[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John Wick sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: John_Wick_TeaserPoster.jpg (36KB, 280x420px) Image search: [Google]
John_Wick_TeaserPoster.jpg
36KB, 280x420px
Did anyone else think this movie is fucking shit?

>0 stakes
>John is literally a Mary Sue
>Falls for the dumbest of action movie tropes
>Despite the good fight choreography, the fights still remain stupid and tedious and John never feels in danger

I literally stopped watching this once the main villain (who's the most generic and uninspired action movie villain of all time), knocked John unconscious and chose not to kill him, despite the fact he know's John is some sort of superman.
>>
File: Die_hard.jpg (29KB, 220x344px) Image search: [Google]
Die_hard.jpg
29KB, 220x344px
>>85541496
I agree, its fucking awful. The action genre is pretty much dead and is nothing more than a mindless jerk off of "muh choreography". I miss when action movies actually had me on the edge of my seat or had some sense of stakes
>>
this sounds like a cop-out reply, but honestly, that's the way it's supposed to be. it's a movie purely about fight choreography and tightly directed action with minimal characterization enabled by a reliance on classic action movie tropes. it might not be your thing, but i don't think that makes the movie bad. it executed what seemed to be the vision of the creators very well.
>>
I got the sense that it was a passion project which the creators didn't anticipate gaining such a huge cult following. Almost like the short films that Neil Blomkamp has been putting out on youtube recently. I thought the sequel was a major improvement as well.
>>
>>85541496
>>85541673
It's stupid to compare these movies. John Wick is closer to a kung fu movie than an action/thriller like Die Hard.

>>85541765
This. John Wick is a lowish-budget attempt to give action junkies some great fights. Or you could just say it's a bad movie with cool action, I suppose. No one is saying it's taken the crown from Die Hard or Terminator 2 or whatever else people put on the top of the heap these days.
>>
>>85541496
Keanu can't fight or act for shit, so he just headshots people really fast and repeats some awkward graple moves, it's fun for a few minutes until you realize that's all the movie has to offer
>>
>>85542868
I'll give you the acting, but his fighting in those movies is about as good as movie fighting gets. Keanu put a shitload of work into doing Judo and BJJ, and it shows. His execution of the techniques is spot on, and pretty much every other grappler I've talked to loves the fights in those movies, too. As far as repetition goes, that does happen, but it's basically what you'll see in any tournament: certain movies work. And it's not like every other action movie doesn't repeat things all the time.

I guess it would be disappointed if you want to see more striking, but that's what pretty much every other movie fight does anyway. I thought it was great that these movies decided to do something else, and pulled it off well.
>>
File: raw_deal.jpg (70KB, 504x755px) Image search: [Google]
raw_deal.jpg
70KB, 504x755px
>>85541496
it's supposed to be one of those old school mob revenge movies
>shooter has impossibly good aim
>cliche characters
>one liners
if you don't like it I feel sorry for you desu
>>
>>85543144
it did look like he put a lot of effort into the stunts for sure
>>
File: 1499524401322.jpg (101KB, 816x779px) Image search: [Google]
1499524401322.jpg
101KB, 816x779px
>>85541496
Had the best wickfu, though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.