[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Survival films similar to All Is Lost and The Grey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Just watched All Is Lost and it was brilliant.
It was quite similar but also very different to The Grey which I also love.
It had the same vibe of man against nature, the will and struggle to survive against all odds even when the lead protagonist has lost the will to live due to events before the film's start.
Both films had great cinematography, acting and music, very poetic.
Also both films were going against the tide and they were not glorifying weak numales which is refreshing.

Any other films similar to these two?
>>
The Edge

It doesn't have a solo protagonist but it's the same sort of theme
>>
Alive
Buried
Gravity
Castaway
127 Hours
The Martian
Into The Wild
The Revenant
Frozen (not the Disney movie, one that came before it)
>>
>>85567208

I was once trapped on the top of a mountain and had severe frostbite but I developed strong telekinetic habilites and began to levitate, they I "flew" quite fast, about 40 miles per hour, down tho the nearest villa, I haven't been hable to do it again!
>>
The Grey was a slasher movie with wolves. I liked it but never got a survival vibe from it.
>>
>>85567293
Thank you
>>85567454
Thank you but I disagree with some of your choices and I think they are semantically different to All Is Lost and The Grey
>Gravity
Good imagery but the vibe was completely different.
Probably due to space and the fact the protagonists were tools that were following orders and not men that were going their own way
>The Martian
I haven't seen but Matt Damon is obnoxious.
"I have to science the shit out of this", really?
Literally, reddit the movie, also >Ridley Scott

Life was a much better science fiction film because, best science fiction film in many years
>it was going against the tide of "science is good, science is awesome, science will save us, never criticize science, my feelings"
>everybody (the protagonists, the world) paid for their sins due to the disrespect they showed to nature
>>
>>85567696
this 2bh
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.