[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What movies define the early 00s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

What movies define the early 00s?
>>
Nickelback wasn't that bad
I'm not a fan but they're not that bad in the greater scheme of things, especially not when compared to other buttrock bands
>>
Quake III
>>
File: Generation Kill.jpg (44KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
Generation Kill.jpg
44KB, 460x288px
>>85596270
Generation Kill. When they start singing Teenage Dirtbag or even Let The Bodies Hit The Floor, it feels like an answer to the use of Rolling Stones in FMJ, or the darker, moodier rock songs in Vietnam films, that kind of stuff. But they're already self-aware. It's not an external soundtrack, the show has these long stretches of silence and they sing during moments of dullness to entertain themselves and remind each other where they come from. The guys sing these bullshit songs with irony, yet the show shows these moments with touching sincerity; it's the kind of cheesy shit that these guys really sang and bonded over, and it shows this generation -of the title- is just lost 18yos straight out of high school, playstation and MTV, that late nineties era where pop culture before 911 was so naive and disconnected from the reality of man's violence. Teenage Dirtbag, the title says it all, there's something ugly about it but it's not a cliché metal angry song, it's sang by this complete eye-glassed numale, a song about a nerdy beta orbiter hopelessly in love with the popular girl and daydreaming about prom, with the music video showing him getting cucked by the jock Chad, it's not about heroin abuse or grief or the nature of evil, the kind of stuff post-Vietnam bands sang about, and that immaturity and emotional disconnect thematically and tonally fits post-911 loss of innocence perfectly. A touch of genius.
>>
Dude where's my car?
Alpha dog
>>
>>85596270
Scary Movie 2
2 Fast 2 Furious
9/11
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Jessica Alba
To name a few.
>>
>Movies
shrek
american pie
donnie drako
LOTR
Spiderman
Nemo
Pirates of the caribbean

>Music
eminem
blink 182
geenday
sum41
offspring
smash mouth
OP's pic
Avril lavigne
>>
Matrix. 1999 was still 00s.
>>
>>85596270
Attack of the Clones
>>
jackass and all their stuff
>>
>>85596382
I watched this series three times and I'm sure I'll watch it again in a couple of years.
>>
>>85596382
The series came out in like 2009, fuck your shit.
>>
>>85596270
Shrek
>>
File: image.png (110KB, 253x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110KB, 253x499px
Do you miss the feel of the early-mid 2000s, /tv/?

People seem to think things when to shit after 9/11 but I think things from Late 2001-2006 were still fantastic. It was 2007 with the iPhone, Great Recession, social media, Out of Jimmy's Head, Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit booming in traffic, the fucking Big Bang Theory, etc. where things truly went downhill.
>>
>>85596747
It's about the 00s references throughout the series you spastic retarded shitcunt
>>
>>85596357
>*bows and turns into stone*
>>
>>85596270
Shrek. Nothing else comes close.

I'd say the Digimon Movie, but that's not really true. The soundtrack for the dub if peak 2000 though.
>>
File: movieposter.jpg (32KB, 279x402px) Image search: [Google]
movieposter.jpg
32KB, 279x402px
This motherfucker right here. It's a shame many people didn't like it or saw it.
>>
not another teen movie
>>
>>85596298
the stuff i remember from when they were popular was always samey but i heard this a while back and it's much better than i expected from them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSf_cs4-E-I
>>
>>85597010
The digimon movie and Shrek could be considered 90s because they came out before 9//11. In a way, the "real early 2000s" were the brief period between 9/11 and the 2003.Iraq War.
>>
>who is that guy in the middle
>wheatus
>who the fuck is wheatus
>go to youtube
>type in wheatus
>click first video
>teenage dirtbag
>now i remember
>how did i even forget
>i wish i could go back to not remembering
Thanks for reading my blog about the last 2 minutes of my life.
>>
>>85597086
they've butchered the song fyi. they added rap in the middle of it
>>
>>85597019
I liked how they exposed the backmasking technique used in music in this movie, but knew nobody was going to watch it.
>>
Man on fire (because of the digital cinematography and the editing)
Tokyo drift
Mysterious skin
Spider man 2
>>
>>85597316
All of those movies you listed are mid 2000s(2004-06)

Early 2000s movies,are from 00-03
>>
>>85596270
Shree, definitely>>85596435
>american pie
>donnie drako
>LOTR
>Spiderman
These are all good too.
Maybe Mean Girls?

>>85596910
9/11 reinforced popular culture, after America was attacked everyone clung to all the ideals that they considered quintessential to freedom and it was all very positive. The 90's demonstrated that a lot of people were starting to pick at the holes in the modernising world, but once all their creature comforts were perceived to be under attack that stopped for a while.
>>
>>85597503
Mean girls came out in 2004 so it's more of a mid 00s movie, although it was filmed in 2003 so the fashion still looks early 2000s
>>
Tv show: Roswell
>>
>>85597539
Yeah I was thinking of the fashion, Lindsay Lohan pre-whatever-she-is-now, and even the "it girl" concept which seems to have died out in favour of hipsters and loners
>>
>>85596270
That SKA song that goes "Here I am Doing Everythint I can because I am Superman" thats played during lighthearted chases scenes or the protagonist has to run home before someone shows up.
>>
>>85597437
Yeah I'm sorry
Mayb George Washington
Unbreakable
AI
And your mother too
8 mile
28 days later
>>
>>85597633
goldfinger, superman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udUCjJphE-0
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.