[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was this like to see at the time? What was the hype like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: qY3UkAHufLY.movieposter_maxres.jpg (41KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
qY3UkAHufLY.movieposter_maxres.jpg
41KB, 300x426px
What was this like to see at the time? What was the hype like? Why were people going crazy for it so much when it's just another batman flick.
>>
>>85536193
I saw this opening night at Midnight. The hype behind it because of Ledger's passing was unreal but the film delivered beyond that. I was only 16 at the time so I wasn't terribly into movies but I remember loving it.

I've never had a cinema experience quite like it since. People dressed up, they clapped and cheered and really got into it which completely changed the viewing experience and made it super exciting.

Beyond my personal (and I'm sure many other's) personal experience? The film is expertly directed and acted, it's a joy to watch and get fully immersed in. Also the script and themes make you feel smart (Die the hero or live long enough to become the villain, Watch the world burn, breaking you're one rule, etc etc) some of those themes are quite a bit more complex than anything you'll see in a Marvel movie or most other Hollywood films for that matter. People, despite what Hollywood thinks, like to be somewhat challenged with a film and it's themes. The whole boat scene with the prisoners? Nobody in the theater knew how that would play out, that's a significantly more difficult and morally opaque scene to present an audience with than anything in BvS or any other capeshit flick, it's captivating stuff worth discussing with your friends and coworkers. Yes maybe it's not supposed to be more than a Batman film but it was. At least that's how I see it looking back.
>>
Ledger's performance was amazing
>>
How underage are u OP
>>
Is a pretty solid film, way ahead of any MCU/DCEU cheap trash, only Raimi spiderman is on the same lvl
>>
It's a cape movie that doesn't feel like a cape movie, whether capeshit (all of the MCU and DC garbage) or capekino (Raimi).
>>
>>85536193
The imax was a waste of money Tbh
>>
Not as good as Tim Burton's Batman Returns
>>
>>85536193
>Why were people going crazy for it so much when it's just another batman flick.
DUDE HEATH LEDGER LITERALLY KILLED HIMSELF FROM A DRUG OVERDOSE BECAUSE HE HAD NIGHTMARES OVER HOW SICKDARK AND DEPRAVED HIS ACTING AS THE JOKER WAS LMAO
>>
>>85536193
My mum saw it without me because her friend said it was too scary. She walked out half way through and still wont watch it to this day. What a fucking pussy.
>>
well, i didnt get shot so i had a good time
>>
>>85536685
This. Ironically my fave batflick
>>
I was 15 at the time so my perception is kinda skewed, but that opening seen gave me chills. I dont remember any film in a theater ever make me on the edge of my seat quite like tdk did. Ledgers joker preformance was haunting and the story seemed extremely tight at the time. I haven't seen the movie in 5 years but that first time seeing it wth my dad certainly left an impression
>>
>>85536193
It was amazing, it's like you knew the scenes you were watching would go down not just as kino but as a part of cinema history, can't say I've had an experience quite like it ever before.
>>
>>85536193
I saw the Joker and "why so seriousXD" everywhere for what felt like fucking forever. Also how old are you?
>>
>>85536581
fpbp

Ledger dying definitely jacked up the hype, but as a dude who doesn't really like capeshit, it's the best of the genre.
>>
>>85536193
One of my favourite movies of all time. Heath ledger's performance was phenomenal.
>>
>>85536193
>when it's just another batman flick
It wasn't, though. Not only is it a thoroughly entertaining 10/10 studio film, it was an even-better followup to the extremely satisfying entry that removed the bad taste of the Schumaker films.
>source: oldfag who's seen every Batman film in theaters since B89
>>
>>85536685
Well that goes without saying
>>
File: images-2.jpg (10KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
10KB, 229x220px
>>85536823
hah i was born in 88 and have never seen those shitty batman movies. first one i saw was Batman Begins

FUck off and die already grandpa
>>
I was in the sneak, but went out at the beginning of the last hour because I had to take a shower. They didn't let me in again.
>>
The main talking point at the time was definitely Ledgers passing. There was a lot of talk about how the role essentially killed him because he went crazy getting into character but I think that's been debunked now.
Also this was the film that made Christopher Nolan a household name. There was universal praise for basically every aspect of the film and it was generally regarded as the best film of the year. Hugh Jackman's opening song at the oscars that year even had a part about why it wasn't nomininated for best film. Ledgers Oscar win was incredibly moving that year too, but it was the same year RDJ was nominated for Tropic Thunder which I like to think came a close runner up.
>>
>>85536193
Saw it openning weekend age 12. Hadn't seen the first one and hadn't paid any attention to media hype etc. Didn't even know Heat was kill. Thought it was the best movie i'd ever seen. It's still amazing
>>
>>85536721
i meant unirionically.
>>
>>85536873
One day some cumstain will talk back to you in a thread about the 2nd Harley Quinn reboot holo-adventure, and when they do, think of me.
>>
>>85536193
Can anyone explain to me how WB made a great trilogy like TDK just to drop the ball with DCEU? WW is literally the only movie with a good story but the CGI and gadot weak acting made the movie a 6/10 at best
>>
>>85536193
>when it's just another batman flick.
protip: it isn't
>>
>>85536960
Nolan was a good writer and director with a clear vision for his reboot series
>>
>>85536581
>The hype behind it because of Ledger's passing was unreal but the film delivered beyond that
try not to sound like a such a faggot please
>>
>>85536873
jesus you're 29? I have to get my life together
>>
>>85536581
Hype for this movie far predated Heath's passing. He was still alive when the trailer dropped. Speaking of, I still regard the TDK trailer as one of the best movie trailers made.
>>
I remember everyone having TDK Xbox Live avatars. Fags would even quote the Joker. Really gay. He was the only good part of the trilogy though.
>>
>>85536960
I'd be more interested in knowing how they made two great films only to drop the ball with TDKR.
>>
>superhero movie that focused more on the human aspect
>tailored to be philosophical in an anarchist way, the type of edginess the common mind will understand and believe
>ledger hype
>good pacing, not just quip after quip

this movie came out when i was in the 9th grade and everyone was losing their shit over it, kids telling me to watch and rewatch it, everyone changing their phone wallpapers to joker and shit, etc.
>>
>>85537310
>WHY SO SERIOUS?
>WHY SO SERIOUS?
>WHY SO SERIOUS?
>WHY SO SERIOUS?
>WHY SO SERIOUS?
>>
>>85536959
Kek
>>
File: IMG_0874.png (181KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0874.png
181KB, 500x350px
>>85537310
>playing TF2
>everybody had pic related as their avatar
>>
>>85537396
trilogy curse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtpeYERu9w
>>
>>85536193
It was the start of the now common practice of theaters having designated shooters.
>>
File: 1489635336886.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489635336886.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>85537396
3>1
>>
File: 4557591[1].jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
4557591[1].jpg
69KB, 520x678px
>>85537575
>Spiderman 3 sucked
>TDK rises sucked
>Civil war sucked
>Iron Man 3 super sucked
>Superman 3 sucked

>thor ragnarok is the third Thor movie
>>
>>85536193
This came out like 9 years ago, how fucking underage are you? Jesus christ.
>>
I remember when that one american sperg shot up the theater of the third part in america and they checkpoints infront of every viewing in Germany as if the flick was responsible for it.
I had to dump all my spaghetti into the toilet trashcan
>>
The anticipation and hype were real. Saw it at the old theater in Westwood the Friday it opened. People yelled, moaned and groaned with dread as the joker was explaining the terms of the 'social experiment' on the ferries. You bet there was applause at the end.
>>
>>85537761
Civil War didn't suck
>>
ITT: Americlaps
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.