[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: valerian.jpg (54KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
valerian.jpg
54KB, 500x455px
So this movie sucked. I really wanted to like it, the visuals were pretty great at parts. But despite being over 2 hours, it felt like we didnt get nearly enough time exploring the interesting scenery.

The biggest problem with this movie was the two lead characters. I am not one of those people on 4chan who thinks Cara Delevigne is super ugly or hideous or whatever, i think she looks okay. But unfortunately her dialogue just did not connect. Her little quips did not land, and her emotional parts were forced.

And if anything, the male lead was even worse. His voice sounded off the whole time, like he was trying to affect this older, more masculine sound.

I never believed they were actually respected members of an intergalactic military, they just never really conveyed that level of assuredness and competence.

Plot was really preachy too, very disappointing movie overall. I went in expecting a passable film and was disappointed at every turn, kept wanting to walk out but I realized I had nothing better to do anyway so I stayed,

It is especially disappointing because the director has done some pretty decent films before, Leon the professional, fifth element, even taken was a decent movie. This one was just bush league, a waste of pretty impressive cgi and such
>>
>>85556336
>tl;dr its shit
>>
I just watched this yesterday. It was 6/10 at best. We knew nothing about the main guy, just that he's a hero. I don't know how it's possible since he's like 30 at best (but looks like 22). Cara was not even the most annoying part, because the guy was trying to be chad when he's like 5'9 and 130 lbs. The deep voice didn't help either.

The setting was nice, but the movie barely touched the possibilities (x thousand species, each having their own habitat etc).

The story was average at best.

And let me just ask this. Am I the only one who thought the blue aliens were the jews?
- 6 million on them died
- incredibly smart and can build more advanced stuff than others from scratch even tho they couldn't even manage space travel
- the evil humans (whites) genocided them
- "we can forgive but how can we ever forget?"
>>
Luc Besson is a fanboy for the obscure comic this was based on, it's likely he didn't give a shit about the film's success
>>
>>85556562

yeah that whole part with the blue aliens was pretty lame. the movie never really made you feel like they were the bad guys at any point, especially since the first fucking scene is them frolicking in harmony with nature, so the big "resolution" where we find out they are actually super awesome geniuses who totally arent even that mad about getting their planet destroyed just doesnt make sense

and yes like you said, the movie barely touched the possibilities of the setting, its called the city of a thousand planets but we just zoom through a bunch of them in short 5 second clips and go back to boring ass dialogue between the main characters and the boring general in his command room
>>
>>85556336

Do you think 4chan cares? Are you actually voicing an opinion on this shithole? No one here watches movies. They're all reclusive lowlives that never leave their parents' house and they'll praise any movie that gets over a 70% on Rotten Tomatoes, regardless of whether or not it's actually good.

>Why do I fucking come here still?
>>
>>85556562
They were space jews on a quest for space israel after the space holocaust.

The movie was good. The leads were well-acted, I think that the characters (cocky, confident, competent) were just not well suited to American sensibilities.

We like our protagonists to be flawed and then assured that their flaws don't preclude them from love. Valerian gave us a couple of powerful, distinct personalities who acknowledge they must compromise and meet in the middle to love rather than their two separate personalities magically meshing perfectly.

I thought both characters were good and acted to a high degree of competence. The visuals were beautiful and the story serviceable. The movie suffers greatly, however, for the various deux ex's and abandoned plots (Rihanna portion). But overall a 7/10 at least.
>>
File: 1466746460409.jpg (417KB, 1912x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1466746460409.jpg
417KB, 1912x1072px
>>85556867
>space Israel

Just what we need.
>>
File: valerian-shingouz-615x316.jpg (86KB, 615x316px) Image search: [Google]
valerian-shingouz-615x316.jpg
86KB, 615x316px
>>85556867
>They were space jews on a quest for space israel after the space holocaust.

You said space jews...
>>
170 MILLION

M
I
L
L
I
O
N
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.