[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sam Raimi is a pussy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1412355157380.gif (445KB, 420x220px) Image search: [Google]
1412355157380.gif
445KB, 420x220px
Interviewer: "Do you regret putting it in?" Raimi: "I do. I do." Interviewer: "On what grounds?" Raimi: "Well, I think it was unnecessarily gratuitous and a little too brutal. And finally because people were offended in a way that I didn't...my goal is not to offend people. It is to entertain, thrill, scare...make them laugh but not to offend them. But, you know, I know that a lot of nineteen year olds that are stealing cars and murdering people. Not to make that comparison but I think my judgement was a little wrong at that time."
>>
Who cares? It was a cringey retarded scene.
>>
>>85592069
I never liked the movie.
>>
>>85592069
>But, you know, I know that a lot of nineteen year olds that are stealing cars and murdering people.

what the fuck?
>>
People get raped in real life. He wasn't glamorizing it. He was portraying it as a horrible thing that happens to people.
>>
I fucking hate Sam Raimi.
Evil Dead was perfect and this clueless asshole had no idea what made it so great.

the rest of his shit career has been nothing but campy overdose of tryhard reddit tier garbage.

your judgement wasn't wrong, but it is now, fuck face.
>>
>>85592417
PLEB
>>
>>85592455
Autism. His first movie sucked.
>>
>>85592381
>A scene in Evil Dead made me feel embarrassed!
Need World War 3 now.
>>
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>85592069
and yet he let Fede put his in the remake
>>
>>85592455
Fucking this so badly
>>85592486
>le boomstick XD
Hello readit
>>
>>85593469
I want all millennials to leave. You're worse than Reddit
>>
>>85592455

Evil Dead II is literally better than Evil Dead in every way.
>>
>>85592069
From the way people described this scene to me I went into this movie dick in hand, what a letdown.
>>
I agree. Having the deadites stop their assault the accuse Bruce Campbell and his girlfriend's characters of being crypto-Jews, quoting at length verbatim transcripts of Mein Kampf and Protocols for the Elders of Zion while looking straight at the camera was jarring and *if I might add* a little much, even for a Raimi movie, where we tend to let his "eccentricities" slide.
>>
>>85593684
The remake was better, and the fact that they kept the scene in it when Raimi was Producer makes me think he was lying about feeling bad about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6lrBldtwVk
>>
He's lying through his teeth. It's necessary thematically that the tree rape happens. The reason Evil Dead holds up so well is that the increasing audience culpability in picture storytelling and the trip backwards through civilization towards the birth of society in microcosm/allegory are completely married in that they both get located in hunger. Maybe it was a mistake that first time it worked so well, but Raimi sure fucking realized that was what it was when he made another whole horror movie (not as effective, more revealing, still good) about hunger a quarter century on. It's the movie's fangs.
>>
>>85592455
Tell me, what DID make the first ED so great? In your own words.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.