[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is a wizard riding a broom? That's a witch thing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 20

File: IMG_9279.jpg (33KB, 410x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9279.jpg
33KB, 410x308px
Why the fuck is a wizard riding a broom?

That's a witch thing.
>>
Equality.
>>
>>85534139
There's literally no reason why they shouldn't be able to put a permanent spell on themselves that would make them be able to fly naturally. Fuck this hack writing
>>
Dull things in the dullest franchise
>>
>>85534139
because hes a fag
>>
>>85534207
Literally just wingardium leviosa yourself lmao
>>
>>85534207
They literally do do that. Only higher-level wizards can do it though because it takes stamina and concentration, like that mind-reading thing. They show it as early as movie 5, but it's not really expanded on until book 7.

>>85534304
That only lets you levitate. You can't move without propulsion; it's like being stuck in outer space.
>>
>>85534207
Voldemort and Snape can do this in the books, in the movie everyone can fly on their own.
>>
Why do they use wands? That's a fairy godmother thing. Wizards should use staves, if anything.
>>
>>85534139
Why don't they just use flying cars
>>
>LITERALLY the most powerful and forbidden spell is just a shitty version of a handgun
really makes you ponder
>>
>>85534207
>what are death eaters and aurors
>>
>>85534459
>That only lets you levitate. You can't move without propulsion; it's like being stuck in outer space.
Then add infinite ascendio after it.
>>
>>85534507
I thought that was kind of weird in the movie. It seems to be pretty easy to do if every single Death Eater is doing it, why does anyone else use brooms? Personally, I think they did it because the movies are clearly set in modern-day England, where people had digital cameras, then camera flip-phones, then smartphones....if wizards were flying around brooms there would be mountains of footage. But a vague cloud in the sky? Could be anything.
>>
>>85534554

It's not the most powerful spell, it's just the most evil spell that kills people. In the fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort they were conjuring swords and fire out of thin air.
>>
>>85534589
>infinite ascendio
I'm not familiar with latin or harry potter lore, but that sounds like you'd just keep rising forever. Hope you brought a space suit.
>>
>>85534599
How come muggles didn't see the giant ass green skull in the sky?
>>
>>85534642

what you makes you think you can't ascend in the horizontal direction?
>>
Why don't the Weasleys use "repairo" on their clothes? Why don't they use alchemy to make money? Why don't they conjure up a better house?

Wizards/witches should have zero (0) problems but for some reason they have nothing but problems.
>>
File: jsmith.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
jsmith.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
>>85534703
>>
>>85534139

Do wizards not have testicles? Why are they fine with putting literally all of their weight onto their nutsacks while flying?
>>
>>85534703
>ascend horizontally
That's not what ascend means
>>85534760
Conjured items only last for a little while. Now your second question, "why don't they just cast a new spell every few days?", it's because these stories were never meant to have good worldbuilding. It's set in a country where your job options are:

>cop
>teacher
>merchant
>terrorist
>>
>>85534659
Did the Dark Mark ever get cast in Muggle areas? The only time I can think of was in the 6th movie where there's a dark grey cloud shaped like a skull. I'm sure people noticed, but we see weird clouds all the time and nobody thinks "oh, it must be magic".
>>
>>85534633
that's still worse than a granade
>>
why didnt harry just use a spell to improve his eyesight?
>>
>>85534139
>not making potions out of baby blood
they are not even trying
>>
>>85534139
Because the bitch that wrote that shit is a hack
>>
>>85534554
>most powerful spell
>not Imperio
step up
>>
>>85534979
No it isn't. A small marble statue can shield someone from the killing curse. Pull the pin on a grenade, then hide behind a small marble statue inches away. See how that goes for you.
>>
>>85534703
>>
>what you makes you think you can't ascend in the horizontal direction

Jaden stop
>>
>>85534703
The word "ascend" for one thing, fuckhead
>>
>>85535185
>not bombarda maxima

Fucking bazooka inside a stick
>>
>He was on the sixth stair when there was a loud, wailing, klaxon-like sound and the steps melted together to make a long, smooth stone slide like a helter-skelter. There was a brief moment when Ron tried to keep running, arms working madly like windmills, then he toppled over backwards and shot down the newly created slide, coming to rest on his back at Harry's feet.
'Er - I don't think we're allowed in the girls' dormitories,' said Harry, pulling Ron to his feet and trying not to laugh.
Two fourth-year girls came zooming gleefully down the stone slide.
'Oooh, who tried to get upstairs?' they giggled happily, leaping to their feet and ogling Harry and Ron.
'Me,' said Ron, who was still rather dishevelled. 'I didn't realise that would happen. It's not fair!' he added to Harry, as the girls headed off for the portrait hole, still giggling madly. 'Hermione's allowed in our dormitory, how come we're not allowed -?'
'Well, it's an old-fashioned rule,' said Hermione, who had just slid neatly on to a rug in front of them and was now getting to her feet, 'but it says in Hogwarts: A History, that the founders thought boys were less trustworthy than girls.
I love blatant sexism in my childrens books
>>
>>85534633
it's just an evil instagib spell, against a crowd you'd have to use something AOE like
>>
>>85535564
>'but it says in Hogwarts: A History, that the founders thought boys were less trustworthy than girls.

Objectively, teenage girls sneaking into the boys' room is less dangerous than the other way around. Hermione, being like 11 or 12 or whatever, was probably too young to realize that it was meant to be about preventing rape/molestation.
>>
>>85534139
Where do their balls go when riding a broom?
>>
>>85534524
This
>>
>>85535419
Is that what they used in that old .gif where Russian soldiers or whatever blows up a bus by smacking it's window with a stick?
>>
File: fatobama.png (320KB, 454x410px) Image search: [Google]
fatobama.png
320KB, 454x410px
How come Harry didn't get expelled for casting Lumos under his bed outside of Hogwarts at the beginning of Prisoner of Azkaban?
>>
>>85535419
Forgot this one existed. Expulso looks and sounds cooler though. That cafe scene in HP&TDH Part I was GOAT.
>>
because rowling is a hack
>>
>>85535882
Why didn't he just use a flashlight lmao
>>
File: dullest.jpg (3MB, 1565x2823px) Image search: [Google]
dullest.jpg
3MB, 1565x2823px
>>85534139
Because Rowling desperately tried to breathe some originality into one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>85536136
Is this baitkino?
>>
>>85534554
Now that you mention it, why did no one have a gun during the last battle to defend hogwarts. Neville could have held that bridge down with a browning MG no problem. Is this why the wizards hide from humans? Our weapons are still better than literal magic
>>
>>85536166
>calling something written by HAROLD FUCKING BLOOM bait
this board is beyond salvation
>>
>>85534850
Rated
<-----here
>>
>>85536167
why didn't the death eaters just create a nuclear bomb and dropped it on hogwarts?
>>
why didnt hermione use the time machine to fuk with voldemort instead of being a useless bitch
>>
>>85536333
>why didn't the guy who's obsessed with magic and the founders just bomb the place they built and just happens to be one of the oldest and most magical places in Britain and possibly the world?
Gee, I wonder
>>
Hermione rule34 when?
>>
>>85536433
it didnt seem like they cared about it that much. by the end of the battle a lot of the buildings were completely demolished
>>
With all the mind and body control curses, love potions, and memory charms and stuff you have to imagine that there's probably a lot of rape in the wizard world.
>>
>>85536616
Shit happens in a battle and the place was still standing even if it was partially fucked

If he didn't care about it there would've been no reason to want to work there or to take items of the Hogwarts founders as horcruxes
>>
>>85536657
There literally hasn't been a single unmolested boy at Hogwarts since Dumbly D began his reign of terror
>>
>>85536167
The wizards could annihilate humans in an actual war. Good luck fighting an enemy that can teleport and mind control your leaders. They're hidden from one another for their own good.
>>
>>85536765

Pretty sure Rowling herself said that wizards would get annihilated if the rest of humanity ever found out about them and wanted them gone
>>
>>85534507
>>85534599
In the books, only Voldemort could fly, and only once in the final book (death eaters ambush Harry as the Order is moving him in a broom convoy, and Voldy himself shows up just free-flying). It was just there to highlight his power level in a surprise spook seen, though, it was never expanded upon or even mentioned again, I think.
The movies' flying-smoke-trailing-heads death eaters were pretty neat visually but kinda broken OP, not that you can really suspend disbelief too far in HP to begin with.
>>
File: 1480317058543.gif (298KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1480317058543.gif
298KB, 300x199px
>>85534703
>ascend horizontally
>>
>good wizards turn into white smoke
>bad wizards turn into black smoke

The books are for children, but the movies are for retarded children who were held back.
>>
>>85536795
Rowling doesn't understand her own universe then. Apparate+Imperio alone is an instant win for wizards, along with the ability to hide in plain sight even from other wizards (like that house in the 5th movie that's right between two other houses but nobody sees it).
>>
Why don't people stop acting like Voldermort didn't love Hogwarts? It was only 75-80% of the people who inhabited it that he hated.
>>
>>85536500
https://rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=hermione_granger
>>
>>85536924
Humans have split the atom.
We have weapons that can be fired from hundreds of miles away.

We could literally nuke hogwarts.
>>
>>85536973
humans cannot even fucking locate Hogwarts you fucking idiot.
>>
>>85536136
:3
>>
>>85537017
Yes they can.
Just put a radio tracker on a kid wizard, then paint the location from 10 miles away with a targeting laser and bombard it with air-fuel missiles.

The wizards in HP don't even know how a fucking rubber duck works.
The idea of radio waves must make their heads spin.

Go read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.

It explains just how stupid wizards in HP are.
>>
>>85537148
>>Just put a radio tracker on a kid wizard,

It's time to stop posting.
>>
>>85534514
>514▶
>Why do they use wands? That's a fairy god
once your based enough you don't even really need a wand.
>>
>>85537148
Pretty sure no electronics works inside Hogwarts.
The fact that they managed to keep themselves hidden for so long should tell you how good they will be at stealth war.
>>
File: 1494127628091.png (205KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1494127628091.png
205KB, 501x445px
>>85537148
>Go read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.
Absolutely not.
>>
File: 1287660261.jpg (11KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
1287660261.jpg
11KB, 400x270px
>>85534139
why didnt they just use guns?
>>
>>85537233
>scan the area around hogwarts
>notice big gap in the data
>airstrike mysterious failure zone
>no more wizards
>>
>>85537262
I never read the originals, but HPMoR is one of the most entertaining books I've read.

It's awesome being a pleb.
>>
>>85537148
>Go read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.

You're a terrible human being and your followers are all aging creepy perverts, Yudkowsky.
>>
>>85537313
Congratulations, retard, you've just bombed a British military base
>>
File: Why.png (325KB, 560x559px) Image search: [Google]
Why.png
325KB, 560x559px
Why didn't Harry just use the Accio spell to make the Horcruxs come to him?
>>
>>85537439
If the British military has literal anti-electronics magic then they can get fucked too.
>>
>>85537233
>>85537174
>I don't know how tracking or triangulation works

Unless Hogwart's cloaking field extends dozens of miles out in every direction, they don't NEED the exact location. They just need to know where the field begins. Then you bombard the area with FAEs.

If you need to be precise, you sent a chemical rocket with a tracker to the last known location of the wizard kid's tracker, fire it into the field, and wait until it exits at the other side.

Also, Radios work in Hogwarts, so radio waves can and do penetrate their cloak.
>>
>>85534139
To be fair as I understand it women and men are wizards, men are warlocks and women are witches, and warlocks and witches mean the same thing.
>>
>>85534524
>>85535693
Cause enchanted muggle items are forbidden. Ron's dad was just a massive muggleboo.
>>
>>85534139
it was a gay imagery thing. you wouldnt understand
>>
>>85537371
>Yudkowsky
I had to look that up to even know that person was the author.

what kind of subhuman can't separate the artist from the art?

I bet you hate Polanski's films for reasons unrelated to the films themselves, you troglodyte.
>>
>>85534760
>Why don't they use alchemy to make money?
Serial numbers pertaining to specific goblin craftsmen. Also possibly one of the few things you can't magic, like food.
>>
>>85537634
How do you read a book and not know who the author was?
>>
>>85537459
Cause 1, you need to be able to clearly picture the object in your mind, and 2, you can just put a counter spell on it.
>>
>>85537148
>The wizards in HP don't even know how a fucking rubber duck works.
The muggle-wizard idea has always wierded me out.
Like how can the wizards be so confounded by muggles when so god damn many of the wizards are from muggle families?
>>
>>85534599
Actually, the books take place in the mid 90s. The films don't really translate well in that regard.
>>
>>85537459
He couldn't even do that with a sword he was looking at.
>>
>listening to the Stephen Fry audiobooks in bed at night because it's relaxing and makes me sleep
>whenever someone teleports he yells out CRACK in a really loud and echoy voice echoes
>become startled and awake

God dommit Fry.
>>
>>85534514
If you're strong of mind you don't need any at all. You can use other objects, Mad-Eye moody has some sort of staff.
>>
>>85537511
If they are in a war with muggles they can just use Fidelius charm which makes it literally impossible to find.
>>
>>85537371
>Yudkowsky
that guy is seriously the most pretentious annoying fatso in existence
>>
>>85537765
Dumbedore magics feasts all the time
>>
>>85538879
Nah. He just teleports them/makes them visible. The food is cooked by a team of house elves.
Well technically he does still magic them of course but I meant magic them out of nothing if that wasn't clear.

The Philosophers Stone could magic up gold though.
>>
>>85538879
The feasts were prepared by elves in the kitchens and teleported to the tables.
>>
>>85537831
Last time I checked, MoR was fanfiction.
I don't classify that as a book.
>>
>>85537990
What do you think would happen to a western child that was removed from the west and placed in a Amazonian Jungle tribe as soon as he hit age 10 and spent the rest of his life there?

Same thing.
>>
First time listening to "Wizard People, Dear Reader" was literally the funniest thing i've ever seen, like abs hurting tears flowing.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 283x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 283x287px
>>85538302
Killing Mad-Eye Moody off screen really annoyed, he deserved a cooler death.
>>
>>85538533
Roman Polanski is a pedophile.

Rosemary’s Baby and Chinatown are still excellent films.
>>
>>85539095
Yeah but like half the tribe is made up of other western kids so it's not like the muggle side would just disappear, at least not enough for muggle things to be so foreign. And the kids still go home and visit their muggle families and every wizard has to at least mingle a bit with muggles since there are like two big congregations for wizards in England and a lot still live in the "muggle world" if you can call it that
>>
File: 0000000000.jpg (18KB, 354x342px) Image search: [Google]
0000000000.jpg
18KB, 354x342px
>>85534703
... ill allow it
>>
>>85539135
I liked him too but half of his character was actually Barty Crouch Jr. pretending to be him.
>>
>>85534139
I never understood how magic functions in Harry potter. Do the wizards cast spells by using a internal energy source like Mana, Magicka, Chakra, Spirt energy, or Ki? If not, than can't they just cast spells non stop without tire? Such a mechanic should allow them to just cast a permanent levitate spell, right? Also, if the energy source is external to them, why do they even need wands in this universe.
>>
>>85537291

Europe
>>
>>85539322
But their education stops at that of 10 years old.
They don't even consume muggle media anymore.
Magic probably also has a degenerative effect on basic logic as well, judging from the actions of characters in the series.
>>
>>85534703
Are people literally too retarded to understand what this post here meant? In the movie Harry uses ascendio to propel himself out of the water by holding the wand up into the air. If he just laid on his stomach and held it forward parallel to the ground he would just fly horizontally.
>>
>>85534554
No its better than a gun because it kills instantly regardless of your durability, it kills ANYTHING. No disgusting human fluids from bullet wounds just a dead corpse very efficient murder weapon.

Imagine a bomb that used that energy that covers a 2km area you could genocide an entire town WITHOUT CAUSING ANY ANNOYING COLLATERAL DAMAGE.

Voldemort was on to something big holy fuck.
>>
>>85539462
power is in the blood and the wands are used for directing flows of power that should have been obvious.
>>
>>85539462
casting magic needs concentration, which can be tiring, but no special energy.
They dont need wands, wands just make it easier.
>>
>>85534139
they don't all ride brooms remember haggred put magic on the bike and the weasleys had the car.
>>
>>85539512
>They don't even consume muggle media anymore.
Why wouldn't they be able too? As I said, they still hang out with their muggle families during holidays.
Also, there is even a subject at Hogwarts for muggle studies. And yet they don't know what a fucking rubber duck is.
>>
>>85539274
>Rosemary’s Baby and Chinatown are still excellent films.
Rosemary's Baby is great, but Chinatown is too fucking boring. Reminds me of John Ford or late Sergio Leone.
>>
>>85539736
pureblood wizards looks down on the muggles and actively try to avoid learning about it.
>>
>>85537148
Bombing Hogwarts doesn't kill every single wizard. Some wizards are even fucking immortal like Voldemort.

If word got around the wizarding community that a magical shoah was going on you would have high level wizards teleporting to military bases and the offices of world leaders with invisibility cloaks and fucking everything up.

How is this even a fucking argument?
>>
>>85534459
>That only lets you levitate. You can't move without propulsion; it's like being stuck in outer space.

I don't know, in the movie you see people turn to fog and move around. But in the books they went out of their way to point out that Voldemort could now fly, I dunno what the difference is.
>>
>>85539888
True but the pure-bloods are so few they have to resort to inbreeding.

My point is just that for a society as connected as the muggle and wizarding world their apparent disconnection is badly thought out.
>>
>>85535419
Feindfire is the best
>>
>>85540191
The whole series is badly thought out
>>
>2017
why haven't you read the fanfic Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality by Eliezer Yudkowsky?

>"I’m too smart, Professor. I’ve got nothing to say to normal children. Adults don’t respect me enough to really talk to me. And frankly, even if they did, they wouldn’t sound as smart as Richard Feynman, so I might as well read something Richard Feynman wrote instead. I’m isolated, Professor McGonagall. I’ve been isolated my whole life. Maybe that has some of the same effects as being locked in a cellar. And I’m too intelligent to look up to my parents the way that children are designed to do. My parents love me, but they don’t feel obliged to respond to reason, and sometimes I feel like they’re the children - children who won’t listen and have absolute authority over my whole existence. I try not to be too bitter about it, but I also try to be honest with myself, so, yes, I’m bitter."
>>
>>85539462
If you can enchany objects to fly couldn't a wizard just enchany a belt and be on his merry way?

Why aren't wizards concerned with leaving their children in deadly environments? One of the punishments involves sending 11 year olds into a murder forest.

Does hogwarts have some kind of non-horny enchantment? How come no-one fuggs? Does the spell effect wear off after a certain distance suddenly making the candy cart lady on the hogwarts express seem unresistable for the last 10 minutes of the ride home because at this point your hormonal ass hasn't busted a nut in a year.
>>
>>85540787
>Does hogwarts have some kind of non-horny enchantment? How come no-one fuggs?

its implied in one of the later books that they do fug. even harrys parents were only in there twenties when he was born.
>>
>>85540845
>its implied in one of the later books that they do fug

sauce you lying piece of shit
>>
>>85540770
This is either Hermeone or Boldegort I guarantee
>>
>>85538279
>listening to that bloated old pedo
Jim Dale is where it's at, boy
>>
File: drewg.gif (861KB, 410x412px) Image search: [Google]
drewg.gif
861KB, 410x412px
>>85540770
Holy fuck that is bad.
>>
>>85540787
>Why aren't wizards concerned with leaving their children in deadly environments
They had only one death in history and any injurys other than death can be cured fairly easily.
>>
File: 1389189025949.jpg (37KB, 235x196px) Image search: [Google]
1389189025949.jpg
37KB, 235x196px
>“The Ministry of Magic has fallen,” Neville said in despair.

>Harry laughed long and loud. “You should not mourn the government,” he told Neville. “The state has never shed a tear for you. Why waste your tears on it?”

>He picked up his wand. “For my part, I withdrew my consent to be governed years ago. Taxation is destroying private resources.” A smile played across Harry’s lips. “I hope they destroyed the national bank, while they were at it. I should like to see the goblins of Gringotts face their real enemy — deregulation.”
>>
>>85539546
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutron_bomb

You'll have structural/collateral damage for 600 metres or so from the initial explosion, but it's designed to kill people whilst leaving the majority of the infrastructure intact.
>>
>>85541666
Compare the complexities involving building and deploying a Neutron bomb to literally carrying a stick in your hand.
>>
File: 1499748967825.png (486KB, 614x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1499748967825.png
486KB, 614x1042px
>>85540770
>>
>>85541883
I'm not talking about the role of nuclear weapons in the Harry Potter universe you fucking mong.

There probably is some fanfiction where Voldemort accios himself a Minuteman missile, or where a rogue Durmstrang student tricks Hagrid into delivering a dirty bomb onto Hogwarts grounds by saying it's a rare two-arsed Chaffinch egg.

I was merely pointing out to that anon hat such a weapon already did exist, and that they don't have to imagine it. Sometimes it's nice to learn things.

God I'm so tired and this place makes me so mad sometimes.
>>
File: 1498763862398.jpg (29KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
1498763862398.jpg
29KB, 373x327px
>>85534703
>>
>>85539523
That implies Ascendio works by thrusting the caster in the direction the wand is facing, which isn't what the spell implies.
>>
>>85539523
There are specific wand movements for each spell. It makes sense that you'd need to hold your arm up to use a spell that lifts you.
>>
File: tfw too smart.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
tfw too smart.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>>85534703
>Not ascending downwards
>>
>>85540770
cancer
>>
>>85534703
obi wan get out of here with your relativistic high ground bullshit
>>
>>85534139
Wizards are male witches in that universe.
>>
>>85537148
The government would kidnap and breed low-level wizards/witches to raise as their own and train them from birth to infiltrate the wizarding world
They'd just need a sleeper cell in Hogwarts learning magic, how to enter the wizarding world, where everything is etc. Then they'd just have to find out how to wield the darkest/most powerful magic. Then plot an attack from the inside when they least expect it at places where wizards all gather together like that world quidditch cup. It's not impossible but they'd be outmatched if they didn't try and use magic/infiltrate the wizarding world. The biggest challenge would be to keep the infiltrators loyal to the muggle black ops army.
>>
>>85534459
>That only lets you levitate. You can't move without propulsion
Then how did they levitate Snape out of the shrieking shack in book 3?
>>
>>85534554
It probably predates handguns by quite a bit,
and doesn't run out of bullets,
and never needs cleaning,
and can't accidentally misfire

Hardly the strongest spell BTW, just one of 3 infamously illegal spells (due to the fact that its only function is to kill)
>>
>>85536030
Dursleys won't buy him one
>>
>>85536904
At least they didn't grow vampire wings
>>
>>85537262
Its good if you didn't read enders game first
>>
>>85534459
Quite fucking literally only Voldemort could fly unaided.
>>
>>85537148
>don't even know how a fucking rubber duck works.
They know how it works, just not the purpose
>>
>>85541262
Absolutely fucking correct, Stephen Fry is a disgusting old faggot, Jim Dale is based as fuck. His HBP reading was GOAT
>>
File: 1344564565765.gif (1011KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
1344564565765.gif
1011KB, 500x273px
>>85540770
So this is the most famous harry potter fanfiction in existence?
>>
>Harry: "Hey Ron, wanna play a game of chess?
>Ron: "Wot m8? The fuck is chess?"
>Harry: "Its a game, with a board with squares and we take turns moving pieces..."
>Ron: "OH, YOU MEAN 'WIZARD' CHESS!

:^|
>>
>>85544108
Not even close

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6829556/2/My-Immortal
>>
File: 1470845828217.png (121KB, 302x289px) Image search: [Google]
1470845828217.png
121KB, 302x289px
>>85534703
>>
File: 1419113477516.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1419113477516.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>85534703
>>
>>85536657
Ron literally gets raped by a girl for an entire book because of a love potion
>>
>>85543411
>infiltrating an organization of people who can read minds and detect any magic anywhere instantly

good luck not fucking that up
>>
>>85539462
Magic is a natural force like earth water air and fire, you just have to have the right skills/natural tendency to channel that force, a small amount of muggles can do it but theyre the niggers of the wizarding world because there are a bunch of old wizard families that go back thousands of years
>>
>>85545164
>you just have to have the right skills/natural tendency to channel that force, a small amount of muggles can do it
explain squibs then

you have to have the gift or you can't fucking do it
>>
>>85540456
Too hard to control, if you arent a top level wizard its suicide
>>
>>85534554
>Not Cultura Marxima

It literally destroys entire civilizations.
>>
>>85539596
If that's the case than why can't all humans use magic? Its not tied to any internal power source that the user has to train up, so ,in theory, everybody should able to use it, yet, the muggles can't manipulate magic. Imo, Harry potter should made magic be fueled by an internal source, it just works out better when you do that instead of having magic just be this thing all around us that we can exploit by thinking about it.
>>
>>85547432
>magical cores
Fuck off back to ff.net
>>
>>85534139
Harry was kind of a Mary Sue was he not?
>>
>>85547597

No. Even just academically he was average at everything but DatDA. A big point is made that Hermione basically carries the group and Harry is just good at dueling and shit. Not to mention there are leagues of people who hat Harry for being Harry. One of the main characters bullies Harry his entire school life because his mom wouldn't fuck him when they were younger.
>>
>>85534139
Why can they regrow bones in an arm that has none, but they can't ever correct Harry's vision so he doesn't have to wear stupid glasses anymore?
>>
>>85543600
There is NOTHING in the Harry Potter universe more powerful than a nuclear weapon. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>85548285
Harry is talented at quiddich too, and he even plays the position that's specifically designed to get maximum glory from minimum effort.
>>
>>85548421
I only read fanfic, but wouldn't a dementor survive a nuke?
>>
>>85543900
What about Snape?
>>
>>85548421

An out of control kid destroys New York and they literally rebuild it waving their wands without breaking a sweat and then they make it rain and everyone forgets everything. Just because they've never needed to show nuke level capabilities in the wizarding world doesn't mean they can't fuck some shit up.
>>
>>85543411
I love when random anons come up with ideas that are far more interesting than the bullshit that professional writers come up with

also, nice dubs
>>
>>85536973
Pretty sure magic can split atoms. Magic is in a sense hyper advanced technology using extradimension laws of physics to circumvent rules of reality to create an effect in spacetime. How this is done us impossible to explain since it uses physics outside of our reality but the method to creating effects can be studied though its impossible to know how the effects happen.
>>
>>85548627

when did something like this happen?
>>
>>85537990
Its Rowling being a hack thinking autistic wizards wouldnt use magic to speed up scientific development. Imagine if humans could fire frok nowhere. We wouldnt need coal so we could go straight to steam powered shit.
>>
>>85534139
Because British wizards placed an import and manufacturing ban on flying carpets.
>>
>>85548938
we wouldn't need the entire food industry because wizards can duplicate food infinitely
>>
File: 1501176625685.jpg (42KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1501176625685.jpg
42KB, 550x550px
>>85534703
Really jingles the bell
>>
>>85534554
it's powerful because it cannot be blocked by protective spells. if you shoot a wizard with a handgun he probably has plenty of spells in his arsenal that can deal with it.
>>
>>85537459
I haven't read the books for a while but i know in the movies they show that Accio doesn't work on horcruxes.
>>
>>85548421
what does that have to do with handguns?

Also, we never got to see the effects of nuclear weapons on magical wards...
>>
>>85548795

Fantastic Beasts.

It was fucking retarded. Comfy movie though.
>>
>>85550386
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.