[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Justified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: justified.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
justified.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
How does /tv/ feel about Justified?
>>
Not OP but...
A year ago I was visiting family back home. Dad kept mentioning how awesome this show is. Always asked me to watch it.
>Hey anon want to watch
>*Whispers* Justifieeeed?

A year later and I'm finally about to start watching it with my wife. He will be so proud. What am I in for /tv/?
>>
File: sons-of-anarchy-guest.jpg (69KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
sons-of-anarchy-guest.jpg
69KB, 510x383px
>>85586211
>>
>>85586444
If you love language then you'll love this show. It's a bit in the mold of Deadwood in that way. Also, I love the characters that develop over several seasons. It's going to be entertaining, but also take a bit of patience.
>>
>>85586444
First half of the first seasons is ok, they struggle a bit with the tone while they're still busy with all the exposition. Then it turns into unironically pure, unadulterated kino
>>
File: 1389757144914.jpg (115KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1389757144914.jpg
115KB, 399x388px
Once serialized story telling kicks off it becomes kino

>you will never leave Harlan Alive
>>
>>85586692
>Raylan lies and tells Boyd that Ava was killed
>"Why do you believe him?"
>"We dug coal together."
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>85586880

He basically saved boyd's kid from becoming a shithead.

neither were in the wrong. Raylan was still helping both boyd and ava.
>>
File: 1484815513477.jpg (19KB, 432x272px) Image search: [Google]
1484815513477.jpg
19KB, 432x272px
I just got to the last season, and the drop in quality is extreme. It was fucking great up until this point though.
>>
>>85586901
He betrayed Boyds trust, how is that helping out Boyd?
>>
>>85586931

Because if boyd knew his kid existed, he would get into his life and ruin it. He would pull crowder family shenanigans and his kid would end up in jail like rest of the family.
>>
>>85586921

what are you even smoking, season 5 was a gigantic dump compared to 6.
>>
>>85586211
the hype isn't justified
>>
Probably one of the best extended casts in a show I've seen. Even the one shot villains for episodes were human and interesting.

Also really liked the Mags arc.
>>
UK here, we don't get exposed to country music over here so I don't even know where to start looking, but is there more music that sounds like this intro?
I think the rest of the song is meh but the intro knocks me out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9p534Q5hhw
>>
>>85587080
>tfw mom hated you so much that she killed herself over living with the fact that all her other kids were dead except you
Dickie had a hard life
>>
>>85586998
Season 5 wasn't great, but 6 has been nothing but shit so far. Every episode is a struggle to get through.
>>
>>85586211
RAYYYY-LAN GIVENS
>>
>>85587131
>>85587080
So is Harlan County like the white trash equivalent to the Chicago hood or something?
>>
>>85586964
>tfw Boyd will never have Nazi/Jesus preaching adventures with his boy
;__;
>>
>>85587256
That's what I'd wondered, but from the show it doesn't seem populated enough to have a reputation for much of anything.
>>
>>85587318
What do you think the population actually is? You don't need a lot of poverty, drug dealers and crystal meth being slung around to drastically change an areas reputation.
>>
>>85587256

The way black chick detective acts, they cover a huge area and not just harlan county, but certain hollars or whatever they're called are more trashy/conservative than ours. The bennetts and givens are from are where all crime is going down and they're anti-corporation/carpet bagger so i'd say they're probably worst of the bunch considering the three worst families are from those two areas which seem to make up like 40 percent of the crime in the state.
>>
Are there any moments in this show that you would genuinely describe as "poetry?"
>>
>>85587477

The scenes in season 2 where they juxtaposed scenes with raylan's ex-wife coming to save raylan's life between what should have happened because he was bent on some weird showdown kick with the bennetts and what actually happened.

Especially when mags gets applepied.

Something about how hard life is even for the little girl and all of it being a play on how hard raylan probably had it growing up with bennetts and even though you don't see it..this example that you do see allows you to imagine it.

Also the scene where boyd and raylan are cracking jokes at end of the first season while getting shot at with automatic weapons. Like they're both perfectly comfortable in a shootout.
>>
We dug coal together
>>
>>85587754
We burnedcoal together
>>
>>85587477
pure pottery
>>
>>85587383
I don't know. I have no idea how bit it is, so I suppose I should've said population density. For the few seasons that I watched they seemed to spend a lot of time driving though countryside. But that might've been just because they had a rear projection dome that's easy and cheap to get a scene in the can while pretending you're driving somewhere.
>>
>>85589339
my mistake, it' greenscreen, not a dome.
>>
I watched the first three seasons. I enjoyed it and need to finish it.

I live in central Ky and for all the norcal filming sets I can appreciate some of the little things they do like a truck driver buying ale8one in I think season two.
>>
>>85587256

Fuck no lol. It makes for an interesting setting but Eastern Kentucky is boring as shit. Just dried up mines and heroin.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.