[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chappie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Chappie.jpg (69KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
Chappie.jpg
69KB, 680x478px
Honestly I feel like this ranks very very high in all movies I've ever seen and I've seen a shitload
>>
>>85625017
>millenials' short circuit
>>
>>85625017
I respect your opinion anon but this film is pretty terrible. those south african rappers can't act for toffee and the plot is essentially more violent short circuit. District 9 must have been a fluke becuase bloomkompfjampf hasn't made a good film since.
>>
>>85625017
Is this Neil or Ninja I'm speaking to right now?
>>
>>85625117
*tips*
>>
>>85625017
You are stupid.
>>
>>85625017
It was the EXACT plot of Short Circuit (borrowing from short circuit 1 and 2). A weaponized robot gains sentience and is smuggled out of the research lab by an Indian scientist. He falls in with thugs. They use him to commit crime. He gets broken and needs to be repaired which requires stealing spare parts. He is scheduled to go back to be formatted, which to him essentially means death. Etc.

EXACTLY the same plot. Except it has die anwoord. The tone is different, it's a very dark movie while Short Circuit was made to be a light family friendly comedy.

Nothing special. I will say I enjoyed it and the movie catches too much shit (mainly from the people that can't stand Die Antwoord), but still it's a point by point ripoff. Even worse than how The Force Awakens rips off A New Hope.

It's the moment the public officially realized that Neil Blomkamp is a hack.
>>
>>85625017
weird way to say you have terrible taste
>>
>>85625307
Short Circuit movies aren't even in the same league bro

>>85625374
downvote
>>
>>85625117
Ya'll niggas just don't understand the zef. Yolandi is a fly ass future ho, Chappie had mad bling swagger, and ninja is zef like a young hugh heff. Know what I'm sayin
>>
>>85625457
Say what you will about Short Circuit (I liked em, but that's probably because I was like 5 when I saw em), but it's the exact same fucking plot to a T.

But to be fair, I DID enjoy Chappie and I think it gets far too much shit (but Die Antwoord is EXTREMELY polarizing)... however, at some point one of the producers probably should have realized that the plot was plagiarized.
>>
I liked it, better than elisiyum or whatever the fuck it was
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.