[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Films using the theme of modern desert warfare?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: feature-2-840x420.png (438KB, 840x420px) Image search: [Google]
feature-2-840x420.png
438KB, 840x420px
Been really into this lately. Films exploring Operation Desert Storm, Afghan wars.. etc

Jarhead, Black Hawk Down, The Hurt Locker, Generation Kill
>>
>>85619273
Full Metal Jacket. Its kinda like those movies, watch it.
American Sniper.
>>
Zero Dark Thirty
>>
>>85619273
Zero Dark Thirty
American Sniper
Black Hawk Down
Dune
The Hurt Locker
Generation Kill
Jarhead
>>
>>85619362

good choices, seen them though,

emphasis on desert warfare. really into that theme lately.

>>85619414
Seen all those par Dune, I do feel like I've seen all the good stuff from the specific genre i'm describing.
>>
>>85619273

Also gonna add that I've seen

Three Kings
The Men Who Stare at Goats
>>
File: Arabia.jpg (82KB, 601x274px) Image search: [Google]
Arabia.jpg
82KB, 601x274px
>>85619273
Watch Lawrence of Arabia. It's like the prequel for all the movies you listed.
>>
There was that Michael Bay movie 13 Hours, but that was more urban combat. The last hour or so where they're based on rooftops around the compound followed the contractor's recollections well enough (keeping in mind that it's a Michael Bay flick first and foremost).

Here's the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhZuuvQ9q7w
If you want to check it out I'd recommend watching that interview first.

There are also two great documentaries on the subject: Restrepo and The Hornet's Nest.
>>
Hyena Road, but it wasn't great.
>>
>>85620281
>There are also two great documentaries on the subject: Restrepo and The Hornet's Nest.
This. What's that other doco that's similar to those?
>>
Lone Survivor
>>
>>85620366
Sequel to Restrepo was called Korengal.

There's another documentary called "Only the Dead See the End of War", made by an Australian war correspondent that deals with the iraqi insurgency up to 2006.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFiwxZ8B9Wo

The eerie thing about that one is that the guy he's talking about in the movie, Zarqawi, was basically the mentor of Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, the current leader of ISIL. You can see the continuity of leadership between the two men, and it'll help you understand how and what ISIL is fighting for today.
>>
>>85620281
that was a great film, was surprised to find out bay did it.

Also Kajaki, that's understated and haven't seen it mentioned on this board. Possibly the most harrowing movie i've seen and it was based on a very true story.
>>
Bravo Two Zero
>>
>>85620470
Thank you my friend.
>>
>>85620470
>>85620660

Fair warning for anyone who follows that link, there's footage of people getting shot and dying all throughout the movie. Some people may find it upsetting and I'm not trying to upset anyone, so consider yourself warned.
>>
Lessons of Darkness
It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's incredible.
>>
13 hours
>>
Syriana
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.