[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to marathon this, what am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Lincoln_2012_Teaser_Poster.jpg (46KB, 295x437px) Image search: [Google]
Lincoln_2012_Teaser_Poster.jpg
46KB, 295x437px
About to marathon this, what am I in for?
>>
>>85537992
No idea I legit fell asleep watching this boring shit.
>>
Kino.

I haven't seen it.
>>
Imagine the American Civil War

but like

talking
in weird accents

for 3 hours

court drama

YAY
>>
>>85537992
A fantasy version of Abe Lincolns life was the general consensus.
>>
>>85538050
Which annoyed me. I'd really like an actual film concentrating on what it was like for the men and the people on both sides of the civil war. Books can only make you feel so much and to be honest every book on the American Civil War looks biased as shit.
>>
A Shamalamadingdong tweest. Tommie Lee Jones removing his wig and whatnot scared Mom half to death.
>>
File: 1495660590067.jpg (55KB, 625x421px) Image search: [Google]
1495660590067.jpg
55KB, 625x421px
>>85537992
long boring exposition and tip-toeing around how these faggot politicians really felt about slavery

watched entire thing, would not recommend
>>
>>85537992
lincoln vs vampires is better
>>
>>85538062
>A fantasy version of Abe Lincolns life

explain...
>>
>>85537992
A fake wannabe kino consisting of people having long, dull conversations. We need more filmmakers like BASED NOLAN who understand KINO doesn't need to be boring talky bullshit.
>>
>>85537992
Great cast. James Spader and David Costabile are pure kino. Tommy Lee Jones goes ham and DDL is the goat.
>>
>>85537992
A Hallmark movie with bayonets.
>>
Its a good film no one will want to re-watch again.
>>
If you have a genuine interest in ACW history it really is kino. Some incredible acting and shows Lincoln's struggle between the morality of slavery and the use of the issue of using slavery as a political tool and a use of winning the war. There is no doubt that the man wanted slavery to end morally, especially by the end of the war but the importance of making sure the Union stayed strong is never forgotten
>>
You're in for an extremely boring movie.
>>
>>85537992
Don't get too attached to the main character, they kill him off for no reason.
>>
>Watch DDL Win Another Academy Award
That's the whole movie. Lincoln monologues in almost every scene he's in. It grinds the movie to a halt every time something more interesting is happening. The side plot with Spader as he rallies and bribes politicians to pass the amendment was far more interesting.
>>
>>85537992
Apologism for a brutal dictator and tyrant who suspended habeas corpus and attacked states from exercising their states rights.
>>
>>85537992
Watch this instead
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.