[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie was good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

The trailers made it look awfully generic and I didn't expect any better after the Total Recall remake sucked so much ass. I gave it a watch on Netflix a couple of years after release and was pleasantly surprised. The violence is gone but it goes deeper into the hard sci-fi transhumanist/corporate control concepts and for what it's worth the action is serviceable. I honestly had no interest in this movie since the original was very entertaining but since seeing it they're now almost tied for me for different reasons. But since I'm a fan of cyberpunk as opposed to a hardcore action junkie I may just even prefer this one because it elaborates more on those futuristic themes. Overall, not just boring shallow eye candy like Total Recall 2012. There's some actual substance in RoboCop 2014, would recommend it to anyone who skipped it's initial release.
>>
I watched it till the end and it was alright, but I would be very shocked if the director of Tropa de Elite made a bad movie, even with Sony's retarded meddling.
>>
The pacing was too slow for the first half; it could work in the comfort of your own tv but it was boring as hell to sit through the first half in a cinema.
>>
>>85575260
I remember the director stating something along the lines of "I'll deliver a good movie but I'm never doing another big movie like this again". I guess working for Sony was a pain in the ass.

>>85575275
I just liked how they got the revenge plot out of the way almost immediately. It didn't rehash the original's story. Instead they did something new with the corporate guy grabbing the dude's family and breaking free from the programming to save them. That's usually what I don't like about remakes, when it's shot for shot the same thing. So when this went somewhere different with it it actually got my attention for once, where usually I'd be daydreaming already (dozed off for the majority of Total Recall).
>>
>>85575396
>I guess working for Sony was a pain in the ass.
He's done the first two episodes of Narcos and is now developing a new show about some Brazilian politics scandal for Netlfix so he's turning into a tv guy, I guess.
>>
>>85574837
>The violence is gone but
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: 1477331191450.jpg (117KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1477331191450.jpg
117KB, 1058x705px
>>85575260

The scene in Robocop 2 where they take all those "suggestions" on the Prime Directives, comes to mind.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.