[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tv/ UTTERLY BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0855.jpg (221KB, 1364x1029px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0855.jpg
221KB, 1364x1029px
Death Note will be THE defining kino of 2017
>>
>>85599985
Are you an idiot? Ofc they're going to say they love it since it's bringing them more money. They're not stupid. I would have done the same if I was in their position
>>
>>85600122
This. Remember when the Ghostbusters original cast were saying they liked the remake? Same thing. Shekels and contracts.
>>
File: IMG_0857.jpg (75KB, 701x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0857.jpg
75KB, 701x383px
>>85600122

Even Ghost in the Shell received support from the original creator.

The fact is, most anime is just the Japanese projecting that they wish they were white. So of course they would be overjoyed when their characters are played by real white characters.
>>
Every single time someone recommends me an anime telling me how smart it is, it's always the same shit.

>Smart character written as wizards
>Most if not every secondary character is stupid as fuck to make the main characters look smart in comparison
>Plot bends itself so the main character can pull off his nonsensical plans

Every fucking single time. Death Note, Code Geass, The Legend of the Galactic Heroes, you name it.
>>
of course they loved it, the same way james cameron loved genisys and the original ghostbusters cast loved the remake
>>
>>85599985
almost like they got money out of it

reposting from /a/

>dark misa
>For one thing, compared to Goth Lolita model / pop idol Misa Amane in the Japanese version of Death Note, Mia is much less glamorous, less of a Light fangirl and more manipulative and dark, with her own agenda
>dark Black is ''cooler''
>But just as Light and Mia are American distillations of their Japanese counterparts, this American L is more of a cool, serious sleuth than loveable eccentric (schmarfing down handfuls of Skittles isn't that eccentric). When the movie hits its third act, as L and Light's battle of wits ramps up, L also careens toward a different fate than his manga counterpart. This is probably not going to be a popular opinion, but I preferred Stanfield's L to the manga L, because he brought a degree of passion and emotional complexity to the character that made him one of the more interesting characters in this cast. That said, there's not much chemistry between L and Light as they match wits, so I don't expect a lot of BL/slash doujinshi to come out of this film.
>boring Ryuk, even from a paid review
>Even with Dafoe as his voice, the movie Ryuk is also more of a one-dimensional demon, who lacks some of the quirky, humorous aspects of his personality that made him kind of likeable in the manga. Also absent are the rest of the Shinigami posse who help readers understand Ryuk's backstory.
All 12 fucking volumes
>This movie condenses the 12-volume Death Note story into a single 101-minute feature film, vs. the 37-episode animated version or the nearly 4-hour Japanese movie that was split up into two films. As a result, many characters and details seen in the original series were simply omitted, mostly to keep the action moving at a brisk pace.

source: shitty ann review http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2017-07-26/did-netflix-make-a-decent-death-note-film/.119342
>>
File: IMG_0665.jpg (217KB, 1364x1029px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0665.jpg
217KB, 1364x1029px
>>
>>85599985
>>85600198
>muh author
Why the fuck should I care what the author of work A has to say about work B? You might as well as a bum on the street
>>
>>85599985

LOL, they are contractually bound to say so, just like with GITS, it's like when your favourite actor/athlete says that X is his favourite brand.

How dumb can you be.
>>
>>85600201
>Death Note
The manga is pretty good and explains most of the shit
anime was rushed
>>
the movie will be better than the source material because anime & manga is an inferior medium. cant wait for the weeb tears.
>>
>>85600198
>he has "no problem" with it
that's some praise and support
>>
>>85600437
I re-read it not too long ago and the second half of the manga is just bad the anime handles the second half much better
>>
>>85600512
the anime literally changed a 10 page explanation of Near giving reasoning as to why Mikami is X-kira into a 2 second scene
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.