[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cam we talk about this for one moment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: APE KINO.png (572KB, 750x986px) Image search: [Google]
APE KINO.png
572KB, 750x986px
First LOGAN and now THIS

Jesus holy mother of christ, I watched it in 3D today, and...I'm actually surprised there isn't a thread about it in the catalog

I honestly think it was absolutely beautiful.
What do you think?

>Rotten Tomattoes
It's not like they actually paid for it, like certain movie studios out there
>>
First third of the movie was real good, rest of it trash. A disappointment of a film.
>>
It was great.
>>
The thing is the standards for blockbusters and overall craft in filmmaking have become so low that we now get amazed when a movie is simply competently and not insultingly made

Mangold and reeves are refreshing because they simply take their stories seriously and sincerely without destructive irony or tv laziness but even by 90s standards they are mediocre and average filmmakers
>>
>>85587085
fpbp
>>
>>85587085
Overall, i liked the movie. But they spent wayy too much time in that jail
>>
great story, awesome cgi
>>
>>85587689
I agree. Every scene that involved the prison in the second third of the movie did not stand out as well as, say, that moment with the cherry blossom flowers

I myself avoided the hype train at all costs, and anything that could potentially spoil me the fun, so I may have ended up enjoying it way more than any of you guys.
But that's just like, you know, my opinion, man
>>
>>85587039
This movie was retarded
>muh revenge
>muh holocaust but apes instead of jews
>humans fighting over something they realistically would universally agree on
>avalanche kills two armies and this suddenly means that humanity is over
>>
Decent, but huge disappointment given how kino the last one was. This should have been far more epic if it was going to end Ceasars story. This is basically Bridge on the River Kwai with a biblical allegory ending

Also stupid plot shit like the prison being built over extremely fragile rock-dirt that can be dug away effortlessly (surely the guards would have known about this...) and the retard girl walking in the front gate of a heavily fortified compound undetected

the ghost of koba scenes were kino at least
>>
>>85588260
Correct.
I liked the scene after Caesar's family is killed, when he and the Colonel face off for the first time. But yeah, insanely contrived in so many ways, and I usually let plot holes slide for the most part.
>>
Just got back from it. It's the best of the trilogy and my second favourite of the year.
>>
Wait, what? This is 4chan. You think this place has any regard for quality?
>>
File: 1499181078421.png (294KB, 463x432px) Image search: [Google]
1499181078421.png
294KB, 463x432px
>>85588151
>>muh revenge
And Caesar accepts that fact, not like other movies where ''BUT IT'S FOR THE GREATER GOOD NO MATTER HOW MANY DIE''. Caesar goes full ''This is between him and me, you go the fuck away''
>muh holocaust but apes instead of jews
Nah, think of them as black slaves, but without Hollywood constantly forcing it down our throats
>humans fighting over something they realistically would universally agree on
Not really. It's more like...say, republicans vs liberals. ''BUT MUH HUMAN RIGHTS'' vs ''BUT MUH HUMAN SURVIVAL''. There's a couple of threads in this very board that can show you what I'm talking about
>avalanche kills two armies and this suddenly means that humanity is over
Did you not see the first two? The virus literally wiped out most of humanity at this point. Those were very likely to be the last humans on the country, the rest of them will turn into primitives by the time the lost astronauts arrive

>>85588260
>Also stupid plot shit like the prison being built over extremely fragile rock-dirt that can be dug away effortlessly (surely the guards would have known about this...) and the retard girl walking in the front gate of a heavily fortified compound undetected
That...I can agree on. I constantly asked myself ''But where are the guards...?'', ''How do they not know this?''. Atleast the plotholes aren't THAT much of an issue (or atleast for me...).
>the ghost of koba scenes were kino at least
I found more KINO the parts showing the ape colony. But you're right, Koba PTSD scenes showed us the inner struggle on Caesar's mind, ''To kill dem dirty humans and become Koba in the proccess? Or to spare them, and let them kill your kind?''
>>85588818
Even in shit you find gold...
I walked into the same movie teather that hosted Spiderman, Emoji, some scifi Avatar wanna be and Despicable Me 3, and I choose this movie hoping it wouldn't be a let down
I wasn't hyped, so it wasn't for me
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.