[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>most powerful thing in the world >turns you invisible BRAVO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 7

File: Ringfrodo.jpg (34KB, 568x303px) Image search: [Google]
Ringfrodo.jpg
34KB, 568x303px
>most powerful thing in the world
>turns you invisible
BRAVO
>>
It gives power according to the user's power. A hobbit will get nothing out of the Ring outside of shifting into the realm that Wraiths inhabit, while someone powerful will become far more powerful.
>>
>being able to go into the women's locker room unnoticed
>not the greatest power in the world
>>
>>85614463
what powers would a person that possesses crippling depression get?

asking for a friend
>>
>>85614463
Christ you are so fucking wrong
>>
>>85614659
>i have depwession have sympathy for mwee waahh
>>
>>85614408
(You)
>>
>>85614690
he's not though
>>
>>85614408
That's far from the only thing it does
>>
i don't know where this 'da hobbits turn inbisible becuzz dey r quiet n small n stuff' meme comes from. i think idiots have repeated this so many times for so long that they actually believe it. there's no indication in the books that is the case. isildor had the ring and when he wore it he became invisible, he tries to put it on before he dies to escape the orcs.
>>
all magic stuff in lotr sucks ass anyway. So many wizards and there is like 8 spells
>>
File: memetree.png (191KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
memetree.png
191KB, 500x377px
Can't Hobbits already go invisible? That was a whole thing in The Hobbit even without the Ring, although early D&D might be throwing me off a bit.
>>
>>85614716
>pay attention to my opinion!!!
>>
>>85614690
That's what the invisibility is. Shifting into the Wraith realm. That's why when Frodo gets stabbed and is dying, it feels like he is wearing the Ring even though he isn't. It's why wearing the Ring makes it even easier for the Wraiths to find and stab him instead of making him lose them like he would humans.
>>
Why didn't the fly the eagle to mordor?
>>
>>85614408
you're going to get a lot of shithead responses, but your initial take is correct. Tolkien's idea of the Ring of Power is very confused and contradictory. In the Hobbit it's merely a magical curiosity. Only later did he expand its role to be the Ring of Power-- and the two roles don't quite mesh.
The reason for this flaw is Tolkien's halfhearted adoption of ideas from Wagner's Ring cycle. English are by nature philosemitic, while the heart of Wagner's Ring is antisemitic. In Wagner's cycle, the Ring of Power is stolen by Albericht (a Jew) and represented the domination of free peoples by Jewish Capitalism.
Tolkien, a philosemite, could not digest the fundamental truth of this, and therefore the Ring became some generic magical item with some vague power. It's a fundamental flaw in LOTR, which has many good elements.
>>
>>85614807
>im mad because he called me out for being an attention seeking faggot!!
>>
>>85614836
wtf i LOVE wagner now
>>
>>85614408
It actually puts you into the spirit world
>>
>>85614827
cause they didn't understand when gandalf told them to "fly, you fools!".
>>
>>85614716
He's asking for a friend you moron!
>>
>>85614648
Wtf i love trannies now
>>
File: 1443572934074.jpg (108KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1443572934074.jpg
108KB, 500x700px
>>85614408
No... There are rings of invisibility in the LotR universe. Bro it doesn't just TURN YOU INVISIBLE.
>>
>>85614408
it doesnt turn everyone invisible, it only emphasis your current strength, when isildur wore the ring he was not invisible because his strengh isnt to hide, his strength is human strength and he became a strong king

frodo and the hobbits strength is hiding, it can be literally imposible to see them sometimes, and so the ring emphasized this
>>
what would happen if you put all rings of power on at the exact same time
>>
>>85614999
you become thanos
>>
>>85614798
they can disappear easily but cant go full invisible
>>
>>85614999
You get to fuck bitches
>>
>>85615034
so they become the opposite of you?
>>
>>85614798
They are pretty sneaky. Make less noise sneaking around than a human and also have better vision than humans. That's why the dwarves always sent out Bilbo for any kind of spying mission.
>>
>>85614791
LOL there's only 5 wizards, and 2 don't ever show up.
>>
>>85614855
>im furious because this isn't going my way so I'm desperately trying to project my emotions onto him
>>
>>85614463
>>85614979
Never fucking post this again
>>
>>85614979
It should make hobbits become more pleasant.
>>
>>85615048
kek
>>
>>85615066
I didnt realize you were asking for a friend sorry. Here i thought you were asking for yourself haha, because then you would be just like those funny twitter memes i see all the time!
>>
>>85615048
>implying I haven't collected 9 already
Not long now
>>
>>85615066
>i'm an angry /tv/ nerd who only gets enjoyment in life out of futile shitposts for (you)'s
>>
File: image_56.jpg (27KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
image_56.jpg
27KB, 500x322px
>>85614659
>>
>>85615048
Yes? I only fuck intelegent woman with class.
>>
>>85615143
No worries, mate. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, we're humans, not machines! From our mistakes we learn and grow to become better than we were before
>>
>>85614648
you could mind control all of them
>>
>>85615212
>i'm responding to an angry /tv/ nerd who only gets enjoyment in life out of futile shitposts for (you)'s for (You)'s
>>
>>85615402
this is your last (you) fuccboi
>>
>>85615976
sure
>>
>>85614716
I think he just has the humour of a normiebook meme page from 2013.
>>
>>85614648
Wtf, I love swallowing cum now.
>>
>>85615143
>haha I'm going to facetiously pretend to hold a polite conversation in a really unfunny and overused way to criticise someone for an unfunny and overused joke haha!
>>
What could Legolas do if he equipped the ring?
>>
>>85616187
maybe he could finally act
>>
>>85614690
>>85614759
He is wrong but on purpose. It's a troll post that shows up in every LotR thread.
>>
Why didn't they just gave the ring to Boromir so he could fuck up the Mordor and exterminate every single orc ?
>>
>>85614811
He is not shifting into the wraith realm. Wearing the Ring makes the servants of the One more visible to him and vice versa. But no, he's not shifting into another dimension or whatever.
>>
>>85616351
Because Aragorn was mad jelly
>>
File: muahaha.gif (1MB, 592x428px) Image search: [Google]
muahaha.gif
1MB, 592x428px
It provides the wearer with the potential power to dominate others. The invisibility is just part of that power. But it's ultimately an illusion to seduce people into craving what will destroy them.
>>
>>85616373
The Wraiths aren't invisible. They literally do not physically exist in the same sense that a Hobbit does. There is nothing underneath that cloak. They need to wear clothing like cloaks just to give themselves physical tangibility and allow them to interact with the world and attack people. They are absolutely occupying a different dimension and bleeding over into the main one.
>>
>>85616727
They can still be physically attacked though just like Frodo can be bumped into while he's invisible.
>>
>>85616828
Only when they're wearing things that give them tangibility. When Frodo wears the ring he isn't becoming a Wraith, just half-shifting into their dimension so that it's like he occupies both at once, which is also what is happening to him after he is stabbed on Weathertop.

When the Wraiths get blown the fuck out at Rivendell, they lose their cloaks and have to go all the way back to Mordor just to get outfitted again so they can resume tracking the Fellowship, because once they lose their cloaks (which are just ordinary cloaks) they lose their tangibility and can't touch anyone. This is why they don't appear again for a very long time.
>>
>>85616924
Oh yeah, that I can agree with. I thought you were saying Frodo became both invisible and intangible when he wore the Ring.
>>
File: Ramsay.gif (799KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
Ramsay.gif
799KB, 500x264px
>>85614408
>>most powerful thing in the world
>>turns you invisible

MFW the most powerful thing in the world is (social) anxiety combined with a magical thunderstorm
>>
Why not throw the ring into the ocean?
>>
Unexpected journey was better than return of the king desu
>>
>>85617348
The Wraiths will swim down to the ocean floor and get it, dumbass! Then they're really fucked.
>>
>>85617348
This is addressed in the book. Sauron would find it eventually even if it took a thousand years and they weren't there to kick the can down the road.
>>
>make a ring imbued with your own power
>ring can't be destroyed or anything other than being melted in the biggest volcano around
Remind me again why Elrond didn't fetch a little bit of lava with him when he visited Mt. Doom?
>>
>>85617545
How was he supposed to do that?
>>
>>85617392
they couldn't even detect it a foot away; how would they know where to look?
>>
>>85617702
Zipperbag.
>>
>>85614836
>when the post loses you at the halfway point
>>
>>85614408
ayo hol up
I'm confused. The opening of the first movie says 3 elves, 7 dwarves, and 9 humans got RANGS. Then it was explained that sauron's nine horseniggers WUZ KANGZ. It was implied that it was the nine humans. What happened to the 7 dwarven lords? Was agent smith, not-gwyneth paltrow, and the other elf the three elves who were originally given the rings? Pls respond
>>
>>85616351
Because he would turn Isildur 2.0
>>
>>85616351
because he'd immediately die after putting on the ring.
>>
>>85618736
the dwarves fucked off and went full darth jew and kept digging. sauron somehow managed to get 4 or 5 of the dwarf rings back, the others were lost. the elves still have their rings, galadriel, elron and gandalf wear the elf rings, cirdan gave gandalf his ring.
>>
>>85614463
Yes but it's balanced out by hobbits getting more tax credits for using it.
>>
>>85618736
They went insane, "delving too greedily and too deep". I think some got fucked by the balrog and some by the goblins.
>>
>>85618971
>the elves still have their rings, galadriel, elron and gandalf wear the elf rings, cirdan gave gandalf his ring.
Were they the three original bearers?
Also I never knew magneto wore a ring.
>>
>>85615080
How about you enlighten us on what the ring actually does?
>>
>>85619090
The original bearers were Galadriel, and the last Noldor King Gil-galad (he got two). He gave one to Cirdan, and Elrond got the other when Gil-galad died fighting Sauron.
>>
Ebert
Fellowship of the Ring 3/4
The Two Towers 3/4
Return of the King 3.5/4

Philosopher's Stone 4/4
Chamber of Secrets 4/4
Prisoner of Azkaban 3.5/4
>>
>>85614408
why didn't gandalf just use time magic to put the ring in the past
>>
>>85618768
That could've easily buy them another 3000 years. Just have one of those sneaky hobbits cut off his finger when he is drunk or whatever
>>
Wait, is the ring invisibility just an accelerated form of the human king wraith transformation?

Does Frodo remain relatively uncorrupted because of his weakness?
>>
>>85619441
>Philosopher's Stone 4/4
>Chamber of Secrets 4/4
>Prisoner of Azkaban 3.5/4

that really is ridiculous on multiple levels
>>
>>85619441
I liked Harry Potter as a kid but looking back it really is a pretty garbage franchise. Se was clearly making the shit up as she went along.
>>
>>85620335
Hobbits don't thirst for power as much as men or elves so the rings effects still work, but are less substantial.

Remember wen Galadriel freaks the absolute fuck out when she's just offered the ring? The more power you have and the more you want it, the more it entices you. That's why a hobbit had to be the one carrying it in the first place.
>>
>>85620444
She wasn't.....you can tell she told Columbus while watching the extended version of chamber that harry was a horcrux theres tons of parallels in 2 and 6. Literally every single one is good. And I love lotr but lotr is overrated
>>
>>85614408
the ring was made by sauron for sauron. sauron is like the god of magic in TLotR. its why his death marks the beginning of the end of elves

the ring amplifies his ability to control people through all the other rings. the elves noticed immediately and took the off before being overtaken because they are magically sensitive. the dwarves are unaffected by his power they are almost like machines who just mine and build stuff. humans are weak and always want power and are easily corrupted and wouldnt take off their rings

for any one else the ring simply tries to get them back to the eye which is like a nexus of saurons energy so he can be reborn. invisibility is good enough to bypass every one else mostly and while invisible the eye nows where you are
>>
>>85620569
>namefag has shit taste
What a surprise
>>
>>85620595
The dwarves were affected, the rings gave them their insatiable lust for gold.
>>
>>85620385
I know they should all be 4/4.
>>85620444
Try rewatching them as an adult then if you weren't one when they films came out, most are pure kino. They are the only good blockbusters besides Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>85620674
>Sage is my name
You need to get some film taste bookfag instead of being a sheepy lil redditor
>>
>>85620694
I did. They're alright but once the time travel shit starts it gets retarded.
>>
>>85620595
This guy knows his stuff. The ring only serves Sauron, others cant use its full power.
>>
>>85620694
The first two Christopher Columbus Harry Potter movies are pretty mediocre. They get much better after that though.
>>
>>85620761
>namefag accuses anon of being redditor

oiamlaffin
>>
>>85620767
>he can't understand harry potter
The time travel dynamics are one of the only proper depictions in film. They don't change anything and Buckbeak never dies. See the novikov self consistency principle.
Also you need to lighten up its a self deprecatinf fantasy
>>
>>85620937
>Doesn't know what sage is
wew lad
>>
>Dwarves clearly find human and elf women attractive
>Dwarven women have beards
>>
>>85620836
The extended versions make them better. I saw the theatrical versions in october and they were released and remastered in imax format for the first time. They were honestly great. I always liked the others more but they are not mediocre every one is good. I'd rate 1 10/10, the remaster looked nice.
>>
>>85620937
>Sage is a name
>>
>>85614408
But what was the ring's tax policy?
>>
>>85621239
One Ring to rule them all and in the night then tax them.
>>
Didn't they explain in the movie that the ring only draws out it's full power when worn by it's true master? When the ring is worn by anyone else it only helps Sauron's forces find that person so that it can be recovered and returned to him.
>>
>>85621478
I think that if someone use "correctly" the ring that person will become Sauron. Sauron is just the corruption by power.
>>
>>85621478
If Gandalf wore it he would have it's full power but he would become evil
>>
>>85621061
More like sideburns and thin chin straps. You can actually see a couple of them at the start of the Hobbit movie.
>>
Why not just put the ring in a really big room filled with identical rings? Like millions of them
>>
>>85622021
That's retarded
>>
>>85622021
No.
>>
>>85622814
>shovel every ring into bags
>bring bags to a furnace
>empty every bag into said furnace
>make small holes into the furnace for melted rings to go through
>the One Ring will be at the bottom in the end
>>
>>85617545

And he would store the lava and keep it hot... how?
>>
>>85620694

All the harry potter movies are really good except for 6 in my opinion

I'd say it goes

3 > 7 (only because I count both parts and part 1 isn't great and not much happens in it) > 4 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 6
>>
>>85624233
Magic
>>
>>85620444
Harry Potter is one of those series that after you finish reading you realize it doesn't make sense.

A good example is the time turner which is so blatantly overpowered, and even Rowling realized this so she destroyed them in 5. However, there are a lot of other spells in the series like Polyjuice potion that are so powerful that realistically the world would turn to chaos from people using them. By the time of the 7th book we have people teleporting instantly, turning invisible, mind control and shape shifting. Who needs an invisbility cloak? The 3 "deathly hallows" that are supposed to be the most powerful things ever are relatively tame even compared to some basic spells.
>>
>>85614827
Too many nazgul
>>
>>85624769
Lol you are someone who thinks they are much smarter than they are.
The deathly hallows is just a fable that comes into play with potters own fable.
The time turners can't change anything. Rowling wanted terry gilliam to direct for a reason its a batshit wizard dystopia.
>>
>>85624302
I really like 6 moreso everytine I watch it and I loved the book. I also fancy part 1 its pure kino. My top 3 is probably 3>7.1> 6 but I like them all and they are all different feeling so its great.
>>
>>85624769

I can agree with you on the time turner but that's just the natural consequence of introducing time travel anything to any series because it immediately implies a billion other things they could do with time travel. Rowling was probably better off just not having it but what's done is done.

The main limitations of things like the polyjuice potion are that it takes a while to make and you need very specific ingredients (including a piece of the person you want to imitate) to make it, and even then it doesn't last very long, a few hours at most. When Barty Crouch Jr. was impersonating Mad Eye Moody he had to drink it continuously all day every day and keep Moody imprisoned just so he would be able to keep up with the materials (including stealing materials from the potion storage room).

Also, it is true that apparition (teleporting instantly) is a little bit of power creep thing, but its implied that for one it's really hard to pull off well all the time (sometimes people just teleport into walls and shit and die or lose limbs because they don't do it right), which is why they only teach it to older students anyway.

Also the point of the invisibility cloak is that it's the most humble of the three. The resurrection stone and the elder wand do their job, but they ultimately fail because you can't fully return someone from death, or some other guy kills you for the wand while you're asleep. As for mind control, that's an unforgivable curse, and using it gives you a life sentence in Azkaban, where you're surrounded by dementors 24/7 and will probably be driven insane.
>>
Why didnt they just have the dwarves build a rocket, and launch it into space?
>>
File: tron glasses.png (68KB, 260x358px) Image search: [Google]
tron glasses.png
68KB, 260x358px
>tfw Sauron was actually a delicious fuccboi before he went all edgy
>>
>Kings have sent thousands to die in war for lust of the ring
>a ring that can turn midgets invisible

this is why The Hobbit is better than all the others, it's not retarded.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.