[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly this movie is fine. Why does it upset you so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

Honestly this movie is fine. Why does it upset you so much?
>>
>creepy michael jackson Willy Wonka
>more faithful book adaptation features made up daddy issues subplot
>muh nostalgia

Not terrible but simply missed the mark.
>>
>>85597373
I've never seen it but Johnny Depp is annoying and remaking a classic like that can only shit on it.
>>
I love it. Everything in it is as good as the original. Expect for Charlie.
>>
>>85597413
>and remaking a classic
This movie has more in common with the book than the original movie does.

I hate when people like you are so ignorant

>more faithful book adaptation features made up daddy issues subplot
Everyone likes to see a movie with some backstory emotion so I didn't mind this
>>
>>85597373
It's an aimless mess. Even if you don't compare it to the original film, it's incredibly disjointed and doesn't flow properly as a story.

It's quite interesting, as it's called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (same title as the book, as opposed to the film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) yet all original additions not from the book are to give Wonka a backstory and force the ending to be about him facing his father, and Charlie is barely a character.
>>
>>85597373
>dude kids deserve to suffer terribly simply for being competitive, liking video games, or chewing too much lol
>this poor boring kid and his retarded grandpa who dindu nothing are the heroes lmao

Yeah this was really geared towards millenials.
>>
>>85597419
>>85597453
This, Charlie and his Grandpa basically aren't even characters in this one.
>>
File: 140784878.jpg (56KB, 227x340px) Image search: [Google]
140784878.jpg
56KB, 227x340px
Becuase Johnny Depp plays Wonka. Don't get me wrong, he did a fine job, especially having a good relationship with the director.
But if his schedule had prevented it, we would have gotten Burton's second choice instead.
I'm not kidding.
>>
>>85597453
>yet all original additions not from the book are to give Wonka a backstory and force the ending to be about him facing his father, and Charlie is barely a character.
I enjoyed this movie but yeah I agree. Calling it "Charlie" I guess didn't make much sense even though Charlie is the main character in first act but then act 2 and 3 focus on Wonka.

Still as a kid, I was really annjoyed how the original movie ended it before Wonka took Charlie back to his house etc. The original had an entire ending missing and I am so happy this version fixes that up with ending it how the original SHOULD have ended.

>"BUT WAAA YOU ARE SAYING BAD STUFF ABOUT A CLASSIC?
Stop living in muh nostalgia

Of course the casting of Gene Wilder as Wonka was absolutely brilliant as were all the other castings but the original could have been improved in places.
>>
>>85597452
I'd agree but it's well known that Tim Burton hates his dad and he was just projecting. It's annoying when it happens in Twilight and it's annoying here.
>>
>>85597508
I like Dwayne but he did not deserve to be in Journey to the Center of the Earth sequel. Brendan deserved to come back and reprise his role.
>>
>>85597373
>Why does it upset you so much?

I have seen people here upset over everything but this movie.
>>
>>85597566
Is that Peeta
>>
>>85597373
I actually enjoy it. It's a fine kid movie.
>>
>>85597452
>This movie has more in common with the book than the original movie does.
>I hate when people like you are so ignorant
Did I say otherwise? The first one was endearing, it was a classic, and Gene Wilder is a better actor than Johnny Depp can ever hope to be.
>>
I personally don't mind the "creepy Michael Jackson Wonka" as people call it. It's merely a different interpretation of a classic story, one that is darker than the fatherly and kind original, but still interesting in its own right.
>>
>>85597373
>child actors
Really is the worst thing about this movie.
>>
>>85597453
>this pleb didnt read the books.
>>
>>85597373
in comparison to the original it's absolute shit, what it boiled down to was a cheap cash grab.
>>
Futterwacken
>>
>another quirky johnny depp character
SUCH RANGE
>>
>>85597452
Just like, why be *so* faithful and then ruin that with added subplot nobody asked for? And worst of all, a frequent subject for the director? Totally took me out of it, hacky move.
>>
>>85597886
Child actors can be fantastic. The lead in the orphan was actually twelve years old.
>>
>>85598000
Black Mass redeemed him.
>>
>>85598165
Yea but what are the odds of having 5 good child actors that wont ruin the film?
>>
>>85597629
yep
>>
>>85597452
>haha it's better cause it's faithful uh except for his part but I like it so haha
Wowie zowie
>>
I'm one of the few who think it's better than the original. The music sucks though. You can't beat the original's score, especially "Pure Imagination". That makes me tear up everytime I listen to it now.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.