[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

movies trying to imitate the 9/11 attacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

The first scene from BvS clearly and intentionally mimics the September 11 attacks. Is this poetry or is it just a desperate, cheap and tacky way to trigger emotions in the American audiences?
I don't think this is the first movie that shows a fictional event that looks disturbingly similar to the real life 2001 WTC attack.
>>
>>85572837
it's poetry. Ever dumb Marvel fan posting why does Batman hate superman should remember their feelings around 9/11
>>
>>85572837
Bruce drives into the calamity like he can do anything. Has to call his employees to TELL THEM to evacuate the building because they are are complete idiots and have not yet started to evacuate. Boss doesn't evacuate.
>bruce saves a girl
oh my 911's!!!
>>
how exactly is it like 9/11?
oh lasers used to bring down buildings(bvs is an alien with laser eyes, irl was a satellite laser), and both didnt have airplanes in the event, good point op
>>
File: 1497190886241.jpg (323KB, 1532x366px) Image search: [Google]
1497190886241.jpg
323KB, 1532x366px
It portrays the misguided xenophobia of the 9/11 aftermath.
>>
>>85572837
>Every movie tragedy is 9/11

The burger mindset everybody.
>>
>>85572837

Most moviegoers, especially the ones who go to see superhero films don't remember 9/11 or weren't alive back then. It was 20 years ago. We shouldn't need to remember these horrible events of humankind. They should be forgotten and superhero films should be about hope.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (6KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
6KB, 278x181px
>Americans actually believe that the US government didn't at the very least have foreknowledge of 9/11
>>
File: 1500055986246.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500055986246.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>85572837
Doesnt EVERY capeshit movie do this?
Implode a city building, looking up from street level and have the debris engulf the rest of the city?

EVERY single film has done this since Raimi's Spiderman
>>
>>85573173
If you've seen videos of the attack you can notice the similarities. The city looks like new york. Bruce runs through the smoke. A tall building was destroyed. Etc.
Yes, this is what any attack of this kind would look like but I think he was clearly aiming to copy 9/11.
>>
File: bvs kino2.jpg (116KB, 569x530px) Image search: [Google]
bvs kino2.jpg
116KB, 569x530px
>>85573224
I thought Superman was Christian and Bin Affleck was muslim
>>
>>85573264
That's the director's mindset, they are intentionally taking inspiration from 9/11 and the images from the news that showed the attacks.
>>
File: image.jpg (250KB, 1244x884px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250KB, 1244x884px
>>85572837
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.