[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>EMH is just a program on a hard drive >can simply be copied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: emh.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
emh.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>EMH is just a program on a hard drive
>can simply be copied and cloned
>he even has several scenes showing he has a backup
>somehow losing his data is a plot device
>>

That only happened once, in the episode where he's discovered hundreds of years later
>>
>>85609122
But it's super special data that can't just be copied, it has to be transported back and forth!!!
>>
>>85609165
>That only happened once, in the episode where he's discovered hundreds of years later

What was message in a bottle and what was life line?
>>
>>85609122
Thee whole point is there's really no logical reason for why the crew should go to such great lengths to keep the integrity of the EMH's program.
It's a huge resource cost for essentially no gain.

But people are not rational actors, especially the Voyager crew. Despite his horrible bedside manner the EMH is a source of comfort for the crew and maintaining him takes their mind off their near impossible task.
>>
>Neelix is a useless, overemotional retard who cooks gross food on a starship with replicators
>Make him an officer and allow him on the bridge rather than airlocking him
>>
>>85609411
They only tolerated him because he knows the area.
>>
>>85610523
and because he's a member of an interquadrant cabal who has ruinous dirt on every major power
>>
>>85609122
>software EULA
>>
why didn't they just settle on that one human planet they found
I know I would have
>>
>>85610754
Why didn't they just use the transwarp drive. Just put everyone in stasis chambers and let the doctor apply his stupid cure.
>>
>>85609291
Those weren't copies or clones, those were the singular and only version of the EMH they had.
>>
File: 1472257004650.jpg (15KB, 405x371px) Image search: [Google]
1472257004650.jpg
15KB, 405x371px
Why can't the holoemitter be inside the EMH? That way it can't be damaged and he can't be deactivated. It's not like it projects in a particular direction. Instead they pin it prominently on his arm where anyone can (and does) grab it and hit it.
>Why can't I be treated like a normal person and have my own quarters?
>Oh a name? I STILL haven't chosen one
EMH is still one of the better characters on Voyager although that's not saying much.
>>
>>85611770
It can be, in that episode where the totally-not-Pakleds capture him and Janeway and he's impersonating people, at one point he wears the holoemitter under his holographic trousers, the only question would be whether he can prevent his trousers moving on a conscious level to protect it.

Zimmerman was trying to make him human though, so I suspect he couldn't reach inside himself to put the holoemitter inside his chest, and for the same reason he may not be able to make such decisions about himself without manually modifying his program though a computer interface, like when he demonstrates going non-corporeal to Paris.
>>
File: 1496815286369.png (52KB, 1316x878px) Image search: [Google]
1496815286369.png
52KB, 1316x878px
>>85609122
>>
what are you guys even talking about
>>
>>85609122
Where as human beings require transporters to accomplish the same effect.
>>
File: 1469061236602.jpg (92KB, 430x506px) Image search: [Google]
1469061236602.jpg
92KB, 430x506px
>>85614729
>>
File: 2Riker.jpg (38KB, 729x557px) Image search: [Google]
2Riker.jpg
38KB, 729x557px
>>85614817
>>
>>85614558
Star Trek Voyager, if you mention Star Trek in the OP then plebbit shows up and ruins the thread.
>>
>>85615549

lmao2riker
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.