660994
Lanterns are mentioned in the recent comic con teaser
>>
>>85661106
When he's mentoring Jason Todd
>>
>>85659427
>having the decency to bury him next to his dad
Marvel scums
>>
>>85658452
Actually its alfred that finds the wharehouse and its only becasue they were tracking the kgbeast
>>
>>85660864
I highly doubt they're 100% trustworthy. More like people making educated guesses.

Time will tell.
>>
>>85658386
Its either make gold for the comic fans or make bullshit for the casual viewer you can't win
>>
>>85661207
I'm not a Marvel fan, and bury him next to the dad he refused to save on MoS brings about this inconsistency >>85659204
>>
Why is Batman so much more bloodthirsty in this movie than in any other adaptation? Did DCEU Batman lose his mind after Joker killed Todd?
>>
>>85657832
Would you listen if some alien tried to punk you.
>>
>>85660925
>Hopefully it's touched upon.
That's the problem with BvS. It left too many things "to be continued" and forgot it was supposed to be a movie on its own.
It rested too much in previous knowledge than the audience was supposed to have, and following movies explaining a lot of things that happened here, and it ended up being a big bloated bunch of nothing.
>>
>>85661406
He lost his mind after invincible aliens destroyed half a city.
>>
>>85660383
Can anyone translate what's being said about Luthor in that same scene?

https://youtu.be/g_6yBZKj-eo?t=45
>>
>>85661390
He didnt refuse he obeyed his fathers wishes
>>
>>85661478
But they make it sound like Batman wasting guys is a routine component of how he does business nowadays. Nobody even blinks an eye.
>>
>>85648951
Why did Luthor have actually graphic icons for the folders of the Justice Leauge members?

Seriously what did he do, hire some guy to design it then kill him? What the fuck
>>
>>85658386
>it was subtle because the general audience didn't even realize that's what it was supposed to be
It was BAD because general audiences didn't know what the hell was fucking happening. There was nothing subtle about that scene.
>>
>>85661197
>jason todd the most useless robin there has ever been
>>
>>85661558
Boo hoo he made a movie for people that actually read the comics
>>
>>85661574
Fucking take that back anon
>>
>>85661543
No, actually they point out that he has gotten more violent.
>There's a new kind of mean in him. He's angry and he's hunting
Remember BvS is a year after MoS and he had been doing it since before Superman showed up.
>>
>>85661543
Its not like he kills them with his barehands frank millers the dark knight returns he drops a whole stack of crushed cars on some bad guys causes two faces henchmens chopper to crash killing them and he snaps the jokers neck
>>
>>85661406
Apparently. Somehow, it's enough to know that Superman has a mother and that she shares the same name as his to refrain from killing him, even though he thought he was a menace to the world and had shown no remorse in murdering himself, or by proxy, dozens of smaller criminals.
Spending 2 hours building up Batman's murdering hatred for Superman only to have them become quipping buddies after a single scene and for Superman to "inspire" Batman enough for him to say he doesn't wanna fail him, all in the last 20 minutes is just shitty filmmaking. It's as if somebody pointed out to Snyder or the writers that the movie was already too long and reminded them than they should end up in friendly terms so they just slap it all together in order to leave about 15 minutes free to have a CGI fest.
>>
>Diana, you are the most precious thing on this island. You are so precious to me that I formed you out of clay, and begged Zeus to give you life.
Is that how you say "he fucked me in the pussy until I came 10 times and he pumped a gallon of semen into my womb" to a 5 year old amazon? Because forming shit out of clay isn't how I remember Zeus making kids
>>
>>85661679
He got himself killed like an idiot he blames batman but it was his fault
>>
>>85661525
He obeyed his fathers wishes by refusing to save him. He could've done it, but he didn't.
>>
>>85660994
In the comics, the Anti-Life equation is something that Darkseid is always looking to complete, but only recently ever had. It basically bends pretty much everyone to his will, sort of like a mass Jedi mind trick.

I personally think this is going to be an intrinsic part of his DCEU depiction, that simple knowledge of him is enough to corrupt you. I also think he's the reason why the Kryptonians abandoned their outposts and huddled back on Krypton. I think he needs some sort of anchor/beacon(like the Mother Boxes) to teleport Apokolips to a planet that's ripe for harvesting. I also believe that magic and belief play a role in it.
>>
>>85661620
>he made a movie for people that actually read the comics
Of all the things Synder did with MoS and BvS, this is more certainly not one of them.

I knew what that scene was, because I read the comics, but repeatedly explaining what the fuck that scene was to all of my friends was just stupid, especially when I told them it was a "possible timeline" and almost everyone agreed, including myself, that it was just a waste of screen time that served no purpose other than to create a half-ass sequel hook.
>>
>>85661715
>Its not like he kills them with his barehands
Yeah, so they don't only made him a murederer but also a hypocrite. He marks the people he catches, knowing they are gonna get brutalized in prison.
Also, he has no problem throwing his Batmobile (which his was driving) on top of the truck, obviously killing at least two of Luthor's goons.
This "murder by proxy" copout Snyder tried to pull off is actually worse, because it makes him a coward and a hypocrite.
>>
>>85661440
Fuck no. Never trust an alien. "How to serve Man" ... droll aliens, very droll.
>>
>>85660994
Never been too much of a fan of the New Gods, just know some basic stuff.

Killed his brother, first in line for the throne, for some power. Got really powerful and started his conquest for the universe and removal of free will, found out about a thing called Anti-Life Equation and is looking after it, in the comics he goes to earth because he believes a piece of the equation is on it. It basically gives him the power to mind control everything. Rumor has that the motherboxes on earth were making the calculations to derive the equation and it's the reason he has returned to it now that he knows there's "No lanterns and no Kryptonians".

God knows what happened to the Lanterns, maybe there's no human lantern yet and Abin Sabur has been MIA, maybe there is but they are in space. All we know it's that a GL Corp movie is on the way.

>>85661461
Blame WB, they felt like they had to catch up to Marvel. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not.

>>85661548
He was planing to unite them under himself, after Superman and Batman had been dealt with.
>>
>>85661558
Dude, I agree that the scene was bad, but it wasn't an obvious cocktease for a sequel for the general audience, like the email, for instance. So it even failed at what it was supposed to be, and for most people it felt like a 5 minute interlude that didn't have anything to do with the movie they were watching.
I'm not even trying to defend it.

>>85661620
No, he didn't. The comics are for people who read comics, and the movie should be for people who goes to watch the movie. Some of them overlap, but most of them don't. You don't do a 250 million dollar film for people who read comics.
And even at that, he went so much against the comic book canon on all the characters involved, that he even failed at fanservice. Just like with Watchmen.
Why WB thought it was a good idea to keep him in the helm for more movies after movies that failed to connect with general audeinces, fans and critics, like Watchmen and MoS, still baffles me.
>>
File: 4UCIA.png (224KB, 704x361px) Image search: [Google]
4UCIA.png
224KB, 704x361px
>>85661548
Luthor planned on putting the League together after Batman and Superman were out of the way. He wanted Bruce gone because he's pretty much the only guy who could conceivably challenge him for the role of the League's "sponsor."

He wanted Superman either dead or on a leash with Waller, hence why he had such a hard-on for Clark to kill Bruce. Hell, it may have even been part of a deal between him and Waller.

>"I frame the Kryptonian for your little Task Force, and I keep the other "upstanding" metahumans."

It's perfect. It's the illusion of choice. You either agree to sign on with the League or you are de facto a criminal for using your abilities to either commit *or* fight crime, because either way, you're still a criminal. So Lex gets the do-gooder types and keeps his squeaky clean philanthropist image, and Waller gets the rest.

And hey, what's a little merchandising on the side when you're the guy who brought the world the "Justice League?" He'd already cooked up cool logos for them and everything.
>>
>>85661785
He Wanted him to see the consequences of being a hero it can cost you your life
>>
>>85661992
>Blame WB, they felt like they had to catch up to Marvel.
I blame both WB and Snyder, because a good director (who's not just a hired director btw, but the DCEU runner and is also involved in the production and development of the movies) would know how to do it well.
The poor decisions on filmmaking are 100% Snyder's. The poor decision of having Snyder in charge is Warner's.
>>
>>85661744
>cutting kronos balls off letting them fall in the see creating life
>>
>>85662244
>I'm gonna teach my son a lesson, BY DYING!
>>
>>85661913
>theirs people out there that enjoyed it
I know i did
>>
>>85661699
Not only that, Alfred calls him out just for the whole branding thing.

The main story and Bruce's Knightmare actually show a progression in Bruce's embrace of violence. In the main story, he's still using buffers, things that distance him from the act of killing, whether it's an explosion, his car, or even a crate. In the Knightmare, we see him flat-out shooting people without reservation, and it culminates in him breaking someone's neck with his bare hands. That shows how much more ambivalent he'd come about killing.
>>
>>85649050
OP was right, lol you're lame man.
>>
>>85661919
In alot of frank millers batman comics theirs alot of death by proxy this is the batman snyder gave us
>>
>>85649169
It was plan to big for small mind.

Me love beeveeEss
>>
File: 1470780588683.jpg (174KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1470780588683.jpg
174KB, 950x534px
>Aliens about to invade earth
>Makes his employees go to work
>Mad that they all die
>>
>>85662110
>too retarded to understand snyder kino
>>
>Martha...
>You're letting him kill Martha...
>WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT NAME??? WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT NAME??? WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT NAME???
>His mom's name is Martha!
How would /tv/ have improved this dialogue sequence?
>>
>>85661919
You seem to be under the impression that we were *supposed* to see Bruce as heroic through the entirety of the film. We weren't. He doesn't come back to himself fully until that final scene at the funeral.

His refusal to brand Luthor pretty much said it all.
>>
>>85662484
Luthor deserved to be branded tbqh. Besides, he implies that there's a fate worse than death awaiting him at Arkham Asylum thanks to Batman's "friends."
>>
>>85662311
Kinda like the lesson your dad taught you by not loving you
>>
>>85662373
Niggas die everyday b
>>
>>85662477
>my chicken tendies you're letting them eat my chicken tendies find them save my chicken tendies
>>
>>85662484
First, this is Batman we're talking about. We're supposed to believe in him as a hero, even if he's wrong. The movie fails at making him anything but a hypocritical villain.
And second, the problem with the film is that the way they make him do a 180 and become Superman's friend to fight Luthor was fucking stupid, and it all happened in a single scene, after two hours of Batman hating and wanting to kill Superman. He just goes all the way to trust him and quip with him, when just a few minutes ago the thought Superman was the number 1 threat to mankind, and Superman completely forgetting this guy had just been about to kill him.
>>
>>85662534
DELETE THIS
>>
all snydercuck DCspics have to go back
>>
>>85662534
He's 73 and still alive and see him on an almost daily basis, and all is well with us.
Me > Snyder's Superman.
>>
>>85662526
Have you seen those tiny dirty cells in the arkham games no sink in the cells id rather die
>>
File: Batman - Training.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Training.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>85662526
You're right. If anyone's beyond redemption, it's Lex, but that's the funny thing about finding redemption - it makes you realize that if you found it, maybe everyone deserves a chance.
>>
>>85657682
it was done better in Smallville and he didn't sound like an autist
>>
>>85662686
Uh oh. A sensible post.
>>
File: 1501010076135.gif (366KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501010076135.gif
366KB, 600x600px
>>85662737
Im gonna go back in time and kill your father and frame your mother
>>
>>85662526
Yeah, because Snyder's Batman is all about killing people who don't really have a big impact on the world (all those nameless goons and street criminals he murders, either directly or indirectly) but letting the bigger and most dangerous ones alive and well, like Joker, Harley, Deadshot, Killer Croc, Luthor, etc.

At least Snyder is coherent: his Batman is as inept as his Superman.
>>
>>85662821
I'm going to go back in time, kill your real dad as a child, fuck your mother and make myself your dad.
>>
>>85662895
Not unless i go back in time and fuck you in the ass
>>
>>85662686
1) Bruce pursuing a vendetta instead of justice *is* a villain, as has been implied countless times in the comics.

2) It didn't happen in a single scene, it happened gradually over the whole end of the movie, from backing off from killing Clark, to sparing *some* lives at the warehouse fight, to fully realizing how far he'd fallen from the hero he once was. That's what he was talking about when he said, "I failed him in life. I won't fail him in his death." That's basically him vowing to live up to the example he saw Clark setting firsthand, all the way back to not coming at him full-bore in their fight.
>>
File: Thor - The Pandering.jpg (420KB, 1342x1242px) Image search: [Google]
Thor - The Pandering.jpg
420KB, 1342x1242px
>>85662735
Enjoy Ramuh*cough* - sorry, I meant ((Thor)).
>>
>>85662820
Uh oh.

>>85662982
A sensible rebuttal.
>>
>>85662821
Can I get a quick rundown on Zoom?
>>
File: 1467872538099.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1467872538099.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>come into the thread expecting to see shitskin brazillians fighting shitskin pajeets over whose capeshit is better
>it's just them discussing the capeshit instead of posting their ashy asses in pics again

disappointed tbhwy
>>
>>85663153
You just got it. Want to see it again?
>>
>>85662982
>It didn't happen in a single scene, it happened gradually over the whole end of the movie
Him starting to trust Superman did happen in a single scene, and only because of Luthor having his mother hostage. None of that denies anything of why Batman believes Superman is a threat, but in that moment he stops to believe that and just goes to help him.
And again, the rest of the things you say happen in only a few minutes, after a whole 2 hours of him being the total opposite. It's jarring. And there is no middle ground, nor graduation on his attitude towards Superman. He goes from believing he's the no.1 threat to mankind to quip with him in a few minutes. Even in the internal cronology of the movie this happens in only a few minutes compared to the months of him planning Superman's killing, and it's even more jarring and blunt in the movie's runtime. It's almost like that Step Brothers scene, but at least in that one they discovered they had 3 things in common.
>>
>>85663153
>a quick rundown
iswydt
>>
>>85663153
From the future
Obsessed Flash fan
finds a way to replicate his powers
goes back in time
sees himself being killed by the Flash
realizes he is Flash's enemy
goes back and kills Flash mom and frames his dad.
>>
File: Supercheck.gif (2MB, 245x360px) Image search: [Google]
Supercheck.gif
2MB, 245x360px
>>85663286
Oversimplification.

He started to trust him when he saw the man who could have lasered his head off from orbit didn't. Not even with his mother's life on the line.

Shit like that will change your perspective on things.
>>
So is a Green Lantern movie viable, or is it still considered damaged goods in the eyes of the public?
>>
>>85662686
The "Martha" scene is the point where Batman realizes he's being a hypocritical villain. It's not just the fact that they share the same mother's name, it's that they share their whole modus operandi. If Batman's actions are justified then so are Superman's. They're both dangerous vigilantes.
>>
>>85663502
Shit, I'd watch one, especially if they make it Lethal Weapon in Space with Guy Gardner and John Stewart as a buddy cop team, and Hal as the guy they simultaneously envy and hate for being such a perfectly Chaddish do-gooder.
>>
>>85663623
>Hey Hal, remember that one time you fucked a 13 year old alien?
>Shut the FUCK UP, Guy, for the last fucking time she was 300 on our world!
What constitutes "space legal?"
>>
>>85663379
>Oversimplification.
It's the way it's shown in the movie, so, if anybody oversimplified it, it was the writers and Snyder. If you spend 2 hours of movie and character building to have him go "well, I guess I was wrong, let's go fight the big bad together" in a single scene, that's poor filmmaking.
They also could've play this off a bit more in the Doomsday fight sequence, showing them slowly starting to trust each other more and more in order to defeat them together, but they failed to give Batman anything to do in that fight because they needed a bunch of CGI explosions and buildings going down.
I understand what the movie was going for, but it isn't what it actually did. We all knew from the start that no matter what happened, Bruce and Clark were gonna end up friends. The problem is the way they did. It didn't feel earned, and it didn't pay off. It was as if they realized after the script was over that they needed Bruce and Clark to become friends before Superman's death scene. It all comes out as an afterthought, just like Doomsday.
To me, this movie smells like a script that was in the middle of rewrites but it was forced into production anyway. There's a bunch of decent ideas but they're not well put together.
>>
>>85663691
See? This shit writes itself.
>>
How did Lex know who Supes and Batman were
>>
>>85663623
>Guy Gardner and John Stewart as a buddy cop team
This would be the best. Too bad Johns is now involved in the DCEU so that means Hal dick sucking everywhere. He'd have him defeating every single JL villain if he could.
>>
>>85663877
It's fine, man. It's pretty clear that you can't into subtext and think Bruce was ever doing anything but externalizing his own grief as a coping mechanism in precisely the same way he did with his parents, which is a big part of why the intro and the Battle of Metropolis scene both end with Bruce looking toward the sky. Superman's just the latest update to his beautiful lie - another target for vengeance, one that he's way more comfortable killing directly(or so he thinks) because in a moment of rage, he'd already done it once before.

It's literally all right there.
>>
>>85664067
How did Lex knew his blood was gonna create Doomsday and how did he plan to stop him if it killed Superman?
>>
>>85663119
Wrong. lol
>>
>>85664119
you're not even halfway addressing his arguments any more

that's how hard that guy is destroying you
>>
>>85664119
What is this image meant to prove? That SS Joker is Jason?
>>
File: Suicide Squad - Argus.jpg (94KB, 1363x585px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad - Argus.jpg
94KB, 1363x585px
>>85664067
Because Lex is hacking literally everyone and everything.

Lex is the heart and soul of the ARGUS project. He's like the NSA, Project Blackbook, and Majestic 12 all in one.
>>
>>85664191
Shit rebuttal. lol.
>>
>>85664194
That's because he'd have to be right about at least one thing before we'd have any common ground. It would be like me watching "Requiem for a Dream" and insisting it's the shittiest romantic comedy I've ever seen.
>>
Why the fuck does even Amanda Waller know who Batman is? holy shit, this nigga has no concern for his """secret""" identity
>>
>>85664201
That was a pretty common theory.
It was confirmed wrong by Goyer or something though.
>>
>>85664119
It's funny how you say I can't into subtext yet you keep missing the point of my posts. I know what the movie was trying to say. We all knew it from the trailers: Batman was off the rails and against Superman but eventually he was gonna come around and realize Superman was good and Luthor was the big bad.
My problem is how it's shown in the movie. It's awful and badly constructed. The reason why eveybody thinks they've become friends because their moms share the same name, is because that's what the movie seems to be saying, by the way it's edited and directed. You go from that scene, to them working together. After two fucking hours of Batman trying to kill Superman.
Narrative art forms are not only about what you are saying, but how you're saying it too, even moreso I'd say.
>>
File: BatsPullup.gif (985KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
BatsPullup.gif
985KB, 500x180px
>>85664201
Yeah, pretty much. He's definitely not the original, because Bruce killed someone before we ever even see him in BvS. He did it at the same time that he got his own scar.
>>
Since they were special bullets I'm guessing they are better than regular bullets, right? They were going through people well enough.
If they are then why did one of them get stuck in a very thin notebook?
did the bullet read the script?
>>
>>85664440
>because Bruce killed someone before we ever even see him in BvS. He did it at the same time that he got his own scar.
says who?
>>
>>85664410
Then how is it that I got this on my first viewing and you're saying, "Oh, I know what they were going for," and then proceed to prove that you absolutely don't?
>>
>>85664401
>It was confirmed wrong by Goyer or something though.
Source?
>>
>>85664635
>can't google
>>
>>85664635
It was Ayer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOXZuEs-7X0
>>
File: SuperAngel.jpg (89KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
SuperAngel.jpg
89KB, 1366x768px
>>85664514
Says his entire psychology.

Look where he chooses to brand people - where he's scarred. That's him projecting his own fallen status onto those he judges to be like him - beyond redemption,

When he has his nightmare, he turns his back on the angel clad in red and blue, to be attacked by a Man-Bat erupting from his mother's tomb. Where does it lunge for him? In precisely that same region where he's already scarred. What's that tell us? He associates that scar not only with his fallen status, but also with his obsession with vengeance.

That's the message of the dream - by turning his back on the coal-haired angel in red and blue, he's allowing his obsession to consume even more of him.
>>
>>85664789
What scar are you talking about right now, senpai? I don't remember any big scars on Batfleck's body.
>>
>>85664401
I kind of wish it was true. Suicide Squad Joker doesn't mesh tone-wise with BvS Batman, at all.
>>
>>85664848
This one.

https://youtu.be/gfQ8u__-47g
>>
>>85664848
>>85664979

Coincidentally, this scene comes alongside a backwards reveal of what's been influencing Lex's personality for the bulk of the film. It's another backwards reveal that he'd been walking around with the entirety of the Kryptonian database knocking around in his skull for most of the film.
>>
>>85662484
Bruce Wayne was only in the first couple minutes of the movie. The rest is Batman because BW has snapped.
>>
Choose the most likely option

>a) DCEU Bruce Wayne retires from being Batman, passes off the mantle, settles down with someone and starts a family
>b) DCEU Bruce Wayne drives everyone who cares about him away and winds up an old and bitter man, alone
>C) DCEU Bruce Wayne dies
If (a), who does he settle down with?
>>
>>85665278
Oh BW is also in the end of the movie after Supes died.

BTW I enjoyed the movie but it is most definitely flawed.
>>
>>85665278
That's pretty accurate. Alfred even comments on how he'd pretty much relinquished control to the Bat. He does so on the morning after his nightmare.
>>
File: Batman - Lone Crusader.jpg (87KB, 1363x573px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Lone Crusader.jpg
87KB, 1363x573px
>>85665376
Wondy. He deserves it for fighting the good fight so long all on his own.
>>
>>85665520
>Wonder Woman x Batman
Is there a single worse pairing in the DCU?
>>
>>85664551
First off, it's obvious you didn't get all that headcanon bullshit you're saying in a single watch, so stop pretending.
And once again, I'm not talking about what they're trying to say but how they say it. My problem with the movie is not the message, but how it is conveyed. But you keep ignoring this and tell me what we all already know, and embellish it with your own made up bullshit.
>>
>>85664789
So, where exactly is this theory proven? And i mean like, does terrio or snyder or affleck ever confirm these kinds of analysis?

Cause i remember for months anons here spouting how the whale shaped hole was evidence of moby dick being referenced, only to be debunked by snyder himself when he reveals the hole was shaped like ontario.

So, legitimately asking. What are the sources besides your "ability to read subtext" and this whole batbrand/scar theory.
>>
>>85665278
The Batman is still supposed to be heroic and inspire both fear and admiration, and not a coward hypocrite and a murderer though.
>>
>>85665376
>If (a), who does he settle down with?
MARTHA
>>
>>85665776
Nowhere. Some people started the whole "kino" thing as contrarian shitposting to piss off Marvel fans and the usual autists took it at face level and ran with it, to the point where it lost all the irony and humor and it became what it is now.
>>
File: hollywoodland-176994-1280x0[1].jpg (46KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
hollywoodland-176994-1280x0[1].jpg
46KB, 1280x722px
>>85665856
>>
>>85665856
WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT NAME
>>
>>85663376
>Confusing Zoom with the Reverse Flash
>>
>>85665930
>He fucks her in a movie where he dresses up as Superman
THE IMPLICATIONS!
>>
>>85665900
Thats what i figured, but that anon seems so adamant, i wanna hear what his sources are.
>>
>>85665776
Why in the hell would they confirm shit like that mid-story? I can point you to the clues about Lex being ARGUS, too, but you won't believe that either until someone looks into the camera and says it.
>>
>>85665716
You're right. I didn't get every last detail on the first viewing, but I knew what Bruce being really cavalier about death meant. He's famously said that one of the main reasons he didn't kill was because if he ever started, he might not be able to stop. That's what we're seeing through the whole film - him being right. Turns out he couldn't stop all on his own. It took a Superman to stop him.
>>
>>85666242
I asked if terrio and/or snyder confrimed any portion of these theories. You didnt provide any sort of evidence.
So, no thanks to your head canon.

Its like im in a steven universe thread or some shit.
>>
>>85666413
>Turns out he couldn't stop all on his own.
Why didn't he kill Joker, Deadshot, Killer Croc and Harley Quinn who are much more dangerous than those goons he killed in BvS?
Not to mention that we will probably be shown more of them alive and well in Gotham in the following DCEU films.
>>
>>85666422
Well, there's this:

You mentioned the whale thing earlier, and it's sort of the exception that proves the rule, in my opinion. That's the only thing they ever debunked, so draw your conclusions accordingly. They didn't confirm any theories and only explicitly debunked one.

One fan got Snyder himself to confirm they were spot-on about the religious imagery representing the thoughts people in-world were having about Superman, not the thoughts that the audience was supposed to have, and certainly not the message the director was conveying about the character.

The fans have proven correct in their observations far, far more often than they've been proven wrong.
>>
Why didn't wonder shozen chop doomdays head off.
>>
>>85666651
Because he stopped going out maybe? Retired himself out of fear of what he'd do? I still hold that he'd been at least semi-retired for a while when the Kryptonian invasion occurred. It's either that or he'd successfully reined himself back in until the fresh trauma of losing his friends and employees during the battle.
>>
>>85666664
>The fans have proven correct in their observations far, far more often than they've been proven wrong.

You've shown one case of being disproven and one of being confirmed.
>>
>>85666783
>Because he stopped going out maybe?
Well, I understand what you're saying but you have to admit it's just speculative stuff that you've came up with to help the movie make sense. What we've actually got so far is a shoddily-thought extended universe that's forced to do slight retcons at every turn, like they've done with the "turned her back on mankind" for Wonder Woman.
>>
>>85666760
it would have just grown back
>>
>>85666907
What else you want?

Supergirl? Green Lanterns? Lex being Argus? The New Gods having encountered Kryptonians before? Darkseid/Steppenwolf being involved in either Clark's resurrection or impersonating/possessing him? Worship playing a role in magic in their world? The Enchantress being somehow linked to the New Gods? The earthly pantheons of gods being both real and actual gods? There having been an Ancient War?

All this and more dating back nearly a year. Predicted right here.
>>
>>85667087
That's not exactly retconned out just yet. All we know for sure is that she went underground for a while. Call it a retcon if you want, but if they do the sort of things they *could* do, such as:

>Underworld Quest to Tartarus to have Hephaestus replace her lost sword, or

>With the gods truly gone, magic goes dormant and Diana depowers for most of the twentieth century. We get de-powered Cold War Diana on some sort of Tomb Raider-esque adventure to retrieve the *true* sword of Alexander, or

>literally any combination of those things,

It fits perfectly with what we've been saying the entire time - that magic has something to do with mankind and worship, like maybe being a "daylight" superhuman wakes that magic back up. Clark doesn't rely on magic, therefor he can wake it up by simple virtue of existing.
>>
>>85667230
Ayo Supergirl is canon in the movie universe? I thought her tv show was going to be self-contained
>>
>>85650078
It is revealed in the extended cut that the police are covering for Batman.
>>
>>85667584
What we know for sure:

>Clark found an empty hibernation pod on the scoutship when he first discovered it

https://youtu.be/qTJA2hDT_6Y?list=PL42rZ9F2TCklQr2PKp7qhdPro-foWyuZD&t=42

>There was a prequel comic where Kara arrived on Earth better than 20tya

>There was an Ancient War

>Steppenwolf already knows not only what Kryptonians are, but also what happens to them in Earth's environment.
>>
>>85667807
>better than 20tya
?
>>
>>85668097
Twenty thousand years ago. That's how long the scoutship had been on Earth, somewhere around 18,000 years or more.
>>
>>85667181
But well it did superman could throw doomsday into space.
>>
>>85651122
Cargill
>>
>Discussing this movie
>In 2017

You've all been fooled by the Master Snyder and his cohorts. I've yet to see anyone actually figure this movie out
>>
>>85667807
So does he know that she's around? How could he not? Does he not have super senses?
>>
>>85668620
She might not be. We don't know what became of her. Personally, I hope she's been chilling in the sun for the past twenty-some-odd millennia.

My body is prepared for Supergirl Prime.
>>
>>85668711
Do Kryptonians die of old age?
>>
>>85662238
That's some nice fan fiction I guess, but it's a little much to infer based on literally nothing.
>>
>>85666760
Why didn't she split him down the middle like a taco? Probably because she'd get ripped to shreds or eaten.
>>
>>85669040
Not typically. They "mature," but I don't think they ever die in Earth's environment/yellow star. If they do, it takes a looooooong-ass time.
>>
File: Argus2.jpg (70KB, 742x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Argus2.jpg
70KB, 742x1200px
>>85669126
It's all pieces of a puzzle.

When Lois tells Lex he's proven his involvement in the smear campaign against Superman, he blows her off and launches into "sperg ramblings" about circles and triangles.

Meanwhile, pic related is the seal for the Argus Project, the overarching government organization to which Task Force X(the Suicide Squad) is attached. The acronym A.R.G.U.S. stands for the suitably comic-booky "Advanced Research Group Uniting Superhumans," but in mythology, Argus is simply this:

A giant with a hundred eyes.
>>
>>85669820
But his talk of circles and triangles was unrelated to the Argus project, he was using them as analogies to how he viewed Lois and Superman's relationship.
>>
>>85669397
>get old enough to get maximum hot dad appeal but go no further
sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign up?
>>
>>85670166
Just like referring to chairs, seats, and hot seats had nothing to do with the bomb, right? Just like looking the Batman dead in the eye and saying, "Look at us. This is how it all CAVES IN. Civilization on the WANE. MANNERs out the window?" Just like rambling to Superman about the Epicurean Paradox and then referring to him as a flying demon in his next breath is just crazy Lex being crazy, right?

He's telling Lois why any accusations against him are just going to blow away - he's too important to the government for them to let him take a fall. They'll keep him teflon, because he's their source for any and all information on metahumans.

Hell, it's probably the Squad that's going to break him out of Arkham when the time comes.
>>
>>85670645
>because he's their source for any and all information on metahumans.
At least until Batman gathers the JL
>>
>>85670831
Exactly, which was a huge part of the reason Lex wanted him specifically to be Superman's victim - two birds with one stone - >>85669190.
>>
>>85666664
>One fan got Snyder himself to confirm
>If I say you're right will you leave me alone and go take a shower?
>>
>>85670954
It was on twitter. I thought I had it saved somewhere, but apparently not. Maybe some other DCbro will happen by with it.
>>
File: 13 - 3.png (911KB, 756x1144px) Image search: [Google]
13 - 3.png
911KB, 756x1144px
>>85663153
>remember that time a girl beat your ass in front of the entire middle school?
>it was me
>>
>>85671090
>You remember that one time when you overexerted yourself in gym class and shit your pants in front of the whole class?
>IT WAS ME, BARRY! I WAS THAT SHIT!
>>
>>85666760
Doomsday has no neck.
>>
File: 1467599778316.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1467599778316.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>friend is unironically a fan of this movie
>heard it was shit so I never bothered with it in theaters
>blu-ray comes out
>friend asks me to drive him to Best Buy to get it because he doesn't have a car
>figure why not, it gives me something to do
>naturally wants to watch it immediately after
>get about 20 minutes into it
>Jimmy Olsen is a badass undercover CIA agent that gets blown away and Superman is nowhere to be seen
>plebs on /tv/ like this
>>
>>85671227
He was a terrible agent, getting caught wasn't even a part of his plan
>>
>>85662447
I thought that happen in a matter of hours, they were probably at work, shit started to happen and they began watching the news and shit
>>
File: deathstroke.jpg (58KB, 650x586px) Image search: [Google]
deathstroke.jpg
58KB, 650x586px
>>85670645
>it's probably the Squad that's going to break him out of Arkham when the time comes.
It's Deathstroke. At least if he's part of the Suicide Squad he'll probably be the only one you see on screen in JL.
>>
File: Literallyvideogametier.webm (3MB, 940x390px) Image search: [Google]
Literallyvideogametier.webm
3MB, 940x390px
>>85671187
He sort of has a neck
>>
>>85659204
It was an empty casket. They mentioned that they were having funerals for him all over the country
>>
>>85667545
>That's not exactly retconned out just yet.
It pretty much is when at the end of WW she said she decided to stay and fight along mankind, when she said she walked away from it 100 years ago.
>>
>>85672090
>Empty casket
Then explain why the dirt was rising off of it at the end of the movie
>>
>>85673539
Because of the vibrations from the excavator that was approaching to bury the casket, duh!
>>
>>85668554
Nothing to figure out. It's a shit movie.
>>
>>85667807
So lets say abin sur and kara were involved in the ancient war is that why steppenwolf says no protectors here no lanterns no kryptonian because they whooped his ass 10,000 years ago but now they are gone so its the perfect time to attack
>>
>>85673539
>he doesn't go super saijian for the 21 kamehameha salute
show some respect for the dead faggit.
>>
>>85673539
That was the Clark Kent casket idiot.
>>
>>85673219
The end of WW1 still leaves plenty of time to walk away for a century.
>>
File: Justice League - Ancient War.jpg (346KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Justice League - Ancient War.jpg
346KB, 1400x700px
>>85674647
Yeah, I'm thinking it's going to be something along those lines - Abin Sur, Kara, the Amazons, the Atlanteans, primitive tribes in a zerg rush, and epochs to recover.

I have a feeling that battle took place on pre-cataclysm Atlantis, too.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.