[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you looking forward to the Ready Player One movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: rpo.jpg (778KB, 1252x1666px) Image search: [Google]
rpo.jpg
778KB, 1252x1666px
Are you looking forward to the Ready Player One movie?
>>
>>85639181
Meme
>>
More like Reddit Player One.
>>
File: 1500493068437.gif (2MB, 360x332px)
1500493068437.gif
2MB, 360x332px
>>85639181
Uironically yes
>>
>>85639181
Reminder that it is physically impossible for a human being to memorise every song from the 80s.
This guy is boasting that he has memorised every song, every movie scene, every TV show, and has mastered every single one of the thousands of video games released on the various consoles, home computers and arcades during the decade.
>>
File: 1422038704134.jpg (78KB, 587x674px)
1422038704134.jpg
78KB, 587x674px
>>85639181
>And of course, Kevin Smith
>>
>>85639181
I think it's funny that the movie is getting so much backlash from people, just for being so blatantly nostalgic. When for the past ten years, general audiences have practically been screaming that it's all they want. For years, moviegoers have been validating almost every remake, reboot, or sequel and clamoring for more, but suddenly they begin to act as though they're above this kind of pandering? You can't be an audience that enables the shit heap that was Jurassic World to be one of the highest grossing movies ever, and yet be angry over Ready Player One.

Personally, I'm interested in RPO. I don't like nostalgia pandering, but when it's this fucking transparent and ramped up to 11, it's kind of funny. I like it when movies are genuine.
>>
oh boy is this the unfunny thread that's going to get spammed for the next two years
>>
>>85643266

Yes, I am above this kind of pandering. I've never watched a sequel, remake or adaptation in the past 10 years and I'm not going to watch this, either.
>>
The only thing I'm looking forward to is my death.
>>
>>85643390
Sequels are arguably on a different level than remakes and reboots. It's easier to tell a story again than to continue the story with new ideas.
>>
I've read the book. It gets worse.
>>
>first person present tense

I stopped writing stories like that in elementary school. Was this published on reddit? Surely this wasn't actually put on shelves in stores was it?
>>
>>85643453

I lumped sequels in there because I haven't watched any movies. I only come here to get outraged at the political posts.
>>
>>85643417
I wasn't ready for this feel this early in the day.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.