[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite horror movies from recent years and overall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Top-10-horror-2016.png (508KB, 620x345px) Image search: [Google]
Top-10-horror-2016.png
508KB, 620x345px
What are your favorite horror movies from recent years and overall?
>>
File: thewailing.jpg (39KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
thewailing.jpg
39KB, 400x600px
>>85613575
The Wailing is wonderful.
Train to Busan isn't even a horror movie tho
>>
>>85613575
I fucking hate the conjuring
Its just religious propaganda
>>
The Witch and The Wailing were great. Don't Breathe was better than I expected.
>>
>>85614015
Is there any other slow burner horror movies with grrat suspense and atmosphere? I liked The Wailing and Noroi.
>>
The babawitch 2: it follows
>>
>>85614261
Try the Blackcoat's Daughter or the Alchemist Cookbook
>>
File: i-am-not-a-serial-killer-art.jpg (74KB, 719x537px) Image search: [Google]
i-am-not-a-serial-killer-art.jpg
74KB, 719x537px
>>85614261
fucking this >>85614326
>the Blackcoat's Daughter
also
>i am not a serial killer
>>
>>85614326
>>85614492
>the Blackcoat's Daughter
I don't really enjoy Emma Roberts' acting. Is she good in that?
>>
>>85614093
So like any possession movie?
>>
>>85614908
it's hard to explain without spoilers but yes.

but if you must know: her character is literally schizo-autist, she's kinda perfect.
>>
>>85614261

I Saw The Devil
>>
It Comes at Night was really good
>>
>>85615145
Kek.
>>
>>85615051
Not gonna read the spoiler, but thanks.
>>
Unfriended was really good too. The most experimental horror film since The Blair Witch Project and thankfully won't start any bad trends.
>>
File: 1498645285830.png (456KB, 464x461px) Image search: [Google]
1498645285830.png
456KB, 464x461px
>>85613575

I loved Silent hill and even to this day I haven't played a SH game. The whole atmosphere is just perfect, dusty and gritty. I also had a huge boner for Dahlia for some reason in this

Pandorum goes into the same category of shitty but comfy to watch, I also like space horror and there's really not enough of that so gotta take what you can get.

V/H/S 1-3, all of them have some nice chapters, made me like all the anthology stuff there are ABC of death is possibly the funniest ones but that's not really horror just splatter. Found footage in general is my favorite genre overall, I like the paranormal activity movies even cloverfield was good and I can only recommend The Creep even tho its very slow.
>>
>>85615145
Was that even a horror movie?

Was basically an episode of the Walking Dead.

>Rick invites someone into his group he shouldn't have
>>
>>85615013
Yeah it's always been a serious problem for the entire genre. The taint of current pop religion needs to be inserted correctly without the stench of it becoming overbearing. The original Wicker Man best all time horror, post 2k I would roll with Wrong Turn.
>>
>>85615441
Silent Hill was decent except for some really questionable writing
>little girl screaming SILENT HILLL SILENT HIIIIILLLLL
>SHES A WITCH! BURN THE WIIIITCH!
and the cg shitstorm barbed wire thing at the end.
As long as you viewed it as its own thing, and kept it separate in your mind from the games, it was enjoyable.
>>
anyone seen Hounds of Love? was thinking of renting it tonight.
>>
>>85613575
1. The Witch
2. The Wailing
3. Train to Busan
4. Conjuring 2

All good in their own way. Horro movies have the momentum right now.
>>
>>85615441
The monsters have great make-up in that. The sequel sucked ass tho
>>
A Cure for Wellness
>>
>>85618645
Isn't that the one with Valerian guy?
>>
>>85618645
This movie is the worst, ending is ridiculous
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.