[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: images (2).jpg (85KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
85KB, 810x1080px
French movie.
>>
Ok CĂ©lestin on s'en fout
>>
>>85645254
Shut your fuckin face.
>>
I heard its very shitty
video related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaWCEzfXCaU
>>
either gonna watch this or dunkirk in cinema today

what should I watch bros?
>>
>>85646449
despicable me 3
>>
>>85646449
Watch Dunkirk

I seen both, Valerian is hot garbage. It is bad, but not so bad it is good, it just bad. Dunkirk is one of the better Nolan films, and a lot better then TDKR or Interstellar
>>
>>85646449
Neither.
Valerian is a disaster. Could have been good, but casting ruined it.
Dunkirk is so bland honestly. Not worth the time.

Save your money.
>>
>>85646449
Dunkirk wasn't good. I'm going to see this today so I can't say what's better
>>
>>85646505
isn't that a kids movie?

>>85646506
>>85646587
I think I will go see Dunkirk if Valerian is really so bad as you guys say.
I have to pick a movie, the gf demands it.
>>
>>85644796
So do her eyebrows get their own line in the credits?
>>
>>85646648
Dunkirk, even if you don't like it, you will enjoy it for the sound design and the air raids.

Outside of the opening there nothing good about Valerian
>>
Valerian is not actually bad, I was expecting far worse. I'm convinced (((Hollywood))) is in overshilling mode.
The FX were great, the relation between the two characters surprisingly okay (I thought it would be utter shit), the scenario is really thin though.
Seriously it was okay
>>
File: 1493575432174.jpg (33KB, 296x278px) Image search: [Google]
1493575432174.jpg
33KB, 296x278px
>>85646648
If you care what critics think Valerian is the second coming of Metropolis
>>
>>85646791
>two characters surprisingly okay
You must have low standards. They dragged down the entire film.
>>
>>85646864
No they didn't, the male actor was misscasted granted (while Delavigne wasn't as worse as I would have expected) but it was still okay.
The movie would have been better without the two and Rihanna sure, but it wasn't that bad. Then again I had the bar pretty low because it's a Besson movie
>>
>>85646935
I think the movie has been razzed so hard that everybody's expectations have been lowered to the point where if they see the movie, they will realize it is not as bad as all the negative commentary.

It's not a good movie to be certain. But it's not anywhere near one of the worst movies ever. It's just terribly disappointing considering how important the source material is.
>>
>>85647974
>I think the movie has been razzed so hard that everybody's expectations have been lowered to the point where if they see the movie, they will realize it is not as bad as all the negative commentary.
I felt the same way about Lucy
>>
>>85647974
I would agree with that. There were tons of cool concept Besson should have expanded on, give some more detail shit on the characters, etc... In the end it was a plain movie, with a plain scenario and plain characters. There were some shitty dialogues though I won't deny it

Still it's somewhat enjoyable
>>
>>85646449
Valerian if you're French.
Dunkirk if you're not French.
>>
>>85644796
france is my city
>>
>>85646449
I lnow thisbis just bait, but valerian will be a cult classic as soon as we have a good quality of it online. If you like the 5th element, you will like Valerian
>>
>>85646791
I agree. The movie is getting wrecked by Hollywood reviewers in large part for being made outside of Hollywood and our typical film system. The characters and story are also made to European sensibilities more than American ones.
>>
>>85649200
That "looper" youtube channel had a "why Valerian flopped" video up before the movie even came out.
>>
I also sympathized with the vilain who for once really did nothing wrong
>>
>>85649040
My dad told me almost exactly this same thing the other day when I was talking to him on the phone and it was a pretty good endorsement for my taste. Seems like it's from the era of 5th Element, Lexx and Farscape.
>>
File: lafemmenikita1.jpg (823KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
lafemmenikita1.jpg
823KB, 1920x816px
>>
>>85649810
Well he wasn't villinized, he was just caught hiding what he has done.
>>
>>85649974

vilified*
>>
>>85650080
thanks dude
>>
>>85649810

Honestly, he was insane. Just let them buy the converter and fuck off the station. He would have had zero issues if they didn't sent valerian to the alien market to retake that creature.

And why didn't he send in those robot fromt he start? These aliens aren't killing people, so how the hell did they lose several human assault groups before the movie started?

Just send in the robots from the start, equip them with bombs so they can blow themselves up, and later claim that the unknown aliens did it out of spite when their plan to destroy the whoel station failed.
>>
>>85650185
snow problem
>>
>>85649866
Any /k/ommandos here who can recommend a bullpup that isn't plastic?
>>
>>85650306

http://desuarchive.org/k/thread/34692567/
>>
Honestly, I think that the original script had the commander beign the leader of a group that invaded the alien world and enslaved them for their precious energy pearls.

Movie would then being the group on the station beign freedom fighters that wanted to expose him (got to the station hiding on a cargo ship), and him trying to get them killed before peopel ask questions.

Because face it, the whole refugee angle made zero sense. Their planet exploded, and we are expected to believe that a human wreck can survive that? And that these primitives could magically know how to fix it and become better at technology then a mankind that could build a spaceship that survives being on an exploding planet while already wrecked?

Whole refugee angle (and the 6million bullshit) is just the leftists trying to shill the raping of europe.
>>
>>85650214
They didn't lose anyone, he was bullshitting them all so no one would go there
He said that if he let them go it would be a huge crush to human economy because the ayys would ask for reparations (???) and their position would be diminished in the Great Game

Assuming all of that would have happen, he had good reasons to blow them the fuck out. Still there is no reason why he wouldn't have send an envoy to them. Actually his actions would make more sense if he did it out of pride and to save himself
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.