[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Mania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>After the death of Blockbuster, I lost almost all interest in movies and TV
>The 25 or so big screen movies that would show a year were mostly boring, bland, over-produced drivel and I deeply missed traversing the hallowed halls of the Video Rental, uncovering gem after unheard of gem
>Move on to vidya and music because the depth of those fandoms was rewarding to my sense of exploration
>Fast forward to last year
>I see a Godzilla collection for 5 bucks in Wally World
>Pick that shit up because I always liked Godzilla
>Watch that shit
>Mmmm, that's good shit
>This rekindles my cinematic passion, and I start watching all sorts of B-Films
>Eventually branching into all forms lf low-budget, exploitation and indie schlock
I can't stop, /tv/. I hate whatever's trending, but I love B and C grade cinema and TV. The less a critic would rate it, the higher I would hold it. I've once again become a cinephile, but it's for the kind of pure, distilled cheese MST3K won't even touch.

The sad part is if I wanna talk niche music, there's a ton of people to talk about it on /mu/. Same with comics and /co/, anime and /a/, vidya and /v/. But I come to /tv/ and you're all looking like the front page of Rotten Tomatoes.

So my question is: has /tv/ always been this pleb?
>>
Oh sorry, I fprgot the /tv/ secret handshake:

"U big"
"4 yoooooo"

Ok now respond /tv/ I did the thing I'm one of you now.
>>
>>85595139
Only if you check my 5.
>>
File: 1365726566725.png (415KB, 636x693px) Image search: [Google]
1365726566725.png
415KB, 636x693px
>>85595139
>Ok now respond /tv/ I did the thing I'm one of you now.
>>
>>85594741
The thing is, most of those B and C list movies are completely unpretentious and have a crew not trying to make a product to rake in cash, but that are dedicated to bringing their vision to the screen, no matter ho cheesy or schlocky it is.
Big blockbuster films are crafted to appeal to as many people as possible and exist to bring in money, the art comes second. Lesser films, while often corny and silly, exist because someone wanted to make them.
Some of my favorite films are for the most part not good films, but they have a charm and genuine feel to them that you're not going to find in blockbuster films.
>>
>>85595264
Exactly. I can't stand all the pretentious stuff A-list movies throw in as Oscar-bait. Make your cinematic dream first, worry about the critics later.
>>
>>85595197
Where?
>>
>>85594741
>has tv always been this pleb?
Absolutely, you have to realize that 90% of the population is already pleb and that if you want to find meaningful discussion here you will have to work for it
>>
>>85595339
Joe Bob Briggs seems to have the same philosophy. His old movie review books are like $1 on Amazon, I recommend them as a source for recommendations for old forgotten films.
>>
File: crowbot.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
crowbot.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
I know that feel. The shittier the movie is, the comfier it gets. And it needs to be specific kind of garbage movie, none of that "fake bad" Sharknado shit, but genuine attempts of telling a story. The movie get really taste when it's filmed on film and has that 90s feel in it.

It all started when I found some Troma movies from my local flea market when I was a kid. Toxic Avenger, Surf Nazis, Nuke 'Em High, etc. some of the weirdest and violent stuff I had ever seen, and even as a kid I knew they were different from all the big movies. Thanks to internet I've been able to find all kinds of cool B-movies from all around the world. I've been also watching lots of MST3K, I didn't even know a show like this existed. I'm sure I would have been a "mstie" if they showed this in my country when I was a kid.
>>
i just have to post this now
https://youtu.be/7VTsQgwyuKw
>>
>>85595444
Actually no, the username was significantly more knowledgeable in the past, and there were some pretty patrician posters. One of my fondest memories is some anon who live streamed Bresson and Zulawski. Found some of my all time favorite films through those fun thread.
>>
File: 640.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
All of the Troma (Toxic Avenger, etc) videos are available on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4O0LNYmaOczcSMHA_FE1Mw
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.