[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly reminder that Sony shelved this for fucking emojis.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: popeye-cg-movie.jpg (195KB, 853x356px) Image search: [Google]
popeye-cg-movie.jpg
195KB, 853x356px
Friendly reminder that Sony shelved this for fucking emojis.
>>
Hopefully they shut down that branch entirely and nothing else sees the light of day.
>>
File: Fuckyou.gif (2MB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckyou.gif
2MB, 200x260px
>work in animation field
>learn about animation with examples from the old wise men of Disney who were true masters of the craft.
>absorb all kinds of short animated films from all over the world and get exposed to a multitude of styles and approaches

>get an entry level job at a big studio as a part-time "pipeline" tech intern literally making sure a hot dog fucking a bun or an emoji farting gets rendered properly or that some guy gets his file on time
>>
A counterpoint, if I may

Do you really want the people responsible for the Emoji Movie in charge of a Popeye movie?
>>
>>85588572
Maybe it was a different writer?The trailer was pretty good.
>>
File: noodle arms.png (366KB, 471x575px) Image search: [Google]
noodle arms.png
366KB, 471x575px
We will never see this ass in an 1hr 31m feature. Why even live?
>>
>>85588572
Every so often when the planets align in such a way, does Sony create that one good film. I truly believe if Tartakovsky had his way with the project that Popeye would such that film.

But no... We gotta be trendy and shit. I swear fucking emoji movie is the most contemporary garbage I've seen in a while.
>>
>>85588572
>Do you really want the people responsible for the Emoji Movie in charge of a Popeye movie?
It was Tartarkovsky, literally the most kino western animation director.
>>
>>85588987
yeah because whenever people talk about great animation, fucking Hotel Transylvania 3 is what comes to mind
>>
>>85589325
That movie isn't even out yet. Try for something deep cut like Tiny Toons, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Space Ghost Coast to Coast.
>>
File: Puppy.jpg (110KB, 650x960px) Image search: [Google]
Puppy.jpg
110KB, 650x960px
>>85589325
Nothing wrong with the animation style. It's at least competent for what it is. Maybe a little variation between films would be nice. When I look at "Hotel Transylvania" and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs it's impossible to distinguish one from the other outside the worlds the two movies inhabit.
>>
File: 1352074580231.jpg (131KB, 393x465px) Image search: [Google]
1352074580231.jpg
131KB, 393x465px
>Miyamoto can't get his Popeye game greenlit
>makes Donkey Kong instead
>Genndy's Popeye movie gets canceled
>brings back Jack
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.