[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you guys think of American Psycho?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 220px-Americanpsychoposter.jpg (16KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Americanpsychoposter.jpg
16KB, 220x326px
What did you guys think of American Psycho?
>>
>>85614947

He was psychotic
We saw everything through his eyes
We just like him can't know what murders was real and what not
In the end he remains trapped in his own personal hell
Check 'em
>>
>>85615000
>incredibly basic analysis
>horrible grammar and spelling
>gets trips anyways
10/10 post
>>
>>85615000
checked
>>
File: joker.jpg (191KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
191KB, 2000x1333px
>>85614947
I liked when he held the kitten at gunpoint to get into the card feeder of the ATM.
Patrick Bateman truly was an American Psycho.
>>
>>85615084
You should probably head to Reddit if you actually want people to take an effort with their posts. Or make intelligent observations.
>>
>>85615084
>dude everyone in the 80s was a selfish asshole that didn't care about someone killing dozens of people lmao
>>
>>85614947
It really makes you think that the director made the psycho murderer be the one to denounce anti-semitism, doesn't it? Like, the one character who is against anti-judaism is an amoral murderer with no shred of humanity left. Almost like he was defending his own kind . . .
>>
>>85615307
No one wants to discuss the actual character portrait of a man who wants desperately to fit in and become noticed so much that he
>is aesthetically ideal (facial scrub, workout, outfits, haircuts, glasses, his fucking business card)
>is rich
>is culturally aware of both pop/social circles as well as international affairs (muh louis and the news, his speel about middle east and palestine, does drugs with others)
In yet he never has a meaningful conversation with anyone except his secretary, who obviously does take notice of him. But he isn't satisfied by this so his frustration results in actions that are all overt attempts at getting noticed
>body bag through hallway
>sending tapes of his heinous acts
>public executions
>public confessions (the bartender, his fiance, the drunken Paul Alan)
As a matter of fact the only time he gets attention from someone who could even feasibly matter in his circle is the gay guy, and this realization makes the protagonist so frustrated he immediately goes to "return some tapes", ie try to get attention that matters.
Then finally you have the attention from the police, which polarizes our protagonist. Even he, as insane as he is, realizes the self inflicting damage he is doing, and doesn't want that sort of attention.

So here you have a character portrait of an insane man that really only craves idolization and respect from certain parties (the elite) and can only garner attention from lower class (secretary, dweeb homo, police). Yes there is a statement about American culture of ignorance, but the more interesting aspects are all about Bateman. (Bateman sounds like a name for someone who tries to bait alot, aka get attention to lure you in).

But I think if this were a purely original endeavor the movie would've failed spectacularly, and I think it only somewhat succeeds in establishing the themes bc they copied the book somewhat aimlessly. Overall I like it
>>
File: 1419836644881.jpg (78KB, 325x273px) Image search: [Google]
1419836644881.jpg
78KB, 325x273px
>>85615000
>>
File: american psycho.jpg (621KB, 750x968px) Image search: [Google]
american psycho.jpg
621KB, 750x968px
>>85615211
>>
>>85616241
Good post. Also checkem
>>
>>85615000
checked and kekked
>>
>>85614947
Good movie but the book was better.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.